Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Gasoline and diesel V8 engine options
- Comfortable, spacious interior
- Solid tow rating
- CarPlay and Android Auto included
2019 Nissan Titan: Everything You Need to Know
About the Nissan Titan
The 2019 Nissan Titan and Titan XD are full-size pickup trucks built in the U.S. The half-ton Titan is the base model that competes with the Ford F-150. The Titan XD is designed to straddle the line between a light duty and heavy-duty truck.
The Titan nameplate has been sold since 2003, but Nissan hasn’t come close to the sales of the Big Three. To give the Titan a better chance against Dodge, Ford, and GM, Nissan redesigned the pickup in 2016. The Titan is now more capable, comfortable, and offers modern technology.
The standard Titan comes with a 5.6-liter V8 and a seven-speed transmission only. The Titan XD offer either the same 5.6-liter V8, or a 5.0-liter diesel V8. All Titans are offered in standard, King and Crew cab body styles. There are three bed lengths, and either rear- or four-wheel drive.
What’s New in the 2019 Nissan Titan?
The second-generation Nissan Titan is only three years old. Most of the changes for 2019 are minor, but there are many of them.
- A new 7.0-inch touchscreen is now standard. It offers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- A rear-door alert system reminds drivers to check the back seats
- Premium Fender audio system on standard Titan
- An extra USB port has been added
- Body color grille
- Titan XDs get new gooseneck hitch and larger DEF tank
What Does the 2019 Nissan Titan Compete With?
The Nissan Titan competes with the following full-size trucks:
The full-size truck market is extremely competitive. Yet, that competition gives buyers the ability to find the truck that meets exactly their needs.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Nissan Titan
The 2019 Nissan Titan’s exterior design is exactly what you’d expect of a full-size pickup truck. It follows the square-front, large cabin, and useable bed design.
That said, the Nissan Titan’s design separates it from the more mainstream pickup trucks. The front fascia is split with a large lower bumper inset with twin LED daytime running lights and a more traditional grille that’s body colored. It also features LED headlights and a grille intake with a large Nissan badge.
Whereas other truck designs use large fender flares for an exaggerated look, the Titan has a simple design with fenders that frame the larger tires. A more traditional and conservative rear-end is fitted with LED brake lights.
Nissan offers four different wheel designs for the Titan:
- 17-inch alloy wheel is standard
- 18-inch alloy wheel is optional
- Two 20-inch alloy wheels, one in a black finish
Interior Design of the 2019 Nissan Titan
The exterior provides a nice blend of traditional and progressive designs. But the interior of the Titan feels outdated.
No matter what spec you choose, there is ample head and legroom. The Titan regular cab only has room for two, but the King and Crew Cab seat five.
The rest of Nissan’s lineup has received newer interiors, while the Titan still looks old. Behind the steering wheel is the column-mounted transmission shifter as well as the analog speedometer and tachometer, along with a very small digital display separating the two.
Above the center console are the controls for the HVAC system and the updated 7.0-inch touch display that controls the truck’s audio, navigation, and other systems. It also is the interface for the standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Outward visibility is excellent thanks to its large windshield, side, and rear windows. The rear seat is comfortable and spacious. Child safety LATCH points are standard on both the King and Crew Cab, though the Crew Cab is easier to get child seats in and out.
What Technology Comes With the 2019 Nissan Titan?
The Titan XD offers several available towing and driving aids including:
- Trailer Light Check
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
- RearView Monitor with Trailer Guides
- Trailer Sway Control
- Integrated Gooseneck Hitch with plug inside the bed
- Tow/Haul Mode with Downhill Speed Control
- Hill Descent Control
- Intelligent Around View Monitor
- Hill Start Assist All Titans come with a 7.0-inch touch display. The system includes:
- Hand’s Free Voice Command
- Bluetooth technology
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
What Kind of Safety Features Are in the 2019 Nissan Titan?
The Nissan Titan includes standard safety features such as:
- LATCH child safety restraints
- Rear-facing camera
- LED headlights, brake lights, and Daytime Running Lights
- Hill Descent Control
- Hill Start Assist
- Intelligent Around View Monitor
- Blind Spot Warning
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Front and Rear Sonar Sensors
What’s the 2019 Nissan Titan Like to Drive?
The Titan’s driving dynamics are somewhat less than desirable compared to the competition.
Though the full-size pickup truck class isn’t focused on steering feel or cornering capability, the Titan offers far less than its competition in both areas. The Titan’s steering is quite numb. This insensitivity gives the Titan a yacht-like demeanor. Chevrolet’s Silverado and Ford’s F-150 both offer tighter and tidier responses.
The Nissan’s towing, cargo capacity, and payload capabilities are competitive against Ford and General Motors products.
The Nissan Titan’s cabin, however, has a dual-personality. It is both uber-luxurious and pitifully outdated. There are comfortable and plush set of seats, a well-damped quiet cabin, a crisp audio system, loads of storage space, and a supple ride-quality. But the interior’s gauge cluster, steering wheel, technology, and layout need a refresh.
Should I Buy a 2019 Nissan Titan?
The truck has great exterior looks and is quite capable. However, for those that want to do more in terms of towing and payload ratings, as well as have a more technologically capable pickup truck, there are other trucks to consider.
Should I Buy a Used 2019 Nissan Titan? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
Old Nissan Titans are a good value, but don’t offer the updated technology or the more comfortable interior. Though the older generation Titan is reasonably priced compared to its Ford, GM, and Dodge counterparts, the new generation is a better value in the long run.
How Much Does the 2019 Nissan Titan Cost?
The 2019 Nissan Titan prices start at $30,390 for the standard Titan and $32,290 for the Titan XD.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Nissan Titan
- More reasonably priced than competitors
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard
- Large list of optional extras
- Many towing features
- Wide array of cab and bed sizes
- Lack of advanced safety systems
- Dated interior design
- Not as powerful as its competitors
The History of the Nissan Titan: Second Time’s the Charm
Nissan first introduced the Alpha T pickup concept at the 2001 Detroit Auto Show. The production truck was shown a year later. Nissan began Titan production in 2003.
The Titan didn’t take much of a bite out of Ford, GM, or Dodge’s sales in its first generation. However, those loyal to Nissan did enjoy the full-size pickup truck and the Titan developed a cult following. As such, a second generation was developed not only to satisfy the Nissan Titan die-hards but once again in an attempt to win buyers from the Big Three.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Nissan Titan
- Body Style
- Single Cab
- 5.6L V8
- 390 hp
- 7-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 5.6L V8
- Transmission: 7-Speed Automatic
- 2.937 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 7,100 lbs
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode, Sequential Shift Control and Oil Cooler
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 80-Amp/Hr 710CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 200 Amp Alternator
- 1850# Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Hydraulic Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 26 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Leaf Rear Suspension w/Leaf Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 18" x 8" Silver Metallic Styled Steel
- Tires: P265/70R18 BSW
- Regular Box Style
- Wheels w/Hub Covers
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Full-Size Spare Tire Stored Underbody w/Crankdown
- Clearcoat Paint
- Black Front Bumper
- Black Rear Step Bumper
- Black Side Windows Trim, Black Front Windshield Trim and Black Rear Window Trim
- Black Door Handles
- Black Manual Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Sliding Rear Window w/Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Black Grille
- Tailgate Rear Cargo Access
- Manual Tailgate/Rear Door Lock
- Aero-Composite Halogen Headlamps
- Cargo Lamp w/High Mount Stop Light
- Radio: NissanConnect AM/FM -inc: Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, 7" color touchscreen audio/IT display, advanced audio features, 2-USB connection ports for iPod interface and other compatible devices, Bluetooth hands-free phone system, streaming audio via Bluetooth and hands-free text messaging assistant
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, In-Dash Mounted Single CD, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Fixed Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Front Manual Split Bench Seat (40/20/40) -inc: 4-way manual adjustable driver's and passenger's seat, flip down center seat w/armrest, dual cupholders and storage (in seat-back and seat-bottom)
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Seat Trim w/Vinyl Bolsters
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Passenger Visor Vanity Mirror w/Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Vinyl/Rubber Floor Covering
- Pickup Cargo Box Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Windows
- Dashboard Storage, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Trip Computer
- Analog Display
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints
- Armrests w/Storage
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Curtain 1st Row Airbags
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- RearView Monitor Back-Up Camera