Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Apple CarPlay(optional)
- Android Auto (optional)
- SiriusXM Radio
- Rear view monitor
- Advanced safety features
- Lots of legroom
The 2019 Nissan Versa sedan packs a powerful punch of technology while remaining surprisingly user friendly. Its sleek lines and well-thought-out interior design make it both eye-pleasing and efficient. For those of you looking for a way to stay up with the trends and remain practical at the same time, the Nissan Versa is your ticket.
Tints and colors for the Versa sedan include:
- Gun metallic (gray color)
- Super black
- Cayenne red metallic
- Fresh powder (white color)
Special Robot Friends
Perhaps one of the most innovative special features this 2019 Nissan includes is Android Auto. Android Auto gets you where you need to go with satellite technology using Google Maps.
Apple CarPlay is the MacIntosh twin of Android Auto with a few different additions. As with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay activation and control starts via convenient buttons that are in easy view right on your steering wheel.
The controls for the Versa sedans are high on the dash for immediate view and easy access. Although the technology is at the most advanced level as far as midsize crossover sedans go, the thin plastic trim embellishing the interior can feel a little cheap.
King of Best Vehicle Space in Sedans
Legroom is the most common problem in many sedans. Nissan took care of that by creating a spacious seating arrangement, extra headroom, and a good 360-degree view. This 2019 Nissan has more legroom than many other midsize luxury sedans at close to 40 inches for rear seating.
Cargo room in the Versa sedan is also impressive at 14.9 cubic feet. This is a larger trunk than many rivals. When folded down, you will increase cargo room by up to 10 inches for the higher trim levels.
As a matter of fact, the Versa offers some of the roomiest rear seating options in its class, making the S, the S Plus, and the SV excellent choices for those who need extra space. A total of five people can fit in the sedan and the Versa Note models. Additional features, including upgraded cloth seats, driver’s seat armrests, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel are available as extra options.
The 2019 Versa by Nissan ranked at #12 in subcompact cars, which says a lot. Most subcompacts have issues with spacing, visibility, and engine power; however, the Versa is a well-built little workhorse with plenty of power, a strong engine configuration, and a relatively modern exterior appearance. The turning radius is superb with a 34.8 turning circle, making those K-turns and tight corners a snap.
The Versa S, S Plus, SV, and Versa Note all feature a 1.6L four-cylinder engine with 109 horsepower and 107 pound-feet of torque at 4400 rpm. A standard five-speed continuous variable transmission powers the front wheels of this inline-four engine. Gas mpg is 34 combined with a fuel economy of 39 mpg for highway and 31 mpg for city.
Vehicle Performance of the Versa Sedan
This 2019 Nissan car has just a 109-horsepower engine for nearly 3,000 pounds of car. This means that the acceleration rate for the Nissan Versa is a little on the low end. Around town, acceleration is leisurely and will certainly get the mission accomplished.
When taking the vehicle onto highways, however, you will need a wide-open passing lane to safely get ahead of a slower-moving vehicle. Crosswinds created by other vehicles can make it difficult to keep the car between the lines.
Even with moderate winds, the drone from the low-rolling tires on this 2019 Nissan and the weak stability can make it less than optimal for a long drive. However, the ride is fairly smooth with reasonable controllability and easy suspension. The relatively tall body of the Versa makes the car a little less stable than shorter sedans in windier conditions.
However, the economy-designed tires prevent traveling on twisty roads from feeling like you’ll spin out of control.
Safety Vehicle Test Scores
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the 2019 Nissan Versa rates “Good” in four crash test categories. The Versa still need to complete much of the gauntlet of testing, but for now, it’s safe to rank the car as average as far as safety goes.
Included safety features are:
Dual front-side-mounted airbags
Front and rear seat airbags
Additional features that are standard with 2019 Nissan Versa models (including the Note) are:
Tire pressure monitoring
Child safety locks
Emergency braking assist for the Versa sedan
Passenger air bag occupant sensing deactivation
Price Search for Versa Vehicles
The 2019 Nissan Versa vehicles such as the Note appear in some of the best entry-level car options searches. The S sedan runs at around $13,000 brand-new with a three-year warranty, new-car smell, AC, Bluetooth, and an infotainment touchscreen.
If you want the continuously variable transmission from a dealer, you will need to upgrade to the Versa S Plus for approximately $2,500 more. However, you’ll also get cruise control with the S Plus and a rear spoiler to improve fuel economy for these cars.
The search price of the Versa SV is slightly higher at around approximately $16,000. You’ll have more options on driver’s seat adjustments, power windows and locks, and remote entry.
To get keyless ignition and the robots (Siri and Google with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto), you will need to pay an additional $800 for the compatibility upgrade. Otherwise, both the sedan and the Versa Note versions are around the same price with similar options and features.
How Often Does a New or Certified Pre-Owned Nissan Need an Oil Change Service?
Like many vehicles made today, a new Nissan Versa can do with an oil change service every 7,500 to 10,000 miles. As with any new car purchase, consult the owner’s manual offered with your car for the exact recommendations for your particular model.
The newer vehicles use synthetic oil, an engine lubricant made from chemical compounds rather than conventional crude oil-based lubes. Synthetic oils tend to offer higher levels of service, protection, and performance than conventional oils. The best of these will include additives to further enhance the performance of the 2019 Nissan Versa sedan.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Nissan Versa Sedan
- Roomy cargo area, with offers of additional room in the Note
- Plenty of leg room for adult passengers
- Relatively high safety ratings
- Low price offers one of the best options to entry-level purchasers
- Ability to access and search messages and media
- Inventory with pre-owned options at most dealerships
- Can get uncomfortable during long a long drive
- Cheap feeling interior details
- Exterior could be a little more advanced
- Need to pay higher costs for more advanced technological details at many dealers
- Can be hard to handle in windy conditions
- Offers lower-than-average fuel economy for the class
- Manual transmission on some models
- Two-wheel drive
The Nissan Versa has been a vehicle for entry-level buyers since its release in 2007. The sedan features quality design with an interior that is significantly roomier than most midsize sedans. The standard six-speed manual transmission can be upgraded to an automatic four-speed version with a continuously variable transmission on specific trim levels.
The year 2008 saw the addition of a Sport trim level for the Versa. The chassis was lengthened in 2012, which gave the car increased legroom, enhanced engine operation, and more modern exterior details. Additional smaller upgrades have been made for all model years through today, resulting in the low-cost, entry-level 2019 Nissan Versa sedan.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Nissan Versa Sedan
- Body Style
- 1.6L DOHC 16-Valve 4-Cylinder
- 122 hp
- 5-Speed Manual
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Lane Departure Warning
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 1.6L DOHC 16-Valve 4-Cylinder
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual -inc: Hill Start Assist
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 4.07 Axle Ratio
- 60-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 120 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 10.8 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Torsion Beam Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs and Brake Assist
- Wheels: 15" Steel w/Full Wheel Covers
- Tires: 195/65R15 AS
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Black Door Handles
- Black Power Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Chrome Grille
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Halogen Daytime Running Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Radio: AM/FM Audio System -inc: RDS, MP3, aux-in, 7" color touchscreen display, Bluetooth hands-free phone system, streaming audio via Bluetooth, interface for iPod and other compatible devices, hands-free text messaging assistant, Siri Eyes Free/Google Assistant, voice recognition, 4 speakers, 12-volt DC power outlet and 3 USB ports (2-charge only)
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control and Steering Wheel Controls
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: 6-way manually adjustable driver seat and height-adjustable front head restraints
- 2-Way Driver Seat -inc: Manual Height Adjustment
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- Bench Front Facing Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Cargo Access and Mechanical Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- Illuminated Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Piano Black Console Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Storage
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- 1 Seatback Storage Pocket
- Engine Immobilizer
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) Lane Departure Warning
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag and Rear Side-Impact Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- RearView Monitor Back-Up Camera