Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Large trunk for the segment
- Lower starting price than rivals
- Comfortable ride
- Quiet cabin
2019 Lincoln MKZ: Everything You Need to Know By Jaclyn Trop
About the Lincoln MKZ
The 2019 Lincoln MKZ is a midsize sedan from Ford’s luxury brand. This four-door, five-passenger model prizes comfort, where its counterparts from German and Japanese brands give equal weight to performance.
The MKZ comes well-equipped with the standard features buyers expect in a vehicle in this class. Its trunk space exceeds that of its rivals, and it can be ordered with all-wheel drive. The MKZ does, however, lag behind some competitors when it comes to outright luxury.
What’s New in the 2019 Lincoln MKZ?
For the 2019 model year, the Lincoln MKZ received more standard safety equipment and renamed its trim levels. In addition, the turbocharged V6 engine is now only available on the Reserve II trim.
The 2019 Lincoln MKZ comes in three trims: base, Reserve I, and Reserve II, each with an increasing number of comfort and convenience features. Lincoln discontinued its range-topping Black Label trim for this model.
A turbocharged four-cylinder engine is standard. The Reserve II trim is available with a high-horsepower, twin-turbocharged V6. All models come equipped with blind-spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, and a pre-collision system.
Exterior colors include Ruby Red, White Platinum, Black, Ingot Silver, Iced Mocha, Crystal Copper, Blue Diamond, Ceramic Pearl, and Magnetic Gray. Several are new for the 2019 model year, and some are only available at extra cost.
What Does the Lincoln MKZ Compete With?
The 2019 Lincoln MKZ’s top competitors include:
The Lincoln MKZ is not as sporty as its competitors, and it may lack some of their luxurious interior amenities. However, it’s also not as expensive as these German and Japanese rivals.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Lincoln MKZ
A 2017 redesign gave the Lincoln MKZ a body similar to the brand’s Continental flagship sedan. Its shape is reasonably sleek and fits in with other cars in the segment. There is plenty of room in front, but the sloping roofline may limit headroom for taller adults sitting in the back seat.
The MKZ sports Lincoln’s signature grille, chrome exhaust tips, LED taillights, and body-color door handles with a chrome insert. A retractable panoramic glass roof is optional. The MKZ comes standard with 18-inch aluminum wheels, though buyers can upgrade to 19-inch wheels.
Interior Style in the 2019 Lincoln MKZ
The 2019 Lincoln MKZ can seat five people on leatherette upholstery. Standard features include dual-zone automatic climate control, driver-seat memory settings, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and heated, 10-way power-adjustable front seats. Pertinent information is displayed on a 10.1-inch configurable LCD gauge cluster.
Buyers can add leather upholstery, heated rear seats, ventilated and massaging front seats, and a power-adjustable heated steering wheel. Other options include genuine wood trim, ambient lighting, and a power trunk lid.
The MKZ’s cabin is not as upscale as those of its luxury rivals. However, Lincoln’s midsize sedan boasts segment-leading trunk space. And all models come with a split-folding rear seat for transporting oversized items. Models above the base level come with genuine leather upholstery.
The top-tier Reserve II trim replaces Lincoln’s Black Label treatment for the MKZ. Upgrades for this trim include massaging and ventilated front seats.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Lincoln MKZ?
The 2019 Lincoln MKZ comes with standard features typical for a midsize sedan. All models include Bluetooth connectivity, as well as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration. There’s also satellite radio, dual USB ports, an 11-speaker stereo system, and the brand’s SYNC 3 infotainment system with an eight-inch touch screen.
Available features include HD Radio, voice-activated navigation, 14- or 20-speaker Revel audio systems, and USB ports for the rear seat. Some buyers may choose to add 12-volt power-points and a 110-volt power outlet.
Lincoln replaced its clunky MyLincoln Touch interface with the easier-to-use SYNC 3 infotainment system for the 2017 model year. In addition to being more intuitive, SYNC 3 understands voice controls and can perform certain functions on command.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Lincoln MKZ
The 2019 Lincoln MKZ comes standard with more advanced driver assistance features than last year’s model. These come under the umbrella of Lincoln’s Co-Pilot360 suite of automated driver-assistance features.
All trim levels come equipped with a rearview camera, lane-keep assist, adaptive cruise control, rear parking sensors, automatic high beams, forward-collision warning, blind-spot monitoring, and automatic emergency braking. The Reserve II trim adds parallel-park assist.
What is the 2019 Lincoln MKZ like to drive?
The 2019 Lincoln MKZ comes standard with a 245-horsepower, 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine. A V6 is only available with the range-topping Reserve II trim. Both engines are mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. The MKZ has three drive modes to tune its ride characteristics: Normal, Comfort, and Sport.
The base engine provides adequate power while driving around town but can feel underpowered on the highway, especially when merging. Overall, the sedan’s performance rates as slow and lackluster compared with rival models. Its steering feels light, but selecting Sport mode can improve the feel.
The 3.0-liter, twin-turbocharged V6 engine available on the Reserve II trim provides better power and acceleration, putting it on par with some competitors. Models equipped with front-wheel drive deliver 350 horsepower. All-wheel-drive models achieve an impressive 400 horsepower.
The MKZ’s ride is quiet and comfortable but not dynamic. Its standard adaptive suspension handles corners and bumps in the road smoothly. Note that the car has less rear legroom than other sedans in its class. Adults sitting in the back may feel cramped.
Should I Buy a New Lincoln MKZ?
The 2019 Lincoln MKZ does not offer as much power and does not provide as luxurious a ride as rivals like the Mercedes-Benz E-Class or Audi A6. However, it’s one of the most affordable choices in the midsize luxury sedan segment. The top-tier Reserve II model with a host of comfort and convenience features can clock in for less than the starting price of most rival models.
Buyers are entitled to perks that Lincoln has implemented to compete with rival luxury brands. A dealer will pick up and deliver the MKZ to a customer’s preferred location for maintenance and service appointments. The company will also provide a loaner vehicle while the car is being serviced. Owners can schedule maintenance, pickup, and delivery with the Lincoln Way app.
Should I Buy a Used Lincoln MKZ? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The current-generation Lincoln MKZ first appeared in 2013. It then received updated exterior styling and the 400-horsepower twin-turbocharged V6 option as part of a 2017 refresh.
That means some used models look and feel much like the 2019 edition. Those from 2017 and 2018 replace the complicated MyLincoln Touch infotainment system with the brand’s user-friendly SYNC 3 interface. We’d suggest looking for one from these years.
How Much Does the 2019 Lincoln MKZ Cost?
The 2019 Lincoln MKZ starts at $36,990, including a $995 destination charge. That’s thousands of dollars less than the Lexus ES, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Audi A6, and BMW 5-Series. Only the Acura TLX base model costs less than the MKZ.
Lincoln’s midsize sedan comes with several advanced driver assistance features that push up the price in some other cars. For example, the standard Lincoln Co-Pilot360 system includes blind-spot monitoring, forward-collision warning, automatic high beams, and lane-keep assist.
Starting at $39,990, with destination charge, the Reserve I trim adds genuine leather upholstery, a voice-activated navigation system, ambient lighting, satellite radio, a 110-volt power outlet, a power trunk lid, and two USB charging ports for the rear seat.
The range-topping Reserve II trim begins at $45,990, with destination -- nearly five-figures less than comparable base models from Mercedes-Benz, Audi, and BMW. It adds standard features like a 14-speaker audio system, a power moonroof, massaging front seats, and heated rear seats. The optional twin-turbo V6 costs $2,750.
Buyers can add all-wheel drive to all models for an additional $2,000. There are also a number of extra-cost packages and standalone options available for various trim levels.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Lincoln MKZ
- Quiet interior
- Comfortable cabin
- SYNC 3 infotainment system
- Large trunk
- Lower price than most rivals
- Underwhelming performance
- V6 engine is only available on highest trim
- Cabin is not as luxurious as competitors
- Handling lags behind the competition
The History of the Lincoln MKZ: 13 years of the Lincoln MKZ
The Lincoln MKZ midsize sedan debuted for the 2006 model year and is now in its second generation. It was originally called the Lincoln Zephyr, but the manufacturer changed the name to MKZ for 2007.
Over the years, Lincoln has added more standard features to the MKZ to keep it on a competitive footing with Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, and other luxury brands. The MKZ is built on the same platform as its counterpart from Lincoln’s sister brand, the Ford Fusion.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Lincoln MKZ
- Body Style
- Turbocharged 2.0L I-4
- 245 hp
- 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: Turbocharged 2.0L I-4
- Transmission: 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic -inc: steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
- 50-State Emissions System -inc: Standard equipment in all states
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 3.21 Axle Ratio
- 590CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic w/Driver Control Ride Control Adaptive Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 16.5 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 18" 5-Spoke Machined Aluminum -inc: premium painted pockets and 17" mini spare steel wheel
- Tires: 245/45R18 XL All-Season BSW -inc: 17" mini spare tire T125/70D17
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Chrome Side Windows Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Driver Auto Dimming, Convex Spotter, Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Wiper Park
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Metal-Look Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam High Intensity Low/High Beam Directionally Adaptive Auto High-Beam Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Laminated Glass
- Radio: Lincoln Premium Sound System -inc: 11-speakers w/MP3 capability and SiriusXM radio w/six-month prepaid subscription in the 48 contiguous states, Service not available in AK/HI, Subscriptions to all SiriusXM services are sold by SiriusXM after trial period, If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates, Fees and taxes apply, To cancel you must call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349, See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com, All fees and programming subject to change, Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Streaming Audio
- Window Grid Antenna
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Heated Lincoln Soft Touch Front Seats -inc: comfort seats (10-way) power driver/passenger w/two-way power lumbar and recliner and driver seat memory
- Bucket Front Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- 8-Way Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Distance Pacing w/Traffic Stop-Go
- Voice Activated Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Aluminum Instrument Panel Insert, Aluminum Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look Console Insert and Chrome Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Remote Engine Start
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- SYNC 3 Communications & Entertainment System -inc: enhanced voice recognition, 8" LCD capacitive touchscreen in center stack w/swipe capability, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, 911 Assist, 2 front USB ports and SYNC AppLink, Note: SYNC AppLink lets you control some of your favorite compatible mobile apps w/your voice, It is compatible w/select smartphone platforms, Commands may vary by phone and AppLink software
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Pass-Thru w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Securilock Anti-Theft Ignition (pats) Engine Immobilizer
- 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- AdvanceTrac Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) Blind Spot Sensor
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) and Rear Collision Warning
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Lane Keeping Assist Lane Keeping Assist
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Lane Keeping Assist Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Mykey System -inc: Top Speed Limiter, Audio Volume Limiter, Early Low Fuel Warning, Programmable Sound Chimes and Beltminder w/Audio Mute
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera