Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Sleek new styling, including new headlights and wheel options
- Fully digital and programmable gauge cluster
- New flat-bottomed steering wheel with programmable control buttons
- New AMG Dynamics performance gear improves on-road grip and agility
Distinctively stylish and undeniably fast, the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT is one smooth-riding supercar. As the Mercedes-Benz grand touring vehicle, it checks all of the right boxes. It’s got blazing speed, flashy good looks, and supremely smooth suspension.
Every AMG GT trim puts performance first, keeping you close to the action. Whether you select the coupe or the roadster, your Mercedes-Benz vehicle will offer world-class powertrain, braking, and handling gear. You can feel the road under your wheels, but it always feels smooth and controlled.
Whether you choose the coupe or the roadster, this Mercedes car is easy on the eyes. Its elegant front end and slicked-back roofline let people know you’ve arrived.
Of course, it also doesn’t hurt that the cabin hosts every imaginable luxury. Nappa leather upholstery and AMG performance seats keep you comfortably snug as you sail around tight turns. The coupe’s panoramic sunroof puts an increasingly upscale twist on daily driving.
Mercedes-Benz AMG GT Configurations and Trim Levels
Choose from six AMG GT sports trim levels:
- GT Roadster
- GT S
- GT C
- GT C Roadster
- GT R
Each is a world-class sports car in its own right. But as you move from the entry-level GT to the top-of-the-line GT R, the line offers increased speed and agility.
By all rights, the GT and GT Roadster are the slowest of the bunch. However, with 469 horsepower, these models aren’t exactly snails. If you’re after even greater power and nimble driving performance, the GT S is the car for you.
The GT C coupe and GT C Roadster convertible deliver a slightly wider stance as well as wider wheels. With rear steering technology, these GT C models take agility to the next level.
If you’re looking to find the fastest AMG GT currently on the market, you need the GT R. In addition to taking engine output to the max, this high-performance coupe is ready for the track with its manually adjustable suspension and special tires.
All of the Mercedes-Benz AMG vehicles successfully straddle the gap between track-ready performance and rich interior luxury. And all six cars are nicely equipped with upscale comfort features.
Bold Power and On-Road Refinement
The first time you drive the AMG GT, you’ll marvel at how it combines blazing performance with upscale comfort. Your drive might be speedy, but it’s always smooth.
Even during that first time on the road, you’ll come to appreciate the GT’s high-tech approach to performance. Use the paddle shifters to downshift and gain a burst of speed. The Dynamic Plus system offers greater control over performance.
Every Mercedes-Benz AMG trim model features the same powertrain: a 4.0-liter V8 engine paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. That’s good news because this powertrain is all about action.
But not every model’s drive is equal to the last. Engine output actually varies according to which of the GT cars you select.
You’ll be happy to know that world-class speed comes standard in the AMG GT. In the GT and GT Roadster, this AMG powertrain produces 469 horsepower and 465 pound-feet of torque.
The GT S auto delivers a pretty significant power bump, increasing output to 515 horses and 494 pound-feet of torque. By all rights, it’ll leave more than a few supercars in the dust. The GT S also takes performance to the next level with electronic dampers and a limited-slip differential.
In the GT C coupe and GT C Roadster, you can zoom past the aforementioned AMG Mercedes GT cars with 550 horses and 502 pound-feet of torque. The GT C vehicles feature wider wheels and a rear-wheel steering system, designed to bolster low-speed agility and high-speed stability.
The GT C auto is the first to come standard with the new Dynamic Plus package. You’ll love how this hardware increases power delivery and overall agility.
At the top of this Mercedes power hierarchy, you’ll find the GT R. Its 4.0-liter V8 engine brings the heat with 577 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque. But it also adds carbon-fiber bodywork and a rear wing to help you stay light on your feet.
Stunning Good Looks
By all rights, the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT exterior will turn heads wherever it goes. Its trademark long nose allows for a front-end powertrain setup. This distinctive front end means that, in the cockpit, you’ll be close to the rear wheels like an old-school racecar driver.
And, with options like the black exterior body trim package and a panoramic roof, you can dress up your Mercedes GT anyway way you like. There’s no need to search for the perfect model; the GT caters to you.
Each of these Mercedes-Benz coupe and roadster sport models features the latest in infotainment and high-tech safety. As you climb the trim levels, things only get savvier.
The entry-level GT and GT roadster will keep you connected with an 8.4-inch central infotainment display. The standard navigation system makes out-of-town touring easy breezy. In the GT S and up, your favorite music playlists have never sounded better, thanks to the premium 10-speaker Burmester stereo system.
Fall in Love with the Mercedes-AMG
Is the Mercedes-AMG sport coupe right for you? If you’re the type who likes to attract attention and zoom from stoplight to stoplight, the answer is an unequivocal yes. And, with two convertible roadster models available, you can even experience the wind in your hair.
Thanks to the varying levels of engine output and performance gear, you can select the AMG GT that suits your specific need for speed. If you want to leave competitors in the dust, choose the top trim, the racetrack-ready GT R. If you simply want a smooth-yet-speedy ride in a handsome coupe, the base GT will treat you nicely.
How Much Is the Mercedes-AMG GT?
The AMG GT Coupe starts at $112,700. The high-performance GT R Coupe is a little pricier, starting at $159,350. But with its combination of racecar-style speed and luxurious smoothness, it’s worth every penny. Take it for a test spin and you’ll see what we mean.
How Much Is the Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster?
This stunner starts at just $124,700. If you decide you can’t live without the extra power you get from the Mercedes-AMG GT C Roadster, your best price jumps to $158,850. But keep in mind that those are just jumping-off points; you can add a long list of features to create the perfect Mercedes-Benz AMG GT.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT
- Breathtaking exterior design
- Thrilling performance with powerful V8 engine and nimble handling
- Comfortable ride in spite of high-performance underpinnings
- Limited visibility from rear window
- Small cabin limits cargo and storage capacity
The Mercedes-Benz AMG GT hasn’t been around long. But there have already been a few changes from model year to model year. The good news is that they’ve all been changes for the better.
For the 2019 model year, Mercedes rolled out a new Supersport transmission mode that alerts drivers when to switch gears on the seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.
The 2019 Benz AMG GT also introduced some sleek new styling elements, including new headlights and darker taillights. The new digital gauge cluster is customizable so drivers can view the stats they want, with Classic or Sport views available.
The 2018 model was the first to introduce the GT Roadster, GT C Coupe, GT C Roadster, and top-of-the-line GT R performance coupe. The 2018 GT R coupe puts the best emphasis on performance; it’s ready for the track. The Mercedes-Benz AMG GT and GT S trims also received some styling tweaks for 2018.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT
- Body Style
- 3.0L Inline-6 Turbo w/EQ Boost
- 429 hp
- 9-Speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Assist
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Sat Nav
- Satellite Navigation
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.0L Inline-6 Turbo w/EQ Boost
- Transmission: 9-Speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 3.27 Axle Ratio
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Hybrid Electric Motor
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic w/Driver Control Ride Control Sport Tuned Adaptive Suspension
- Brand Name Shock Absorbers
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 17.4 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Multi-Link Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Regenerative 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Mechanical Limited Slip Differential
- Lithium Ion Traction Battery
- Wheels: 19" AMG Multispoke
- Tires: 255/45R19 Fr & 285/40R19 Rr
- Wheels w/Silver Accents
- High-Performance Summer Tires
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Chrome Bodyside Insert
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Driver Auto Dimming, Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Power Spoiler
- Chrome Grille
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Cornering Lights
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Radio: AM/FM w/COMAND Navigation -inc: HD Radio, LTE communications module for Mercedes me services, SiriusXM satellite radio and smartphone integration w/Apple CarPlay
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation, Radio Data System and External Memory Control
- Streaming Audio
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- Burmester Surround Sound System -inc: 14 high-performance speakers and 10-channel DSP amplifier w/total output of 640 watts
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Siriusxm Traffic Real-Time Traffic Display
- Turn-By-Turn Navigation Directions
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: Fully electric, 12-way power front seats, 4-way power lumbar support and memory function
- Heated Front Seats
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- Bucket Front Facing Rear Seat
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Turbo/Supercharger Boost, Power/Regen, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- AMG Sport Nappa Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Front Cigar Lighter(s)
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Remote Releases -Inc: Hands-Free Access Proximity Cargo Access
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Interior Accents and MB-Tex Leatherette Upholstered Dashboard
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- MB-Tex/DINAMICA Upholstery
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage, Rear Console w/Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Rigid Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors and Steering Wheel
- Tracker System
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Sunroof/Convertible Roof
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital Display
- Front Center Armrest
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Power w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual w/Tilt Rear Head Restraints
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- Air Filtration
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- ESP w/Crosswind Assist Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Blind Spot Assist Blind Spot Sensor
- eCall Emergency System Emergency Sos
- Active Parking Assist Automated Parking Sensors
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Childseat Sensor and Rear Child Safety Locks
- First Aid Kit
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera