Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- 4Motion all-wheel drive
- Increased ground clearance
- 1.8-liter TSI turbocharged engine
- Ventilated disc brakes for smoother stops
- More ground clearance
- Standard driver assist features
With a little bit of rugged utility and a whole lot of Volkswagen legacy, the new Volkswagen Golf Alltrack is perfect for adventurous families. It offers off-road upgrades, more cargo space, plus the Golf features drivers love. The car is a step up from the automaker's SportWagen in terms of versatility, according to test drive reviews.
The Alltrack wagon delivers a quick, precise handling experience. Designers accomplished this by installing a turbocharged engine and manual transmission paddle shifters.
Its 4Motion all-wheel transmission enables sure-footed traction in any weather or road conditions. Loaded with tech and driver-assist features, the Golf Alltrack S, SE, and SEL compare well to similar vehicles.
With the backing of the VW six-year, 72,000-mile warranty on parts and service, you know you can trust this vehicle's rugged durability. For most people, including professional test drivers and certified dealers, the Volkswagen name equals dependability. The new Alltrack is no exception.
A VW Built to Perform on or off the Road
This 2019 Volkswagen Golf boasts off-road performance features as standard equipment. One of these is the 4Motion all-wheel drive. It adjusts automatically to meet varied road conditions.
4Motion maintains an uninterrupted flow of power, traction, and directional stability no matter where you drive. It switches power and torque between the front and rear axles as needed. All you have to do is focus on handling; the 4Motion does the rest quite well.
The 2019 Golf wagon's Hill Descent Control is an additional feature that comes in handy when you drive mountain passes. It helps you maintain a constant speed when you descend by actively assisting with braking.
In addition to the traction and braking features, VW has increased the ground clearance on its Alltrack model vehicles. This helps you drive rough dirt roads and rocky terrain well without getting high-centered. This is the kind of premium feature you would expect from a full-sized SUV.
Both the six-speed manual and automatic transmission deliver a sporty driving experience in a wagon format. The manual tranny comes with paddle shifters, mounted on the steering wheel. A quick up or down shift is always at your fingertips.
Overall fuel economy for this manual Volkswagen Golf is about 24 mpg. This Golf gets 21 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway.
Inside the New Alltrack
This 2019 Volkswagen has a range of impressive interior features. You'll feel like you're driving a more expensive model.
The vehicle not only looks good, but it is also loaded with options. For example, the sleek cabin features faux leather seats and luxe silver trim.
The cabin seats five comfortably. The rear seats fold down to maximize cargo space in back. This expands the 30 cubic-foot storage area to 66.6 cubic feet.
Storage is considerably roomier than the 23/53 cubic feet of cargo area offered in a standard Golf. As far as tech features, the Volkswagen Golf 2019 S edition comes standard with a 6.5-inch touch display. You'll also find Android Audio/Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth capability, and a USB port.
Available upgrades on the S, SE, and SEL models include:
- 8-inch touch screen
- Upgraded sound system
- Auto-dim headlights
- Navigation system
- Power driver seat controls
- Self-parking feature
- Rearview driver assist
- Automatic high-beam headlights
Safety-wise, you will find the Golf Alltrack provides plenty of benefits. The anti-lock brakes allow the tires to keep rotating so that you can steer in icy conditions. There's also stability technology that addresses over-acceleration to prevent loss of control.
The optional adaptive cruise control helps you maintain a safe distance from other drivers. In traffic, the pedestrian detection and rear-traffic alert systems work together to minimize accident risk.
Similar to 2018 Alltrack models, the 2019 model year features overhead airbags. Front and side airbags will provide additional cushioning. The 2018 and 2019 Golf Alltrack models received top safety scores in the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety tests.
Who is the Target Market for the Volkswagen Golf?
The Golf appeals to families looking for good value in an affordable vehicle with premium features. Volkswagen is also setting its sights on a younger demographic that appreciates value with a luxury car vibe.
Contemporary tech offerings, off-road ruggedness, and body features like the optional 18-inch Y-spoke alloy wheels are all part of Volkswagen's bid for a younger market share.
What Are the Available Trim Levels for the Golf Alltrack?
The Alltrack all-wheel car comes in S, SE, and SEL trims. Each trim includes a variety of features to suit consumer needs. Dealer pricing starts at around $27,000 and tops out at about $35,000. These price points position this model favorably in a class of compact vehicles with fewer premium features.
The color palette for these vehicles includes:
- Grey metallic
- Silk blue
- Night blue
- Green metallic
- Tornado red
Interior colors are:
How Does the Automatic Volkswagen Golf Alltrack Do on Fuel Economy?
This Volkswagen Golf Alltrack model averages 27 mpg on the road. More specifically, it can deliver approximately 25 mpg in the city and 31 on the highway. This meets the current national average for passenger cars in the 2019 model year.
Who Buys this Volkswagen Model?
Volkswagen designed the Golf Alltrack to satisfy families that like to go on long-distance road trips. Since this is a sportswagen after all, it attracts buyers who like to travel in large groups. Reviewers have noted that the new Volkswagen Golf Alltrack has an mpg that allows for some rather cost-effective trips across the country.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
- 72,000-mile parts and service warranty
- Off-road suite of features
- Responsive acceleration
- Excellent tech features
- Roomy rear cargo space
- Significant price increase over the 2019 Golf SportWagen
- Scores lower in safety trials compared to a few others in its class
- Fuel economy somewhat lower than similar vehicles
Volkswagen conceived the Golf as an affordable replacement for its ubiquitous Beetle in 1974. It did not have the same unmistakable profile, but it shared the Beetle's reliability as a commuter vehicle.
The Volkswagen Golf also differed in that it was initially a front-wheel drive vehicle with an engine in the front. At the time, Beetles had an engine in the back that powered the rear wheels.
Volkswagen built most of the initial Golf cars in the three-door hatchback style. Since then, the automaker has designed Golf five-door hatchbacks, convertibles, and station wagons. The car has become Volkswagen's best-selling model of all time.
The German automaker opened a manufacturing plant in Pennsylvania in 1978. This established the very first stateside facility for making foreign vehicles. It then manufactured its American version of the Golf, called the Golf Rabbit only in the U.S., until 1983.
At that point, the automaker reverted to the Golf branding and introduced the Golf GTI. It was the first of the "hot hatches" that would become a trend with automakers in the 1980s.
In 2017, VW debuted its Alltrack, an all-wheel drive vehicle meant to compete with other popular compact all-wheel drive models. Along with the SportWagen, the 2017, 2018, and 2019 Volkswagen Golf Alltracks have developed a loyal following. The vehicles are popular with American families that appreciate good handling and versatility.
This rugged Golf Alltrack all-wheel wagon offers lots of space to stow luggage for family adventures. There's also an impressive suite of off-road features so you can take it further afield. As an affordable car with a distinctive sporty punch, the 2019 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack is one of those vehicles that checks every box.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
- Body Style
- 1.8L TSI DOHC 16V 4-Cylinder Turbocharged
- 168 hp
- 6-Speed Manual
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 1.8L TSI DOHC 16V 4-Cylinder Turbocharged -inc: direct fuel injection
- Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 3.94 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 60-Amp/Hr 480CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 140 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Off-Road Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 14.5 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control and Hill Hold Control
- Security System Pre-Wiring
- Brake Actuated Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 17" 10-Spoke Silver Alloy
- Tires: 17" All-Season
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Metal-Look Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Metal-Look Bumper Insert
- Metal-Look Bodyside Insert, Black Bodyside Cladding and Black Wheel Well Trim
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Metal-Look Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Black Grille w/Chrome Accents
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Cornering Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Composition Color w/6.5" Touchscreen -inc: AM/FM radio w/USB input, 6-speaker sound system, Bluetooth connectivity w/audio streaming for compatible devices and VW Car-Net App-Connect smartphone integration and interface w/Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Streaming Audio
- Integrated Roof Diversity Antenna
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Heated Front Comfort Seats -inc: 8-way partial-power driver seat w/power recline, manual lumbar support, seat travel and height adjustment and 8-way partial-power front passenger seat w/power recline and manual lumbar support
- 6-Way Driver Seat
- 6-Way Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Leather/Piano Black Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather Gear Shift Knob
- Perforated V-Tex Leatherette Seating Surfaces
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Roll-Up Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Manual Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Pass-Thru w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Immobilizer III Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Blind Spot Monitor Blind Spot Sensor
- FCW w/Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Side Curtain Protection Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera