Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Fun and responsive road handling
- Speedy acceleration
- Stylish interior cabin
- User-friendly Connect infotainment
- Powerful engine
- Great gas mileage
Mazda MX-5 Miata Overview
When it comes to speed, power, and fine-tuned responsiveness, the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata is the convertible to own. Looking great both inside and out, this zippy and fun sports car will take you where you want to go in style. The open-topped, two-seater Miata has all the legroom you need, and your time on the road will never get boring with its easy-to-use infotainment systems.
This sports car fits the bill when you want to drive a good-looking car and have fun while you're doing it. The stylish MX-5 Miata from Mazda is all about the road experience.
The 181-horsepower, four-cylinder engine adds power to the 2019 Miata. You'll enjoy faster acceleration but not at the expense of handling. This convertible is nimble on the highway and responds quickly to every command.
Reviews of the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata have been highly positive. It's considered the number-one roadster in 2019 by many. The 2019 Miata convertible has consistently performed well in tests for speed and handling, where it's earned top marks.
What New Features Does the Mazda MX-5 Miata Have for 2019?
The 2019 Mazda vehicles now have a more powerful engine that delivers 181 horsepower and 151 pound-feet of torque, in contrast to previous 2018 cars with 155 horsepower and 148 pound-feet of torque. Also changed from 2018 is a telescoping and tilting steering column that offers more flexibility for you while you're driving. A rearview camera is a new standard safety feature in these cars that extends your view when you're reversing and parking.
What Trims Does the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata Come In?
The 2019 Miata comes in three styles: Sport, Club, and Grand Touring. All trims come standard with a 181-horsepower engine with 2.0 liters and four cylinders, rear-wheel drive, a six-speed manual transmission, the Connect infotainment system, a rear-view camera, and a soft top. A six-speed automatic transmission is available for all models.
Included with the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Trims
The Sport models include HD radio, a six-speaker sound system, Bluetooth, USB ports, keyless entry, a rear camera, and a 7-inch touch screen. The Club has additional features, such as a nine-speaker Bose sound system, rear cross-traffic alert, satellite radio, and heated seats.
Bilstein shock absorbers, a differential with limited slip, and a sporty suspension are standard with the manual transmission. The Sport also adds an available power-retractable hardtop.
With the Grand Touring line, you get all the standard features of the other models plus upgrades like automatic climate control, traffic-sign recognition, windshield wipers with rain sensors, automatic emergency braking, lane departure warnings, and automatic headlights. You can also choose a new brown color for the soft top.
Increased Safety for the 2019 Mazda MX-5
There are several safety assistance features for the MX-5 Miata. The new rear-view camera is a useful component that is standard on all trims of the MX-5 Miata. The video is basic but is sufficient for you to see everything you need to reverse safely. It is mounted on the rear bumper and is available in gray, black, and red.
The available Smart City Brake Support is a pre-collision automatic-braking system that alerts you if a possible collision is imminent. It will automatically brake the car if you do not respond to the alert.
The available traffic-sign recognition system displays speed limits and warnings, and the lane-departure system lets you know if you drift over the center line. Blind-spot monitoring is available for all models.
What Colors Are Available for the 2019 Mazda MX-5?
There are seven exterior colors available for the 2019 Mazda: Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Ceramic Metallic, Jet Black Mica, Machine Grey Metallic, Eternal Blue Mica, Snowflake White Pearl Mica, and Arctic White. For the interior, you can choose options like black cloth with or without red accent-stitching, black leather with red accent-stitching, tan leather, and Auburn Nappa leather.
What Are the Best Miles-per-Gallon Rates for the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata?
The MX-5 Miata delivers great gas mileage for a roadster, with 26 mpg for the city, 34 mpg for the highway, and 29 combined mpg for the 2019 Mazda manual transmission models. For automatic transmissions, the miles per gallon rates are 26 for the city, 35 for the highway, and 30 combined for the Mazda MX-5 Miata.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata
- Responsive handling
- Intuitive infotainment system
- Swift acceleration
- Stylish cabin
- Average prices
- Good fuel economy for a sports car
- No Android Auto or Apple CarPlay
- Very small cargo area
- Rear-view mirror is unsightly
The Mazda MX-5 Miata made its debut at the 1989 Chicago auto show. This Miata appeared on the market in three colors, red, white, and blue, and featured pop-up headlights. Two years later, Mazda released the MX-5 Miata in a British Racing Green (BRG) special edition.
In 1992, the Mazda MX-5 added the color choice of Sunburst Yellow for a limited number of 1500 MX-5 models. In 1994, the engine was upgraded from a 1.6 liter to a 1.8-liter with four cylinders and 128 horsepower. This model also gained a new corporate badge attached to the nose, commonly called the "toilet-bowl badge."
Mazda released the 1995 MX-5 M Edition with many stylish upgrades to these cars. The year 1996 brought even more power to the engine with an increased 133 horsepower, and 1997 saw two special editions, which are the Special Touring Option (STO) in Twilight Blue and the M Edition in Marina Green Mica.
The second-generation MX-5 was released in 1999. This model has new exterior and interior styling compared to the previous versions but largely unchanged structural parts. The year 1999 also gained a special Tenth Anniversary Edition that features Sapphire Blue Mica paint, polished wheels, and a special body kit.
Mazda brought back the BRG in 2001 as a limited edition with 16-inch aluminum wheels, a wood-trimmed Nardi steering wheel, a six-speed manual transmission, chrome trim on the gauges, and a tan top and cabin area. The Special-Edition MX-5, released in 2002, gave owners two choices of colors with the Blazing Yellow Mica with a black interior and Titanium Gray Metallic with a brown interior.
Year 2003 gained the Special Edition, the Shinsen Version, and the Club Sport. In 2004, the Mazda MX-5 received a turbo-charged 178-horsepower four-cylinder engine, 17-inch Racing Hart wheels with performance tires, and a stiffer lowered suspension.
The third-generation Miata was released in 2006. The body has upgraded running gear and was larger and heavier than previous editions. In 2007, the Miata received a Power Retractable Hardtop (PRHT). The Mazda MX-5 was refreshed in 2009 with a new body style.
Mazda dropped the Touring trim in 2013 and introduced the Club trim. The Club features dark 17-inch wheels, black headlight trim, stripes on the rocker panels, a black roof for both the soft top and the PRHT, red stitching on the seats, and three-leaf-clover badges on the fenders.
Mazda released the Mazda MX-5 special 25th Anniversary Edition in 2015. It came with Soul Red exterior paint, black exterior mirrors, dark accents on the windshield, and dark wheels. The interior has almond-toned leather and metallic trim on the dashboard.
The fourth generation of the Mazda MX-5 appeared in 2016. This version is light and small and includes many safety features, such as front and side airbags.
In 2017, Mazda introduced the Retractable Fastback (RF). It's top looks similar to a fixed roof, but it is a unique folding top that folds into a space below the rear deck of the Mazda MX-5 Miata.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata
- Body Style
- 2.0L SKYACTIV-G DOHC 16-Valve I4 VVT
- 181 hp
- SKYACTIV-MT 6-Speed Manual
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L SKYACTIV-G DOHC 16-Valve I4 VVT
- Transmission: SKYACTIV-MT 6-Speed Manual -inc: short-throw shifter
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 2.87 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 45-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery
- 100 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 11.9 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 16" x 6.5" Metallic Black Aluminum Alloy
- Tires: P195/50R16 High-Performance Summer
- Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Black Side Windows Trim, Black Front Windshield Trim and Black Rear Window Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Black Power Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Manual Convertible Top w/Glass Rear Window and Windblocker Fixed Wind Blocker
- Black Grille
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Auto Off Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Auto-Leveling Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: AM/FM Sound System -inc: 6-speakers w/driver headrest speakers, auxiliary audio input jack, Bluetooth hands free phone and audio, speed-sensing automatic volume control and 2 USB audio inputs
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock and Steering Wheel Controls
- Fixed Antenna
- MAZDA CONNECT Infotainment System -inc: 7" full color touch screen, multi function commander control, voice command, radio broadcast data system program information, HD radio, Aha, Pandora, Stitcher internet radio integration, SMS text message audio delivery and relay and E911 automatic emergency notification
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Reclining Front Bucket Seats -inc: forward/back slide feature, driver side front tilt, integrated headrests and driver and passenger back panel covered storage
- 6-Way Driver Seat
- 4-Way Passenger Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Sport Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Vinyl Door Trim Insert
- Leather Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Upholstery
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Features -inc: Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Instrument Panel Bin
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Down
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Front Center Armrest
- Engine Immobilizer
- 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Side Airbag Head Extension
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera