Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Three-row SUV
- Elegant design
- Low starting price
- Upscale cabin
2020 Lincoln Aviator: Everything You Need to Know
About the 2020 Lincoln Aviator:
The Lincoln MKC is a luxury mid-size SUV from Ford’s Lincoln division. It slots between the Lincoln Nautilus mid-size crossover and Lincoln Navigator full-size SUV.
Lincoln manufactured an Aviator SUV between 2002 and 2005. The brand resurrected the nameplate for the 2020 model year.
What’s New in the 2020 Lincoln Aviator?
The 2020 Lincoln Aviator marks the nameplate’s return to the luxury SUV market. The three-row utility vehicle seats seven passengers. The 2020 Aviator features all-new exterior and interior design. Technology and safety features abound.
The 2020 Lincoln Aviator is available in five trims. These include standard, Reserve, Grand Touring, Black Label, and Black Label Grand Touring.
- Standard: The Lincoln Aviator is powered by a 400-horsepower, twin-turbo 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine. All models come with Bluetooth, two USB ports, satellite radio, and a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Reserve: The Reserve trim adds quad-zone climate control, ambient lighting, and leather upholstery. Adaptive cruise control, a panoramic sunroof, a wireless charging pad, and a head-up display are available. This trim also comes with an option for adaptive suspension.
- Grand Touring: The Aviator’s middle trim gets a hybrid powertrain and all-wheel drive. The Grand Touring upgrades to a 450-horsepower, twin-turbo 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine.
- Black Label: This luxury trim upgrades the Aviator’s upholstery to premium leather. The SUV’s power front seats are heated and ventilated. The second row is heated and ventilated. The back row gets two more USB ports.
- Grand Touring Black Label: The range-topping trim keeps the upgraded engine. Standard features include heated windshield wipers and a heated steering wheel.
Standard exterior colors include Infinite Black, Blue Diamond, Magnetic Gray, and Silver Radiance. Optional colors include Iced Mocha, Crystal Copper, Ceramic Pearl, Burgundy Velvet, Pristine White, and Red Carpet.
What Does the 2020 Lincoln Aviator Compete With?
The 2020 Lincoln Aviator competes with seven-passenger luxury SUVs. Top competitors include:
- Acura MDX
- Cadillac XT6
- Audi Q7
- BMW X7
- Infiniti QX60
- Land Rover Discovery
- Range Rover Sport
- Lexus GX
- Volvo XC90
The new Aviator offers upscale styling and competitive pricing.
Exterior Design of the 2020 Lincoln Aviator
The 2020 Lincoln Aviator boasts a massive chrome grille and a commanding presence. The mid-size Aviator features sleek lines and muscular proportions. All models come with LED headlights and taillights.
The Black Label Aviator treatment sports a reverse lattice mesh grille. Aviator’s Grand Touring and Black Label Grand Touring grille features an embedded star pattern.
Interior Style in the 2020 Lincoln Aviator
The 2020 Lincoln Aviator seats seven passengers comfortably across three rows. The Aviator utilizes a two-three-two seating configuration. The second-row bench seat can be swapped for plush, spacious captain’s chairs. This reduces occupancy from seven to six. But it does increase comfort for second-row passengers.
The spacious cabin has high-quality materials such as premium leather and wood trim. An 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat is standard.
The Aviator provides enough cargo space for several suitcases. The rear seats fold down for more room.
Technology: What Technology Comes in the 2020 Lincoln Aviator?
Aviator has Lincoln brand’s SYNC3 voice-recognition infotainment and technology system. It plays on a 10-inch touch screen. The system is responsive and easy to use. Users can also control the touch screen with physical buttons.
Standard features include Bluetooth, two USB ports, satellite radio and a nine-speaker audio system. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto provide smartphone connectivity. A built-in Wi-Fi hotspot completes the technology. Black Label models add navigation and a 28-speaker Revel premium audio system.
The 2020 Lincoln Aviator is the brand’s first model to offer Lincoln’s Phone As A Key technology. The system allows owners to use their compatible smartphone as a key to lock, unlock, and start the vehicle and open its liftgate. It is activated through the Lincoln Way app.
Owners can assign four virtual keys to secondary drivers. If a phone battery dies, the system lets owners enter the car by typing a passcode on the Aviator’s standard exterior keypad. A backup code can be entered on the center touch screen to start and drive the vehicle. The Phone As A Key function can be deleted if a phone is lost or stolen.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2020 Lincoln Aviator?
The 2020 Lincoln Aviator has a host of standard and optional driver-assistance safety features. Its standard Lincoln Co-Pilot 360 suite of driver assistance features includes:
- Automatic emergency braking
- Lane departure warning system
- Adaptive cruise control
- Forward collision warning system
- Road departure mitigation
- 360-degree camera
The Lincoln Co-Pilot 360 Plus system adds:
- Traffic Jam Assist. This function uses adaptive cruise control, lane centering, and traffic sign recognition technology to guide the vehicle and adjust its speed based on road conditions.
- Evasive Steer Assist. This capability provides additional steering support when the system thinks a collision cannot be avoided by braking alone.
- Reverse Brake Assist. This feature helps stop the vehicle if the Aviator’s integrated rear sensors and camera detect an obstacle when reversing.
- Active Park Assist Plus. This system takes over steering, shifting, braking and acceleration functions to navigate parallel and perpendicular parking spaces with ease.
What is the 2020 Lincoln Aviator like to drive?
The 2020 Lincoln Aviator is powered by a 400-horsepower, twin-turbo 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine. The Grand Touring models come with a 450-horsepower, twin-turbo 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine. This is paired with a hybrid powertrain. Both engines pack enough power to merge on the highway and pass slow-moving cars. A 10-speed automatic transmission is standard.
The Aviator comes with five drive modes. The modes are Normal, Conserve, Excite, Slippery, and Deep Conditions. The settings customize the SUV’s performance to the terrain. The Grand Touring models come with two more modes for electric driving. Pure EV and Preserve EV let drivers optimize their use of electric energy. An enhanced Excite mode helps maximize performance.
Lincoln’s noise-cancelling technology produces a quiet cabin.
Should I Buy a 2020 Lincoln Aviator?
The Lincoln Aviator provides a powerful, yet smooth ride. It is spacious and roomy enough for seven adults to fit comfortably. Comfortable seating, tech amenities, and safety features make this a great family car. Pricing is competitive with other rival SUVs in its class. Attractive on the inside and out, the Lincoln Aviator is a good buy.
Should I buy a Used Lincoln Aviator? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The modern Aviator is brand new to the market. Finding a used 2020 Lincoln Aviator will be very difficult. This is the first Lincoln Aviator model introduced since the brand discontinued the first generation in 2005.
How Much Does the 2020 Lincoln Aviator Cost?
The 2020 Lincoln Aviator begins at $51,100, a reasonable for the three-row SUV segment. Heated rear seats and a heated steering wheel are available through the $1,000 Elements package.
The Aviator’s mid-range Reserve trim begins at $56,190. Pricing for the hybrid Grand Touring model starts at $68,800.
Aviator models equipped with the top-of-the-line Black Label start at $77,695. The Black Label Grand Touring model begins at $87,800.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Lincoln Aviator
- Powerful standard V6 engine
- Optional hybrid powertrains
- Elegantly-designed interior
- Ultra-luxury Black Label trim series
- Higher trims are pricy
- Cramped third row
- Handling not as dynamic as some rivals
The History of the Lincoln Aviator: One year of the Lincoln Aviator
The Lincoln Aviator midsize SUV was introduced to the market in 2002. Lincoln, a division of the Ford Motor Company, discontinued the model in 2005 due to slow sales.
The brand debuted the prototype for the second-generation Aviator in 2018. The new nameplate replaces the mid-size MKT SUV in Lincoln’s lineup.
The SUV went into production in late summer 2019 as a 2020 model. It will share a platform with the Ford Explorer SUV.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Lincoln Aviator
- Body Style
- Twin-Turbocharged 3.0L V6
- 400 hp
- 10-Speed Automatic w/SelectShift
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: Twin-Turbocharged 3.0L V6 -inc: auto stop-start technology,
- Transmission: 10-Speed Automatic w/SelectShift
- 3.58 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: TBD
- 50-State Emission System
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 220 Amp Alternator
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 20.2 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 19" Bright Machined -inc: dark tarnish premium paint,
- Tires: 255/60R19
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert
- Black Bodyside Insert and Black Wheel Well Trim
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Black Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Driver Auto Dimming, Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper, Heated Wiper Park and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Chrome Grille
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Led Low/High Beam Auto High-Beam Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Laminated Glass
- Radio: Lincoln Premium Audio System -inc: 10 speakers and subwoofer,
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls and SYNC 3 External Memory Control
- Regular Amplifier
- Streaming Audio
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- SiriusXM Radio -inc: a 6-month prepaid subscription in the 48 contiguous states, Service not available in AK/HI, SiriusXM audio and data services each require a subscription sold separately or as a package by SiriusXM Radio Inc, If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates, Fees and taxes apply, To cancel you must call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349, See SiriusXM customer agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com, All fees and programming subject to change, Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SiriusXM Radio Inc
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Lincoln Soft Touch Heated Front Seats -inc: 10-way power driver and passenger comfort seats w/2-way power lumbar and driver seat memory,
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- 8-Way Passenger Seat
- 35-30-35 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Tumble Forward Leatherette Rear Seat w/Manual Fore/Aft
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Lincoln Connect Mobile Hotspot Internet Access
- Fixed 50-50 Split-Bench Vinyl 3rd Row Seat Front, Power Fold Into Floor and 2 Fixed Head Restraints
- Leather/Piano Black Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Voice Activated Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Auxiliary Rear Heater and Headliner/Pillar Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Piano Black/Aluminum Instrument Panel Insert, Piano Black Door Panel Insert, Aluminum Console Insert, Metal-Look Interior Accents and Leatherette Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage, 2 12V DC Power Outlets and 1 AC Power Outlet
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Remote Engine Start
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- SYNC 3 Communication & Entertainment System -inc: enhanced voice recognition, 10.1" LCD capacitive touchscreen in center stack w/swipe capability, 911 Assist, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, 2 smart-charging data-capable USB ports in media bin (types A & C) - console rear panel and SYNC AppLink, SYNC AppLink lets you control some of your favorite compatible mobile apps w/your voice, It is compatible w/select smartphone platforms, Commands may vary by phone and AppLink software
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Manual w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Securilock Anti-Theft Ignition (pats) Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets and 1 AC Power Outlet
- Air Filtration
- AdvanceTrac w/RSC Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) Blind Spot Sensor
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Automatic Emergency Braking and Rear Collision Warning
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Lane Keeping Aid Lane Keeping Assist
- Lincoln Co-Pilot360 - Lane Keeping Aid Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Safety Canopy System Curtain 1st, 2nd And 3rd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Mykey System -inc: Top Speed Limiter, Audio Volume Limiter, Early Low Fuel Warning, Programmable Sound Chimes and Beltminder w/Audio Mute
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera w/Washer
- Front Camera w/Washer