Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Artistic styling
- World-class handling
- Piano-paint finishes
This 2019 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible is easy to drive in the city. The invention of the Beetle was based on the idea that Volkswagen could make city vehicles for everyone. The Beetle became a car for ordinary people of any type to access.
The new convertible has the same steering design type as the classic vehicles. This design type makes VW vehicles very easy to drive. Beetles submit to where you want them to go, unlike many cars on the road today that have mushy steering and are hard to drive on side roads and highways.
The 2019 VW convertible Beetle was designed to drive on the Autobahn, a famous German highway. Because of this, the handling is easy to control even at top speeds. Yet, the Beetle cars are still very fun to drive around town.
They are small enough to access tight spaces. The dune buggy looks of the Volkswagen Beetle Convertible make it the ideal beach cruiser.
Features of the New Volkswagen Beetle Convertible
VW has cut back on the trim package options of this final generation of Volkswagen Beetle model. The only updates are paint options, new wheels, and a Final Edition model for collectors. The updates of the 2019 model are listed below:
- Blind-spot monitors and rear cross-traffic alerts now come standard
- Paint-matched side-mirror housings in SE and SEL trims
- Black heated washer nozzles in SE and SEL trims
- LED taillights and DRL (Daytime Running Lights) in SEL trim
- Keyless ignition and 17-inch wheels now standard on S trim
- Manual transmission, other special editions, and GTI options discontinued
The Beetle offers good fuel economy, but it still packs a punch when you hit the gas pedal because of its large 2.0T engine. This 2.0-liter turbocharged engine is mated to an automatic transmission with 6 speeds. The manual transmission is no longer available.
The Beetle gets 26 miles per gallon fuel economy in the city and 33 mpg highway. This makes driving the Volkswagen Beetle Convertible cheap, and it is good for the planet as fuel prices rise. You can fill up the fuel tank for about $33.
The Beetle keeps its value with service and support over six years or 72,000 miles. This type of service and support is hard to find in a German vehicle. The factory warranty support means that all service bills are paid by VW.
The warranty assures that the dealer will stand by your side when you buy this car. All you have to do is live life as a happy driver of the vehicle. You will only have to pay for oil changes and other minor work.
Available trims include:
Cars the Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Competes With
The 2019 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible competes with the following cars:
Exterior Design of the Volkswagen Beetle Convertible
The exterior design of the 2019 Beetle has the same color choices as its 2018 models. You can even view the Stonewash Blue carried over from the Denim edition. Car manufacturers all submit special-edition trim designs when a vehicle ends.
There are a lot of wheel options that will jazz up the exterior. If you like larger wheels, alloy wheels, or special wheel designs, you have a lot to choose from with VW. Your tires and wheels are one of the most important parts of your auto.
Interior Design of the Volkswagen Beetle Convertible
The Beetle Convertible interior lacks the luxury of some automobiles. However, it does have rear seats that can be folded flat for better access. The Final Edition SEL does have real leather seats, and you will find economy faux leather trim in the SE Final Edition.
What Technology Comes with the Volkswagen Beetle Convertible?
The 2019 Volkswagen Beetle comes with all the latest audio entertainment upgrades, and it also comes with a lot of comfortable interior options. You have all the new features that you will find in other German cars. The standard features include:
- Heated front seats
- Keyless-entry keypad
- Power mirrors
- Power windows
- Power brakes
Higher trim levels and optional equipment choices include:
- Premium audio system
- 6.3-inch touchscreen navigation
- Ambient interior lighting
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Leather interior
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Safety Features of the Volkswagen Beetle Convertible
VW always produces cars with top auto safety ratings from the IIHS, and the new 2019 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible is no different. The 2019 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible equipment includes:
- Tire-pressure monitoring system
- Automatic braking system to save lives in accidents
- Rear-view camera to back up safely
- Rear alert system that warns of cars crossing behind
- Engine brake assist that uses the engine to slow the car down
- ABS (Anti-lock Brake System) for better braking in bad weather
- Anti-slip regulation that helps you find grip in bad weather
- High-strength steel alloy wheels
- Front and rear parking sensors to park automatically
- Front wheel drive
Higher trim levels and optional safety features include:
- Parking distance control
- LED rear and daytime running lights
What’s the Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Like to Drive?
The stronger 200-horsepower 2.0T GTI edition is no longer available at this time. You can ask the dealer to search for a 2018 GTI model if that is what you're looking for. Nevertheless, the 174-horsepower engine in the 2019 convertible still offers a driver lots of power.
Should I Buy a New Volkswagen Beetle Convertible?
This is your last chance to buy into the Final Edition of the new Beetle lineup. The Final Edition model is a part of history because the retro styling of the new Beetle comes to an end this year. If you want to experience a new Beetle with a classic look, this is your final opportunity.
Should I Buy a Used Volkswagen Beetle Convertible?
You can search for a used VW Beetle instead of the latest 2019 editions. However, the Final Edition VW Beetle SEL trim package is a collector car marking the end of a generation.
Many people search for GTI models because they offer more powerful engines. A 2018 or 2017 Volkswagen Convertible Beetle can be just as much fun.
Cost of the Volkswagen Beetle Convertible
The 2019 VW Beetle Convertible base-S trim package starts off at just $25,995. This price does not include upgraded tires, upgraded seat options, taxes, etc.
The SE Final Edition bumps up the auto price to $27,295 and, oddly, climbs $1,100 for the standard SE. The Final Edition SEL comes in at just $29,995. Now is the time to buy a gasoline model Volkswagen Beetle Convertible before electric takes over and adds to the cost.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible
- Famous steering design
- Artistic styling
- Piano-paint finish
- Bright color choices
- Excellent six-year/72,000-mile warranty
- Small interior spaces
- Fewer powertrain options
- Old engineering/end of generation
- Pricey interior seat upgrades
The new Volkswagen Beetle arrived in 1997 after the sudden end of the classic black Beetle in 1979. Wilhelm Karmann bought a classic black Beetle in 1948 and changed it into a cabriolet. Karmann showed VW the design that he created and eventually went on to produce cabriolet models from 1949 to 1980.
When the Beetle Convertible was brought back to life in 1997, the design was closer to the Golf. The classic Beetle Convertible featured a rear engine that gave it a smoother ride, but it was not as safe in bad weather. Yet, many fans of the classic Beetle Convertible would like to see a rear engine again in the future.
The first VW Beetle was based off a Porsche design. Today, Volkswagen is the parent company of Porsche and many other performance cars. The VW Touareg and the Porsche Cayenne SUVs shared the same basic design and engine when first created, which shows how VW stands out among other German automakers.
The Beetle Convertible may come back again in the future as an all-electric vehicle. It is being replaced by an electric model in the 2020 VW lineup.
The Final Edition Beetle can only be bought as a convertible. If you want to celebrate the end of a great generation of cars, the VW Beetle Convertible is the vehicle for you.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible
- Body Style
- 2.0L TSI 174 HP DOHC 16V Turbo 4-Cylinder
- 174 hp
- 6-Speed Automatic w/Tiptronic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L TSI 174 HP DOHC 16V Turbo 4-Cylinder -inc: direct injection
- Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic w/Tiptronic -inc: sport mode
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 3.23 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 60-Amp/Hr 330CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 140 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 14.5 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 16" 10-Spoke Alloy
- Tires: 16" AS
- Wheels w/Silver Accents
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Chrome Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Body-Colored Bodyside Moldings and Chrome Bodyside Insert
- Chrome Side Windows Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Power Convertible Top w/Lining, Glass Rear Window and Automatic Roll-Over Protection
- Lip Spoiler
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Aero-Composite Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps
- Radio: AM/FM 5" Touchscreen w/CD Player -inc: Composition Color, USB input, aux-in, 8-speaker sound system and Bluetooth connectivity
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls, Radio Data System and External Memory Control
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Heated Front Comfort Seats -inc: 8-way manual front seats w/height adjustment, manual lumbar support and 2nd row easy access
- Bucket Front Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- 6-Way Driver Seat
- 6-Way Passenger Seat
- 50-50 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Cruise Control
- Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Body-Colored Instrument Panel Insert, Piano Black Console Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- V-Tex Leatherette Seating Surfaces
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors
- Full Floor Console w/Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Rigid Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- kaeferfach Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Dashboard Storage, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Immobilizer III Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Blind Spot Monitor Blind Spot Sensor
- and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera