Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Available as a gas-only model or as a plug-in hybrid
- Long list of standard equipment
- Strong towing capacity
- Chic cabin
Volvo XC60: Everything You Need to Know
About the XC60:
Volvo vehicles of yesteryear weren’t exactly known for being stylish, but the current XC60 makes it clear that the brand has learned a thing or two about making a visual statement. The XC60’s sheet metal looks crisp and polished, and its cabin design is fashionable and modern. This Volvo crossover also impresses with its poised handling and extensive selection of standard equipment.
The Volvo XC60 is a compact crossover SUV that’s geared toward luxury-car shoppers, and it seats up to five passengers. Both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive are offered. The XC60 is available as a gas-only model or as a plug-in hybrid.
This Scandinavian SUV comes in three trim levels:
Small crossovers provide good utility, and they’re compact enough to be easily maneuverable in city driving. Elegant and luxurious, the Volvo XC60 is one of this segment’s most attractive choices.
What’s New in the 2019 Volvo XC60?
For the 2019 model year, the XC60 ushers in the following changes:
- In base models, simulated leather replaces real leather as standard upholstery.
- Momentum models with all-wheel drive now come with heated seats as standard equipment.
- Drive-mode settings are now standard on all models.
- Power child locks and a rear 12-volt outlet are now standard on base models.
- R-Design and Inscription models expand their range of standard features, bringing in amenities such as blind-spot monitoring.
- Premium, Multimedia, and Advanced packages replace last year’s Convenience, Vision and Climate packages.
What Does the 2019 Volvo XC60 Compete With?
The XC60’s pool of rivals includes these small luxury crossovers:
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class
- Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Infiniti QX50
- Audi Q5
- Porsche Macan
- Jaguar F-Pace
- BMW X3
- Acura RDX
- Lexus NX
- BMW X4
- Lincoln MKX
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Eye-catching design and a broad selection of standard equipment help the Volvo XC60 stand apart from the pack.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Volvo XC60
With its refined sheet metal, the Volvo XC60 is arguably one of the best-looking picks in its class. Its square-jawed front fascia is home to upswept headlights and a premium-looking grille. The XC60’s profile shows off a graceful roofline and a muscular hood. Overall, this crossover’s exterior design Is both upscale and athletic.
The XC60’s list of standard exterior features includes:
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Panoramic sunroof with power sunshade
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights
- Hands-free power liftgate
Optional exterior equipment includes larger wheels, fog lights, and heated windshield wiper blades.
Interior Style in the 2019 Volvo XC60
Scandinavian design is known for its modern, pared-down aesthetic, and the styling cues within the XC60’s cabin reflect this look. A portrait-style touchscreen dominates the center stack, and the dash is edged with sleek metallic accents. The interior has the airy look of an expensive downtown loft.
Car shoppers with back or shoulder issues seek out vehicles that have a comfortable driver’s seat, and the XC60 has what it takes to coddle these individuals. The front seats provide soothing support, even on longer journeys.
There’s enough rear-seat legroom to provide a pleasant environment for taller passengers. And for those with young kids, the XC60’s second row is spacious enough to easily accommodate car seats. The placement of the vehicle’s LATCH attachments allows for easy car-seat installation.
The XC60 provides 22.4 cubic feet of room for your stuff with its rear seats in place. This is less cargo capacity than you’ll get with some rivals. However, when the rear seats are lowered, cargo space swells to 63.3 cubic feet. This makes the XC60 one of the roomiest models in its class when it comes to maximum cargo capacity.
A standard cabin filter and dual-zone automatic climate control keep things fresh and agreeable when you’re behind the wheel. All models come with power-adjustable front seats, and base models are equipped with simulated leather upholstery.
Buyers can upgrade the XC60 with a wealth of appealing interior options. The list includes:
- Leather upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Power-adjustable cushion extensions for the front seats
- Rear-seat center armrest with cupholders and storage
- Four-zone automatic climate control
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Volvo XC60?
Volvo has equipped the XC60 with a robust selection of tech features. The standard 9.0-inch touchscreen will be easy to use if you’ve spent time with a tablet, and it offers access to the infotainment system’s logically designed menus. Standard Bluetooth connectivity allows hands-free phone calls, and all models come with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone mirroring that seamlessly integrates your devices.
The XC60 offers a substantial range of tech options. The list includes:
- Integrated navigation system
- Harman-Kardon audio system
- 12.3-inch digital driver display
- Head-up display
- 15-speaker Bowers & Wilkins audio system
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Volvo XC60?
The XC60’s extensive list of standard driver-assist features has what it takes to help you avoid mishaps on the road. All models are equipped with:
- Drowsy-driver monitoring: This technology issues an alert if its sensors detect that you’re driving while distracted or fatigued.
- Forward collision mitigation with detection for pedestrians, large animals, vehicles and cyclists: If there’s something or someone in your path and a collision is imminent, this system will automatically brake the XC60 to prevent impact.
- Lane-keeping assist: This feature assists with steering to keep the vehicle in its correct lane.
Buyers can upgrade the XC60 with the following driver-assist options:
- Blind-spot monitoring: This technology lets you know if there’s a vehicle in your blind spot, and it can prevent you from making dangerous lane changes.
- Rear cross-traffic alert: If you’re reversing the XC60 into a stationary or oncoming object, this amenity will issue a warning.
- Park assist: This feature automatically steers the XC60 when you’re entering or leaving parallel or perpendicular parking spaces.
What Is the 2019 Volvo XC60 Like to Drive?
Three powertrains are offered, and Volvo has named them T5, T6 and T8:
- T5 models are motivated by a turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that provides 250 horsepower.
- With T6 models, a turbocharged and supercharged 316-horsepower four-cylinder engine lives under the hood.
- T8 models are plug-in hybrids that pair the T6’s engine with an electric motor for a net output of 400 horsepower.
All models use an eight-speed automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive is standard, and all-wheel drive is offered for safer, more secure handling when traveling on wet or snowy roads.
The XC60 feels poised and smooth in daily driving, and its sharp reflexes keep the driver connected to the road. The crossover’s crisp, precise steering enhances the driving experience. We imagine most drivers will be more than happy with this crossover’s driving dynamics. But for those who want the sportiest handling, know that other models in this segment are more athletic.
All the engines in the lineup are capable, but we’re especially fond of the optional T6 powertrain for its vigorous acceleration. With this engine running the show, the XC60 is an entertaining companion.
While the amount of road noise that makes its way into the cabin isn’t excessive, the XC60’s interior is not as quiet as some rivals in this segment. This is especially true during freeway driving.
Compared to other small crossovers, the XC60 is a star when it comes to towing capacity. It’s able to pull up to 3,500 pounds.
The T8 plug-in hybrid can travel for up to 17 miles using just electric power. This model’s mileage comes in at 58 MPGe combined city/highway with the electric motor in use and 26 mpg combined with just the gas engine, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Other hybrid crossovers, such as the Lexus NX Hybrid, offer better mileage.
Gas-only models achieve fuel economy of up to 24 mpg combined.
Should I Buy a New Volvo XC60?
The Volvo XC60 commands attention thanks to its chic design, rewarding handling and appealing selection of standard equipment. It’s worth solid consideration if you’re looking for an overall competent small SUV that offers unique style.
Should I Buy a Used Volvo XC60? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
Volvo’s XC60 was redesigned in 2018, and this overhaul introduced the plug-in hybrid to the model line. The redesign added a wide range of new tech features and vastly improved the XC60’s cabin design and exterior styling, so choose a 2018 model if you want to enjoy these benefits.
How Much Does the New Volvo XC60 Cost?
Pricing for the Volvo XC60 starts at $39,800, and the most expensive trim in the range kicks off at $47,150. This crossover has a lower starting price than rivals like the Porsche Macan and Jaguar F-Pace.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Volvo XC60
- Smooth, enjoyable handling
- Gorgeous cabin
- Sleek exterior design
- Tows more than most rivals
- More affordably priced than most rivals
- Offers less cargo space with all seats in place than some rivals
- Some rivals come with quieter cabins
- Not as sporty as some competitors
- Unremarkable mileage from the plug-in hybrid
The first XC60 first arrived on dealer lots back in 2010. The crossover received its first redesign in 2018, and this left the XC60 with new features, enhanced exterior design and a more deluxe cabin.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Volvo XC60
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 2.0L 16V DI I4 Turbocharged
- 250 - 258 hp
- 8-Speed Geartronic Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Wifi Hotspot
- Engine: 2.0L 16V DI I4 Turbocharged
- Transmission: 8-Speed Geartronic Automatic -inc: adaptive shift
- GVWR: 5,445 lbs
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 3.33 Axle Ratio
- 70-Amp/Hr 600CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 180 Amp Alternator
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Steering
- 18.5 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Transverse Leaf Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Electric Parking Brake
- Brake Actuated Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 18" 5-Y-Spoke Silver Alloy
- Tires: 235/60R18 All-Season
- Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Laminated Glass 1st And 2nd Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Black Bodyside Cladding
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power w/Tilt Down Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Chrome Grille
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: High Performance Audio System -inc: Volvo Sensus Connect w/9" touchscreen, WiFi hotspot w/complimentary trial subscription, 220W, 10 speakers including subwoofer, 2 front USB connectors, voice control, SiriusXM radio w/3-month trial subscription and Bluetooth connectivity w/audio streaming
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control and Radio Data System
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Front Comfort Seats -inc: 8-way power driver seat and driver seat memory w/4-way power lumbar
- Back-Up Camera
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- 8-Way Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Sensus Connect Mobile Hotspot Internet Access
- Leather/Aluminum Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Headliner/Pillar Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Aluminum Instrument Panel Insert, Aluminum Door Panel Insert, Aluminum Console Insert and Aluminum Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Aluminum Gear Shift Knob
- Leather Seating Surfaces
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Roll-Up Cargo Cover
- Cargo Features -inc: Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Tracker System
- Instrument Panel Bin, Interior Concealed Storage, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Anti-Whiplash Fixed Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- DSTC/RSC Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Volvo On-Call Emergency Sos
- Rear Parking Sensors
- City Safety
- Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Power Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners