Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Only minivan available with all-wheel drive
- Ample cargo capacity
- Roomy cabin
- Available power rotating lift seat that eases entry and exit for passengers with mobility challenges
Toyota Sienna: Everything You Need to Know
About the Model:
Like all minivans, the 2019 Toyota Sienna offers handy sliding doors and generous passenger capacity and is built to provide capable transportation for active families. But the Sienna separates itself from the pack by being the only choice in this segment that offers all-wheel drive. This minivan also provides refined ride and handling that make commutes more pleasant.
The Toyota Sienna can seat up to eight passengers, depending on configuration ordered. Front-wheel drive is standard, and all-wheel drive is offered as an option for those who need more secure traction in wet or snowy weather.
Eight trim levels are available:
- SE Premium
- XLE Premium
- Limited Premium
Minivans provide parents and their kids with transportation that’s spacious and comfortable. Universally competent and built to tackle rough weather, the Toyota Sienna is a top pick in this class.
What’s New in the 2019 Toyota Sienna?
For the 2019 model year, the Sienna adds:
- Apple CarPlay smartphone integration as standard equipment
- All models now come with Amazon Alexa compatibility, which allows you to control your home’s Alexa-connected devices when you’re behind the wheel
- All-wheel drive now available on SE trim level
- SE Premium gets rear parking sensors and upgraded infotainment system
- LE Premium includes blind-spot monitor and rear cross-traffic alert
What Does the 2019 Toyota Sienna Compete With?
The Sienna’s rivals in the minivan segment include:
The 2019 Toyota Sienna is the only pick in this class to offer all-wheel drive, and this gives it an edge in a competitive segment.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Toyota Sienna
Many aspects of the Sienna’s exterior design focus on practicality and convenience. The standard dual sliding side doors provide a wide entryway for easy access, and the tall windows and large windshield offer excellent visibility.
The last complete redesign of the Sienna was for the 2011 model year. At this point, the styling is somewhat dated, and some buyers might consider the exterior design to be a bit bland compared to other minivans.
The Sienna’s list of standard exterior features includes:
- Power-adjustable exterior mirrors
- Automatic halogen headlights
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Rear privacy glass
The Sienna is available with exterior options that include:
- Black roof rails
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Xenon headlights
- Larger wheels and tires
Interior Style in the 2019 Toyota Sienna
The interior of the 2019 Sienna is anchored by a sculpted dash with sleek metallic accents, which creates a visually pleasing environment. The large windows give the interior an open, spacious look. However, the overall appearance of the cabin is less premium than that of some rivals.
The front row offers comfortable seating, and a standard tilt-and-telescoping steering column is on hand to help the driver find an amenable position behind the wheel. Second-row captain’s chairs are standard, which facilitate seven-passenger seating. With an optional second-row bench seat, passenger capacity jumps to eight.
Front passengers and those in the second row enjoy lots of headroom and legroom. And the third row is spacious enough to provide pleasant accommodations for adults.
Both the second- and third-row seats come standard with LATCH attachments for car-seat installation. Getting these seats in place is simple, since the seats are roomy and the attachments are easy to access.
Many minivan shoppers value cargo capacity, and the Sienna delivers nicely in this area. It provides 39.1 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row and 87.1 cubic feet behind the second. With the second and third rows lowered, the Sienna provides a whopping 150 cubic feet of room for your stuff.
Sienna minivans come standard with three-zone automatic climate control that’s designed to maintain comfortable temperatures all throughout the cabin. All models are equipped with standard cloth upholstery.
Lots of appealing interior options are available. The list includes:
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Leather upholstery
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated power-adjustable front seats
- Auto Access Seat, which rotates out of the minivan and can be raised or lowered to allow easy access for mobility-challenged passengers
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Toyota Sienna?
Toyota has equipped the Sienna with a modern assortment of tech features. The standard infotainment system is easy to use, and it can be accessed via a seven-inch touchscreen. All models come with Bluetooth connectivity that facilitates hands-free phone calls. Also, Amazon Alexa compatibility and Apple CarPlay smartphone integration are provided as standard equipment.
The Sienna offers a broad range of tech options. The lineup includes:
- Satellite radio
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- Ten-speaker JBL audio system
- Rear-seat entertainment system with 16.4-inch display screen and two wireless headphones
- Integrated navigation system
Unlike most competitors, Android Auto smartphone integration isn’t available In the Sienna.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Toyota Sienna?
Modern car buyers look for vehicles with driver-assist features, since these amenities can help prevent accidents. The Sienna comes standard with an expansive range of these technologies, including:
- Adaptive cruise control: With this feature, you can automatically maintain a set distance between the Sienna and the vehicle immediately ahead of it on the freeway.
- Lane-departure warning system with steering assist: This system lets you know if the Sienna wanders out of its lane. Steering assist helps the driver guide the vehicle back into its lane.
- Forward collision warning system with pedestrian detection: This technology can detect pedestrians or objects in your path, and it alerts you if its sensors determine that a collision is likely. This system will automatically deploy the Sienna’s brakes to prevent a collision.
- Automatic high beams: On dark streets, this technology automatically turns on the Sienna’s high beams if necessary. It switches from high beams to low beams if there’s an oncoming vehicle.
Sienna buyers can choose from the following safety options:
- Blind-spot monitor: This feature helps you make safe lane changes by letting you know if there’s a vehicle in your blind spot.
- Rear cross-traffic alert: If there’s an object in your path while you’re reversing the Sienna, this technology will issue a warning.
- Front and rear parking assist: This technology uses sonar to detect nearby objects and alert you as you enter a parking space to help avoid a collision.
What Is the 2019 Toyota Sienna Like to Drive?
All Sienna minivans are equipped with a 3.5-liter V6 that provides a substantial 296 horsepower and 263 pound-feet of torque. This powertrain is governed by an eight-speed automatic transmission. Both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive are offered.
Minivan buyers expect smooth handling, and the Sienna doesn’t disappoint in this area. It remains composed on rough road surfaces, keeping harshness out of the cabin. The V6 provides robust acceleration, and it’s able to get this large vehicle moving in a hurry during high-speed freeway maneuvers. And the Sienna also boasts respectable towing capacity, up to 3,500 pounds.
This Toyota minivan offers competitive fuel economy. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), it achieves gas mileage of up to 19/27 mpg city/highway.
Should I Buy a New Toyota Sienna?
The 2019 Toyota Sienna is competent all across the board, making it a good choice for families or anyone who needs to transport people and cargo in a comfortable environment. And it’s the only minivan offering all-wheel drive, which makes it a compelling option for those who live in regions that get lots of rain or snow.
Should I Buy a Used Toyota Sienna? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
Toyota’s Sienna debuted back in 1998, so shoppers in search of a used model have lots of choices. A blind-spot monitor and rear cross-traffic alert were added to its list of available amenities in 2013. Choose a 2013 or newer model if you want access to these features.
How Much Does the New Toyota Sienna Cost?
Pricing for the Toyota Sienna starts at $32,410, including destination charge. This makes the Toyota minivan one of the most expensive choices in its class.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Toyota Sienna
- Available all-wheel drive
- Ample cargo capacity
- Broad selection of standard driver-assist features
- Available with Auto Access Seat for passengers with mobility challenges
- Comfortable handling
- Android Auto smartphone integration isn’t offered
- Costs more than most rivals
- Cabin isn’t as upscale as that of some rivals
- Somewhat bland styling
Toyota introduced the Sienna to U.S. car buyers back in 1998 as a replacement for the Previa minivan. It was built in Georgetown, Kentucky, on an extended Camry platform with a 194-horsepower V6 engine and featured front-wheel drive, modular seats, standard antilock brakes, and a tire-pressure warning system. The next few years added more standard and optional features.
The second-generation Sienna debuted in 2004. Built in Indiana, it came with a more powerful engine, an improved five-speed automatic transmission, and a new chassis with more refined ride characteristics. A longer wheelbase made for increased interior space, and a 60/40 split third-row bench seat could now be folded flat to offer more cargo-carrying options.
The Sienna’s current generation appeared in 2011. This version featured improved suspension and steering, considerably more standard and optional features, and a large number of safety technology upgrades. Initially, buyers had the choice of four-cylinder or V6 engines. The Sienna received changes in 2013 that dropped the four-cylinder powerplant and brought in a number of modern driver-assist features, like a blind-spot warning system.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Toyota Sienna
- Body Style
- Passenger Van
- 3.5L DOHC V6 SMPI
- 296 hp
- Electronic 8-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Lane Departure Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.5L DOHC V6 SMPI
- Transmission: Electronic 8-Speed Automatic
- Axle Ratio: 3.003
- GVWR: 5,995 lbs
- Transmission w/Sequential Shift Control
- Front-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 1380# Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 20 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Torsion Beam Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs and Brake Assist
- Wheels: 17" 5-Spoke Alloy
- Tires: P235/60R17 AS
- Wheels w/Silver Accents
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Stored Underbody w/Crankdown
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Black Door Handles
- Black Power Side Mirrors w/Convex Spotter and Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Wiper Park
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Black Grille
- Sliding Rear Doors
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Halogen Auto High-Beam Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Radio: Entune 3.0 Audio w/App Suite -inc: 6 speakers, 7-inch touchscreen, AM/FM, Scout GPS Link compatibility, Siri Eyes Free, auxiliary port, USB 2.0 port w/iPod connectivity and control, hands-free phone capability and advanced voice recognition and music streaming via Bluetooth
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Window Grid And Roof Mount Diversity Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: 6-way manual driver and 4-way manual passenger seats
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- Removable Bucket Folding Captain Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold-Up Cushion Rear Seat w/Manual Fore/Aft
- Driver And Front Passenger Armrests and Rear Seat Mounted Armrest
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer and Trip Odometer
- Power Rear Windows and Manual Vented 3rd Row Windows
- Fixed 60-40 Split-Bench 3rd Row Seat Front, Manual Recline, Manual Fold Into Floor, 3 Manual and Adjustable Head Restraints
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Distance Pacing
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Headliner/Pillar Ducts
- Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Colored Instrument Panel Insert, Colored Door Panel Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Vinyl Door Trim Insert
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Fabric Seat Material
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Mini Overhead Console w/Storage, Conversation Mirror and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Covered Dashboard Storage, Interior Concealed Storage, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Toyota Safety Sense P (TSS-P)
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA) Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA) Lane Departure Warning
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st, 2nd And 3rd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag and Passenger Cushion Front Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera