Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Both gas-only and hybrid versions are available
- Impressive fuel economy
- Generous range of standard driver-assist features
- Excellent reliability
Toyota Camry: Everything You Need to Know
About the Toyota Camry:
Like all family sedans, the Toyota Camry is expected to keep passengers comfortable and safe on all types of journeys, and Camry has the goods to fulfil this task. Its smooth handling keeps bumps and jolts at bay, and it comes standard with the driver-assist features needed to foster safe travels. The Camry also impresses with its strong fuel economy.
The Toyota Camry is a midsize sedan that provides seating for five passengers. It comes standard with a gas-only powertrain, and a fuel-efficient hybrid model is also available. Front-wheel drive is standard on all Camry sedans.
With the gas-only Camry, five trim levels are offered:
If you’re interested in the Camry Hybrid, you can choose from three trims:
Midsize sedans are the vehicles of choice for many modern families. In a sea of outstanding candidates, the Toyota Camry distinguishes itself as one of the best picks.
What’s New in the 2019 Toyota Camry?
For 2019, the Camry adds Apple CarPlay smartphone integration as standard equipment on all models. Also, all Camry sedans now come with Amazon Alexa compatibility. This feature allows you to manage your home’s Alexa-connected devices from behind the wheel.
Additionally, an optional Nightshade Special Edition package joins the Camry’s lineup for the 2019 model year. This package adds sporty design cues, and it’s offered solely on the SE trim level.
The Nightshade Special Edition package includes the following features:
- Black shark-fin antenna
- Black 19-inch wheels with black lug nuts
- Black window molding
- Black exterior door handles
- Black exterior Toyota emblems
- Black mirror caps
What Does the 2019 Toyota Camry Compete With?
The Camry competes with a long list of midsize sedans, including these models:
- Kia Optima
- Honda Accord
- Hyundai Sonata
- Ford Fusion
- Nissan Altima
- Buick Regal
- Chevrolet Malibu
- Volkswagen Passat
- Subaru Legacy
Toyota’s Camry is a smooth operator in urban and suburban driving, and it comes with a host of desirable features. These qualities make it an excellent pick in a competitive class.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Toyota Camry
Bold design cues give the Camry a confident appearance. In front, a swooping, V-shaped grille sits above an intricately sculpted bumper. A high beltline and a rounded, coupe-like roof add flair to the Camry’s profile.
With base models, the list of standard exterior features includes:
- Automatic bi-LED combination headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Power-adjustable exterior mirrors
- LED combination taillights
You can upgrade your Camry with options such as heated exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals, a power sunroof and larger wheels.
Interior Style in the 2019 Toyota Camry
The Camry’s cabin design is just as assertive as that of its exterior. The dashboard features curving lines and nicely textured components, and the center stack’s asymmetric lines give it a modish, striking look. Lots of high-quality materials are on display, and they help give the cabin a premium appearance.
In the front row, the seats are wide enough to make even larger passengers feel at home. Rear-seat legroom is generous for tall passengers. All of the Camry’s seats provide comfort, whether you’re on a long road trip or a quick drive to the grocery store.
The second row comes standard with LATCH attachments. The Camry’s rear seats are roomy enough to make car-seat installation hassle-free.
In back, the Camry’s trunk provides up to 15.1 cubic feet of cargo space. While we imagine this will be acceptable for most shoppers, it’s worth noting that some rivals offer a lot more room for your belongings. For example, the Ford Fusion offers up to 16 cubic feet of cargo capacity.
Standard air conditioning helps the Camry keep passengers cool in hot months, and all models are equipped with a tilt-and-telescoping steering column so the driver can sit comfortably behind the wheel. Base models come with handsome wood interior accents and soft-touch paneling on the upper part of the doors.
The Camry’s list of interior options includes:
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Leather upholstery
- Simulated leather (SofTex) upholstery
- Heated power-adjustable front seats
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Split-folding rear seat with center armrest
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Toyota Camry?
With its broad range of modern tech features, the Camry has what it takes to keep passengers connected and entertained. The infotainment system is easy to navigate, and its features can be accessed via a standard 7.0-inch touchscreen.
All models come with Apple CarPlay smartphone integration, as well as Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free phone calls. The Camry’s list of standard features also includes a Wi-Fi hotspot that connects up to five devices.
The Camry’s selection of optional tech features includes:
- Wireless device charging
- 10.0-inch color head-up display
- Nine-speaker JBL stereo
- Integrated navigation system
- Satellite radio
- 8.0-inch touchscreen
Unfortunately, the Toyota Camry isn’t available with Android Auto smartphone integration.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Toyota Camry?
Driver-assist features can help prevent accidents during daily commutes, and the Camry provides a long list of these amenities as standard equipment. All Camry sedans are equipped with:
- Adaptive cruise control: During freeway driving, this feature allows you to maintain a set distance behind the vehicle that’s immediately in front of your car.
- Lane-departure warning system with steering assist: If the Camry strays beyond its lane, this feature issues a warning. Also, it helps steer the car back into the correct lane.
- Forward collision warning system with pedestrian detection: This technology can tell if pedestrians are in the Camry’s path, and it warns the driver if a collision is imminent. If the driver doesn’t react to its warning, it will automatically deploy the Camry’s brakes.
- Automatic high beams: This feature automatically activates the Camry’s high beams on dark roadways. It automatically switches to low-beam headlights if there’s approaching traffic.
Camry buyers have access to the following optional driver-assist features as well:
- Blind-spot monitor: If there’s a car in your blind spot as you’re attempting to make a lane change, this technology will issue a warning.
- Rear cross-traffic alert: Rear cross-traffic alert lets you know if there’s an object in your path while you’re reversing.
- Rear cross-traffic braking: If it detects that you’re about to collide with an object while reversing the Camry, this technology automatically deploys the brakes.
What Is the 2019 Toyota Camry Like to Drive?
The Toyota Camry gives buyers a choice of three engines:
The standard powerplant is a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine. With SE, XLE, LE and L trim levels, this engine generates 203 horsepower. The engine is tuned to deliver 206 horsepower with the Camry XSE. It’s teamed with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
An optional V6 is offered, and it’s available on XLE and XSE trims. It provides 301 horsepower, and it’s paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
With the Camry Hybrid, a four-cylinder engine is matched with an electric motor for a net output of 208 horsepower. This powertrain is mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
The Camry has an easygoing disposition, and it gets you from A to B without placing any burdens on the driver. Its suspension is tuned to keep the journey smooth even when the road gets rough. We’d recommend stepping up to the available V6, which provides eager acceleration for merging into freeway traffic.
An optional Drive Mode feature is available. This feature allows the driver to customize the car’s performance in ways that can make it sportier or more fuel-efficient.
The Camry Hybrid achieves stellar fuel economy. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), this model’s gas mileage tops out at 51/53 mpg city/highway. You’ll also enjoy impressive mileage with the gas-only Camry. This model achieves fuel economy of up to 29/41 mpg.
Should I Buy a New Toyota Camry?
If you’re looking for competent family transportation, the Camry’s spacious cabin, comfortable handling and generous range of standard features should check all the right boxes. The Camry also offers excellent fuel economy, especially via its hybrid model.
Should I Buy a Used Toyota Camry? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The Camry has a track record for providing dependable performance, and this makes it an appealing pick for used-car shoppers. The 2012 model got upgrades that dramatically improved the quality of the cabin, so choose a 2012 or newer model if the look of the interior is important to you. Also, the Camry added driver-assist features such as adaptive cruise control and forward collision mitigation in 2015. Select a 2015 or newer model if you want a Camry that offers these amenities.
How Much Does the New Toyota Camry Cost?
The base-model Camry L starts at $23,945. This pricing is competitive, especially when you consider that the Camry comes with a long list of standard features.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Toyota Camry
- Superb fuel economy
- Smooth handling
- Generous selection of standard driver-assist features
- Spacious cabin
- Android Auto isn’t available
- Less trunk capacity than some rivals
The Toyota Camry was introduced to U.S. car buyers back in 1983. It got significant upgrades in 2018 , 2015, and 2012. The 2012 overhaul represented a big step up for the Camry, bringing in cabin upgrades and improved handling. The Camry Hybrid debuted with the 2007 model.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Toyota Camry
- Body Style
- 2.5L I-4 DOHC 16-Valve
- 203 hp
- 8-Speed Direct Shift ECT-i Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Seats
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.5L I-4 DOHC 16-Valve -inc: VVT-iE intake and VVT-i exhaust
- Transmission: 8-Speed Direct Shift ECT-i Automatic -inc: sequential shift mode
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Sequential Shift Control
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 2.80 Axle Ratio
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- 16 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 8.0J x 18" Black Alloy
- Tires: P235/45R18 AS
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Black Door Handles
- Black Power Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Colored Grille
- Black Rear Spoiler
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- LED Brakelights
- Black Rear Badges
- Black Mirror Caps
- Black Window Molding
- Radio: Entune 3.0 Audio w/App Suite -inc: 6 speakers, 7" touchscreen, AM/FM, Scout GPS Link compatible w/up to 3-year trial, Siri Eyes Free, Apple CarPlay compatibility, Android Auto compatibility, Amazon Alexa compatibility, SiriusXM All Access 3-month trial, auxiliary port, USB media port, hands-free phone capability, advanced voice recognition and music streaming via Bluetooth wireless technology and Entune 3.0 Toyota Connected Services including Safety Connect w/3-year trial and Wi-Fi Connect Powered by Verizon w/up to 2GB within 6-month trial
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control and Steering Wheel Controls
- Black Shark-Fin Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Bucket Front Seats w/Leatherette Back Material and Power 2-Way Driver Lumbar
- 10-Way Power Driver Seat -inc: Power Recline, Height Adjustment, Fore/Aft Movement, Cushion Tilt and Power 2-Way Lumbar Support
- 6-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline, Height Adjustment and Fore/Aft Movement
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Distance Pacing
- Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Simulated Wood/Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look Console Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Fabric Seat Trim w/SofTex
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Fixed Rear Head Restraints
- 1 Seatback Storage Pocket
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- Engine Immobilizer
- Perimeter Alarm
- 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Toyota Safety Sense P
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA) w/Steering Assist Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA) w/Steering Assist Lane Departure Warning
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag and Rear Side-Impact Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera