Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Standard all-wheel drive
- 152 horsepower, 2.0-liter engine
- Continuously variable or five-speed manual transmission
- Optional active safety features
Subaru Impreza: Everything You Need to Know
About the Subaru Impreza:
The Subaru Impreza is a compact economy car available as a sedan or hatchback. The Impreza is the only economy car that includes all-wheel drive as standard equipment. This makes the Impreza a great choice where winter weather is a concern.
The Impreza costs the same as other economy cars. But advanced active safety systems are available in the Impreza, further enhancing the car’s value. If you’re shopping for an economy car, the Subaru Impreza should be on your list.
What’s New in the Current 2019 Subaru Impreza?
Subaru included its Eyesight advanced active safety features in more models this year.
The Eyesight package is now optional on any Impreza equipped with the CVT, and it’s standard on Limited trim models. Eyesight is not available when the Impreza uses a five-speed manual transmission.
Eyesight features include:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Pre-collision braking
- Lane departure warning and lane keeping assist
- Sway warning to keep drivers alert
What Does the 2019 Subaru Impreza Compete With?
The Subaru Impreza is a compact economy car. This is one of the most popular segments of the auto industry. The leaders in the group include:
The Impreza costs about the same as these other cars. However, it is the only model to offer standard all-wheel-drive. This makes the Impreza a good choice. Anyone looking for a reliable car at a good price will like the Impreza.
The Impreza has two styles: sedan and hatchback. There are four trim levels: Base, Premium, Sport, and Limited. Premium includes the CVT, heated front seats, heated side mirrors, and optional Sirius satellite radio. Sport offers a performance-inspired look. Limited is luxury-oriented.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Subaru Impreza
The Impreza looks like other economy cars. Both the sedan and hatchback are good-looking models. An Impreza won’t stand out on the road or in the parking lot, but buyers like its simple style.
Sport models include:
- Rear trunk spoiler (sedan only)
- Gloss black hatch trim (hatchback only)
- 18-inch wheels
- LED daytime running lights
- Turn signal side mirrors
Impreza Limited includes:
- LED headlights
- 17-inch wheels
- Power moonroof
Interior Style in the 2019 Subaru Impreza
The Impreza’s cabin is not fancy or expensive, but it doesn’t feel cheap. It seats four adults in comfort, or five in a pinch. All Imprezas come with these features:
- Power windows
- Power mirrors and door locks
- Adjustable steering wheel
- Security system
- LATCH system
Buyers who want luxury should consider the Impreza Limited which includes:
- Heated leather front seats
- Six-way power driver’s seat
- Automatic climate control
- Keyless push-button start
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Subaru Impreza?
The 2019 Impreza has a good tech package. Some economy cars have a cheap audio system, but every Impreza gets a 6.5-inch touchscreen. It supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay through a USB port. That means basic navigation and music streaming are available in every Impreza. Hands-free phone calling is supported on all Impreza trims.
Premium buyers get the same 6.5-inch touchscreen system, but add a CD player, more apps, and Sirius satellite radio. The Impreza Sport has an 8.0-inch touchscreen system with voice control and hands-free texting. Limited adds GPS and traffic updates.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Subaru Impreza?
The 2019 Impreza earned a top five-star safety rating from the NHTSA. The Impreza also earned Top Safety Pick Plus from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
All Imprezas have a good list of standard safety equipment, including:
- Stability control
- Anti-lock brakes
- Daytime running lights
- Tire pressure monitor
- Rear vision camera
- LATCH system for child safety seats
Subaru’s Eyesight system is optional on all Imprezas with a CVT, and it is standard with Limited trim. This system provides adaptive cruise control, forward collision braking, lane keeping assistance, and sway warnings. Blind spot monitoring with lane changing assist is optional on all trims as well
What is the 2019 Subaru Impreza like to drive?
The 2019 Impreza is a comfortable and enjoyable economy car. It’s not fast, but it’s not underpowered either. The continuously variable transmission works like any other automatic, and does a good job of managing the horsepower.
If you want a little more performance, choose the five-speed manual. The Sport model includes sport suspension tuning. It makes the best handling Impreza. If you want more, Subaru offers the high-performance BRZ, WRX, and STI sports cars.
The Impreza really shines when the weather turns nasty. In heavy rain or light snow, the Impreza’s all-wheel-drive gets you home safely. With a good set of winter tires, there’s no weather the Impreza can’t beat.
Should I Buy a Current 2019 Subaru Impreza?
The 2019 Impreza is a great choice. It’s a good value because it includes all-wheel drive.
The base trim Impreza is a good starting place for first-time buyers. But if you can afford to upgrade, all higher trim levels offer more features. This is especially true of the luxury-oriented Limited and the performance-oriented Sport.
Should I buy a Used 2019 Subaru Impreza? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
Buying a pre-owned Impreza is a great way to save money. The current generation cars arrived in 2016, so the earliest models are now finishing Subaru’s three-year, 36,000-mile warranty. But the powertrain is covered for five years or 50,000 miles, so any current Impreza is still covered for expensive repairs.
Older Imprezas can still be a good buy. But be sure to have the car checked by a professional mechanic. Alternately, Subaru dealers have a Certified Pre-Owned program. CPO Imprezas have been carefully inspected before resale. Subaru extends the powertrain warranty on CPO cars to seven years or 100,000 miles.
How Much Does the New 2019 Subaru Impreza Cost?
The base 2019 Subaru Impreza sedan costs $18,595. The hatchback version is $19,095. In every trim, the hatchback costs $500 more than the sedan. This price includes the five-speed manual transmission. It costs $1,000 more for the CVT. The Eyesight safety system is $845.
The Premium trim sedan is $21,595 and includes the CVT. The Sport trim sedan is $22,195, and the Limited is $25,190. With leather seats and Eyesight safety system included, that’s a good deal on a very nice car.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Subaru Impreza
- Standard full-time all-wheel-drive
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Great fuel economy (28 mpg city, 38 mpg highway)
- Good repair record
- Less engine power than other options
- Manual transmission standard in base trims
The History of Subaru Impreza: 26 Years of Impreza
The Subaru Impreza was introduced in 1993 as an economy car. It quickly became popular for its good value and all-wheel-drive. In just a few years, all-wheel-drive became Subaru’s biggest selling point. The Impreza has a loyal following, especially where winters are harsh.
The Impreza has been updated five times in the last 26 years. The most recent update came in the 2016 model year. These changes brought the Impreza back to its roots as an affordable compact car equipped with a thrifty engine and all-wheel-drive.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Subaru Impreza
- Body Style
- 2.0L DOHC DAVCS VVT
- 152 hp
- 5-Speed Manual
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L DOHC DAVCS VVT -inc: Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 4.11 Axle Ratio
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 13.2 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Double Wishbone Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 16" Steel w/Full Covers
- Tires: 205/55R16 89V AS
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Black Power Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Auto Off Aero-Composite Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps
- Radio: Subaru STARLINK 6.5" Multimedia System -inc: AM/FM stereo, multi touch gesture high resolution 6.5 LCD display screen, Bluetooth audio streaming connectivity, Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity, iPod control capability, rear-vision camera display, smartphone integration, AHA, Android Auto, CarPlay, Pandora, 4 speakers, 3.5mm auxiliary input jack, USB port and roof mounted antenna
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: driver's seat height adjustable, front passenger's seatback pocket, height and tilt adjustable front seat head restraints and whiplash reducing
- 6-Way Driver Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Cargo Access and Mechanical Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Simulated Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel Insert, Simulated Carbon Fiber Door Panel Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Tricot Cloth Headliner
- Cloth Door Trim Insert
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Upholstery
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front Map Lights
- Delay Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim, Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim and Carpet Mat
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Instrument Panel Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Vehicle Dynamics Control Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners