Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Plenty of standard features for the price
- Good control from steering and handling
- An upscale interior design
- Excellent fuel economy
Formerly known as the Yaris iA, Toyota now calls this sedan simply the Yaris. The Toyota Yaris four-door hatchback is now known as the Toyota Yaris Liftback, making it harder to mix the two models up.
Available as the L, LE, and XLE, the Yaris gives you three different trim options for this vehicle. They're all affordably priced, but the base L trim is so well-stocked with features that you can save money by buying it.
This 2019 Toyota comes complete with a 1.5-L 4-cylinder engine and the option of choosing between the standard 6-speed manual transmission or the 6-speed automatic. Note that the XLE is the only trim on which the 6-speed automatic comes standard; you cannot get the manual with it.
Overall, the 2019 Toyota Yaris sedan gives you access to a list of services, as you'll see when you search the company's website. It provides comfort for driver and passenger alike and is well thought-out in terms of its redesigned front and rear fascia.
What's New on the Toyota Yaris Sedan?
A lot of little details and a few big ones have changed from the 2018 Toyota Yaris iA models. The most obvious is that the Yaris iA is now just the Toyota Yaris, and it comes only as a sedan. Additionally, the three trim levels are new, and the front and rear fascia have been restyled.
What Does the Toyota Yaris Sedan Compete With?
It seems that everyone wants to compete with Toyota vehicles, and the Yaris is no exception. The Corolla is still a major internal competitor for the Yaris. A few other cars aside from the Corolla compete, including:
In addition to the Corolla, the Toyota Camry is also a strong seller as far as sedans go.
Exterior Design of the Toyota Yaris
The 2019 Toyota Yaris has a body that speaks to its redesign. In past years, the Yaris sedan has looked more standard and less flashy. This year, you will find that the Yaris is a sight to view with its sleek lines.
The Toyota Yaris Sedan list of standard features includes:
- Halogen lights
- Integrated Daytime Running Lights
- Rear combination taillights
- 15-inch wheels
- Chrome-tipped exhaust
- Shark-fin antenna
The 2019 Toyota Yaris has a lightweight body that lends to its aerodynamic nature. It certainly helps with body control and fuel efficiency too.
Interior Style in the Toyota Yaris Sedan
In your search for the Toyota Yaris, you might've come across reviews talking about the old Yaris iA looking a bit dull. You might agree with those reviews. One view of the interior of the new 2019 Toyota Yaris L, LE, or XLE will probably change your mind. For the pricing, you get a lot of sturdy parts, chic details, and plenty of comfort for driver and passenger alike.
Access for the driver and passenger is easy. You can access the vehicle remotely or with a key. Oh, and the view out of the windshield is wide while the slender roof pillars boost safety in terms of rear visibility.
Just check out this list of some of the Yaris' interior features:
- Dust and air filter with the air condition system
- 6-way adjustable driver seat
- Sport front bucket seats
- Tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel
- Remote keyless entry
- Cruise control
- A 12-volt auxiliary power outlet
Upgrading to the LE or XLE can get you even more desirable interior design features.
What Technology Comes in the Toyota Yaris Sedan?
The 2019 Toyota Yaris sedan gives you access to SiriusXM through a 7-inch touchscreen display, Bluetooth wireless compatibility, and integrated navigation.
A back-up camera also comes standard on all models. If integrated navigation and the 6-speaker sound system aren't good enough incentives to buy, then maybe the Aha Radio and Sticher Radio apps are.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the Toyota Yaris Sedan?
As you might imagine, Toyota crams a ton of safety features into the 2019 Toyota Yaris sedan. It is well stocked with features like its:
- Low-speed pre-collision system
- 6 airbags
- Active safety system
- Engine immobilizer
- Tire pressure monitoring system
The low-speed pre-collision system functions when the vehicle is going 18 mph or less. It will not protect against collisions with cars and other vehicles while going at higher speeds.
What is the Toyota Yaris Sedan Like to Drive?
While the car won't win any awards for swift acceleration, it does get a good return on fuel. The 1.5-L 4-cylinder engine generates 106 hp and 103 lb-ft of torque, and the transmission provides smooth shifts. The front end won't nosedive if you need to suddenly brake, and these vehicles stick well to the road since they sit low.
What Are the Benefits of Buying a New Toyota Yaris Sedan?
The 2019 Toyota Yaris is the model year to buy. The 2018 cars are decent enough, but they lack the finesse Toyota gave the exterior. Find a dealer with a 2019 model in their inventory and ask to view the new Yaris sedan.
The basic warranty covers service for 36 months/36,000 miles.
What are the Benefits of Used Toyota Yaris Sedans?
You can save with the 2018 Yaris sedan, and there are plenty listed as certified pre-owned. However, the change Toyota instilled in the 2019 line-up is worth the extra money. The exterior of the 2018 has the older aesthetic, and some might require maintenance sooner than a newer model.
How Much Does the New Toyota Yaris Sedan Cost?
The 2019 line-up has a starting MSRP of $15,600 and a top MSRP of $18,700. You can still get any extra accessories or parts you might need, and parts tend to be pretty transferable on the Yaris sedan. Note that the 2018 cars have a starting MSRP of $15,635.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Toyota Yaris Sedan
- Automatic or manual transmission available
- Little maintenance required
- Plenty of standard features and options
- Vehicle has great fuel efficiency
- Smooth drive performanc
- Acceleration is slow
- Lack of head space for taller drivers
The Toyota Yaris first made its debut in 1999, replacing its predecessors, the Tercel and Starlet. In 1999, the car was released in Japan as the Toyota Vitz. In Europe, it was released as the Yaris, and in Australasia, it was the Echo.
The vehicle was released in North America in 2003 as the Toyota Echo.
The second generation of the Yaris was released in 2005, and by this time, it was being called the Yaris worldwide. The coupe model was discontinued by this point as well, leaving only the hatchback and the sedan.
The third generation of the Yaris was released in 2011 featuring only a hatchback. However, in 2013, a sedan as introduced as well, though it was not available in the U.S.
It was only in 2019 that the Toyota Yaris iA was dropped and the hatchback was renamed the Yaris Liftback. Changes made to the 2019 Toyota make this car feel more complete.
The Liftback will not be in the 2020 Toyota Yaris lineup, at least not in the U.S. market.
The 2019 Toyota Yaris Sedan, however, will be available, and will only feature minor changes from the 2019 model. Production is expected to begin in July of 2019, and the Toyota Yaris Sedan should be released in September.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Toyota Yaris Sedan
- Body Style
- 1.5L DOHC 16-Valve I4 w/VVT-i
- 106 hp
- 6-Speed Manual
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 1.5L DOHC 16-Valve I4 w/VVT-i
- Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 4.11 Axle Ratio
- 75-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 90 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 11.6 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Torsion Beam Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs and Brake Assist
- Wheels: 15" Steel
- Tires: 185/65R15 AS
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Aero-Composite Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps
- Radio: Touchscreen Display Audio
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation and External Memory Control
- 6 Speakers
- Streaming Audio
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Sport Front Bucket Seats -inc: 6-way adjustable driver's seat and 4-way adjustable passenger's seat
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Leatherette Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Console Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Cloth Door Trim Insert
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Fabric Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Storage and 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- Instrument Panel Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Engine Immobilizer
- 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Pre-Collision System (PCS)
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- First Aid Kit
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera