Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Compact and maneuverable
- Fuel efficient
- Reasonably priced
- Powerful turbocharged engine
2017 Nissan Juke: Everything You Need to Know
About the 2017 Nissan Juke:
When it launched, the Nissan Juke showcased a unique, distinct, futuristic style. Nissan discontinued its smallest crossover after 2017. It replaced the Juke with the subcompact crossover Kicks.
The Juke runs on a 1.6-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 188 horsepower. The curvaceous subcompact’s shape is complemented by vivid colors tailored to the youthful driver interested in standing out from the herd.
Though its suspension can feel rough, the Juke performs with agility and handles well on the road. The base model lacked the array of safety features found in rival subcompacts. But it included several advanced technology features unusual for the segment. These included Bluetooth and Siri Eyes Free. Nissan also offered plenty of upgrades to improve cabin comfort, including leather upholstery.
What’s New in the 2017 Nissan Juke?
The Nissan Juke was discontinued in 2017 after six years in production. Nissan made heated seats and outside mirrors standard in upper trims. Few other changes were made for the last model year.
- S: The base 2017 Nissan Juke is powered by a 1.6-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine paired with a continuously variable transmission to deliver 188 horsepower. All models come with 17-inch alloy wheels, a rearview camera, a 60-40 split-folding rear seat, Bluetooth, a six-speaker stereo system and a 5-inch color display screen.
- SV: The SV trim adds a power moonroof, automatic climate control, selectable drive modes to optimize performance or fuel efficiency. Heated mirrors, rear privacy glass, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, heated front seats and upgraded cabin materials are also on the SV.
- SL: SL comes with automatic headlights, leather upholstery, a 5.8-inch display with navigation and voice recognition, Nissan’s AroundView bird’s-eye rearview monitor, and a Rockford Fosgate audio system.
- Nismo: The Juke’s performance-oriented model featurs 18-inch alloy wheels, a sportier front grille, and synthetic suede seat trim.
- Nismo RS: The Juke’s sportiest version comes with a more powerful version of the Juke’s 1.6-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine to deliver 215 horsepower. A six-speed manual transmission is standard. Buyers can opt for all-wheel drive and a continuously variable transmission. The Nismo RS includes Recaro front bucket seats, a limited-slip differential, sport brakes and a tuned exhaust for one of the most dynamic performances in its class.
What Does the 2017 Nissan Juke Compete With?
- Buick Encore
- Kia Niro
- Mazda CX-3
- Hyundai Veloster
- Chevrolet Trax
- Honda HR-V
- Jeep Renegade
- MINI Cooper Countryman
The 2017 Nissan Juke is priced higher than rivals but provides less standard equipment.
The nameplate is known for quick acceleration, athletic handling, and responsive steering.
Exterior Design of the 2017 Nissan Juke
The 2017 Nissan Juke’s body has a unique, edgy design. The contour and lines of the car give it a futuristic look ahead of the curve.
A wide variety of bright color choices can be mixed and matched for maximum effect. Standard features include LED daytime running lights and turning indicators, fog lights, and halogen projector headlights.
Interior Style in the 2017 Nissan Juke
The seats are composed of a soft cloth material accented with vibrant colors. Top trims get leather accents, heated front seats, a moonroof and automatic climate control.
The Juke’s front seats are manually adjustable giving reasonable head- and legroom. Adults sitting in the back row may feel cramped. The subcompact SUV comes with two LATCH attachments. These are rated poorly due to minimal space in the back.
The infotainment buttons are accessible from the driver’s side but can’t be reached as easily from the passenger’s side.
The trunk space is small compared with other cars of this size. The cargo hold’s wide opening makes it easy to load. The rear seats fold down for additional space but probably won’t accommodate a bike or surfboard. A hidden compartment at the bottom of the trunk can store
a toolbox or spare tire. The cabin contains a small compartment in the console to store a phone and set of keys. The Juke has two cup holders.
What Technology Comes in the 2017 Nissan Juke?
All 2017 Nissan Juke models come equipped with an array of standard technology now typical for the segment. Features include:
- USB port
- Siri Eyes Free
- Push-button start
- 5-inch color display
- Hands-free text messaging
- Six-speaker audio system
Higher trims come with the following:
- 5.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite radio
- Voice recognition
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2017 Nissan Juke?
The 2017 Nissan Juke does not come with many standard safety features or options. All models come equipped with airbags and a rearview camera. A 360-degree camera is available.
Popular options for rivals include forward collision alert, pre-collision braking and adaptive cruise control. None of these new technologies are available on the Juke.
What is the 2017 Nissan Juke like to drive?
The 2017 Nissan Juke offers a pleasant drive with athletic handling, zippy acceleration and responsive steering. The suspension feels stiff at times, making small bumps in the road noticeable. With carlike-handling, the five-passenger subcompact SUV could tackle tight corners with agility.
The upgraded, turbocharged engine in the top-of-the-line, performance-oriented Nismo RS trim provides one of the sportiest rides in the segment. It adds superior braking power, upgrades to the steering and suspension, and 37 horsepower over the base model.
Front and side visibility is clear due to the placement of the subcompact SUV’s pillars. The back-up camera provides extra coverage for blind spots. The cabin can feel noisy on rougher roads, but is fairly quiet at highway speeds.
The Juke achieves stellar fuel economy, delivering 32 mpg on the highway and 28 mpg around town. It requires premium fuel, which could negate any savings at the pump.
Should I Buy a 2017 Nissan Juke?
If minimal cargo space, limited legroom in the back, and a lack of advanced safety options aren’t game changers for you, the 2017 Nissan Juke may be a good choice. It offers a fast and fun ride. Its futuristic design and quick acceleration turn heads as you drive down the street. Affordably priced and reasonably comfortable, the 2017 Nissan Juke is a solid choice.
Should I Buy a Used Nissan Juke? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The Nissan Juke was discontinued after the 2017 model year. If you are in the market for a Nissan Juke, consider purchasing a later model made between 2015 and 2017. The 2015 model received updates to its grille and tail and added projector headlights.
How Much Does the 2017 Nissan Juke Cost?
The 2017 Nissan Juke ranged in price from $23,490 for the base model to $41,490 for the Nismo RS.
The 2017 Nissan Juke could be a wise choice as an affordable crossover with quick acceleration and nimble handling. Look for a model in good condition with upgraded options.
Pros and Cons of the 2017 Nissan JUKE
- Dynamic handling
- Eye-catching design
- Powerful turbocharged engine
- Maneuverable in tight space
- Small cargo space
- Cramped backseat
- Rough ride
- Requires premium fuel
- No Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
The History of 2017 Nissan Juke: Seven years of Nissan Juke
The Nissan Juke was introduced in 2010 as a funky subcompact crossover designed to appeal to younger, urban-dwelling customers. Over the years, the Juke gained a following for its edgy, unorthodox look. Nissan expanded the SUV’s trim levels from three to five and increased its technology offerings.
The 2017 Nissan Juke was the last model manufactured before Nissan discontinued production. The carmaker replaced the Juke with the Nissan Kicks, another small SUV known for its impressive fuel efficiency. Rumor has it Nissan will reintroduce the next-generation Juke in 2020.
Specs & Key Features of the 2017 Nissan JUKE
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 1.6L 16-Valve DOHC I4
- 188 hp
- Xtronic CVT
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LED Lights
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 1.6L 16-Valve DOHC I4 -inc: Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG) Turbo
- Transmission: Xtronic CVT -inc: manual shift mode and D-step simulated gearing
- Axle Ratio: 5.694
- GVWR: 3,968 lbs
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 62-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 110 Amp Alternator
- 915# Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 13.2 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Torsion Beam Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs and Brake Assist
- Wheels: 17" Aluminum Alloy
- Tires: P215/55R17 AS
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Black Fender Flares
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Accents
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Auto Off Projector Beam Halogen Headlamps
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: AM/FM/CD/Aux-In Audio System -inc: 5" color display, USB connection port for iPod interface and other compatible devices, Bluetooth hands-free phone system, streaming audio via Bluetooth, hands-free text messaging assistance and Siri eyes free
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- 6 Speakers
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: 6-way adjustable driver seat, 4-way adjustable front passenger seat and height adjustable front head restraints
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look/Piano Black Instrument Panel Insert, Body-Colored Door Panel Insert, Body-Colored/Metal-Look Console Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Cloth Door Trim Insert
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors
- Full Floor Console w/Storage and 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Space Lights
- Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- RearView Monitor Back-Up Camera