Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- 5.6-liter V8 engine
- Available dual-range four-wheel-drive
- Standard advanced driver assistance
- Seating for eight passengers
Nissan Armada: Everything You Need to Know
About the Nissan Armada:
The Nissan Armada is a full-size SUV. It offers seating for up to eight passengers in three rows. The Armada uses a traditional truck-based ladder frame as its chassis, unlike smaller SUVs. Nissan equips every Armada with a 5.6-liter V8 engine and a seven-speed automatic transmission. Truck-style dual-range four-wheel-drive is optional. The Armada’s truck-based design allows it to carry over 1,000 pounds, and tow up to 8,500 pounds.
The Armada is available in four different trims, ranging from the economy SV to the prestigious Platinum Reserve. Higher trim levels include better dashboard technology and luxury interior features. This SUV is a solid choice for families and organizations that need to transport people in comfort.
What’s New in the Current 2019 Nissan Armada?
The Armada was last redesigned for the 2017 model year, so changes for 2019 are few with the exception of new advanced driver assistance features. All 2019 Armada trims offer:
- 5.6-liter V8 engine rated at 390 horsepower and 394 pound-feet of torque.
- Seven-speed automatic transmission with optional four-wheel-drive.
- Seating for eight passengers in three rows.
- Standard rear door alert.
- Standard adaptive cruise control.
- Standard automatic emergency braking.
- Standard intelligent forward collision warning.
What Does the Nissan Armada Compete With?
The Armada competes in a small field of full-size SUVs, including:
In this part of the SUV market, buyers value:
- Towing and load-carrying capability.
- Seating for eight passengers.
- Advanced driver assistance and safety technology.
Full-size SUV buyers in this group are also price-conscious. Efficient family or group transportation tends to be more important than luxury.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Nissan Armada
As a truck-based vehicle, the Armada shows its working heritage, but it is not as blocky and square as some competing models. The Armada is substantial, without seeming too big. The standard roof rails are functional if additional external storage is needed.
Standard exterior design features on the 2019 Armada include:
- Automatic LED headlights with halogen high beams.
- Signature LED daytime running lights.
- Rear combination lights with standard LED taillights.
- Roof rails (220-pound weight rating).
- Running boards.
- Class IV trailer hitch receiver.
- Auto-closing liftgate.
- Noise-reducing acoustic glass on windshield and front side windows.
- Privacy glass on side, back and rear windows.
- Four standard exterior colors: Hermosa Blue Pearl, Gun Metallic, Super Black, and Brilliant Silver Metallic.
Interior Style in the 2019 Nissan Armada
The 2019 Armada interior trim ranges from basic black cloth to custom-stitched two-tone leather, depending on the model. The standard second-row includes a bench seat with belts for three passengers and LATCH attachments for child car seats. In all trims above the base SV, the bench seat may be replaced with twin captain’s chairs. The third-row is a bench seat with seating for three.
A second-row bench seat brings total seating to eight passengers, while second-row captain’s chairs reduce the Armada’s capacity to seven. The Armada is large enough to accommodate three people comfortably in the second and third rows.
The Armada is generous with amenities, including twelve cup and bottle holders across the three rows. Zone climate control is standard on all trims, as is a Homelink transceiver to connect a garage door opener.
The interior materials are generally attractive. However, the Armada still uses hard plastic designed to look like burl wood in most models. The top Platinum Reserve model replaces it with much nicer high gloss piano black trim.
The Armada offers generous cargo capacity. Armada owners get 16.5 cubic feet behind the third row, 49.9 cubic feet behind the second row, and up to 95.4 cubic feet with all the rear seats down. That’s enough to carry day packs for all eight passengers, or weekend luggage for five people.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Nissan Armada?
Every Armada comes with a premium thirteen-speaker Bose audio system and GPS navigation as standard equipment. That puts this SUV ahead of the pack for infotainment. Nissan pairs the Bose audio with a standard 8.0-inch color touchscreen. The system includes a CD player, satellite radio support, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant services. Drivers can control all of these features with voice commands.
A second-row entertainment system is standard on Platinum and Platinum Reserve trims. It includes a 7.0-inch screen on the back of each front seat, and two sets of wireless headphones. The two screens can be used independently.
Missing from the Armada is support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. However, a Nissan app allows drivers to perform the following functions:
- Remote lock/unlock.
- Remote engine start.
- Remove horn and lights activation.
- Parked car finder.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Nissan Armada?
Nissan has added a solid package of advanced safety features to the 2019 Armada this year. New standard features include:
- Adaptive cruise control.
- Intelligent forward collision warning.
- Automatic emergency braking.
The following features are standard on Platinum and Platinum Reserve trims, and optional on lower models:
- Lane departure warning and lane change intervention.
- Blind spot monitoring and intervention.
- Backup intervention.
- 360-degree camera system.
- Camera-based rearview mirror.
The Nissan Armada earned four out of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
What is the 2019 Nissan Armada Like to Drive?
The Nissan Armada drives like a large SUV. It offers plenty of power, and a well-tuned suspension. The springs are firm enough that the SUV does not wallow in corners, but soft enough to provide a smooth and quiet ride. A self-leveling rear suspension is standard, which helps with trailering.
The size and weight of Armada have to be considered when driving, but the SUV is predictable and responsive. Fuel economy is about average for large SUVs at 14-mpg city and 19-mpg highway.
One place where the Armada really shines is off-road. The optional four-wheel-drive system includes an automatic mode that engages the front wheels as needed. When in four-wheel-drive, drivers can choose normal range gear ratios or low-speed ratios for difficult terrain. With the right tires, the Armada is a capable off-road vehicle.
Should I Buy a Current 2019 Nissan Armada?
The Nissan Armada has been on the market for fifteen years with only minor updates, and is known as a reliable vehicle. It is priced competitively with similar SUVs, and undercuts most competitors in base trim. The Nissan Armada is widely considered to be a good value for a large SUV.
Should I buy a Used Nissan Armada? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
Nissan produced the original Armada from 2004-‘16. The first generation is substantially the same as the current model when it comes to mechanical features. If you’re looking for a bargain on a pre-owned model, an older Armada can be a great choice.
The new body style was released as a 2017 model. The second generation offers a lot more technology and advanced features. These Armadas are just starting to hit the pre-owned market. Consider a certified pre-owned 2017 or 2018 Armada as your best value options.
How Much Does the New 2019 Nissan Armada Cost?
The Nissan Armada starts at $46,790 for the rear-wheel-drive SV trim. The mid-grade SL trim starts at $51,590. Moving into luxury territory, the Platinum trim jumps to $59,690, and the top Platinum Reserve trim sells for $62,690.
Adding four-wheel-drive to any trim level is an extra $3,000. A destination and handling fee of $1,395 is applied to all Armada sales.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Nissan Armada
- Great new advanced driver assistance package
- Best-in-class horsepower from 5.6-liter V8 engine
- Capable four-wheel-drive system
- Sturdy construction for towing and hauling.
- Good selection of trim levels and prices
- Luxury full-size SUVs not much more expensive
- Many features available only with top trim levels
- No support for Android Auto or Apple CarPlay
The History of the Nissan Armada: Bigger is Better
Nissan has been building the Armada since the 2004 model year. From 2004-‘16, the Armada shared a factory in Canton, Mississippi with the closely related Nissan Titan full-size pickup. In 2017, production of the second-generation Armada moved to Yukuhashi, Japan. The Armada is currently produced alongside the world-market Nissan Patrol.
All years of the Armada use Nissan’s reliable 5.6-liter engine. From 2004-‘2016, Armadas used a five-speed automatic transmission. For 2017 models, it was upgraded to a seven-speed automatic. Dual-range four-wheel-drive has always been available as an option, with rear-wheel-drive as standard.
Sales in the United States have been solid, growing from 10,000 to about 30,000 units per year over the last ten years. 2019 sales are on track to break 30,000 units.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Nissan Armada
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 5.6L V8
- 390 hp
- 7-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 5.6L V8
- Transmission: 7-Speed Automatic -inc: manual mode and synchronized rev control
- Axle Ratio: 2.94
- GVWR: 7,300 lbs
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 70-Amp/Hr 650CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 150 Amp Alternator
- Class IV Towing Equipment -inc: Hitch
- 1 Skid Plate
- 1724lbs. Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Rear Auto-Leveling Suspension
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 26 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Double Wishbone Rear Suspension w/Air Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Brake Actuated Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 18" Alloy
- Tires: P265/70R18 All-Season
- Wheels w/Painted Accents
- Aluminum Spare Wheel
- Full-Size Spare Tire Stored Underbody w/Crankdown
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/1 Tow Hook
- Body-Colored Rear Step Bumper w/1 Tow Hook
- Colored Fender Flares
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Flip-Up Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Running Boards
- Chrome Grille
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low Beam Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Radio: AM/FM/SXM/CD/MP3/HD -inc: 13-speaker Bose audio system, Nissan Connect w/navigation and services, Nissan navigation system w/enhanced voice recognition, 8" color display w/multi-touch control, SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link w/3 years complimentary trial access, NissanConnect services powered by SiriusXM, Bluetooth hands-free phone system and 2 USB connection ports for iPod interface and other compatible devices
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Voice Activation and DVD-Audio
- Regular Amplifier
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: 10-way power adjustable driver's seat including 2-way power lumbar and 8-way power adjustable passenger seat including 2-way power lumbar
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- 6-Way Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Flip Forward Cushion/Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Voltmeter, Oil Pressure, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- NissanConnect Selective Service Internet Access
- Fixed 60-40 Split-Bench 3rd Row Seat Front, Manual Recline, Manual Fold Into Floor, 2 Manual and Adjustable Head Restraints
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Distance Pacing
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Headliner/Pillar Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Simulated Wood/Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Simulated Wood Door Panel Insert, Simulated Wood/Metal-Look Console Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Cloth Door Trim Insert
- Leather Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Locking Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Windows
- NissanConnect Services Tracker System
- Instrument Panel Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins and Audio Media Storage
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 1 Seatback Storage Pocket
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- NissanConnect Services Emergency Sos
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Intelligent Forward Collision Warning with AEB
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st, 2nd And 3rd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- RearView Monitor Back-Up Camera