Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Multiple trim levels
- Impressive fuel economy
- Generous 10-year, 100,000-mile certified powertrain warranty
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Roomy interior design
The Mitsubishi Mirage G4 series of cars has always been focused on providing quality at an affordable price. While the Mirage doesn't focus on raw power, it does focus on providing car owners with a vehicle that boasts impressive fuel economy. The Mirage G4 is a low-cost sedan that's perfect for anyone searching for the perfect mix of affordability with high-end technology.
The 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage looks to build on the success of previous 2017 and 2018 models. What hasn't changed between 2018 and 2019 is the affordability of this vehicle. The view Mitsubishi took in 2018 still stands strong moving forward.
However, there are some improvements that make everyday use of the Mirage even better. Some of these include the addition of a height-adjustable driver’s seat and cruise control.
In 2019, Mitsubishi offers three trim levels for the G4: ES, RF, and SE. The ES offers the standard trim, and the SE offers more advanced features. Each of these models comes in a wide array of colors, including Wine Red, Mystic Black, and Sapphire Blue.
What Features Are Standard with the Mitsubishi Mirage G4 ES?
Despite the Mirage G4 ES being an entry-level sedan, Mitsubishi has packed it full of technology. Some of the features that you'll find in it include:
- 7-inch audio display view with touch-screen support
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- Rearview camera
- Keyless entry
- Trunk pass-through
When you compare the ES to the other trim models, you get even more features. For example, the RF model also includes a Rockford Fosgate premium audio system with a 300-watt Eco PUNCH subwoofer and amp. Keep in mind that the RF model also includes all of the features that the ES model has.
The SE model of the Mitsubishi Mirage improves both the interior and exterior of the car. With the SE model, you gain access to new features, such as Apple CarPlay and Android Audio. You get a convenient push-button-start engine, too.
The exterior of the Mirage also gets an upgrade with the SE model. It features 15-inch alloy wheels and fog lights. Standard trims feature wheels with high-quality hubcaps.
Interior Design of the Mitsubishi Mirage G4
The new 2019 G4 features a number of interior improvements over the older models of Mirages. The steering wheel has several controls for hands-free calling and use of the audio system. When you compare the steering wheel to the rest of the car, you can see it's a perfect size.
The five interior seats feature a durable material that will last whether you buy the car new or pre-owned. The top of the car provides plenty of headroom too. It's easy to see why the Mirage G4 seats and spacious interior are comfortable for people of all sizes.
In addition, the vehicle has a number of cupholders. There are two in the front for the driver and co-pilot. Mitsubishi didn't forget about the passengers in the back. They've added a middle console in the backseat that pulls down to reveal an armrest and two more cupholders for passengers to use.
What's the Fuel Economy of the Mitsubishi Mirage?
Mitsubishi focused on making the Mirage G4 vehicles affordable not only to purchase but also to drive for the long haul. Mitsubishi claims that these cars get 35 mpg city and 41 mpg highway. This puts it comfortably in front of other sedans and vehicles that the company offers, such as the Mitsubishi Outlander.
This great fuel mileage is thanks to a 1.2 liter, 3-cylinder engine. While this smaller engine can't provide some of the power that sports cars have, it delivers the best possible fuel economy.
The mpg of the Mirage is even higher when you choose the continuously variable transmission. This further improved miles-per-gallon performance gives the vehicle an even greater advantage over sports cars.
What's It Like to Drive the Mitsubishi G4?
Most reviewers say that the Mirage G4 is easy to drive in the city and on the highway. Thanks to the small size of the car, it's quick to stop, even when you break suddenly. One of the biggest drawbacks is its lack of power: It takes 13 seconds to accelerate from zero to 60 mph.
Whether you choose a manual or automatic transmission, it's hard not to appreciate the performance of this vehicle. According to reviews, the steering is responsive compared to similar cars within its class.
You can test out the steering if you visit your local Mitsubishi dealer for a test drive. You can test drive a new or certified pre-owned Mirage G4. Visiting a Mitsubishi center is a good idea because you're most likely to take your vehicle to this location for service.
Safety Features of the Mitsubishi Mirage G4
Whether you buy a new or pre-owned Mirage G4, these cars offer a number of safety features that will keep you safe on the road. Some of these include:
- Rearview camera
- Active stability control
- Seven airbags
- Halogen headlights that offer a better view
- Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) body
The seven airbags protect not only the driver but also any passenger in the car. They include side-curtain airbags for the front and rear passengers.
No matter the price that you pay for the Mirage G4, each trim model comes with a RISE body. It has a crumple zone that absorbs impact damage in the event of a front or rear crash. A Mitsubishi dealer can provide more details regarding the RISE body.
What Are the Specs of the Mirage G4?
When you buy a new 2019 model, you get a vehicle with a 78-horsepower, 3-cylinder engine. While this engine only produces 74 pounds of torque, most auto reviewers admit that this amount is plenty for the average driver. It's hard to find a car that gives you access to more power while providing this level of miles-per-gallon performance.
One thing to note is that Mitsubishi Mirage G4 models with a CVT typically start in efficiency mode. This mode focuses on saving fuel over exerting extra power. If you drive in hilly locations, you might want to switch the CVT to sport mode to focus more on power.
Exterior Design of the Mirage G4
When you search for a car, it's common to pay close attention to the exterior. Mitsubishi has taken great care to ensure that the look of the Mirage is modern and pleasing to the eye. In fact, that's one of the reasons why the Mirage comes in so many different colors, including red, blue, and black.
With the Mirage SE model, the wheels steal the show. These 15-inch rims give the car a pleasing aesthetic. Regardless of the trim type that you choose, the overall body design of the car remains the same.
Some models of the Mitsubishi Mirage G4 also feature fog lights. These lights add a sporty look to the car. When you get them serviced, it's best to go to a Mitsubishi service center.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage G4
- 1.2-liter, fuel-efficient engine
- Affordable price
- Available in a 5-speed manual transmission or an automatic CVT
- Features high-end technology options even in the base model
- Roomy interior with enough space for five people
- Doesn't offer as much power as other Mitsubishi type vehicles, such as the Outlander
- Excessive road noise when driving on the highway
- Reviews state the car has a noisy engine
- Lacks some of the trim options that other cars in its class have
Mitsubishi didn't design the Mirage G4 to be the top of its class. Instead, it focused on providing a lower price compared to other sedans. Since it first arrived in 2017, Mitsubishi has continued to improve the interior and exterior of the Mirage G4.
The details that it has added each year help it stand out among other cars. While the G4 doesn't have a long history, Mitsubishi shows no signs of stopping production of this car, which should make it easy to find.
One thing is for sure, Mitsubishi will continue its forward-thinking approach when producing future G4 cars. While the Mitsubishi Mirage G4 might never be the top or best sedan on the market, it will continue to be an affordable and dependable driving option.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage G4
- Body Style
- 1.2L MIVEC DOHC 12-Valve 3-Cylinder
- 78 hp
- 5-Speed Manual
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 1.2L MIVEC DOHC 12-Valve 3-Cylinder
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 4.05 Axle Ratio
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 85 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Electric Power-Assist Steering
- 9.2 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Torsion Beam Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS and Front Vented Discs
- Wheels: 14" Steel w/Wheel Covers
- Tires: 165/65R14
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Chrome Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Chrome Grille
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Aero-Composite Halogen Headlamps
- Radio: Display Audio System -inc: 7.0" touch panel, AM/FM, 4 speakers, digital HD Radio, Bluetooth wireless technology and USB port
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Aux Audio Input Jack and Steering Wheel Controls
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: 4-way adjustable driver's seat and 4-way adjustable front passenger seat
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- Bench Front Facing Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Fuel
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Manual Air Conditioning
- Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Interior Trim -inc: Piano Black Instrument Panel Insert, Piano Black Console Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Fabric Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver Visor Vanity Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Storage and 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks
- Trip Computer
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Rear Center Armrest w/Pass-Thru w/Storage
- Engine Immobilizer
- 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera