Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Low starting price
- Good gas mileage
- Sporty exterior
- Ample cargo space
2019 Nissan Kicks: Everything You Need to Know
About the Model
The 2019 Nissan Kicks is a subcompact crossover SUV known for its sporty exterior and fuel efficiency. It was introduced in 2018 as the successor to the Nissan Juke subcompact crossover. The Kicks rates as an economical, whimsical car with ample interior, cargo space and distinct style.
The Nissan Kicks packs safety features, connectivity options, and other options into a low starting price. Nissan designed its smallest SUV for buyers looking for expressive styling, personal technology, smart functionality and advanced safety features at an affordable price.
What’s New in the 2019 Nissan Kicks?
Since debuting in 2018, the Nissan Kicks has few changes for its second model year. The 2019 Nissan Kicks runs on a 122-horsepower, 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine paired with a continuously variable transmission and front-wheel drive.
The Kicks comes in three trims:
S: The base model comes with 7-inch touchscreen display, Bluetooth, and Siri Eyes Free. All models have rearview monitor, manual adjustable seats, and a split-folding rear seat. The S trim has 16-inch steel tires, push button ignition, and remote keyless entry.
SV: The SV trim adds Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and the NissanConnect infotainment system with a 7-inch touchscreen display. All models come with blind spot warning and rear cross traffic alerts and remote start.
SR: The top-of-the-line SR model comes with options for luxury features. These include a leather wrapped steering wheel and gear shift, sporty cloth trim with orange accents, and Prima-tex faux leather with orange stitching and heated front seats.
It’s well worth upgrading to the SV for the connectivity alone.
What Does the 2019 Nissan Kicks Compete With?
Like most of its rivals, the 2019 Nissan Kicks boasts fuel efficiency, ample cargo room, and a lively, distinctive silhouette. The subcompact crossover handles well and offers a smooth ride. But the Kicks’ small engine can hamper acceleration.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Nissan Kicks
The 2019 Nissan Kicks has a sleek look and distinctive lines. These are enhanced by an array of color options. There’s a wide array of metallic colors available. A youthful two-tone color scheme is also offered in a variety of hues.
Base models offer roof rails, power mirrors, multi-reflector headlights, and 16-inch wheels. The SR trim adds a rear spoiler, 17-inch alloy wheels, fog lights, chrome grille, heated outside mirrors, and LED headlights.
Interior Style in the 2019 Nissan Kicks
The 2019 Nissan Kicks offers a comfortable ride despite its tight quarters. The subcompact crossover can seat five but is most comfortable with four. Cloth upholstery is standard, and SR trim buyers can upgrade to Prima-Tex faux leather. The flat-bottomed steering wheel returns more legroom to the driver. Rear-split folding rear seats offer more cargo room.
The 2019 Nissan Kicks has two sets of LATCH attachments in the rear seats and an upper tether in the middle of the rear seat. The system received the highest possible rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
The trunk holds two large suitcases and a few carry-on bags. The cabin includes two cup holders in the front and four bottle holders in the doors. The interior also includes storage space in seatback pockets, a glovebox, and a small compartment in the center console. The Kicks’ large windows and low beltline provide expansive visibility with minimal blind spots.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Nissan Kicks?
The 2019 Nissan Kicks packs an impressive array of technology features into its small footprint and low starting price.
All models come equipped with:
- An easy to use, 7-inch touchscreen
- Three USB ports
- Siri Eyes Free
- A six-speaker sound system
Buyers can upgrade to the NissanConnect infotainment system. A Wi-Fi hot spot, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity, satellite radio, and an eight-speaker Bose sound system are also options.
Available technology features in the 2019 Nissan Kicks include:
- NissanConnect infotainment system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
- Nissan Intelligent Key and remote engine startup
- SiriusXM radio
- Eight-speaker Bose audio system
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Nissan Kicks?
Standard safety features in all models include front, side, and driver side knee airbags, three point seatbelts, and LATCH system.
Upgraded models include blind spot, rear cross alerts, and a 7-inch driver assist display. The SR model offers an expanded view around the car.
What is the 2019 Nissan Kicks like to drive?
The 2019 Nissan Kicks’ underpowered engine can produce lag, but the subcompact offers a smooth ride and handles well. The subcompact crossover’s continuously variable transmission (CVT) shifts smoothly.
Adults will find plenty of head-, leg- and elbowroom in each row, and the front seats provide enough comfort for long drives. Upholstery ranges from sport-styled cloth seats to leatherette. Buyers can also opt for heated front seats and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. The Kicks features a comfortable, basic cabin with plenty of storage nooks. The five-passenger subcompact crossover features sleek, modern design with some hard plastic surfaces.
Should I Buy a 2019 Nissan Kicks?
If you are looking for a fuel efficient and budget friendly car, a 2019 Nissan Kicks is a good choice. Its engine is a little light and acceleration sluggish. But it offers excellent fuel economy, ample cargo space, and lots of extras.
The interior is roomy enough to fit 4 adults and is a fairly comfortable ride. Upgrading to the SV or SR option provides more safety and connectivity features. If you are looking for good quality car at a reasonable price, the 2019 Nissan Kicks is a great option.
Should I buy a Used Nissan Kicks? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The 2019 Nissan Kicks is similar to the previous model year, so purchasing a 2018 model provides the same quality and value at a lower price. The Kicks succeeded the Nissan Juke if you’re looking for an older model. But there may be compromises on features offered. How Much Does the 2019 Nissan Kicks Cost? The 2019 Nissan Kicks starts at $18,540 for the S trim, $20,250 for the SV trim, and $20,870 for the SR trim.
The 2019 Nissan Kicks is a budget-friendly car with a smooth ride and the latest infotainment technology is available. It offers great fuel efficiency and sizable cargo space. Plenty of single and two-tone color choices enhances its sleek design. The interior offers comfortable seating, plenty of room, easy to access controls, and a 60/40 split-folding rear seat.
If you are looking for a quality car for city driving, commuting, or short trips, the 2019 Nissan Kicks is a safe bet.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Reasonable price
- Great fuel economy
- Spacious cargo area
- Keyless entry on SV and SR models
- Attractive, fun two-tone color schemes
- Handles well
- Small engine
- Slower acceleration
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are offered on upgraded models only
- No option for all-wheel drive
The History of the Nissan Kicks: Brand New Kicks
Nissan debuted the Nissan Kicks at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show as a sub-$20,000 compact crossover to feast on a growing appetite in the U.S. for small, affordable utility vehicles. As the new gateway to the brand, Kicks succeeded Nissan’s Juke subcompact crossover, which was produced for six years.
Starting below $19,000, the entry-level 2018 Nissan Kicks challenges popular crossovers such as the Honda HR-V and Kia Soul. The Kicks is Nissan’s first new nameplate in eight years.
Now in its second year, the Nissan Kicks is a popular car choice for its high fuel efficiency. Its reasonable price appeals to style-conscious buyers.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 1.6L DOHC 16V 4-Cylinder
- 122 hp
- Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable)
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 1.6L DOHC 16V 4-Cylinder
- Transmission: Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable)
- 3.927 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 3,583 lbs
- Front-Wheel Drive
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 120 Amp Alternator
- 750# Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Steering
- 10.8 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Torsion Beam Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 16" Steel w/Full Covers
- Tires: 205/60R16 AS
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Black Rear Bumper
- Black Bodyside Cladding and Black Wheel Well Trim
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Black Door Handles
- Black Power Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Accents
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Intelligent Auto Headlights (i-Ah) Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Halogen Headlamps
- Radio: AM/FM Audio System -inc: 7" color touchscreen display w/6 speakers, Bluetooth hands-free phone system, streaming audio via Bluetooth, Siri eyes free, audio and Bluetooth steering wheel switches and 3 USB ports (2 charge only)
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack and Voice Activation
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: 6-way manual driver's seat and 4-way manual front passenger's seat
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Sport Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Cargo Access and Mechanical Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- Illuminated Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look/Piano Black Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Piano Black Console Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Cloth Door Trim Insert
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors
- Full Floor Console w/Storage and 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- Instrument Panel Bin, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Trip Computer
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Driver And Front Passenger Armrests
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Engine Immobilizer
- 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Air Filtration
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- RearView Monitor Back-Up Camera