Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Posh, upscale interior
- New inline-six engine
- Five seats
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Technology-rich interior
There are few four-door coupes on the market, but the Mercedes-Benz CLS is one of most recognizable. For those who don't know, a coupe is a vehicle that features a sloping rear roofline. Most car manufacturers, such as BMW and Audi, make their coupes with two doors because of this sloping roofline.
Mercedes-Benz, however, has found a way to get the most out of its four-door coupe without losing too much headroom. The result is a four-door car that's just as sporty as many other coupes on the market.
The 2019 CLS certainly doesn't lack in power with an engine similar to the Mercedes-Benz E-class series. The CLS features a powerful 362-horsepower, turbo inline-six engine to drive its performance. This is more fuel-efficient than the V-8 that came in the 2017 and 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLS models.
This 2019 car also features EQ Boost, which Mercedes-Benz refers to as an integrated starter-generator. This system provides an extra 21 horsepower and more torque in short bursts. Despite the extra power, the manufacturer says that the system also provides better fuel economy.
What Safety Features Does the CLS Offer?
This 2019 Mercedes-Benz features many new standard safety features. Some of them include:
- Active brake assist
- Car-to-car communication
- Blind-spot assist
- Lane assist
- Driver drowsiness monitoring
- Traffic sign recognition assist
Car-to-car communication allows the CLS to communicate with certain cars on the road. This communication alerts the driver of specific situations for safety.
What Models Does Mercedes-Benz Offer for the CLS?
Mercedes offers a few different CLS vehicles. These models include:
- CLS 450 Coupe
- CLS 450 4MATIC Coupe
- AMG CLS 53 Coupe
Both the CLS 450 Coupe and the CLS 450 4MATIC Coupe offer the same horsepower and torque. The CLS 450 4MATIC, however, has a slightly higher price tag because it's automatic.
Interior Design of the Mercedes CLS
This 2019 Mercedes-Benz focuses on bringing the latest in comfort and technology to drivers. Like other Mercedes models, such as the E-class and the GT, the CLS has leather-covered seats and accents of brushed aluminum. The goal is for the vehicle to bring enough luxury to its interior to match its price tag.
This car also features unique technological advancements over the 2017 and 2018 models. To put its best foot forward in 2019, Mercedes-Benz offers the Burmester 3D Surround System in this sedan as well.
Similar to the 2017 and 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLS model cars, this sedan features the COMAND infotainment system. It includes a huge 12.3-inch screen that you can access from the steering wheel with a touch-pad controller. It also gives you access to Mercedes-Benz's In-Car-Office, which makes it easy to manage conference calls on the go.
In terms of storage, this vehicle gives you 11 cubic feet of trunk space. This is some of the best trunk space that you can hope to get out of a coupe. However, it still offers slightly less storage than some other Mercedes-Benz cars, such as the GT.
Exterior of the Mercedes-Benz CLS
As a coupe, the exterior body design is where these cars really shine. It's uncommon for a sedan to have a sloping roof. The body makes these vehicles look a lot like the S-class that Mercedes-Benz offers.
When you compare the LED headlamps in the 2018 CLS to the 2019 model, it's easy to see the advancements. The 2019 CLS features Ultra Wide Beam LED lights on the standard and AMG class CLS models to illuminate the road ahead. These wide lights shine around corners to make driving at night a breeze.
The Mercedes-Benz CLS delivers a smooth ride for a sedan as well. Upon further review, you can see that this is possible thanks to the vehicle's air body control system. This system helps the car's suspension relax on tame roads and firm up around corners to improve performance.
The CLS gives you access to several exterior colors, too. Some of the colors that you can choose from include:
- AMG CLS 53 Coupe
- Dune Silver Metallic
- Lunar Blue Metallic
- Ruby Black Metallic
Performance of the Mercedes-Benz CLS
As with most of its cars, Mercedes-Benz puts a large amount of focus on performance. This new 2019 CLS will let you accelerate from zero to 60 mph in just 5.1 seconds. The engine also creates up to 369 pound-feet of torque.
If you choose the automatic CLS 450, then the acceleration time improves to 4.8 seconds. The auto feature not only makes it easier to drive but also features a nine-speed transmission. This puts the CLS in a class of its own.
Driving the new CLS gives you access to a lot of power that can reach a top speed of 155 mph. While this top speed isn't as high as some sports cars, it's impressive for vehicles in this class.
The CLS also features an ECO Start/Stop system. This auto system shuts down the engine at a stoplight or in other situations in which the car is idle. Once you take your foot off the brake, the system auto-starts the car again for immediate acceleration.
This ECO Start/Stop system performs even better than in previous vehicles. The reason is that it has an integrated starter-generator that you won't find in other cars. The result is a service that helps you save even more gas on the road.
What New Cabin Designs Did Mercedes-Benz Make?
For the 2019 year, Mercedes-Benz had a different view for the cabin of the CLS models. Videos show that the 2019 CLS cabins include:
- Leather-tailored seats
- Three-passenger rear seats
- Broad palette of wood options
- Dashboard multicolor LED illumination
You don't have to select one specific model to find these features because all CLS models have them. You can compare and review the main differences between the models on the Mercedes-Benz website.
What's It Like to Drive the Mercedes-Benz CLS?
Driving the CLS gives you a sense of what it's like to ride in luxury. Some benefits include:
- Smooth and comfortable driving
- Turbocharged gas engine with the power that you need when you need it
- Hands-free calling that keeps you from having to search for your phone while driving
- Great handling both on and off the road thanks to state-of-the-art suspension
- Easy to keep a view on the road with a heads-up display that appears on your windshield
The CLS makes sure that you don't lose focus on the road thanks to its driver drowsiness monitor. You can review these features and more when you take the car for a test drive at a Mercedes-Benz dealership.
Mercedes-Benz CLS Warranty and Services
The CLS will eventually need service. Thankfully, the vehicle has a proper warranty program.
Mercedes-Benz offers prepaid maintenance services on new and pre-owned vehicles. This allows you to lock in future maintenance prices at the time you purchase your vehicle. Mercedes also lets you select between a two-, three-, or four-year warranty that will cover certain maintenance on the Mercedes-Benz CLS for free.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz CLS
- Features a coupe design in a four-door body
- Easy to drive and features a high top speed for a sedan
- Includes a fuel-efficient, 362-horsepower, turbo inline-six engine
- Luxury interior with a high-end stereo system
- Smooth ride thanks to the air body control suspension system
- Coupe design leaves little headroom for rear passengers
- Some competitor vehicles offer more power
- Tight rear seats might leave you searching for more room
The idea behind the CLS was to offer people the best cross between a sports coupe and a four-door sedan. In 2004, Mercedes-Benz did just that with the new CLS, which the manufacturer based on the E-class model. Each year, Mercedes-Benz brought more features to the CLS.
The first generation ran from 2004 to 2010. However, Mercedes only put out the CLS in select European markets. The second generation ran from 2010 to 2018, and Mercedes-Benz started the third generation in 2018.
In terms of style, you will not notice much difference between the first and second generations of CLS cars. The latest generation, however, features a revamped style that makes it look sportier. The Shooting Brake body style came out during this generation, but the brand discontinued it.
The CLS is one of the best vehicles that you will find as a cross between a two-door coupe and a four-door sedan. The 2019 year offers a great mix between high performance and affordable price. Now is the time to visit a dealership and take the Mercedes-Benz CLS for a test drive.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz CLS
- Body Style
- 3.0L Inline-6 Turbo
- 369 hp
- 9-Speed Automatic 9G-TRONIC
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Assist
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.0L Inline-6 Turbo -inc: EQ Boost
- Transmission: 9-Speed Automatic 9G-TRONIC
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Sequential Shift Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 2.82 Axle Ratio
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Hybrid Electric Motor
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Automatic w/Driver Control Ride Control Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 21.1 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Multi-Link Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Regenerative 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Lithium Ion Traction Battery
- Wheels: 19" Twin Multi-Spoke
- Tires: 245/40R19 Fr & 275/35R19 Rr -inc: All-Season Tires, Extended Mobility Tires
- Wheels w/Machined w/Painted Accents Accents
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Driver Auto Dimming, Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Chrome Grille
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Radio: COMAND Navigation System -inc: 12.3" COMAND display, Bluetooth connectivity and smartphone integration w/Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation, Radio Data System and External Memory Control
- 590w Regular Amplifier
- Streaming Audio
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- 13 Burmester Speakers
- Digital Signal Processor
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Turn-By-Turn Navigation Directions
- Siriusxm Traffic Real-Time Traffic Display
- Heated Power Front Bucket Seats -inc: 3-position memory and 4-way lumbar support
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- Driver And Passenger Seats, Door Mirrors and Steering Wheel
- 8-Way Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Power/Regen, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Selective Service Internet Access
- Nappa Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Front Cigar Lighter(s)
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Hands-Free Access Proximity Cargo Access
- Homelink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Leather Door Trim Insert
- Interior Trim -inc: Leather/Genuine Wood Console Insert, Chrome/Aluminum Interior Accents and MB-Tex Leatherette Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leather Upholstery
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows, Sunroof/Convertible Roof and Remote Engine Start
- Tracker System
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Manual w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual w/Tilt Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- ESP w/Crosswind Assist Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- eCall Emergency System Emergency Sos
- Blind Spot Assist Blind Spot Sensor
- Forward Collision Mitigation
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Childseat Sensor and Rear Child Safety Locks
- First Aid Kit
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera