Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Updated interior and exterior for 2019
- Choice of powerful engines
- Latest Porsche Communication Management infotainment system
- Sporty handling
- Dynamic driving
2019 Porsche Cayenne: Everything You Need to Know
About the 2019 Porsche Cayenne:
The 2019 Porsche Cayenne is a mid-size luxury SUV known for its rugged power and athletic performance. The Cayenne is Porsche’s second-best selling vehicle.
The Cayenne is redesigned for the 2019 model year. The five-passenger SUV features comfortable seating across its two rows. It has a roomy cabin trimmed with high-quality materials, and an advanced infotainment system.
It comes as a four-door SUV. Porsche will also offer the Cayenne in a four-door coupe body style for the 2020 model year.
What’s New in the Current 2019 Porsche Cayenne?
The Porsche Cayenne received refreshed interior and exterior styling for the 2019 model year. It comes in three versions: the 335-horsepower V6 Turbo; 434-horsepower, twin-turbo V6 Cayenne S; or 551-horsepower V8 Turbo. The automaker also makes a hybrid version called the Cayenne E-Hybrid.
For its 2019 redesign, Porsche trimmed 143 pounds from the Cayenne’s body by using more aluminum and a lithium-ion starter battery. The result is a more dynamic drive.
Inside, the SUV gets a larger cargo area, larger touchscreens, and the latest version of the automaker’s Porsche Communication Management system for infotainment functions.
What Does the 2019 Porsche Cayenne Compete With?
The 2019 Porsche Cayenne’s top competitors include:
- Mercedes-Benz GLE
- BMW X5
- BMW X6
- Audi Q7
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- Tesla Model X
- Maserati Levante
- Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
The Porsche Cayenne is pricier than many of its competitors but often boasts superior power, driving dynamics, and luxury.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Porsche Cayenne
The 2019 Porsche Cayenne displays a redesigned grille as well as a lower roofline and wider wheel base than the outgoing model. The rear features a slim, three-dimensional light strip between the LED taillights.
The SUV comes with an adaptive roof spoiler to enhance downforce and decrease braking distance.
The Cayenne and Cayenne S rides on 19-inch wheels. Turbos get 21-inch wheels.
Exterior colors include Biscay Blue, Carrera White, Jet Black, Mahogany, Moonlight Blue, Palladium, Purpurite, Quartzite, and Rhodium Silver.
Interior Style in the 2019 Porsche Cayenne
The five-passenger Cayenne features a comfortable and upscale cabin. It’s clad in leather and trimmed with high-quality materials such as wood, aluminum, and Alcantara. Leather covers the seats, door handles, center console, and gear selector. Infotainment and control functions can be regulated by knobs, touchscreen, and buttons easily reached from the driver or front passenger seat.
Adults fit comfortably in the back row. But the extra legroom comes at the expense of cargo space, which is below average. Unlike some competitors, the Cayenne does not come with an option to add a third row of seating.
A high-resolution 12.3-inch touchscreen controls the latest Porsche Communication Management system. The system comes with Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay connectivity but not Android Auto. Navigation, voice control, five USB ports, and a built-in WiFi hotspot are included. The Porsche Advanced Cockpit control concept provides direct access to important functions.
Front seats get 8-way power-adjustable controls. Buyers can upgrade to 18-way power-adjustable sport seats. These advanced seats add heating, ventilation, and massage functions.
Buyers can add quad-zone automatic climate control and a panoramic sunroof.
The SUV’s cargo area is smaller than most rivals. The split-folding rear-seats double its storage space. This accommodates large and irregular-shaped items.
Technology: What Technology Comes in the 2019 Porsche Cayenne?
The 2019 Porsche Cayenne features a 12.3-inch touchscreen operating the Porsche Communication Management system. All models provide Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay connectivity. Navigation, voice control, five USB ports, and a built-in WiFi hotspot are also included.
The Navigation Plus system uses real-time traffic and map data to calculate routes with by-the-minute precision, even for small side streets. The Porsche Connect app lets users control the thermostat and other functions in the Cayenne remotely from their smartphone.
Satellite radio, HD Radio, and a 10-speaker sound system come standard. A 14-speaker Bose audio system, 21-speaker Burmese sound system, and rear-seat entertainment system are available.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Porsche Cayenne?
The 2019 Porsche Cayenne comes standard with a rearview camera and front and rear parking sensors. Available features include adaptive cruise control, a surround-view camera, blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning, lane keep assist, a head-up display, traffic sign recognition, automatic emergency braking, and night vision assist.
What is the 2019 Porsche Cayenne like to drive?
The 2019 Porsche Cayenne boasts sports car-like horsepower and handling. Its flared rear wheels boost agility and allow the SUV to corner like Porsche’s 911 sports car.
It’s powerful and fun to drive, setting a benchmark for high-performance SUVs from other brands. It corners with precision, accelerates with lightning-quick speed, and delivers a notably smooth ride. Advances in the third-generation Cayenne’s braking technology uses a cast-iron brake disc with a ceramic coating to shorten braking distance and improve performance.
The Cayenne base model runs on a 335-horsepower, 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 engine. The Cayenne S gets a 2.9-liter, twin-turbocharged V6 delivering 434 horsepower. The Cayenne Turbo packs a 551-horsepower, 4.0-liter V8.
The Cayenne is known for its top track speeds and thrilling acceleration.
The base model travels from 0 to 60 mph in 5.9 seconds on its way to a top speed of 152 mph. The Cayenne S accelerates from 0 to 6 in 4.9 seconds. Top track speed is 164 mph. The Cayenne Turbo zips from 0 to 60 mph in a mere 3.9 seconds hitting a top speed of 177 mph. All trims have a smooth-shifting eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.
The SUV is also adept off pavement. It can ford water up to 19 inches and tow up to 7,700 pounds when properly equipped.
Should I Buy a Current 2019 Porsche Cayenne?
The 2019 Porsche Cayenne is popular for its sporty ride and sophisticated looks. It costs more and requires buyers to upgrade for features that come standard in rivals. If cost isn’t a concern, buyers looking for a high-performance, luxury SUV should consider the 2019 Porsche Cayenne.
Should I Buy a Used Porsche Cayenne? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The 2019 Porsche Cayenne received several upgrades to its interior and exterior design and performance for its third generation. However, a second-generation Cayenne still feels powerful and luxurious. These models built between 2011 and 2018 may not have the latest features, but they offer a sporty and reliable mid-sized luxury SUV for less than the price of a new Cayenne.
How Much Does the New 2019 Porsche Cayenne Cost?
The 2019 Porsche Cayenne begins at $65,700. The Cayenne S and Turbo start at $82,900 and $124,600, respectively. The Cayenne E-Hybrid starts at $79,900.
Coupe versions run higher, starting at $75,300. The Cayenne S Coupe begins at $88,600. The Cayenne Turbo Coupe starts at $130,100.
The Porsche Cayenne is highly customizable with many optional features that cost extra. Add-ons include larger tires, roof rails, carbon fiber trim and advanced driver assistance features.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Porsche Cayenne
- Choice of powerful engines
- Dynamic handling
- Easy-to-use Porsche Communication Management infotainment system
- Luxurious cabin
- Pricier than rivals
- Small cargo area
- No Android Auto compatibility
- Doesn’t come in a three-row version
The History of the Porsche Cayenne: 16 Years of the Porsche Cayenne
The Porsche Cayenne launched in 2003 as the first high-performance luxury SUV. Now in its third generation, the Cayenne sold more than 190,000 units in the U.S. over the years. It is Porsche’s second-best selling vehicle, after the Macan compact crossover.
Porsche proved with the success of the Cayenne that a sportscar maker could also build a top-notch utility vehicle. The Cayenne has set the benchmark for rival nameplates from Jaguar, Maserati, Lamborghini, Bentley, Aston Martin, and Rolls-Royce. Porsche is owned by Volkswagen, the parent company of Lamborghini and Bentley. The Bentley Bentayga and Lamborghini Urus are built on the same platform as the Porsche Cayenne.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Porsche Cayenne
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 3.0L Turbo V6 w/Direct Fuel Injection
- 335 hp
- 8-Speed Tiptronic S Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- DVD Player
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.0L Turbo V6 w/Direct Fuel Injection
- Transmission: 8-Speed Tiptronic S Automatic
- Axle Ratio: TBD
- GVWR: TBD
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 85-Amp/Hr 450CCA Maintenance-Free Battery
- 220 Amp Alternator
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- 1499lbs. Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic w/Driver Control Ride Control Adaptive Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Steering
- 23.7 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Permanent Locking Hubs
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Electro-Mechanical Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 20" Cayenne Design
- Tires: 275/45ZR20 Front & 305/40ZR20 Rear
- 20" X 9" Front Wheels and 20" X 10.5" Rear Wheels w/Locks
- Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Fixed Glass Panoramic 1st And 2nd Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Black Bodyside Insert and Body-Colored Fender Flares
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Power Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Power Spoiler
- Black Grille
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front And Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Porsche Communication Management (PCM) -inc: high-resolution 12.3-inch color touchscreen w/high quality glass surface, single CD/DVD drive, 2 SD card slots, mobile phone preparation via Bluetooth, AUX/USB/iPod interface, HD Radio and SiriusXM satellite radio receiver
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Compatible Remote CD, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation, Radio Data System, DVD-Audio and 40 Gb Internal Memory
- 10 Speakers
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Streaming Audio
- Concealed Diversity Antenna
- 3 LCD Monitors In The Front
- 8-Way Sport Seats
- Sport Front Seats
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Flip Forward Cushion/Seatback Rear Seat w/Manual Fore/Aft
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Oil Pressure, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Temperature, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Mobile Hotspot Internet Access
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look/Piano Black Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look/Piano Black Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look/Piano Black Console Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leather Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Leather Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Delay Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Roll-Up Cargo Cover
- Cargo Features -inc: Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Tracker System
- Smart Device Integration
- Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins and 1st Row Underseat Storage
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Fixed Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Sliding Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Emergency Sos
- ParkAssist Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Forward Collision Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag and Rear Side-Impact Airbag
- Restricted Driving Mode
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera