Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- 1,920-pound maximum payload capacity
- 10,719-pound maximum towing capability
- High-strength steel frame
- Maximum 395 horsepower
- Multi-link rear-coil suspension system
- Choice of auto or manual transmission
The 2019 Ram 1500 Classic is a tribute to the iconic American pickup truck. The 2019 design is primarily carried over from 2018. The automaker calls its classic model the DS. It calls its new, more modern model for 2019 the DT.
When it comes to buying a Classic, you have a couple of great options in terms of price and options. It comes with a low entry-level price of around $27,000 for the 2019 Ram 1500 Express. The Express trim consists of a single-seater cab with two doors in the iconic Ram body style, 4 x 2-wheel drive, and a standard-sized truck bed.
The Classic Tradesman comes with four doors and a crew cab with front and back seats. A V-6 engine, two-wheel drive, and an automatic transmission come standard. Four-wheel drive and a manual transmission are optional with all trims. The MSRP for this 2019 Ram 1500 trim level is just over $30,000.
The new 2019 Ram Bighorn model has more power and luxury features. Its V-8, 5.7-liter HEMI engine provides premium power. Such features as a 10-way adjustable power driver's seat reflect a higher MSRP of just over $40,000.
The 1500 Classic crew cab 2019 Ram 1500 Warlock sports a stealth-mode blacked-out exterior trim. It features the larger engine, like the Bighorn model. Dual exhaust pipes and Ram's head tail light designs complete the tough Warlock body profile.
Ram 1500 Exterior
With regular, crew cab, or quad seating options and three bed lengths, the classic 1500 Ram models offer you the choices you need in a working rig. Both 2018 and 2019 year models deliver big payload and hefty towing capacity. The 2019 Ram is synonymous with dependability and value.
Popular exterior options available in the 2018 and 2019 Ram 1500 Classic vehicles include:
- Spray-on bed liner
- Chrome Plus Package
- Aluminum wheel designs
- Black Accent Package
- RamBox Cargo Management System
- Power-release tailgate
- Tubular side steps
1500 Classic Interior
The interior of the new Ram 1500 offers luxury details that may surprise you in a car at this price level. Plenty of secure storage nooks help you keep your tools, media, change, and keys organized.
The sleek dashboard command center consolidates all your controls such as power locks, radio, and theft alarm alerts. UConnect and a high-def display upgrade are available options.
Design details, including the upholstery and cabin lighting, are upscale. Smaller trim details in the new 2019 Ram add up to a luxurious driving experience.
The list of interior features includes:
- Uconnect 4C NAV with 8-inch touchscreen
- Wi-Fi hot spot
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- HD Radio
- Sirius XM Guardian capabilities
- HD display with 7-inch color monitor
Five interior trim aesthetics are available to choose from. The Laramie trim package features hand-stitched Bristol leather seats with perforated inserts. The Big Horn/Lone Star has carbide cloth seats in canyon brown or diesel gray.
Warlock seats are diesel gray carbide cloth. The Express and tradesman trim levels both give you the choice between alloy cloth or vinyl in diesel gray, a clear contrast to the electric blue and orange paint jobs that the Express trim package offers for the exterior. Additional exterior features differ by trim level.
Ram 1500 Classic Safety Review
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gives the 2019 Ram 1500 Classic top ratings, with six out of six boxes checked for crashworthiness. IIHS also rates the 2019 Ram "superior" in the front crash protection category.
Standard safety features for the 2019 Classic include:
- Six airbags, including side curtains
- Reinforced door beams
- High-strength steel framework
- Electronic stability control system
- Tire pressure alert
- Four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes
The automaker included latch systems for car seats in crew and king cab options. The airbag is designed to shut off when passengers are below a specific weight limit to help protect young passengers.
The Classic Market
According to the Ram parent company, Fiat Chrysler, engineers designed the Classic Dodge 2019 model year pickups to appeal to the light-duty truck consumer at the entry level for whom a passenger car won't do. Keeping both the Classic and the all-new 2019 Ram pickup in the current inventory targets the full spectrum of auto buyers visiting dealers worldwide.
Rams and Fuel Efficiency
Fiat Chrysler has introduced a new EcoDiesel Ram 1500 that ranks best in its class for fuel efficiency. It gets 27 mpg on the highway and can travel more than 700 miles on a tank of fuel. Standard 2019 Ram models with six-cylinder, 3.6-liter engines average about 25 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg in the city.
How Does the Dodge Ram Warranty Compare to Other Pickups in Its Class?
The 2019 Ram 1500 Classic offers a five-year, 60,000-mile warranty on parts and service. This also includes five years of the company's roadside assistance service and a limited five-year rust-through warranty. EcoDiesel 1500 models have similar protection on parts and service, except the warranty is good for 100,000 miles.
The Dodge Advantage
The coverage and duration of the 1500 Classic warranty are pretty typical of what most major automakers offer. However, many 1500 Classic buyers trust that the reliability of the brand makes its warranty more valuable than others.
What Is the Difference Between a Regular, Quad, and Crew Cab?
When you search for the Dodge Chrysler 1500, 2500, and 3500 models, you will note that some have regular cabs while others have either quad cabs or crew cabs. A regular-cab vehicle, like the new 2019 Express, has two doors and front seating only. The total interior space is 62.5 cubic feet.
What Space Does Each Cab Offer?
A quad cab 1500 pickup has four doors, two rows of seats and 116.6 cubic feet of interior space. The crew cab models also have four doors and a double row of seats. However, the crew cab of the Ram 1500 Classic is roomier, with 125.3 cubic feet of interior area.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Ram 1500 Classic
- Iconic pickup style and features
- Affordable base price
- Smooth ride
- Trustworthy brand
- Built in the United States
- Lacks the latest high-tech features
- Options can add up quickly
- Does not come with the new driver assist features
- Fewer trim options than in 2018
Chrysler has been making the fourth and current generation of its 1500 trucks since 2009. Featuring updates to the suspension, power, and storage systems, the fourth-generation Ram 1500 also debuted a new cab option with four doors.
Motor Trend named vehicles in this series of the Ram 1500 Trucks of the Year in both 2013 and 2014. Although the automaker is currently phasing out its Classic Ram in favor of new models, the 1500 will always enjoy an important spot in the history of Ram trucks.
Built in the U.S. at a long-time auto plant in the city of Warren, Mich., a Detroit suburb, the Ram Classic appeals to those aligned with the stateside manufacturing movement. With the Warren Truck Assembly Plant dating to 1938, traditional pickup fans will appreciate the American auto industry history behind these vehicles too.
Problems appeared with the advertised cleanliness of the EcoDiesel engines in early 2019, when the car failed to meet many state-level emissions standards as promised. A federal judge approved a settlement for owners of these vehicles of up to $3,000 in early May of 2019. The money was only given to those who agreed to come in and have their emissions equipment updated; no buybacks were offered or asked for.
The automaker plans to move production of its 2500 Ram pickup to its assembly plant in the U.S. city of Warren by 2020. This will put the heavy-duty vehicle under the same American production team as the Ram 1500 Classic.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Ram 1500 Classic
- Body Style
- Regular Cab
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT
- 305 - 395 hp
- 8-Speed Automatic (845RE)
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic (845RE)
- 3.21 Rear Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 6,025 lbs
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 730CCA Maintenance-Free Battery
- 160 Amp Alternator
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- Trailer Wiring Harness
- Delete Class IV Receiver Hitch
- 1500lbs. Maximum Payload
- HD Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Steering
- 26 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Short And Long Arm Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Manual 1st Row Windows
- Wheels: 17" x 7" Aluminum
- Tires: P265/70R17 BSW AS
- Regular Box Style
- Center Hub
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Full-Size Spare Tire Stored Underbody w/Crankdown
- Clearcoat Paint
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Black Door Handles
- Black Manual Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Active Grille Shutters
- Delete Spray In Bedliner
- Tailgate Rear Cargo Access
- Manual Tailgate/Rear Door Lock
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Halogen Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Cargo Lamp w/High Mount Stop Light
- Vendor Painted Cargo Box Tracking
- Tip Start
- Radio: 3.0
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock and Radio Data System
- 6 Speakers
- Fixed Antenna
- Media Hub (USB, AUX)
- 4-Way Driver Seat
- 4-Way Passenger Seat
- Manual Tilt Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Voltmeter, Oil Pressure, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Temperature, Transmission Fluid Temp, Engine Hour Meter and Trip Odometer
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- Glove Box
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Interior Trim -inc: Deluxe Sound Insulation, Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Heavy Duty Vinyl 40/20/40 Split Bench Seat
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Covering
- Pickup Cargo Box Lights
- Electronic Shift
- Instrument Panel Bin, Dashboard Storage, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Systems Monitor
- Analog Display
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints
- Seats w/Vinyl Back Material
- Manual Adjust Seats
- 40/20/40 Split Bench Seat
- Front Armrest w/3 Cupholders
- Sentry Key Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- ParkView Back-Up Camera