Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Received top-rated EPA fuel-economy ratings for the luxury-wagon segment
- High rider height allows this vehicle to go through many types of terrain
- Scuff plates at the back and cladding along the sides
- Handles like a luxury car
The 2019 Volvo V90 Cross Country is a luxury wagon. Many car manufacturers have turned their attention to SUVs. However, Volvo continues to produce luxury wagons as well, such as SUVs like the XC60 and XC90.
All-wheel drive makes this vehicle useful on many different terrains. You can count on this Volvo to get you through almost any storm. Scruff plates and clacking help ensure that the vehicle does not get scratched if you decide to take it off-roading.
From a mechanical standpoint, the Volvo V90 Cross Country offers a 250-horsepower turbo 2.0-liter four-cylinder in the base model. This is plenty of power to get you through most wet, muddy, or sandy conditions.
Upgrade to the T6 and get a boosted 316-horsepower engine. Adjustments on this four-cylinder engine give you even more power. This option gives you 295 feet of torque, allowing you to easily maneuver.
Whichever choice you make, the 2019 Volvo V90 Cross Country comes equipped with an eight-speed transmission. This allows you to choose the speed that's right for the driving conditions.
When going from 70 to 0 mph, this wagon tested at a respectable 173 feet. It goes from 0 to 60 mph in 5.9 seconds. Therefore, you can easily respond to changing traffic patterns.
What's New About the 2019 Volvo V90 Cross Country?
This is the third model year for the Volvo V90. Volvo has installed several new options, including:
- Standard 12.3-inch digital driver information display
- Heated washer nozzle
- Rearview mirror-mounted compass
- Ability to permanently disable the engine stop/start operation
Are There Optional Packages Available for the Cross Country?
There is a new options package for 2019. This vehicle will now park itself. You can use the 360-degree camera to see completely around the vehicle.
Your speed and other pieces of vital data will display visibly on the windshield. This helps you to be constantly looking at the road ahead.
Does This Volvo Cross Country Have a Premium Audio System?
You can opt for a premium audio system for your Volvo V90 Cross Country. It is a standalone option on the T5 and T6 trim levels. It comes as standard equipment on the top-of-the-line Ocean Race edition that the company introduced this year.
What Vehicles Does the Volvo V90 Cross Country Compete With?
Some would argue that the Volvo V90 Cross Country has very little competition because of its unique blending of off-road ability with center gravity that is more often seen in a luxury car. Closest models to the 2019 Volvo V90 Cross Country are the:
- Mercedes-Benz E450 wagon
- Audi A6 wagon
Volvo V90 Cross Country Exterior Design
This vehicle stands over 5 feet tall. It is almost 3 inches longer than most other cars in its class. The standard package comes with black chaffing, giving it a traditional crossover look. You can opt to upgrade to the T6, which eliminates this black chaffing while still holding on to its usefulness.
Interior Style in the 2019 Volvo V90 Cross Country
Once you sit down in this five-passenger vehicle, you will immediately want to start planning your road trips because the front and rear seats are massive. A sunroof makes those road trips even more enjoyable. The dark wood, metal, and leather interior is extremely pleasing to the eye. Eight-way driver and passenger seats help everyone feel comfortable.
What Technology Comes in the New Volvo V90 Cross Country?
Even at the base level, the 2019 Volvo v90 Cross Country offers outstanding tech features, including:
- Color infotainment display
- Wi-Fi navigation
- Apple CarPlay with Android Auto smartphone integration
- 330-watt 10 speaker audio system
- Two USB ports
- Auxiliary audio input
- Satellite/HD radio
- Garage door opener
Are Different Trim Levels Available in the Volvo V90 Cross Country?
There are three trim levels for the Volvo V90 Cross Country for 2019. The base level is the T5, and it has a less powerful motor. The next trim level up is the T6, while the top trim level is the Volvo V90 Cross Country Ocean Race.
Will My Family Be Safe in the New Volvo V90 Cross Country?
The new 2019 Volvo V90 Cross Country comes standard with the following active safety systems:
- Electronic-stability control
- Anti-roll stability control
- Volvo on-call SOS
- Rear parking and blind spot sensors
- Lane keeping assist and lane departure warning
- Park assist backup camera
- Airbags, including driver’s knee airbags
What's the New Volvo V90 Cross Country Like to Drive?
While some say that the brake pedal is a little mushy, most people love driving the Volvo V90 Cross Country. When compared to a luxurious car, it is still a little noisy, but when compared to an SUV, it's extremely quiet. The high driver’s seat, all-wheel-drive (AWD), and respectable torque make this car easy to maneuver anywhere.
Should I consider the Cross Country if I'm Thinking About Buying an SUV?
One of the primary groups to fall in love with the V90 Cross Country are SUV buyers who are willing to consider a luxury wagon. These buyers will love the luxurious features found inside while retaining the SUV’s usefulness when heading out for a country drive.
Is the Cross Over a Luxury Wagon?
Yes, those looking specifically looking for a wagon love the V90 Cross Over. It is hard to beat this model’s price point in the standard package, as many companies want to tack on extras that will make the vehicle cost more when driven off the showroom floor.
Should I Buy a Used Cross Country?
This is the third model year for the Cross County that the company officially introduced at the Paris Auto Show in 2016. Compared to 2017 and 2018, Volvo designers have upgraded the technology in this vehicle tremendously, allowing drivers to use the infotainment system better. Past performance of the Volvo V90 Cross Country infotainment was glitchy and the system often crashed.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Volvo V90 Cross Country
- Luxurious interior allows everyone to ride in comfort
- Good ground coverage
- Stylish looking body with plenty of power and torque for easy off-roading
- Brake pedal feels mushy
- Cargo space could be better organized
- Infotainment system can be difficult to operate
This is the third model year of the Volvo V90 Cross Country, and it is a vehicle that continues to please those looking for a luxury wagon as well as those crossing over from an SUV. Since the company introduced this vehicle, many have written a top review of it, and there is nothing to change that in the 2019 model year.
The car was originally introduced in 2016 at the Paris Auto Show. The company builds this vehicle on its vehicle SPA platform, which is the same one used in the XC90. The company has been using this platform since 2014.
While there is not any safety data available for this model yet, other vehicles that the company has built on this platform have received the highest marks possible. There is no reason to believe this will change, as Volvo continues to put its customers' safety above other concerns.
This year, the Volvo V90 Cross Country introduced the special Ocean Race. The company named it after Volvo’s sponsorship of a sailing race occurring every four years. This vehicle features orange trim in the front and rear, along with orange highlights on the dashboard and wheel and orange stitching on the seatbelts.
This is a top contender in the luxury wagon category. Its ability to go off-roading allows drivers to count on it almost anywhere. An excellent Volvo V90 Cross Over warranty assures that you won't spend much on service.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Volvo V90 Cross Country
- Body Style
- 2.0L 16V I4 Supercharged Turbo
- 316 - 330 hp
- 8-Speed Geartronic Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Assist
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L 16V I4 Supercharged Turbo -inc: start/stop
- Transmission: 8-Speed Geartronic Automatic -inc: adaptive shift
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 3.33 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 80-Amp/Hr 800CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Regenerative 210 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 15.9 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Transverse Leaf Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 19" Alloy
- Tires: 235/50VR19 AS
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Laminated Glass 1st And 2nd Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Metal-Look Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Metal-Look Bumper Insert
- Black Bodyside Moldings, Rocker Panel Extensions and Black Wheel Well Trim
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power w/Tilt Down Heated Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Wiper Park
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Composite/Galvanized Steel Panels
- Chrome Grille
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front And Rear Fog Lamps
- Cornering Lights
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Laminated Glass
- Radio: harman/kardon Premium Audio System -inc: 9" integrated Sensus Connect touchscreen, SiriusXM radio w/complimentary audio trial, smartphone integration (Apple CarPlay / Android Auto) and Bluetooth connectivity w/audio streaming
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation and Radio Data System
- harman/kardon Speakers
- Automatic Equalizer
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Digital Signal Processor
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: 10-way power front seats 2-way power lumbar and driver seat memory
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- 8-Way Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Heated Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Front Cigar Lighter(s)
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Proximity Cargo Access
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Distance Pacing w/Traffic Stop-Go
- Voice Activated Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Leather Seating Surfaces
- Interior Trim -inc: Genuine Wood Instrument Panel Insert, Genuine Wood Door Panel Insert, Genuine Wood Console Insert and Aluminum Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Roll-Up Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- Sensus Navigation
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Tracker System
- Instrument Panel Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Anti-Whiplash Fixed Front Head Restraints and Power w/Tilt Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest w/Storage and Rear Center Armrest w/Pass-Thru w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- DSTC/RSC Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Volvo On-Call Emergency Sos
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- BLIS w/Steer Assist Blind Spot Sensor
- City Safety
- Lane Keeping Aid/Run-off Road Mitigation Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Keeping Aid/Run-off Road Mitigation Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Power Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Park Assist Back-Up Camera