Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Superb fuel economy for a SUV
- Standard heated seats
- Can be taken off-roading
- Excellent control
A replacement for the GLK-Class, the Mercedes-Benz GLC sprang onto the market back in 2015, and it is still going strong. Benz lovers will tell you that this is a top pick for them for many reasons, but the comfy seats, smooth transmission, and excellent control speak for themselves.
The SUV's base GLC 300 trim has a large number of standard features, and the interior design is just as stunning as the body. If you are in search of an SUV with more horsepower and don't mind a rough ride, the AMG models will accommodate you. The AMG GLC 43 has a hefty turbocharged V6 engine whereas the AMG GLC 63 has a powerful turbocharged V8.
Want something more fuel efficient? The GLC 350e plug-in hybrid has an electric motor that is paired with the 300’s four-cylinder engine. Together, these components generate 320 hp and 413 lb-ft of torque. In addition, 4MATIC all-wheel drive (AWD) comes standard.
Regardless of which trim you choose, you will get a lot of power. If you can find a dealer with a sale on this auto, take advantage of it, and test drive a 2018 or 2019 model. Both the coupe and the SUV versions of the Mercedes-Benz GLC are stand-out performers in their respective classes.
What's New in the Mercedes-Benz GLC?
The 2019 Mercedes Benz GLC SUV now boasts standard heated front seats, which were previously standard only on the higher trim levels. A standard household power outlet is also new for 2019. They were previously available on select 2018 models.
Additionally, you can now get tri-zone climate control. The off-road engineering package is also available if you want to prime your 2019 Mercedes-Benz for an off-roading adventure.
The Mercedes-Benz GLC's Exterior Design
When you find this auto for sale at a dealer, the first thing you will notice is how stunning the GLC's body looks. Just one view of this athletic SUV is enough to justify a purchase, but there is more to these luxury cars than meets the eye.
The one thing many drivers will like is that the GLC is easy to access. A lot of SUVs are built too high off the ground for some people to comfortably slide into. The GLC has much better access and an easy exit too.
As far as customization goes, the GLC gives you a lot of options to choose from. There are 10 exterior body paint colors. The Mercedes-Benz GLC's list of standard features includes:
- 18-inch five-spoke wheels
- Five additional wheel options
- Privacy glass
- Special body styling on the AMG trims
- Anodized roof rails
- A hands-free lift gate
Interior Style in the Mercedes-Benz GLC
Even the base GLC 300 has an interior brimming with luxury. Each year, these SUVs seem to get more refined details. This Mercedes vehicle boasts gorgeous wooden trim in your choice of light or dark brown linden or natural-grain, brown, ash wood.
This car has a spacious cabin design that lends assistance to moving around and getting comfy. Long rides are no problem in this well-designed car. Some of the top features you will find in the interior of the GLC include:
- A 14-way power driver seat with memory
- Premium vinyl upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Optional ventilated front seats
- An illuminated entry system
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Power-folding 40/20/40 split rear seats
- Keyless entry
Technology in the Mercedes-Benz GLC
As you can probably imagine, Mercedes-Benz loads the GLC to the brim with standard technology. The 2019 300 trim even plays host to a large list of features. Over time, Mercedes added more user-friendly tech features to make the GLC more luxurious and safer to drive.
For example, you can free your hands from pushing a ton of buttons and from turning knobs with Bluetooth connectivity. This allows you to wirelessly stream as well as to make and take phone calls. This feature is handy and safe.
Of course, these are not the only noteworthy tech gadgets on the GLC. The base trim up to the line-topping AMG GLC 63 offer the following special features:
- A seven-inch color display monitor and central controller
- Garmin Map Pilot pre-wiring
- The innovative FrontBass sound system
- An SD card reader
- HD radio
- Two USB ports
Optional tech features include:
- Smartphone app integration
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Voice control
- A rear seat entertainment system
- Six months of free All Access SiriusXM Satellite Radio service
What Kind of Safety Features Are in the Mercedes-Benz GLC?
This Benz is already a safe vehicle to take out on the road. However, Mercedes realizes that safety is a top priority for all drivers and does its best to integrate a whole host of safety features.
Aside from the standard array of airbags and rain-sensing windshield wipers, these Mercedes vehicles have:
- Trailer Stability Assist
- Electronic Stability Program
- Adaptive braking
- A rearview camera
- Crosswind Assist
- An anti-theft alarm system
If you have extra money to spend, opt for some of the following available add-ons:
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist
- The surround view system
- Speed Limit Assist
- Blind Spot Assist
What Is the Mercedes-Benz GLC Like to Drive?
If you already perused some reviews, you have likely read about the GLC's list of engines. Reviews sometimes gloss over the power of the base 2.0-L inline-4 turbocharged engine, which gets 241 hp. Its fuel economy is excellent for this class, getting 22 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway.
The 9G-TRONIC 9-speed automatic transmission works well at creating smooth shifts between gears. Also, while the GLC isn't terribly quick at coming to a panic stop, it can go from 0 to 60 mph in just 6.3 seconds.
You can take the GLC quickly down a winding road. It is equally capable in slow city traffic. Its steering provides just enough feedback to inspire driver confidence.
Should I Buy a New or a Used Mercedes-Benz GLC?
The 2018 and 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC are both excellent vehicles regardless of which model you get. There are plenty of premium features, and that number has increased over time. The coupe and the SUV are equally capable on city roads and on the highway; just take one for a test drive and see.
Between the 2018 and 2019 Mercedes-Benz, the 2019 is the better option if you're looking for more standard features.
Regardless of model year, these cars are solid. A good dealer will provide assistance for getting you into a used GLC after you take one (or two) for a test drive. You won't have a hard time finding a good used GLC, either.
As many customer reviews claim, the older GLC models still get good fuel efficiency, have appealing exterior designs, and boast rear seat space and a nice view out the front windshield. A used coupe or SUV model will give you a lot of luxury for a decent price.
How Much Does the New Mercedes-Benz GLC Cost?
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC has a starting MSRP that is competitive with even non-luxury vehicles. Of course, the higher you go in trim levels, and the more features you add on, the higher the price jumps. You will want to search for offers or assistance in affording the 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC, especially if you get an AMG car.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC
- Great fuel economy on the 2.0-L engine
- A spacious rear seat
- A balance of comfort and luxury both inside and out
- Excellent customer service from the automaker
- Some tech features don't work as expected
- The price jumps on the AMG trims
- 2016 cars might require some service
The Mercedes-Benz GLC line up kicked off in the 2016 model year. But did you know that this SUV replaced the GLK-Class?
The GLK-Class lasted from 2009 to 2015 and competed with models like the GLE and the C-Class. The GLC has a lot in common with the C-Class, but the GLK possessed a more wagon-like appearance. Unfortunately, that look seems to now be out-of-style.
This led to the change to the GLC in 2016. While the 2016 model needed refinement, Mercedes worked hard to improve it for the 2017 model year. By 2018, sales climbed to 69,729 units.
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC is looking to meet or maybe even exceed 2018's sales figures.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 2.0L Inline-4 Turbo
- 255 hp
- 9G-TRONIC 9-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Assist
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L Inline-4 Turbo -inc: eco start/stop system
- Transmission: 9G-TRONIC 9-Speed Automatic -inc: DYNAMIC SELECT and steering wheel shift paddles
- 3.27 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: TBD
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 60-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery
- 150 Amp Alternator
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic Ride Control Adaptive Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 17.4 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Multi-Link Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 18" Split 5-Spoke
- Tires: 18"
- Wheels w/Silver w/Painted Accents
- All-Season Tires
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Chrome Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Chrome Bumper Insert
- Black Bodyside Moldings and Black Wheel Well Trim
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Driver Auto Dimming, Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Chrome Grille
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Driver Seat, Door Mirrors and Steering Wheel
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: MBUX Multimedia System -inc: Frontbass audio system, MBUX intelligent vehicle assistant ("Hey Mercedes"), Bluetooth technology for handsfree phone use/audio streaming, 2 USB ports and HD Radio
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Radio Data System and Weatherband
- 6 Speakers
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Window Grid Antenna
- MBUX Voice Control
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Turn-By-Turn Navigation Directions
- Real-Time Traffic Display
- Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: Power Driver Seat & Steering Column w/Memory
- 10-Way Power Driver Seat -inc: Power Recline, Height Adjustment, Cushion Extension, Fore/Aft Movement and Cushion Tilt
- 10-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Cushion Extension
- Electrically Adjustable Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Selective Service Internet Access
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Front Cigar Lighter(s)
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- Homelink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Residual Heat Recirculation and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Chrome/Aluminum Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- MB-Tex Upholstery
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage, 3 12V DC Power Outlets and 1 AC Power Outlet
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Locking Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Net
- Roll-Up Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Remote Engine Start
- Tracker System
- 10.25" Center Touchscreen Display
- Smartphone Integration
- Apple CarPlay
- Android Auto
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Power (driver Only) w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- 4-Way Lumbar Support
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets and 1 AC Power Outlet
- Air Filtration
- Crosswind Assist Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- eCall Emergency System Emergency Sos
- Blind Spot Assist Blind Spot Sensor
- Active Brake Assist
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- BabySmart Childseat Sensor and Rear Child Safety Locks
- First Aid Kit
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera