Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Precision TwinPower Cooper turbo engines
- 6-speed Steptronic Sport automatic transmission
- Four-wheel drive
- Lightweight for ease of handling
- Wide-set wheels for stability
- Fuel-efficient for a sports car
Like all of the latest offerings in the MINI lineup, the MINI Hardtop 4 Door features the kind of world-class handling you would expect in an elite sports car with a hefty price tag. Instead, this iconic little car that carries on the John Cooper legacy is not only fun and quick, but it is also affordable.
MINI Hardtop vehicles on the U.S. market come with your choice of six-speed manual or automatic transmissions. If you are unsure about which type works best for you, why not test out both at your dealership? Old-school drivers may prefer the manual to get optimal speed and performance.
Low to the ground with a wide stance, the new MINI Hardtop 4 Door is available in two trims: the base level and the upgraded S model. The basic 134-hp turbo engine features three cylinders. The upgraded Cooper S has a four-cylinder turbocharged engine generating 189 hp.
The Cooper Works MINI offers even more engine power for drivers who aspire to the racetrack. It features a 228-hp turbocharged powertrain. This MINI model pays homage to John, the maestro behind the early Mini Cooper's transformation from commuter compact to track contender.
Other models in the 2019 MINI family, including the 2 Door Hardtop, the John Cooper Works, and the classic convertible, share the benefits of cosmetic tweaks over the years. This translates to contemporary features within the retro Cooper package that heighten its appeal.
The 2019 MINI wears a newly designed logo that will grace all models in upcoming years. New optional features include:
- LED headlights
- LED taillights with a British flag logo
- New wheel profiles
- Hardtop door projection lamps with the MINI logo
- Revamped 8.8-inch navigation touch screen
In the newest models, the Cooper powertrain, profile, and MINI features have stayed the same as previous years' models, so you might be happy with a certified pre-owned vehicle. However, your dealer has the latest MINI Hardtop 4 Door cars hot off the assembly line, too. You can easily compare your options by test-driving new and certified pre-owned models.
The body of the four-door is longer than the two-door model by 6 inches. Both cars have a hatch-style hardtop door in the rear that makes it easy to load and unload your stuff.
The unmistakable wide-wheeled profile of MINI Cooper vehicles is apparent in both 2019 versions. These agile models weigh less than 3,000 pounds apiece.
The automaker has grouped color selections into three packages. This helps simplify the process of choosing the build of your car. All three build levels include alloy wheels in sizes graduating from 15 to 17 inches.
The Classic package has a choice of four exterior colors while the Signature package has 10 choices. The Iconic build group offers 12 exterior color options. Each package features roof and mirror caps to match.
Inside the surprisingly roomy cabin of the Cooper hardtop, all three custom packages include a luxe three-spoke leather steering wheel that is multifunctional. Carbon Black Sensatec-upholstered seats and heating for the front seats add a luxurious vibe.
Chrome toggles infuse the control panel with a vintage-style dash that has '60s retro flavor. The driver and front passenger seats are comfortable and supportive. As you might expect, though, the back seat feels cramped.
In terms of technology, you get an onboard computer with a 6.5-inch display screen. Rear-park distance control protects your paint job, and SiriusXM satellite radio sets the mood. If you move up a notch from the Classic package to the Signature option, you also get a panorama roof, keyless entry, and auto dual-zone climate control.
The Iconic package adds Connected Navigation Plus and Apple CarPlay as well as:
- Premium leather seats
- Your choice of designer wheels
- All-season tires
- Active driving assistant
- Alarm system
- Premium sound system
The MINI Market
MINI marketing targets a specific group of creative consumers who share some of the same values as the brand, which John Cooper reinvented early on. These values include freedom, authenticity, innovation, heritage, individualism, independence, and community.
The automaker, BMW, is even redesigning select vehicles like the Countryman to appeal to millennial families. In 2017, it rolled out a new Countryman model that was 8 inches longer than the previous year's car. The added legroom and cargo space effectively moved the Countryman up from subcompact to compact status.
By enlarging the Countryman and also its Clubman model for a roomier interior, BMW has expanded its target market with a huge new group of consumers who love the idea of owning a MINI Cooper but need more space. By addressing this need, the automaker has positioned itself as a leading contender in the compact economy car industry.
Is the MINI Hardtop Fuel-Efficient?
The four-door hardtop MINI consumes about a gallon of fuel for every 26 miles. In the city, it gets 23 mpg, while on the highway, it gets 32 mpg, according to data from the U.S. government.
Other compact vehicles may get better gas mileage. However, the MINI's unique performance features, such as a turbo engine, deliver a fun, sports car-style experience
What Is the MSRP for a MINI Hardtop?
The suggested retail price for the four-door MINI hardtop ranges from $22,900 at the base level to more than $30,000 loaded. Some of the factors that affect the cost of your new MINI include the value of your trade-in vehicle, if any, and the inventory at your dealership. You can save by purchasing a certified pre-owned MINI, but you will miss out on the new 2019 features.
What Are the Differences between the 4-Door Hardtop and Other MINI Models?
The MINI 4-door Hardtop has a hatchback and has a shorter frame than the Clubman and the Countryman from MINI. Both the Clubman and the Countryman features a wagon profile with double back doors that open at the center. The Clubman offers three trim options while the Hardtop 4-door offers only two.
Like the MINI Hardtop 4 Door, the Clubman and Countryman models have turbo engines for 134 hp at the base level.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 MINI Hardtop 4 Door
- Sporty drive
- Premium interior
- Affordable price
- Cool, retro vibe
- Road noise level is loud
- Compact cargo space
- Cramped back interior
The MINI concept came about as a crisis response to the fuel supply shortage of the late 1950s. The Morris Company challenged its techs to create something affordable and easy on petrol in a compact package. The innovations that came about, such as expanding the wheelbase to make more interior space, resulted in a sensible economy car with sports car handling.
Enter British race car driver John Cooper, who outfitted a Morris Mini with a more powerful engine and better brakes. The concept morphed into the Classic Mini Cooper 997 of the early 1960s. It was a small, quick, and more agile contender on the track that was able to run circles around the larger sedans that ruled the day.
Despite its viral popularity in Europe, the MINI Cooper would not debut on the American marketplace until the 21st century. In 2002, the next generation of sports compacts, now known as MINIs, became an instant success stateside, winning the title of 2003 North American Car of the Year.
If you're interested in buying one of these, stop by a MINI dealership to test drive a new MINI. Search the online inventory to compare the various models, both new and certified pre-owned vehicles, to decide which of these stylish performance vehicles is right for you. From the responsive handling of the 2019 John Cooper Works model to the quintessential MINI Hardtop 4 Door, these little cars with a big history have the moxie that you are looking for.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 MINI Hardtop 4 Door
- Body Style
- 1.5L 12V Twin Power Turbo
- 134 hp
- 7-Speed STEPTRONIC DCT
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 1.5L 12V Twin Power Turbo
- Transmission: 7-Speed STEPTRONIC DCT
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Sequential Shift Control
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 3.79 Axle Ratio
- 80-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 150 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 11.6 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Polished Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 15" x 5.5" Heli Spoke Silver -inc: Style 492, All-Season Tires
- Tires: 175/65R15
- Wheels w/Locks
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Black Bodyside Insert and Black Fender Flares
- Chrome Side Windows Trim, Chrome Front Windshield Trim and Chrome Rear Window Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Halogen Daytime Running Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- Radio: AM/FM Stereo
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Compatible Remote CD, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Radio Data System and External Memory Control
- 6 Speakers
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Streaming Audio
- Integrated Roof Diversity Antenna
- Satellite Radio Preparation
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Standard Seats
- 6-Way Driver Seat -inc: Manual Recline, Height Adjustment and Fore/Aft Movement
- 6-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline, Height Adjustment and Fore/Aft Movement
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Sport Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy and Illuminated Entry
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Illuminated Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Gear Shift Knob
- SensaTec Leatherette Upholstery
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination and Driver Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Rigid Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- MINI Assist eCall
- MINI Connected
- MINI TeleServices
- Covered Dashboard Storage, Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Rear Park Distance Control Rear Parking Sensors
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera