Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- New turbo V6 in Macan S
- Upgraded infotainment system
- Class-leading reliability
- Comfortable front seats
2019 Porsche Macan: Everything You Need to Know
About the 2019 Porsche Macan:
The 2019 Porsche Macan is a compact SUV manufactured by Porsche. It’s Porsche’s bestselling nameplate. This luxury high-performance utility vehicle earns high marks for its agility and speed.
Porsche introduced two trims for the 2019 model year. One is powered by a 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine. The other is a 3.0-liter, turbocharged V6 engine. Its top model for 2019 can go from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 4.9 seconds with the addition of a specialized Sport package.
The interior offers both elegance and style with comfortable seating and robust technology. The 2019 Porsche Macan is a dynamic and enjoyable ride, whether in traffic or on the open road.
The Porsche Macan consistently ranks high for reliability and quality. If you are looking for a fun-to-drive, high-performance luxury compact SUV, the Macan is worth checking out.
What’s New in the Current 2019 Porsche Macan?
The refreshed 2019 Porsche Macan added a few new features:
- Updated front and rear bumpers
- New tail lamps
- New 10.9-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Turbo V6 engine for the Macan S
- New wheel design
Currently, the 2019 Porsche Macan comes in two versions: Macan and Macan S.
Macan: The base trim features a 2.0-liter, four-cylinder turbocharged engine. It offers many standard exterior and interior features. These include a rear spoiler, cloth interior, adjustable seating, and an infotainment system. Several optional upgrades are available for an extra cost.
Macan S: The S trim features a turbocharged, 3.0-liter, V6 engine. This is paired with a quick-shifting seven-speed automatic transmission for 348 horsepower and 352 pounds-feet of torque.
What Does the 2019 Porsche Macan Compete With?
The 2019 Porsche Macan competes with the following luxury compact crossovers:
The 2019 Porsche Macan offers fewer off-road capabilities, less rear legroom, and less cargo space than its peers. For a car in this class, it offers fewer standard amenities.
The Macan has a comfortable cabin and inspiring ride especially on winding roads. Standard all-wheel drive and a smooth suspension produce a nimble and confident ride on most surfaces.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Porsche Macan
The 2019 Porsche Macan showcases a distinctive design that combines elegance and sport. A variety of upgrade features enhance its sleek and aerodynamic design.
Standard exterior features include a rear spoiler and 18-inch wheels with 20- to 22-inch wheels available. Buyers can select an array of metallic or customized exterior colors, a panoramic sunroof, running boards, and roof rails. A sports design package adds a roof spoiler and sportier design for the front and rear.
The Macan features LED headlights and daytime-running lights. Optional upgrades include clear tail lights, auto dimming mirrors, and the integration of Porsche’s dynamic lighting system for cornering and automatic high beam detection.
Interior Style in the 2019 Porsche Macan
The interior of the 2019 Porsche Macan is comfortable and roomy in the front row. Standard 8-way power-adjusted seats and optional sport seats available in either trim. The split-folding backseat makes it easy to configure space for long items. The rear seat has two LATCH attachments with a tether anchor in the middle rear seat.
Standard seating includes Alcantra cloth with an option to upgrade to partial or full leather. The SUV is designed to fit five people, but three adults sitting in the back row could feel cramped.
Heated seats and a heated steering wheel are optional, as are wood, aluminum, or carbon fiber accents throughout the cabin. The dashboard controls and tech features are easy to reach from the driver or front-passenger seat.
The Macan features a quartet of USB ports, a 12-volt power outlet, and cup holders in the center and rear armrest. The center console has a covered storage bin. The cargo area is large enough to fit a half-dozen carry-on bags. The SUV can hold sixteen carry-on bags with the backseats folded down.
What Technology is in the Porsche Macan?
What the 2019 Porsche Macan lacks in standard cabin comforts, it makes up for in standard technology offerings. Its recently updated infotainment system offers a crisp and colorful 10.9-inch display. This controls the Porsche Communication Management infotainment system. It includes interfaces for audio and mobile phone, navigation, and voice control.
All models come equipped with Bluetooth, a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, Sirius XM radio, and a 10-speaker sound system.
Optional upgrade packages include:
- 14-speaker Bose surround sound stereo system
- 16-speaker Burmester surround sound system
- Apple CarPlay
- Smartphone compartment
- Push-button start
- Keyless entry
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Porsche Macan?
The 2019 Porsche Macan comes with several of the safety features found in rival SUVs. These include lane departure warning, a rearview camera and front and rear parking sensors.
Optional safety features include:
- Lane keep assist
- Lane change assist
- Surround-view parking camera
- Traffic jam assist with adaptive cruise control
What is the 2019 Porsche Macan Like to Drive?
The 2019 Porsche Macan is a thrilling ride, with impressive agility and speed. The larger engine in the Macan S provides a more robust ride, but the base model still delivers best-in-class performance. It is relatively quiet and has some off-road capability.
Front seating is comfortable and controls are easily within reach. Rear passengers may be a little cramped. The standard cabin is fairly basic but can be easily customized with several upgrades.
Wide windows and rear-view mirrors provide the driver with adequate visibility. Optional upgrades are available for front and rear park assist, which gives a wider view of the surrounding area.
Should I Buy a Current 2019 Porsche Macan?
If you are seeking a luxury compact SUV, consider the 2019 Porsche Macan. Quick acceleration, agile handling, and responsive steering make driving the Macan an exhilarating experience. While the interior is relatively basic for a car of this class, you can easily customize your experience if you are willing to pay a little more.
Should I Buy a Used 2019 Porsche Macan? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The Macan receives consistently high reliability and quality ratings ever since it was introduced in 2015. A used car between 2015 and 2018 model years would be a safe bet. Although features have been updated, a used Porsche Macan will still offer a thrilling ride at less cost. Look for one with optional upgrades.
How Much Does the New 2019 Porsche Macan Cost?
The base model and S trim begin at $49,900 and $58,600, respectively. The sticker price can quickly surpass rival models with add-ons and upgrades.
The 2019 Porsche Macan’s high reliability and quality ratings make this a wise buy for the money. Many interior comforts are optional, but the infotainment system is more robust than competitors.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Porsche Macan
- Powerful 3.0-liter, V6 turbocharged engine in the Macan S
- Corners with agility
- Comfortable front seats
- Highly customizable
- Rear seat legroom is limited
- Less cargo space
- Limited standard options
- No Android Auto
- Driver-assisted technology not standard
The History of 2019 Porsche Macan: 5 years of Porsche Macan
The Porsche Macan is named for the Javanese word “tiger.” It first hit the market in 2015 model and is currently in its first generation.
Over the years, the Macan has undergone several updates to expand its communication systems, lighting capability, interior comfort and functionality.
In past years, Porsche offered the Macan in Turbo and GTS versions, in addition to its base and S trim. Only the base and S versions are available for the 2019 model year.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Porsche Macan
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 2.0L Turbo I-4
- 248 hp
- 7-Speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Sat Nav
- Satellite Navigation
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L Turbo I-4
- Transmission: 7-Speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Axle Ratio: 4.13
- GVWR: 5,534 lbs
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode, Sequential Shift Control w/Steering Wheel Controls and Oil Cooler
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 92-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery
- Regenerative Alternator
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- 1435lbs. Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 19.8 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Powdercoated Tailpipe Finisher
- Permanent Locking Hubs
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Brake Actuated Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 18" Macan
- Tires: P235/60R18 Front & P255/55R18 Rear AS
- Wheels w/Locks
- Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Black Bodyside Insert
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Black Grille
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Porsche Communication Management (PCM) -inc: AM/FM double tuner radio, voice control system, MP3 compatibility, online navigation module, high-resolution 10.9-inch color touchscreen, audio interfaces, SiriusXM satellite radio receiver, 150-watt sound package plus w/10 speakers, mobile phone preparation, Connect Plus w/LTE telephone module w/SIM card reader, wireless internet access and Porsche Car Connect
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control and Steering Wheel Controls
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Streaming Audio
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- 8-Way Power Seats
- Bucket Front Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Flip Forward Cushion/Seatback Rear Seat w/Manual Fore/Aft
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Turbo/Supercharger Boost, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Sport Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look/Piano Black Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look/Piano Black Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look Console Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Partial Leather Seat Trim w/Alcantara
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Delay Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Rigid Cargo Cover
- Cargo Features -inc: Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Integrated Navigation System w/Voice Activation
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Driver And Passenger Heated-Cushion, Driver And Passenger Heated-Seatback
- Manual w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- ParkAssist Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Side-Impact Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera