Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Redesigned for 2019 with 6,500 improvements
- Available as a sedan, sports coupe, and convertible
- Best-in-class safety features
- Performance AMG model available
The Mercedes-Benz C-Class range has a model to fit just about anybody. From the entry-level four-door sedan to the range-topping AMG S model, the C-Class offers buyers a winning combination of spirited performance, class-leading safety features, and elegant style.
If you used one word to describe the C-Class vehicle range, it would be options. Mercedes-Benz offers its best-selling class leader as a sedan, coupe, and convertible. They are available in rear-wheel or all-wheel-drive powertrains.
There are even 20 different styles of alloy wheel to choose from. The available trim levels include:
- C-Class C 300 Sedan and 4MATIC Sedan
- C-Class AMG C 43 Sedan, C 63 Sedan, and C 63 S Sedan
- C-Class C 300 Coupe and 4MATIC Coupe
- C-Class AMG C 43 Coupe, C 63 Coupe, and C 63 S Coupe
- C-Class C 300 Cabriolet and 4MATIC Cabriolet
- C-Class AMG C 43 Cabriolet, C 63 Cabriolet, and C 63 S Cabriolet
Mercedes-Benz is best known for premium details and safety engineering, and the 2019 C-Class sets new standards in these areas for vehicles in its class. In fact, many of the most advanced safety and convenience features in the latest C-Class were once only available in the company’s top-of-the-line S-Class model.
What's New in the Mercedes-Benz C-Class?
You'll find a lot of new features in the 2019 C-Class. Mercedes claims that its designers have refined, improved, or replaced about 6,500 2018 C-Class components for 2019. That’s nearly 50% of all the interior and exterior parts in the vehicle.
According to motoring reviews, these changes have improved what was already one of the most complete and desirable luxury cars on the market. Changes and improvements from the 2017 and 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class include:
- Redesigned exterior with updated front and rear bumpers and new LED headlights and taillights
- Advanced driver-assist options from the E-Class and S-Class
- More powerful engines
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are now standard
- Thumb-swipe steering wheel controls
- Wireless cellphone charging
What’s Under the Hood of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class?
Most 2019 C-Class models have the same 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that was on offer in 2017 and 2018. This engine is mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission that reviewers have praised for its quick downshifts and silky-smooth upshifts. This transmission is so good that it's even offered on the track-ready AMG C 63 S models.
Mercedes vehicle engineers have been able to coax an extra 14 horsepower out of the base engine by tweaking its valve timing and turbocharger. The basic C-Class now delivers 255 horsepower and 273 pound-feet of torque. This is enough to zip the baby Benz to 60 mph in under six seconds.
AMG models up the power stakes with turbocharged 3.0-liter and 4.0-liter V8 engines that deliver 469 and 503 horsepower. They also go 0-60 in under four seconds. The new race-developed launch-control system linked to the nine-speed transmission gets all this power onto the tarmac.
How Safe is the New C-Class?
Mercedes claims that its new C-Class cars are as safe as their far more expensive E-Class, S-Class, and GLC and GLE SUV models. A glance at the vehicle's long list of passive and active safety features could explain why. This dizzying list of options and standard features includes:
- A system that automatically applies the brakes in emergencies and watches out for pedestrians
- Cruise control that keeps pace with other cars
- Cameras and radar that keep the C-Class in its lane
- A system that helps drivers to steer in emergencies
- Cameras that provide a 360-degree view and watch blind spots
- Automatic parking
- Smart navigation that watches for upcoming curves and bends
What Sort of Tech Does the Redesigned C-Class Have?
The 2019 Mercedes-Benz C-Class features technology designed to make the vehicle safer and more fun to drive. You can display information and videos via the interior navigation screen. Depending on the trim level, this screen may range in size from 7 inches to a whopping 12.3 inches.
Buyers who choose the performance AMG models can also opt for a sport track package that measures speed and acceleration 10 times every second. Drivers using this system will view their progress with a glance because improved times appear in green while slower laps appear in red.
Setting the mood before pulling out to drive a C-Class can be an adventure in itself. There are 64 interior light settings to choose from.
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are now standard on all models. Furthermore, cellphones can connect and charge wirelessly. There is even a security system available that will call your cellphone to let you known if somebody hits or tries to steal your C-Class.
How Practical is the New C-Class?
Even the most elegant car stylings and advanced safety features are not much use if a sedan isn't comfortable for its drivers and passengers. The C-Class passed this test because it has been the best-selling Mercedes vehicle for the last 10 years.
There is ample room in the back of the C-Class. Access is easy thanks to a 111.8-inch wheelbase and cleverly designed roofline. Drivers and front-seat passengers have 41.7 inches of legroom to stretch out in.
While not as big as the back of a GLC or GLE SUV, trunk space is 12.6 cubic feet in the sedan, 10.5 cubic feet in the coupe and 8.8 cubic feet in the convertible. These figures are the same from 2018.
You will find even the longest trips comfortable in the 2019 Mercedes-Benz C-Class thanks to its spacious interior, easy access, and heated and ventilated seats. They even come with a massage feature. The multilink suspension irons out the bumps, and the generous use of soundproofing materials keeps the interior whisper quiet.
Mercedes engineers have also been able to combine improved performance with fuel economy. The four-cylinder rear-wheel drive vehicles deliver 23mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway. Even the AMG S model with its muscular V8 is good for 18 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway.
Is a Used Mercedes-Benz C-Class a Good Deal?
While a Mercedes-Benz is not a cheap car, the C-Class is actually a fairly good pre-owned car buy because so many of them get sold each year. Buyers also tend to lease these cars, so fairly new models for sale with low mileage are easy to find on dealer lots with a quick search.
Mercedes-Benz dealers also offer a certified pre-owned car program that offers roadside assistance and an unlimited mileage warranty for the first year. You can extend the Mercedes-Benz C-Class warranty for an additional two years of service if you choose.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- A huge range of vehicles and options for you to choose from
- Safety features from the E-Class and S-Class
- Lively performance with good fuel economy
- Unmatched luxury and prestige
- Excellent resale value
- Impressive technology
- Four-cylinder engines are noisy at high speeds
- No hybrid option is available
- Used models can be expensive to service
- The styling may not be cutting edge enough for some
The C-Class traces its roots back to the 1982 190 sedan. This gave Mercedes its first access to a market segment that it had ignored for years.
What auto enthusiasts refer to as the baby Benz has been a huge hit for Mercedes. Today, it accounts for 20% of the company's total sales.
The first generation C-Class made its debut in 1983 with a more modern and elegant body than the outgoing 190. A series of positive road test reviews helped it to quickly become one of the most desirable cars in its class. Many reviewers noted the car's spacious and luxurious interior, its elegant body, and the amount of safety engineering offered for the price.
An attractive price was the key to the success of first C-Class. The price range allows a much wider demographic of buyers to get behind the wheel of a Mercedes-Benz. Now in its fourth generation, the Mercedes-Benz C-Class has stood the test of time and is still the standard for engineering and comfort in the entry-level premium segment.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Body Style
- 2.0L Turbo I4
- 255 hp
- 9G-TRONIC 9-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Assist
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Smartphone Integration
- Engine: 2.0L Turbo I4 -inc: ECO start/stop technology
- Transmission: 9G-TRONIC 9-Speed Automatic
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 3.07 Axle Ratio
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic Ride Control Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 17.4 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Brake Actuated Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 18" Twin 5-Spoke
- Tires: 225/45R18 Fr & 245/40R18 Rr -inc: MOE Tires (Extended Mobility)
- All-Season Tires
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Chrome Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Chrome Bumper Insert
- Chrome Bodyside Insert
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Driver Auto Dimming, Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets And Reservoir
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Accents
- Power Close Trunk/Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Radio: Audio 20 -inc: FrontBass 5-speaker sound system, 2 USB ports and Bluetooth technology for hands-free calling/audio streaming
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation, Radio Data System, Weatherband and External Memory Control
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Window Grid Antenna
- HD Radio
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Turn-By-Turn Navigation Directions
- Power Front Seats w/Driver Memory
- 2-Way Power Driver Seat -inc: Power Cushion Extension
- 8-Way Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Mercedes me connect Mobile Hotspot Internet Access
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Front Cigar Lighter(s)
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Hands-Free Access Proximity Cargo Access
- Homelink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Piano Black/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- MB-Tex Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- MB-Tex Upholstery
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors, Steering Wheel and Head Restraints
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Sunroof/Convertible Roof
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Mercedes me connect Tracker System
- 10.25" High-Resolution Center Display
- Apple CarPlay
- Android Auto
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Power Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- 4-way Power Driver's Lumbar Support
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- ESP w/Crosswind Assist Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Mercedes me connect Emergency Sos
- Blind Spot Assist Blind Spot Sensor
- Active Brake Assist with Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag and Rear Side-Impact Airbag
- BabySmart Childseat Sensor and Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera