Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Large cargo space at reasonable pricing
- Plenty of payload to handle all of your needs
- In-cabin versatility
- Easy loading and unloading capabilities
The Ram ProMaster City Wagon is a practical addition to any small business’s fleet of vehicles. It includes best-in-class cargo volume, and it comes in either a passenger wagon or a cargo van version.
The design includes an emphasis on fuel economy and space while maintaining an attractive exterior. Additional features like the integrated cargo tie-downs and back-up cameras make the City Wagon desirable as it appeals to a wide range of people in search of a fuel-efficient van.
How Many Trim Levels Does the City Wagon Feature?
The 2019 Chrysler Ram ProMaster comes in four trim levels. This includes the Tradesman trim level, the Base trim level, the Tradesmen SLT, and the Base SLT. All levels provide a combined mpg of 24 from a nine-speed automatic transmission with overdrive.
What to Expect From Each Trim Level
The Tradesman Cargo Van has the lowest price. A small step up to the ProMaster base trim level provides one with all of the same features of the Tradesman trim package. The main difference is in the seating; the Basic trim can seat five whereas the tradesman only offers seating for two.
The ProMaster Tradesman SLT, as well as the basic SLT trim levels, have a slightly higher price. In return, customers will find minor adjustments to safety and entertainment features.
Engine and Performance
The new Chrysler ProMaster City is an efficient cargo van that comes with a 2.4 liter Tigershark MultiAir 2 Engine. When combined with the front wheel drive configuration, you have a vehicle that is road ready when it comes to the needs of a small business.
You can expect to get 28 mpg fuel economy when cruising along the highway. It has a driving range of 448 miles. When you combine this with the ample cargo space, you have a van that allows you to haul more and to go farther than comparable vehicles.
The Tigershark engine found in the 2019 ProMaster City Wagon is Ram’s largest and most powerful four-cylinder gas engine. It includes several components that are specifically designed to enhance the van’s performance and efficiency.
A Class-Exclusive nine-speed automatic transmission comes equipped with Ram’s Electronic Range Select. This electromechanical gear selection system gives you complete control over the transmission. Lower engine speeds, provided by the wide ratio spread, mean enhanced efficiency when driving in the higher gears.
Rear wheel drive systems require extra parts such as a rear differential. The front wheel drive configuration of the new Ram ProMaster has fewer parts to deal with. This can mean lower maintenance costs for the owner in search of a budget-friendly vehicle.
How Much Cargo Room Does the ProMaster City Wagon Have?
The new ProMaster provides you with 131.7 cubic feet of cargo space. The Tradesman trim levels have earned Best in Class cargo capacity honors because of this.
The floor length measures 87.2 inches. You will find 48.4 inches of space between the wheel wells. Side panels that are nearly vertical make the cargo space feel even roomier.
How Much Payload Does the City Wagon Offer?
You will find plenty of payload for hauling in the 2019 ProMaster City. With 150 pounds of roof load weight and 1,883 pounds of payload, you can load up just about anything you might need. In-cabin versatility further enhances your hauling capabilities.
The interior of the van adapts to any situation. The 60/40 split configuration along with a Fold-and-Tumble rear seat provides you with nine individual seating and cargo-carrying formations. You can reconfigure the space to suit whatever your current needs may be, whether you are hauling equipment or driving other people from one location to another.
All of this cargo space doesn’t mean much if it isn’t easy to load and unload. A low step-in height of 23.3 inches at the rear and an even lower height of 21.5 inches on the side door makes it easy to handle your cargo. Dual side sliding doors further add to the convenience of loading and unloading without being in the way of surrounding cars.
What Can I Expect from the Exterior Features on a City Wagon?
The Chrysler Ram ProMaster City exterior offers unexpected style in a utilitarian vehicle. The sleek lines and aerodynamic shape make this van rival sportier Dodge Jeep vehicles. Regardless of whether you use it to haul passengers or equipment, you won’t trade style for function.
There are eight exterior colors you can choose from:
- Bright white
- Black metallic
- Bright red
- Broom yellow
- Silver metallic
- Blue night metallic
- Deep red metallic
- Quartz grey metallic
The 2019 Ram ProMaster City 60/40 split rear doors allow access to the cargo space while parked at the city curb, in a parking lot, or on a job site. The rear doors open and lock at 90 degrees, but you can also open them to 180 degrees with the release button. The passenger side has the narrower of the two doors to keep you from blocking the curb or sidewalks when making deliveries.
High-mounted halogen headlamps are functional and beautiful on the Ram ProMaster City. These aero-surfaced headlamps brightly light up the view so that you feel safe when driving at night. Fog lamps are available on the SLT trim level for use in bad weather conditions.
The tires and wheels also provide you with service and a stylish look. The 16-inch wheels, fitted with extra-load, rolling-resistance, all-season tires, come standard on the vehicle. This allows the City Wagon to easily handle heavier loads when driving on city streets.
The ProMaster City features The ParkView rear back-up camera. When you shift into reverse, it automatically activates. A full picture of the view behind the wagon appears on the touchscreen to help you when backing into city parking spaces.
Is the Interior of the Ram ProMaster Comfortable?
From safety features to connectivity, the Ram ProMaster’s interior space includes many comfort features. The seven airbags keep the driver and passengers safe. Additional items like cupholders and armrests further enhance your ride. The driver’s and passenger’s bucket seats offer the same comfort you would expect from any passenger vehicle.
Is There an Infotainment System?
Standard equipment on the ProMaster City includes Ram’s Uconnect infotainment system. A five-inch touchscreen is the center piece of the system that includes Bluetooth. Ram offers all of these features in the Ram ProMaster City Wagon at a reasonable MSRP of $26,045, which dealers can make even more attractive with incentives.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Ram ProMaster City Wagon
- Includes a higher payload rating than many similar vehicles
- Cargo area is large and versatile
- Engine with a respectable amount of power and efficiency
- Has a substantial body roll when going around corners
- Transmission’s shifting appears to be somewhat clunky at times
Fiat’s commercial vehicle portfolio was influential in the development of Ram’s truck brand. This led to the debut of the ProMaster City Wagon in 2015. Based on the details of the Fiat Doblo, it filled a need for a smaller economy cargo hauler.
The design was ideal for small businesses and well-suited for urban use. The 2015 model year saw the premiere of the ProMaster City as part of a mid-year refresh. Options included a passenger-oriented version of the wagon as well as a cargo van with plenty of storage space within the interior.
The Ram ProMaster City Wagon saw only a few minor changes from the 2016 to 2018 model year. Since then, Ram has decided to stick with a good thing and keep the model basically the same. This is the latest version of the Ram ProMaster City Wagon today.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Ram ProMaster City Wagon
- Body Style
- 2.4L I4 MultiAir
- 178 hp
- 9-Speed 948TE Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.4L I4 MultiAir
- Transmission: 9-Speed 948TE Automatic
- 3.73 Axle Ratio
- Suspension w/HD Stabilization
- GVWR: 5,395 lbs (2,447 kgs)
- 50 State Emissions
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Sequential Shift Control
- Front-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- Block Heater
- 95-Amp/Hr 700CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 160 Amp Alternator
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- 1760# Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Hydraulic Power-Assist Steering
- 16.1 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Brake Actuated Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 16" x 6.5" Silver Steel
- Tires: 215/55R16XL BSW AS
- Fixed Rear Cargo Door Window
- Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Clearcoat Paint
- Black Front Bumper
- Black Rear Bumper
- Black Bodyside Moldings
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Black Door Handles
- Black Manual Remote Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Black Grille
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Sliding Rear Doors
- Split Swing-Out Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Aero-Composite Halogen Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Uconnect 3 w/5" Display
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control and Aux Audio Input Jack
- 4 Speakers
- Streaming Audio
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- Integrated Voice Command w/Bluetooth
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- 4-Way Driver Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Tumble Forward Cloth Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Manual Vented Rear Windows
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy and Illuminated Entry
- Manual Air Conditioning
- Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Vinyl Door Trim Insert
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors
- Full Overhead Console w/Storage, Conversation Mirror and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Features -inc: Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- 5.0" Touchscreen Display
- Instrument Panel Bin, Covered Dashboard Storage, Interior Concealed Storage, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Driver And Front Passenger Armrests
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera