Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Enormous interior
- Luxurious cabin
- Excellent power
- Strong towing capacity
- Attractive styling
Lincoln Navigator: Everything You Need to Know
About the Lincoln Navigator:
The Lincoln Navigator is a full-size luxury SUV enjoying a rebirth after a redesign in 2018. The Navigator makes a strong design statement backed up by solid practicality. It’s well-suited for those seeking a huge premium vehicle.
The Lincoln Navigator is luxurious, capable, and comfortable, making it a good buy.
What’s New in the 2019 Lincoln Navigator?
The 2019 Lincoln Navigator is almost unchanged after its full redesign. The only notable updates include shuffling of equipment on a handful of trim levels.
It also gains 3 new colors:
All versions of the 2019 Lincoln Navigator feature a 3.5-liter, twin-turbo V6. This motor generates 450 horsepower and 510 pound-feet of torque. These are enormous numbers for its class. A 10-speed automatic transmission is standard and all-wheel drive optional.
Fuel mileage for the Navigator is not great. It is rated at 16-mpg city and 23-mpg highway for rear-wheel drive models. Real-world numbers may be lower due to its immense weight.
What Does the 2019 Lincoln Navigator Compete With?
The 2019 Lincoln Navigator competes with the following vehicles:
The most popular version of the Lincoln Navigator is the Select trim. The Select introduces an adaptive suspension system and a top-down camera system. It also makes the Technology package available, which includes several active safety features.
The 2019 Lincoln Navigator is ideal for those who want a luxurious ride to tow heavy loads and haul many passengers.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Lincoln Navigator
The 2019 Lincoln Navigator maintains the same styling introduced in last year's redesign.
It has big road presence, with its illuminated front emblem, huge grille, slab sides, and elaborate lighting details. It's an imposing vehicle due to its size, but it's also quite classy. This is a difficult balance to strike for a large SUV.
An even longer version of the Navigator is available. The Navigator L adds extra cargo space to the interior of the truck.
The base Navigator Standard includes a spoiler, dual exhaust tips, full LED lighting, and 20-inch alloy rims. The Select introduces the option of the L body style, 22-inch rims and power running boards. The Navigator Reserve adds the glowing grille logo. The Black Label adds unique 22-inch rims and exterior trim details.
All Navigator L trims come with a standard panoramic sunroof. Regular wheelbase models offer it on the Reserve trim and above.
Interior Style in the 2019 Lincoln Navigator
The 2019 Lincoln Navigator has a top-notch cabin. The Navigator's materials, trim, and features compare well with other large luxury vehicles. The market has responded, making the Navigator a resounding success.
Everything about the vehicle's interior matches the price and image projected. There is plenty of wood and chrome throughout. Lincoln offers several different packages that add personality to the vehicle's living space. This particularly true in the Black Label model. The SUV very quiet at speed due to good sound insulation.
The 2019 Lincoln Navigator can seat up to 8 passengers in its standard configuration. Opt for second-row captain's chairs and a large center console replaces one of those seating positions. But it ups the SUV's already excellent interior storage possibilities.
The third row is large enough for adults. It features power folding and a recline feature. This makes the Navigator a truly comfortable three-row hauler. LATCH attachments are available.
The rear accommodations are nice but the available 30-way adjustable massaging front buckets are the best seats in the house.
The longer wheelbase in the Lincoln Navigator L adds cargo space, especially with all three rows in use. In total, there's 120.2 cubic feet of room available in the L and 103.3 in the standard Navigator. Either is more than enough to swallow whatever large items you might need to transport. You can add a shelf to the rear cargo area as an option. One word of warning: the second row console can get in the way if you're trying to stuff longer gear into the Lincoln.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Lincoln Navigator?
The 2019 Lincoln Navigator is replete with tech equipment and conveniences. Base models are well outfitted. Higher trim levels introduce a wealth of luxury, infotainment, and safety-related packages.
The 2019 Lincoln Navigator comes standard with:
Three-zone automatic climate control
MyKey. Allows parents to limit the speed of the vehicle and volume of the stereo for teen drivers
10-inch touchscreen infotainment system
Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
The following technology features are available as options:
Surround-view camera system
Wireless phone charging
20-speaker sound system
Automatic high beam headlights
Significant active safety equipment
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Lincoln Navigator?
The 2019 Lincoln Navigator provides excellent access to safety technology. Unfortunately, this equipment is not standard across the board, despite its high price tag. This means paying extra for features lesser vehicles include free of charge.
In fact, only blind spot monitoring is standard. This system keeps track of traffic along either side of the SUV, as well as when reversing into a lane.
This can be enhanced by the following available safety items for the 2019 Lincoln Navigator:
Adaptive cruise control. A feature that maintains a safe distance between the vehicle and traffic on the road ahead.
Lane departure warning and lane departure assist. This system alerts you if the SUV leaves its lane and can automatically steer it back between the painted lines.
Forward collision warning with pedestrian detection and automatic braking. A feature that brings the Navigator to a halt if an impact with an obstacle or pedestrian is possible.
These features are standard on top trims and available as a package on Select models.
What is the 2019 Lincoln Navigator Like to Drive?
Despite its hefty weight and size, the 2019 Lincoln Navigator is very quick in a straight line. Its 0-60-mph time of 5.5 seconds is on par with a sporty luxury sedan. Even the Navigator L adds just a tenth of a second to that measure.
This is thanks to the enormous power of its turbocharged V6 engine. For the most part its 10-speed automatic transmission is transparent, too. This means you never have to worry about what all of those gears are up to.
All-wheel drive adds good traction on snowy or rain-slicked roads. An available terrain management system improves capability when heading off-road. But the Lincoln Navigator is not intended to run trails or plow through deep mud.
The Lincoln Navigator's handling is compromised by its sheer size even with adaptive suspension. Don't expect a sporty driving experience from the Lincoln Navigator, and you won't be disappointed. Also don't expect it to be easy to park. This is a vehicle where some garages will be off limits, and most street spaces will be too small.
Instead, enjoy the considerable comfort in the 2019 Lincoln Navigator's ride. You can also revel in its gaudy tow rating. You can pull up to 8,700 pounds of trailer with the right hitch installed.
Should I Buy a Current 2019 Lincoln Navigator?
The 2019 Lincoln Navigator is attractive looking, well-appointed, powerful, and practical. High prices on top trim levels don't reflect the brand's reputation or resale value. This makes it hard to recommend the Navigator against European competitors. Lower trims offer the best balance of value and luxury.
Should I buy a Used Lincoln Navigator?
The Lincoln Navigator was all-new for 2018, so used examples are scarce. The previous generation Lincoln Navigator was not competitive as a luxury SUV. We do not recommend it.
How Much Does the New 2019 Lincoln Navigator Cost?
The 2019 Lincoln Navigator starts at a price of $73,205. A Lincoln Navigator L Black Label retails for $99,595.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Lincoln Navigator
- Extremely gifted under the hood
- Excellent towing and cargo capacity
- Well-appointed, luxurious cabin
- Stylish design
- Thirsty fuel mileage
- Expensive top trim levels
- Short list of standard safety features
- Difficult to drive on tight city roads
The History of the Lincoln Navigator: 21 years of Navigator
When the Lincoln Navigator was introduced in 1998, it was a revelation. It was the first over-the-top full-size luxury SUV. The Navigator developed a cultural cachet that made it a touchstone among well-heeled buyers. Over the years, the Navigator's formula wasn't updated to keep pace with rivals that followed. By the third generation in 2006 it was no longer competitive.
The 2018 redesign returned it to the conversation it started over 20 years ago.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Lincoln Navigator
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 3.5L Twin-Turbocharged V6
- 450 hp
- 10-Speed Automatic w/SelectShift
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.5L Twin-Turbocharged V6 -inc: Auto Start-Stop Technology
- Transmission: 10-Speed Automatic w/SelectShift -inc: paddle activation
- 3.73 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 7,350 lbs Payload Package
- 50-State Emission System -inc: Standard equipment in all states
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 78-Amp/Hr 675CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 250 Amp Alternator
- Class IV Towing Equipment -inc: Hitch and Trailer Sway Control
- Trailer Wiring Harness
- 1620# Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic w/Driver Control Ride Control Adaptive Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 23 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Short And Long Arm Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 20" 14-Spoke Ultra Bright Machined Alum -inc: painted pockets and 17" steel spare wheel
- Tires: P275/55R20 AS BSW -inc: (H-rated), 17" spare tire (P265/70R17)
- Spare Tire Stored Underbody w/Crankdown
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Metal-Look Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Chrome Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Step Bumper w/Chrome Bumper Insert
- Chrome Bodyside Moldings
- Chrome Side Windows Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Black Power w/Tilt Down Heated Side Mirrors w/Driver Auto Dimming, Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Flip-Up Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper, Heated Wiper Park and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Wiper Park
- Aluminum Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Power Running Boards
- Chrome Grille
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Directionally Adaptive Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Laminated Glass
- Radio: Revel AM/FM/HD/MP3 Audio System -inc: 14 speakers, speed-compensated volume, enhanced active noise control, 10" LCD capacitive touchscreen in center stack w/swipe capability, Lincoln Connect, 4G embedded modem w/WiFi hot spot capability, enables Lincoln Way app remote features (when activated), Lincoln Way app includes: find parking, pre-conditioning (schedule remote start), remote lock/unlock, remote start, schedule pick up and delivery, smartphone integrated technology and steering wheel audio controls
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Rear Controls and Radio Data System
- Regular Amplifier
- Digital Signal Processor
- Streaming Audio
- Window Grid Antenna
- SiriusXM Radio -inc: Subscriptions to all SiriusXM services are sold by SiriusXM after trial period, If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates, Fees and taxes apply, To cancel you must call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349, See SiriusXM customer agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com, All fees and programming subject to change, Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- Bucket Folding Bucket Front Facing Heated Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Leather Rear Seat w/Manual Fore/Aft and PowerFold Power Fold Into Floor
- Driver And Front Passenger Armrests and Rear Seat Mounted Armrest
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Fixed 60-40 Split-Bench Vinyl 3rd Row Seat Front, Power Recline, Power Fold Into Floor, 3 Manual and Adjustable Head Restraints
- Heated Leather/Genuine Wood Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Proximity Cargo Access and Keyfob Rear Window
- Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Voice Activated Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Headliner/Pillar Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Genuine Wood Instrument Panel Insert, Genuine Wood Door Panel Insert, Leatherette/Genuine Wood Console Insert and Piano Black/Chrome Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Premium Lthr Htd/Ventilated Low Back Comfort Seats -inc: 10-way captain's chairs w/4-way adjustable head restraints and 2-way power lumbar support w/reflexive manual independent thigh support, driver seat memory, enhanced micro-perforation and Lincoln Soft Touch
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage, Conversation Mirror, 4 12V DC Power Outlets and 1 AC Power Outlet
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Net
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors, Steering Wheel, Audio, HVAC and Pedals
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System -inc: SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link w/6-year prepaid subscription in the 48 contiguous states, Service not available in AK/HI, SiriusXM audio and data services each require a subscription sold separately, or as a package, by Sirius XM Radio Inc, If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates, Fees and taxes apply, To cancel you must call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349, See SiriusXM customer agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com, All fees and programming subject to change, Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SiriusXM Inc
- SYNC 3 Communications & Entertainment System -inc: enhanced voice recognition, 911 Assist, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and 2 smart charging USB ports, SYNC AppLink lets you control some of your favorite compatible mobile apps w/your voice, It is compatible w/select smartphone platforms, Commands may vary by phone and AppLink software
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power Adjustable Pedals
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Manual w/Tilt Rear Head Restraints
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Securilock Anti-Theft Ignition (pats) Engine Immobilizer
- 4 12V DC Power Outlets and 1 AC Power Outlet
- Air Filtration
- AdvanceTrac w/RSC Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Active Park Assist Plus Automated Parking Sensors
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Blind Spot Detection and Trailer Coverage Blind Spot Sensor
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) and Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Cross-traffic Alert
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Lane Keeping Assist Lane Keeping Assist
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Lane Keeping Assist Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st, 2nd And 3rd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag and Rear Side-Impact Airbag
- Mykey System -inc: Top Speed Limiter, Audio Volume Limiter, Early Low Fuel Warning, Programmable Sound Chimes and Beltminder w/Audio Mute
- Power Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera w/Washer