Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Upscale interior
- Comfortable to drive
- Advanced safety features
- Practical and roomy
Nissan Murano: Everything You Need to Know
About the Nissan Murano:
The new Nissan Murano is a stylish SUV that helped lead the way towards car-like comfort in midsize crossovers when it was first introduced. This five-passenger hauler has been a popular choice in the Nissan lineup for more than 15 years.
The Nissan Murano is feature-laden, relatively affordable, and easy to drive, making it a good buy.
What’s New in the 2019 Nissan Murano?
The 2019 Nissan Murano has been given a mild refresh to keep it competitive in terms of style and features. Mechanically, it's a match for last year's model, and it hasn't changed in size inside or out, keeping it in the sweet spot for two-row SUVs.
The 2019 Nissan Murano offers the following new equipment:
- Revised front end (including headlights, grille, and fog lights)
- Available Nissan Safety Shield 360 suite of advanced safety features
- Updated navigation system
- More upscale interior trim choices
Each version of the Nissan Murano is equipped with a 3.5-liter V6 engine. Good for 260 horsepower and 240 pound-feet of torque, it is matched with a continuously-variable automatic transmission (CVT). All-wheel drive can be added as an option to most models.
Fuel mileage for the 2019 Nissan Murano is EPA-rated at 20 mpg in city driving and 28 mpg on the highway. Economy ratings are the same for two- and all-wheel-drive models.
What Does the 2019 Nissan Murano Compete With?
The 2019 Nissan Murano competes with the following vehicles:
The most popular version of the Nissan Murano is the SV trim. This model offers a number of upgrades over base, including additional safety features and an improved infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It also offers access to the Premium package, which includes improved exterior lighting, a better stereo system, and even more safety gear.
The 2019 Nissan Murano is a good choice for families or anyone in the market for a stylish, well-equipped SUV. It offers reasonable cargo space in a comfortable, affordable, and attractive vehicle with good all-weather capability.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Nissan Murano
The 2019 Nissan Murano has been given a welcome set of cosmetic improvements. That being said, this is very much the same SUV as it was the year before in terms of size and shape.
The easiest changes to see are those found up front. The 2019 Nissan Murano comes with new headlights, as well as a more prominent, but not over-the-top, grille. In addition to new fog lights, the taillights have also seen a redesign. Overall, the Nissan Murano presents an attractive package that continues to look good alongside the competition. This is especially true when seen in profile.
LED fog lights put in an appearance on the SV trim as part of the Premium package. Move to the SL model and you can equip the Murano with a power liftgate, as well as a panoramic moonroof. The Platinum trim includes LED headlights. Wheel sizes for the SUV range from 18 inches at the entry level to 20 inches for top tier trims.
Interior Style in the 2019 Nissan Murano
The 2019 Nissan Murano's dashboard, gauges, and switchgear remain the same. The interior finishes have been upgraded for a fresh look.
Specifically, the three most affordable Nissan Murano models can be had with a new silver interior trim package. The SV and SL mid-range models adopt a wood-like trim offering, while the Platinum edition adds a darker version of the same. Leather seating in the Murano Platinum mimics the upholstery found in the Maxima sedan with its upscale quilted pattern.
You can fit five passengers inside the two-row Nissan Murano with ease. The driving position is high and comfortable, with a good view of the road ahead. Fold down the rear seat, and you're looking at 70 cubic feet of cargo space. This is about average for the class, with enough room for bicycles, sports gear, or big-box store purchases. With the back seat in place there is still plenty of space for luggage and groceries. LATCH attachments for child seats are standard.
You’ll notice how quiet the Nissan Murano is inside compared to many other midsize SUVs. The Platinum trim level creates a cabin that feels in step with the higher price point of the model. Only the older look of some of the infotainment controls reminds you that the Murano hasn't been completely redesigned in a few years. You may also have trouble finding enough storage up front for all of your devices, small bags, or purses.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Nissan Murano?
The 2019 Nissan Murano provides a strong set of technology features, especially with regards to safety. This makes it competitive with other, newer SUV designs that it competes against.
The 2019 Nissan Murano comes standard with:
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Voice recognition
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Keyless entry
The 2019 Nissan Murano can be ordered with the following tech equipment:
- Navigation system
- Bose audio with 11 speakers
- HD satellite radio
- Top-down camera
- Remote starter
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Nissan Murano?
The 2019 Nissan Murano's set of standard safety features is fairly strong. Standard equipment includes forward-collision alert with automatic braking. This warns you of a possible impact, and if you don’t react fast enough it will apply the brakes for you. Another standard feature is a driver drowsiness monitor, which alerts you if the system detects that you’re drowsy or distracted.
Additional available safety equipment, part of the Nissan Safety Shield suite of technology includes:
- Adaptive cruise control: This system keeps a safe distance between the Murano and the vehicle ahead of it on the highway. Note that unlike some of its competitors, this system does not offer stop-and-go functionality.
- Rear cross-traffic alert: This can detect and warn you about vehicles approaching from either side as you back up.
- Blind spot monitoring: This system keeps an eye on the road on both sides of the vehicle for any traffic you might have missed.
- Automatic high beams: This feature dims the headlights in the presence of other vehicles.
- Lane-departure warning and lane-keeping assistance: This technology will alert you should the SUV stray from its lane. It can also help steer the vehicle back between the lane markings.
- Pedestrian automatic braking: This feature adds pedestrian detection to the vehicle's automatic braking system.
Most of these features are available on the Nissan Murano by the time you get to the SL trim level. It's worth noting, however, that you'll have to add packages to snag all of these systems unless you order the Platinum trim.
What is the 2019 Nissan Murano Like to drive?
In a world where most midsize SUVs are moving to turbocharged four-cylinder engines, the standard V6 in the 2019 Nissan Murano stands out. Power delivery feels lively and responsive, although the vehicle isn't especially quick. Still, it's definitely more than anyone would need for their daily commute.
All-wheel-drive models are especially adept at dealing with snow and ice. They offer a natural feel in low-traction conditions that is lacking from some SUVs.
The CVT drivetrain can contribute to engine noise when the Nissan Murano is driven hard. You most likely won't want to push the vehicle all that much, as its suspension is designed more for comfort than performance. This is perfectly in keeping with the family-oriented SUV's design.
Long or short road trips are a breeze in the Murano. But if you want a more athletic people mover, or serious off-road ability, you would do well to look elsewhere.
Should I Buy a 2019 Nissan Murano?
The 2019 Nissan Murano is a good choice if you care about exterior styling, overall ride comfort, and an affordable purchase price in a practical SUV package. It's also noteworthy for its strong safety equipment, although you'll have to pay more to get all of its advanced features.
Should I buy a Used Nissan Murano? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The Nissan Murano was most recently redesigned for the 2015 model year. Even in terms of appearance it is quite similar to the 2019 edition. You will notice fewer safety features and a slightly less impressive interior on older models. There was also a hybrid version briefly available. Overall, the right used Nissan Murano can be a good value.
How Much Does the New 2019 Nissan Murano Cost?
The 2019 Nissan Murano starts at $32,315. The Nissan Murano Platinum with all-wheel drive will cost you $46,175. Prices include a destination charge of $1,045.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Nissan Murano
- Stylish inside and out
- Advanced safety equipment available
- Comfortable ride
- Respectable V6 power
- Capable all-wheel-drive system
- Not all safety equipment is standard
- Controls and infotainment starting to show their age
- Platinum trim pricing bumps up against premium brands
- No third row of seating available
The History of the Nissan Murano: 16 years of Murano
The Nissan Murano first appeared as a 2003 model and was immediately a strong seller for the automaker. Designed and built entirely in North America, the Murano has offered a V6 and a CVT drivetrain right from the start. Over the years it has been redesigned three times, with notable models including a hybrid edition as well as a rare two-door convertible called the Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Nissan Murano
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 3.5L DOHC 24-Valve V6
- 260 hp
- Xtronic Continuously Variable (CVT)
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.5L DOHC 24-Valve V6
- Transmission: Xtronic Continuously Variable (CVT)
- 4.667 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 5,110 lbs
- Transmission w/Oil Cooler
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 63-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 130 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Hydraulic Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 19 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 18" Machined Aluminum-Alloy
- Tires: 235/65R18 AS
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Chrome Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Chrome Bumper Insert
- Chrome Bodyside Insert, Black Bodyside Cladding and Black Wheel Well Trim
- Chrome Side Windows Trim, Black Front Windshield Trim and Black Rear Window Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA Audio System -inc: 6 speakers, auxiliary audio input jack, SiriusXM satellite radio, NissanConnect featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, 8" color display w/multi-touch control, 2 front illuminated USB connection ports (1 type-A, 1 type-C) for iPod interface and other compatible devices, Bluetooth hands-free phone system, streaming audio via Bluetooth, hands-free text-messaging assistant and 2 rear illuminated USB charge ports (1 type-A, 1 type-C)
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Window Grid And Roof Mount Diversity Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: 6-way manual driver's seat and 4-way manual front passenger's seat
- Front Seats w/Cloth Back Material and Manual Driver Lumbar
- 2-Way Driver Seat -inc: Manual Lumbar Support
- Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look/Piano Black Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look Console Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Windows
- Integrated Navigation System w/Voice Activation
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag and Rear Side-Impact Airbag
- Childseat Sensor and Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- RearView Monitor Back-Up Camera