Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Roof down driving excitement
- Powerful and great-sounding engine
- Backed by Nissan reliability and customer service
- Classic and aggressive design
- Spirited handling
- Competitive prices
The 2019 Nissan 370Z is the result of 10 years’ worth of design and engineering refinement. Nissan engineers have had a decade to search out the car flaws and track down its gremlins, which means that the latest and greatest Z offers sports car buyers a winning combination of driving thrills and day-to-day practicality.
When you view the road from behind the wheel of a new Nissan 370Z coupe or roadster, it becomes clear very quickly that you're sitting in a true sports car. The seating position is low like it is on the 2019 Nissan GT-R, and every dial and switch is exactly where you would want it to be. While the coupe may offer a purer driving experience, the roadster allows you to lower the top and truly enjoy the sound of a naturally aspirated V6.
Nissan’s sixth-generation Z car has 50 years of heritage to draw on, and reviews of the car suggest that drivers feel the benefits of this history during every drive. The 370Z is shorter and wider than the vehicle it replaced for more precise handling, the view from the driver's seat is more focused, and the lightweight materials building the body wrings every last ounce of power from its muscular V6. This is the same design philosophy that produced the breathtaking GT-R.
What Trim Levels are Available on the Nissan 370Z Roadster?
The current Nissan model line includes 2019 370Z Roadsters in base, Touring, and Sport Touring trim. The focus here is on driving excitement and the roadster experience with low seats and a tachometer mounted in the middle of the instrument panel.
Nissan 370Z Roadster Equipment Designed to Enhance Driving Pleasure
The new Nissan 370Z isn't basic or uncomfortable to drive. Nissan even equips the base model with a seven-speed automatic transmission, automatic climate control, Bluetooth, and power locks and windows. All roadsters feature a button on the driver’s door that drops the convertible roof in about 20 seconds.
Moving up to the next Nissan 370Z trim level upgrades the stereo to a Bose system with six speakers, two subwoofers, and active noise cancellation. Other features of the Touring model include:
- A navigation system with a 7-inch touchscreen display
- Facebook and Twitter access through Nissan Connect
- SiriusXM satellite radio
- Leather-trimmed seats
- HomeLink remote control transmitter
Drivers feel the benefits of opting for the Touring Sport trim level when they push the 370Z roadster to the max. This equipment level adds a limited slip differential at the rear for more precise handling as well as 19-inch forged wheels for better grip. The front and rear brakes are also improved with forged pistons, aluminum calipers, and vented discs.
Drivers who search for the ultimate performance Nissan 370Z and are willing to give up a folding roof can choose a 2018 or 2019 370Z coupe with the outrageous Nismo trim package. A tuned suspension and sweeping aerodynamic ground effects package make the Nismo model feel at home on even the most demanding track. Its appearance will get onlookers reaching for their cameras to snap pictures to post on Facebook and Twitter.
The 370Z Heritage Edition is another option for drivers who would be happy with a coupe. Launched in 2018, the Heritage Edition package is available in Pearl White, Magnetic Black, or Deep Blue Pearl with yellow interior accents and distinctive exterior graphics.
Is the Nissan 370Z Roadster Fast?
Nissan provides power in all trim levels with the rugged and reliable VQ DOHC V6 engine. The lightweight aluminum power plant displaces 3.7 liters and produces 332 horsepower at 7,000 rpm and 270 feet-pounds of torque at 5,200 rpm.
The Nissan 370Z Is a True Sports Car
While a little long in the tooth, the VQ makes up for its advanced age with cutting-edge technology such as iridium-tipped spark plugs, an electronic drive-by-wire throttle, and direct injection. This is enough to propel a new 370Z Roadster's 3,500 or so pounds to 60 mph in the blistering time of five seconds. The car reaches the quarter mile in an equally impressive time of less than 14 seconds.
The Nissan 370Z is as easy to drive around town as it is ferocious on the open road thanks to its low-range torque and variable speed-sensitive power steering.
While purists may feel disappointment by the news that a traditional manual transmission isn't available on the Roadster model, the seven-speed auto does offer paddle shifters for a manual sport mode, and it features rev matching during downshifts. Drivers unwilling to settle for an auto must do without the wind in their hair and search out a 370Z coupe instead.
Is the Nissan 370Z Roadster Practical and Safe?
A two-seat convertible is never going to be the most practical vehicle in the world, but the 370Z Roadster does a good job of making up for its limited 4.2 cubic feet of trunk space with a host of storage bins and pockets in the cabin. The trunk is small because the folding soft top takes up so much space.
Performance Over Luxury
Limited cargo capacity is the price convertible drivers pay to see and feel the world rush by, but what 370Z owners give up in space and practicality, they more than make up for in style. This is a new vehicle that you can take pictures of to post on social media and that you take out for a drive just to view the world and attract attention. The coupe also looks great with Nismo trim front and rear ground effects.
Nissan engineers the 2018 and 2019 370Z Roadsters to deliver performance rather than luxury at an affordable price, but the good news is that they still boast a host of advanced safety features that give their drivers the confidence they need to really enjoy the available 332 horsepower. Safety features offered on all current 370Z Roadster models include:
- Front- and side-mounted airbags
- Seat belt and occupant sensors
- Traction control
- Stability control
- Active head restraints
- Anti-lock brakes
- Steel door beams
- A collapsible steering column
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Nissan 370Z Roadster
- Naturally aspirated six-cylinder engine that produces 332 horsepower
- Timeless looks and a legendary badge
- Less expensive and faster than many of its rivals
- Product of a decade’s worth of research and development
- Body style is now a decade old
- Convertible is only offered with an automatic transmission
- Luggage space is extremely limited
- Interior contains lots of hard plastic
In the late 1960s, Nissan was struggling to make a name for itself on the world stage. The president of Nissan USA thought that an affordable and good-looking sports car would attract attention, and the legendary 240Z was the result of his bright idea. The car went on to flood Nissan dealers with customers, garner worldwide acclaim, and secure Nissan's future.
Using parts from existing Nissan models kept costs low, and the resulting combination of affordability, looks, and performance led to sales reaching 50,000 cars by 1971. Sales improved even further when Nissan launched the next Z car in 1978. Reviews of the new car were extremely positive, and Motor Trend crowned the 280Z its Import Car of the Year.
Nissan won another Import Car of the Year award in 1990 when it launched the fourth generation Z, and the news got even better for Nissan when Road & Track magazine named the new Z one of the 10 best cars in the world.
Nissan Z models have also been very successful on the track with several IMSA and SCCA championships. Paul Newman was so impressed with the Z car he raced that he agreed to promote the brand in a series of television commercials.
Many auto manufacturers have turned away from sports cars in recent years due to high development and service costs, but Nissan remains loyal to the legions of 370Z Roadster fans around the world and has vowed that the model has a bright future.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Nissan 370Z Roadster
- Body Style
- 3.7L V6
- 332 hp
- 7-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.7L V6 -inc: Variable Valve Event and Lift (VVEL)
- Transmission: 7-Speed Automatic
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 3.36 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 62-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 150 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Hydraulic Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 19 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs and Brake Assist
- 18" x 8" fr 18" x 9" rr black styled alloy wheels
- 225/50R18 front & 245/45R18 rear tires
- Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Metal-Look Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Power Convertible Top w/Lining, Glass Rear Window, Fixed Roll-Over Protection and Fixed Wind Blocker
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Programmable Projector Beam High Intensity Low/High Beam Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- LED Brakelights
- 2 DIN AM/FM/CD audio system w/6 speakers -inc: illuminated steering wheel-mounted controls, Bluetooth hands-free phone system, USB connectivity and auxiliary input jack
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, MP3 Player, Clock and Radio Data System
- Fixed Antenna
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: 8-way manual driver seat and 4-way manual passenger seat
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- Manual Tilt Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Voltmeter, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Temperature, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Automatic Air Conditioning
- Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Leatherette Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Console Insert and Aluminum/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Cloth Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Woven Carbon Cloth Seat Trim
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Features -inc: Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Windows
- Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Interior Concealed Storage, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Seats w/Carpet Back Material
- Manual Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Pretensioners
- RearView Monitor Back-Up Camera