Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Top-notch standard safety features
- Stylish exterior design
- Luxury cabin comfort
- Responsive engine lineup
Lincoln Nautilus: Everything You Need to Know
About the Model:
The Lincoln Nautilus came into existence when Ford’s premium division revamped its entire lineup. Doing away with the “MK” nomenclature, which many thought confusing, the Lincoln MKX was the first vehicle to adopt the new brand strategy. Reborn as the Lincoln Nautilus, this midsize crossover SUV joined the roster for the 2019 model year.
What’s New in the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus?
The 2019 Lincoln Nautilus is an all-new, first-generation model. In its past life, as the MKX, it was available for two generations, from the 2007 through the 2018 model years.
The Lincoln Nautilus features new turbocharged engines. The standard 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine produces 250 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque. An optional 2.7-liter V6 is rated at 335 horsepower and 380 pound-feet of torque.
Both engines are mated to a new eight-speed automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive is standard, and Ford’s Intelligent All-Wheel Drive is available as an option.
The 2019 Lincoln Nautilus is available in four trim levels: base, Select, Reserve, and Black Label. Notable standard features include:
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 advanced safety
- Full LED lighting
- Hands-free power liftgate
- Active noise canceling
- Keyless entry with push-button start
- 12.3-inch LCD instrument cluster
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- SYNC 3 infotainment system
- Eight-inch LCD touchscreen
What Does the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Compete With?
The Lincoln Nautilus competes with the following midsize SUVs:
The premium crossover SUV category has no shortage of five-passenger, two-row vehicles. However, according to the automaker, the midsize Lincoln Nautilus is most closely matched against the Cadillac XT5 and Lexus RX 350.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus
The 2019 Lincoln Nautilus is not a complete overhaul of the former MKX. The vehicles are dimensionally identical, for example. Both sit on the same 112.2-inch wheelbase and measure 190 inches in length. But thanks to a new front end and LED lighting, the Lincoln Nautilus is a fashionable update and is clearly distinguishable from its previous identity.
A new mesh grille now commands the front end. This redesigned fascia replaces the old “mustachioed” one and better showcases the Lincoln star. All exterior lighting is LED. From the signature front headlights to the taillights, the Lincoln Nautilus will shine. Even the standard power-folding heated outside mirrors feature LED turn-signal indicators. Also restyled are the hood and front fenders. Chrome “Nautilus” badging is prominent but tasteful. Door handles and the dual exhaust tips get the chrome treatment, as well.
The Lincoln Nautilus is available in 11 exterior colors and a selection of 18- to 21-inch wheels. Those on the base model receive an 18-inch painted aluminum design. All other trims have brighter-paint machined aluminum styles.
The top-of-the-line Black Label trim features subtle exterior clues. Black-framed vehicle badges, 21-inch ultra-bright finish wheels, and multi-projector headlamps are standard. Much of what gives the Black Label its higher price tag is found within the more upscale cabin.
Interior Style in the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus
In keeping the measurements of its predecessor, the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus maintains a comfortable cabin. Familiar will be its 39.9 and 39.2 inches of front and rear headroom, respectively. Legroom is still 42.8 inches for front occupants and 39.6 inches for those in the rear. These figures are larger than the environs of the Cadillac XT5 and Lexus RX 350.
Cargo room with all seats up is 37.2 cubic feet. With a folded-flat second row, the number increases to a cavernous 68.8 cubic feet. Again, these figures are more than what is offered in the Cadillac and Lexus.
Unfortunately, the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus may be a bit too familiar for some shoppers. Much of its interior design is a carryover from the MKX, including the eight-inch infotainment screen. And its size is considered small when compared to the rest of the segment. What is new (and massive) is the 12.3-inch driver-information cluster. The Lincoln Nautilus also offers a selection of compelling colors and materials.
Based on trim level and package options, the Lincoln Nautilus pampers with available Ultra Comfort 22-way power-adjustable seats, a panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting, perforated Venetian leather, and various wood grains. Heating is available for the steering wheel and all seating positions. The front seats can be optioned with cooling, as well.
Black Label models add exclusivity with the choice of three interior themes: Chalet, Gala, and Thoroughbred. From the all-inclusive features to the minutiae of the perforation hole shapes, these themes offer a style befitting of their opulent names.
Technology: (What Technology Comes in the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus?)
The 2019 Lincoln Nautilus is chock full of technology and connectivity. Although the infotainment screen is smaller than many in this class, its functionality and features keep the Nautilus competitive.
The following are standard on the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus:
- Eight-inch infotainment touchscreen
- Remote start
- Keyless entry with push-button start
- 12.3-inch instrument-cluster screen
- Lincoln Connect 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot
- AM/FM/SiriusXM radio with single-CD player
- 11-speaker audio system with subwoofer
- Multiple USB ports
The SYNC 3 system, also standard, and includes:
- Enhanced voice recognition
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability
- Waze app traffic integration
- Amazon Alexa compatibility
- SiriusXM Travel and Traffic Link
- Over-the-air updates
Other available technology includes voice-activated navigation, wireless charging, a rear-seat DVD entertainment system, and two audio packages. Both the 13-speaker Revel Audio and 19-speak Revel Ultima premium sound systems include HD Radio as well.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus?
The 2019 Lincoln Nautilus has been tested by both the IIHS and NHTSA. The vehicle was awarded the highest overall safety rating from NHTSA. Both front-wheel- and all-wheel-drive models received five stars. In IIHS tests, the Lincoln Nautilus garnered plenty of “Good” grades but failed to achieve a Top Safety Pick designation due to underachieving headlights.
All models feature Lincoln Co-Pilot360. This suite of safety technologies includes:
- Blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert
- Rearview camera with washer
- Automatic high beams
- Pre-collision assist with pedestrian detection
- Lane-departure warning with lane-keep assist
- Automatic emergency braking
Additional standard and available driver-assistance technologies include:
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go capability
- Active parking assist
- Evasive steering assist
- Lane centering
- 360-degree camera view
What is the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Like to Drive?
The 2019 Lincoln Nautilus is more about pomp than performance. Both turbocharged engines are engaging and offer plenty of power. But the driving manner of the Nautilus is leisurely at best. Paddle shifters are standard, but the eight-speed automatic is so smooth in operation, there’s really no need.
Selecting “S” (sport) on the shift panel adjusts only the transmission’s gear ratios. For added sport tuning, change the drive setting within the touchscreen panel. This will enhance steering and suspension feel, but only slightly. There is also a Comfort mode, which shifts the dynamic feel from comfortable to floaty. While it’s well-suited to low-speed city driving, any fast cornering will make the Nautilus will feel disconnected.
Fuel economy for the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus is rated at 21 mpg city, 26 mpg highway, and 23 combined mpg for the 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. When equipped with AWD, mileage for the four-cylinder drops to 20/25/22 mpg. The 2.7-liter V6 returns an EPA-estimated 20/27/22 mpg for FWD models and 19/26/21 mpg for AWD.
Should I Buy a 2019 Lincoln Nautilus?
The 2019 Lincoln Nautilus is an all-new name, but beyond its technology, styling updates, and interior design, much of the vehicle is still an MKX. And its most appealing features, like those posh cabin materials, are reserved for the higher-priced trims. Still, if you’re a Lincoln fan but didn’t like the look of the previous model, the new Nautilus will fill the bill. No timetable has been made regarding the arrival of an all-new Nautilus.
Lincoln offers the ultimate personal touch with its Black Label program. Beyond the high-fashion trim level, Black Label is essentially a members-only package. Privileges include a culinary concierge with fine-dining access, invitation-only rental membership, and expedited travel via a yearlong CLEAR membership. Complimentary vehicle-specific services include scheduled maintenance, vehicle pick-up and delivery, regular car washes, and annual complete detailing.
Should I buy a Used Lincoln Nautilus? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
This is the first year of the Lincoln Nautilus, so reliability scores are unavailable. If you’re considering the outgoing Lincoln MKX as a used version, recent studies have shown the vehicle to be of average quality and dependability. Early MKX models have fared better. The 2009 Lincoln MKX earned the highest rating from J.D. Power. Model years 2007-2008 and 2013-2015 also received above-average scores of four (out of five) or better.
How Much Does the 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Cost?
The 2019 Lincoln Nautilus starts at $41,335, including a destination fee of $995. The base model is available with the standard 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine only. Select, Reserve, and Black Label trims can be optioned with a V6 for $2,070 more. All-wheel drive can be added to all Nautilus vehicles for an additional $2,495, regardless of the trim or engine type.
Keep in mind that a Nautilus Black Label with AWD and the V6 engine will run you $62,455, with the destination fee. This is a long way from the starting line of the entry vehicle.
A trailering option is available for $630 and gives the Lincoln Nautilus a towing capacity of up to 3,500 pounds. This package can be ordered on any Nautilus configuration except the base model. Other extra-cost packages offer more technology, interior upgrades, and enhanced exterior trim.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Lincoln Nautilus
- Fashionable exterior design
- Peppy turbocharged engines
- Indulgent interior materials
- Impressive standard safety features
- Not a full redesign from the MKX
- Small infotainment screen
- Uninspired driving dynamics
- Many luxury amenities reserved for higher trims
The History of Lincoln Nautilus: One Year of Nautilus
Although officially an all-new model, the Lincoln Nautilus can be considered a mid-cycle refresh of the MKX, which first appeared in 2007. The vehicles share the same underpinnings, and many MKX features carry over to the Nautilus. However, the Nautilus does feature a new drivetrain, new front fascia, and more standard safety features.
A five-passenger midsize crossover SUV, the Lincoln Nautilus is manufactured in Oakville, Ontario, Canada.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Lincoln Nautilus
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 2.0L Turbocharged I-4
- 245 hp
- 8-Speed Automatic w/SelectShift
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L Turbocharged I-4 -inc: auto start-stop technology
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic w/SelectShift
- 3.80 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 5,440 lbs
- 50 State Emission System
- Front-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 72-Amp/Hr 650CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 175 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Steering
- 18 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 18" Premium Painted Aluminum -inc: 18" mini steel spare wheel
- Tires: P245/60R18 AS BSW V-Rated -inc: T155/70R18 mini spare tire
- Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Chrome Bodyside Insert and Black Bodyside Cladding
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Driver Auto Dimming, Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Metal-Look Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Led Low/High Beam Auto High-Beam Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Laminated Glass
- Radio: SiriusXM -inc: 10-speakers and subwoofer, SiriusXM radio includes a six-month prepaid subscription in the 48 contiguous states, Service not available in AK/HI, SiriusXM audio and data services each require a subscription sold separately, or as a package, by SiriusXM Radio, Inc, If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then current rates, Fees and taxes apply, To cancel you must call SiriusXM at 1-866- 635-2349, See SiriusXM customer agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com, All fees and programming subject to change, Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Regular Amplifier
- Digital Signal Processor
- Streaming Audio
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- SYNC 3 Communications & Entertainment System -inc: enhanced voice recognition, 8" LCD capacitive touchscreen in center stack w/swipe capability, SYNC AppLink, 911 Assist, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and 2 smart charging USB ports, Note: SYNC AppLink lets you control some of your favorite compatible mobile apps w/your voice, It is compatible w/select smartphone platforms, Commands may vary by phone and AppLink software
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Leatherette Front Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- 8-Way Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Leatherette Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Proximity Cargo Access
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Distance Pacing w/Traffic Stop-Go
- Voice Activated Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning w/Steering Wheel Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Aluminum Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look Console Insert, Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents and Leatherette Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Heated Lincoln Soft-Touch Front Bucket Seats -inc: comfort seats (10-way) power driver and passenger seat w/two-way power lumbar, driver seat memory and 4-way manual adjust head restraints
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Locking Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim, Carpet And Rubber Mat
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Remote Engine Start
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Securilock Anti-Theft Ignition (pats) Engine Immobilizer
- 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- AdvanceTrac w/RSC Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Reverse Sensing System Rear Parking Sensors
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) Blind Spot Sensor
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Automatic Emergency Braking and Rear Collision Warning
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Lane Keeping Aid Lane Keeping Assist
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Lane Keeping Aid Lane Departure Warning
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Safety Canopy System Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Mykey System -inc: Top Speed Limiter, Audio Volume Limiter, Early Low Fuel Warning, Programmable Sound Chimes and Beltminder w/Audio Mute
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera w/Washer