Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Competitive pricing
- Comfortable ride quality
- Well-appointed interior
- Special off-road edition available
Nissan Titan XD: Everything You Need to Know
About the Nissan Titan XD:
The Nissan Titan XD is a full-size pickup truck introduced in the U.S. and Canada in 2016. Now in its third year, the Titan XD includes a single cab, king cab, and crew cab bodystyles. There are two bed lengths, two engine choices, and two drivelines. Maximum towing capacity is 12,710 pounds and payload capacity of 2,990 when properly equipped.
The Nissan Titan XD is good for shoppers looking for the occasional heavy-duty application. It doesn’t have as many choices or options as other trucks, offering a more streamlined selection.
What’s New in the 2019 Nissan Titan XD?
Nissan added a new 7-inch touchscreen display for 2019. NissanConnect features Android Auto and Apple CarPlay standard across the lineup. King Cab and Crew Cab models get a rear door alert system, reminding drivers to check the back seat. Two USB media ports are added. USB-A charge ports are standard on several grades now. The Nissan Titan XD SV and SL crew 4x4 models with the diesel engine offer a special Midnight Edition package for 2019. This includes blacked-out exterior trim including badging, door handles, wheels, and bumpers. The interior trim is similarly outfitted for a dramatic look. The Titan XD diesel adds a larger fuel tank and an integrated gooseneck hitch. This makes trailering even easier with the Titan XD. Two exterior paint colors, Midnight Pine Metallic and Moab Sunset Metallic, are new for 2019.
What Does the 2019 Nissan Titan XD Compete With?
The heavy duty 2019 Nissan Titan XD’s competitors include:
When shopping for a full-size heavy duty pickup truck, key comparisons include towing and payload capacities. In today’s modern pickups, trailering aids such as smart cameras and sensors are differentiators. The Nissan Titan falls short compared to top competitors.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Nissan Titan XD
The Nissan Titan XD delivers on the truck promise of large, beefy design. There’s a choice of Crew, Single, and King cabs. The Crew and King cabs come with a 6.5-foot bed length. The Single cab comes with an 8-foot bed.
Signature daytime running lights work alongside LED headlights. LED bed rail lighting is available, a handy feature that works together with the standard tailgate illumination. In-bed storage is available. It’s lockable, removable, watertight, and drainable.
The Titan XD has step rails for improved cabin and bed entry and exit. Similar to the Ram 2500 heavy duty, the Titan XD comes with a generic tailgate. This is not competitive with the GMC Sierra HD MultiPro tailgate.
The Titan XD PRO-4X is specific for heavier off-road use. This version comes with trail-ready 18-inch all-terrain off-road tires and aluminum-alloy wheels. Off-road shock absorbers, electronic rear differential, skid plate, and hill descent control are all standard.
The Titan XD comes in eleven different exterior colors. These range from a Metallic Black and Glacier White to Cayenne Red or Forged Copper. New premium colors for 2019 include Midnight Pine Metallic and Moab Sunset Metallic.
Interior Style in the 2019 Nissan Titan XD
The interior of the Nissan Titan XD uses high quality materials in a thoughtful design. The cabin is roomy befitting a full size pickup truck. The shifter is column-mounted, allowing for generous storage space in the center console.
Unlike competitors, some of the buttons and switches are undersized. The infotainment system is somewhat outdated. The screen is smaller than expected and resolution is lower than competitors.
The large grab handles provide easy ingress. The adjustable seat provides excellent positioning for any size driver.
Visibility is good in the vehicle, although the hood is very long. The outside mirrors are undersized, especially compared to other trucks.
For those seeking a more off-road capable version, Nissan offers the Titan XD PRO-4X. This version comes with front fog lamps, front tow hooks, two-tone paint, and a special appearance package.
Inside, the driver and passenger get comfortable bucket seats. The seat covers are stain-resistant with a vinyl bolster. The seats and floor mats are branded with “PRO-4X” embroidery and the interior has other PRO-4X distinctive features.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Nissan Titan XD?
The Nissan Titan XD full-size pickup truck comes standard with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The touchscreen is only 7 inches, much smaller than the best-in-class Ram 2500 HD. Crew Cabs get a 120-volt outlet in the back of the center console.
The SV trim and higher has a 5-inch cluster displaying diesel information, fuel economy, and off road data. A Trailer Light Check feature allows for singlehanded monitoring of the trailer’s lighting.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Nissan Titan XD?
The 2019 Nissan Titan XD offers a host of driving and towing safety features. Driver aids include blind-spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, and front and rear sonar sensors. Trailering aids include rearview monitoring with trailer guides, trailer sway control, and downhill speed control in tow/haul mode. Hill start assist, brake limited-slip differential, and electronic locking rear diff (when equipped) are available.
Traditional safety features include tire pressure monitoring, LATCH child seat anchor system (Crew Cab), and an array of airbags.
What is the 2019 Nissan Titan XD Like to Drive?
The Nissan Titan XD is a full-size pickup truck that drives like one. In its third full year, the Titan is a heavier driving experience than its competitors. Its turning radius is enormous, requiring multiple adjustments on a standard U-turn.
The Titan XD utilizes a unique frame and chassis to fit the Cummins diesel and Endurance V8 gas engines. This also expands the towing and payload compared to the light duty Titan.
Titan XD uses a heavy-duty suspension design. The double-wishbone front suspension is tuned for rugged use. The rigid rear axle employs leaf springs for maximum towing capacity. An electronic locking rear differential is available.
The Titan XD rides on 17-inch, 18-inch, or 20-inch wheels. Stick to smaller tires for a more comfortable ride. The four-wheel disc brakes provide solid braking performance even with payload.
Should I Buy a 2019 Nissan Titan XD?
The Nissan Titan XD is larger than a light-duty pickup. But it is not as capable as the heavy-duty versions of today’s updated pickups. Some even call it a “tweener.” This may not be a bad thing if a heavier payload or towing is needed occasionally. But there are better choices for more regular heavy-duty use.
Should I Buy a Used Nissan Titan XD? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The Nissan Titan XD is still in its first generation. There are not significant differences between the model years, so venturing into the used market isn’t a bad idea. Capabilities have not changed a lot, but technology has. Look for the newest model budget allows for towing and driving aids.
How Much Does the 2019 Nissan Titan XD Cost?
Nissan divides the Titan XD pricing into two categories: Titan XD Gas, and Titan XD Pro-4X. The Nissan Titan XD gas crew cab 4x2 starts at $38,270. The top-of-the-line XD Gas Platinum Crew Cab 4x4 starts at $60,080.
The Titan XD Pro King Cab 4x4 gas starts at $47,210. The top Titan XD Pro-4X Crew Cab 4x4 diesel starts at $54,830.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Nissan Titan XD
- Smooth ride
- High-grade interior materials
- Contemporary, classic styling
- Drives like a big truck
- Turning radius is very wide
- Towing and payload are lighter than heavy duty competitors
The History of the Nissan Titan XD: Three years of the Nissan Titan XD
The Nissan Titan XD debuted in 2016. It utilizes a different chassis than its light-duty sibling. It’s built alongside the Nissan Titan in Canton, Mississippi.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Nissan Titan XD
- Body Style
- Single Cab
- 5.6L V8
- 390 hp
- 7-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 5.6L V8
- Transmission: 7-Speed Automatic
- 3.357 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 8,600 lbs
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode, Sequential Shift Control and Oil Cooler
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 200 Amp Alternator
- 80-Amp/Hr 710CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 2910# Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Hydraulic Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 26 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Leaf Rear Suspension w/Leaf Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 17" x 7.5" Silver Styled Steel
- Tires: LT245/75R17 BSW
- Regular Box Style
- Wheels w/Hub Covers
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Full-Size Spare Tire Stored Underbody w/Crankdown
- Clearcoat Paint
- Black Front Bumper
- Black Rear Step Bumper
- Black Side Windows Trim, Black Front Windshield Trim and Black Rear Window Trim
- Black Door Handles
- Black Manual Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Sliding Rear Window w/Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Black Grille
- Tailgate Rear Cargo Access
- Manual Tailgate/Rear Door Lock
- Aero-Composite Halogen Headlamps
- Cargo Lamp w/High Mount Stop Light
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Radio: NissanConnect AM/FM -inc: Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, 7" color touchscreen display w/rear view monitor, 2 USB connection ports for iPod interface and other compatible devices, Bluetooth hands-free phone system, streaming audio via Bluetooth and hands-free text messaging assistant
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, In-Dash Mounted Single CD, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Fixed Antenna
- 4 Speaker System
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Front Split Bench Seat (40/20/40)
- 4-Way Driver Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer and Trip Odometer
- Front Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Seat Trim w/Vinyl Bolster
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Passenger Visor Vanity Mirror w/Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Vinyl/Rubber Floor Covering
- Pickup Cargo Box Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Windows
- Dashboard Storage, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- 1 Seatback Storage Pocket
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest w/Storage
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- RearView Monitor Back-Up Camera