Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Higher ground clearance for off-road driving
- Standard all-wheel drive
- Sleek and durable exterior design
- Intuitive technology
- State-of-the-art safety features
The Cross Country is Volvo's off-road variant of the V60 luxury wagon. It bundles several features together to make the V60 a vehicle ready for the test of an outdoor adventure.
Volvo increased the vehicle's clearance, and all-wheel drive is standard. The sleek exterior doesn't look like a typical station wagon but provides more cargo and passenger space than a sedan.
The latest edition of the V60 Cross Country comes with three different powertrains designed to make performance enthusiasts happy. Volvo's recent reboot of their lineup of cars refreshed the V60's exterior and base frame, not to mention adding cutting-edge technology. The V60 Cross Country has less cargo space as a result of Volvo's focus on off-road performance.
What's New for the V60 Cross Country in 2019?
2019 is the year the next generation of Volvo's V60 arrived in America. The 2019 edition, however, adds a smaller range of improvements over the 2018 model. These include a power-adjustable passenger seat, heated front seats, and heating for the steering wheel.
Performance and Fuel Efficiency
Volvo's new V60 comes with two powerful engine options in the U.S. market: The standard T5 and the T6 and T8 upgrades. The T5 is a turbocharged gas engine that cranks out 250 horsepower. That power allows the V60 to reach 60 mph in 6.8 seconds.
The optional T6 is a larger engine that comes in two configurations. The super-charged T6 yields 316 horsepower while the T8 is Volvo's new plug-in hybrid engine. With either of these two power plants, the V60 drives like a sports car.
Volvo keeps these performance powertrains fuel efficient despite the acceleration that they make possible. The EPA rated the V60 at 24 mpg on surface streets and 36 mpg on the highway. In Europe, a plug-in hybrid and two diesel engine options improve on those numbers.
Volvo updated the exterior of their lineup in 2018, and the V60 is a good-looking luxury wagon as a result. The sporting body lines and front end belie that it's actually a station wagon. Instead, Volvo gave the V60 Cross Country a swept-back shape that looks similar to small crossover SUVs.
Volvo gives buyers a conservative palette of exterior colors that consists mainly of silvers, grays, and browns. The brightest colors available are Bursting Blue Metallic and Fusion Red Metallic. Volvo had off-road driving in mind when they built the V60, using a rugged paint coating and paneling design.
Volvo aimed for a luxury sedan experience with the V60, and they hit the mark. You can add leather seating to the standard package as well as power front seats, heated steering wheel, and laminated windows. Whether you opt for leather or not, the material is high-quality, and Volvo designed the seats for comfort.
The overall design of the interior gives both drivers and passengers an elegant experience paired with off-road performance.
Volvo went to great lengths to include cutting-edge connectivity and safety technology in the latest models. The cabin prominently features a 9-inch touchscreen for their Sensus infotainment system. A 15-speaker audio system delivers quality sound for music and radio.
Sensus comes with the connectivity features we've come to expect, supporting Bluetooth, Apple and Android mobile apps, and satellite radio. You can add navigation and upgrade to a premium 14-speaker Harmon Kardon sound system. One caveat is that the touchscreen is a bit sluggish.
Volvo has integrated several powerful driver assist and safety technologies into the V60. The carmaker bundled these smart techs into their City Safety, Run-off Road Protection, and Pilot Assist packages. The combination of all three provides safer and more confident driving.
City Safety is Volvo's collision avoidance tech package. Camera and radar sensors watch for imminent collisions with pedestrians, cyclists, other vehicles, and large animals. When a danger is detected, collision warnings alert the driver, and auto emergency braking will engage to avoid an accident.
Run-off Road Protection works to reduce the possibility of accidentally leaving the road due to fatigue or poor visibility. Sensors detect the road's edges and alerts the driver when the vehicle drifts onto the shoulder. Automatic steering and braking can be set to engage when the driver doesn't respond to prevent an accident.
Pilot Assist is another powerful tech package that Volvo offers. It combines lane-keeping technology with adaptive cruise control. With these technologies, the V60 can respond to stop-and-go traffic and correct the driver's steering when it drifts out of its lane.
What's It Like to Drive the Volvo V60?
Volvo delivers a premium driving experience and luxury interior design for a smooth driving vehicle with few frustrations.
The Cross Country comes with better clearance and enhanced handling. Its suspension and all-wheel transmission make driving on paved roads effortless, and off-road handling is superb. The electronic transmission and stability controls take the stress out of rough terrain.
What Other Trims Are Available for the Volvo V60?
Volvo has marketed the Cross Country V60 trim to U.S. car buyers for several years, but Volvo offers three other trims: The Momentum, R-Design, and Inscription. These trims aren't focused on off-road driving like the Cross Country.
What Are the Features of the V60 Momentum?
The Momentum is the base model of the V60 with a starting price of $38,900. Numerous upgrade packages let you customize it to the luxury wagon you're looking for. You can switch to the more powerful T6 engine or upgrade the upholstery, for example.
What Are the Features of the V60 R-Design?
The R-Design starts at $43,900 or $48,400, depending on the engine you choose. Many of the upgrades available for the Momentum are standard on the R-Design, such as the Premium Multimedia packages. It also comes with sports bucket, leather upholstered seats.
What Sets the V60 Inscription Apart from the Other Trims?
The Inscription trim is the full-featured edition of this luxury wagon. Starting at $49,400, the super-charged T6 is its standard engine. Volvo pulls out the stops on luxury features with standard heated seats, wood inlays, and several leather options. You can add heated rear seats and steering wheel, power massage for the driver and active suspension packages.
Does Volvo Offer a Hybrid Engine Option for the V60 Cross Country?
Volvo rolled out two different plug-in hybrid engine options in Europe, but they aren't available in North America as of 2019. The T6 Twin Engine AWD provides 250 horsepower, and the T8 Twin Engine AWD yields 299 horsepower. Both couple with an all-wheel-drive transmission that will provide better handling for the Volvo V60 Cross Country.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country
- Semi-automatic driving with optional Pilot Assist
- Enhanced handling for off-road and country driving
- Two powerful, turbo-charged engine options
- One of the best driving experiences available
- High-quality interior design
- The Sensus touchscreen can be frustrating to use
- The V60 doesn't handle as well as its competitors
- Cargo space on the low end for a wagon
- Safety features prone to false alarms
The V60 is a recent model in Volvo's lineup that's a cross between a wagon and luxury sedan. First released in 2012 in Sweden, Volvo has marketed several trim variants to European countries like the U.K. and Netherlands. Introduced to North America in 2015, Volvo sells the Cross Country trim to outdoor enthusiasts in the United States and Canada.
The first generation of the V60 reached its end in 2018. Based on Volvo's SPA Platform, the new edition of the V60 has common features with the S60, S90, V90, and XC60. Volvo released the Volvo V60 Cross in July 2018, and this model is expected to be available in the U.S. in 2019.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country
- Body Style
- 2.0L 16V I4 Turbocharged
- 250 - 258 hp
- 8-Speed Geartronic Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Assist
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L 16V I4 Turbocharged -inc: start/stop
- Transmission: 8-Speed Geartronic Automatic -inc: adaptive shift
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 3.20 Axle Ratio
- 70-Amp/Hr 760CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 210 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Touring Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Steering
- 14.5 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Polished Tailpipe Finisher
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Transverse Leaf Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Brake Actuated Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 18" Black Diamond Cut Alloy
- Tires: P215/55R18 Pirelli AS
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st And 2nd Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Rocker Panel Extensions and Black Wheel Well Trim
- Black Side Windows Trim, Black Front Windshield Trim and Black Rear Window Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power w/Tilt Down Heated Auto Dimming Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper, Heated Jet and Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Chrome Grille
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: High Performance Audio -inc: smartphone integration (Apple CarPlay / Android Auto), 9" integrated Sensus Connect touchscreen, Sensus Navigation, SiriusXM radio w/complimentary audio trial subscription, 2 front USB ports, 220-watt amp,10 speakers, Bluetooth connectivity w/audio streaming and voice control
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Voice Activation and Radio Data System
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: 10-way power front seats, 2-way power lumbar and driver seat memory
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- 8-Way Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Headliner/Pillar Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Leather Upholstery
- Interior Trim -inc: Aluminum Instrument Panel Insert, Aluminum Door Panel Insert, Aluminum Console Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Roll-Up Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Integrated Navigation System w/Voice Activation
- Tracker System
- Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Driver And Passenger Heated-Cushion, Driver And Passenger Heated-Seatback
- Anti-Whiplash Fixed Front Head Restraints and Power Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Pass-Thru w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- DSTC Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- BLIS w/Steer Assist Blind Spot Sensor
- City Safety
- Lane Keeping Aid/Run-off Road Mitigation Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Keeping Aid/Run-off Road Mitigation Lane Departure Warning
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Power Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera