Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Attention-grabbing exterior styling
- Lexus Enform Remote system
- Two-tone instrument panel in the front
- Intuitive Parking Assist
Lexus RX 450h Overview
The 2019 Lexus RX 450h is the culmination of years spent perfecting a luxury hybrid SUV on the inside and the out. Improvements were made to the cabin, the performance, and the body.
Lexus first introduced a gas/electric model more than 10 years ago. The 2018 and 2019 Lexus models are proof that this automaker continues to offer vehicle consumers a quality, fuel-efficient SUV.
With the latest incarnation of the Lexus RX, you’ll have a 2019 SUV that comes with a D-4S injection 3.5-liter V-6 engine. Together, the two operating systems produce 308 horsepower. This is something that you’re sure to appreciate once you get out on the open road and feel the power kick in.
Not only does this top SUV have plenty of motor power, but it also gets 31 mpg when you’re driving in the city. It gets 28 mpg on the highway, which makes for a combined mpg estimate of 30. In comparison, the RX 350 gets 23 mpg combined.
The exterior body styling of this 2019 Lexus is distinctive and sharp. It is sure to capture more than its share of admiring glances as you drive it.
The 2018 is just as attractive. Buy this older model to save a few bucks. It has the same great exterior body styling, too.
Like the 450h, the RX 450hl and the RX 350 both feature the Lexus signature front grille with its sophisticated chrome-plated border. The RX 450hl and RX 350 also have Bi-LED headlights and rear taillights.
With the Lexus RX 450h, you’ll have five seats. This is one of those chameleon-type vehicles since people from all walks of life will find that it suits their lifestyles. From young professionals just getting started in their careers to 30-somethings with a family, this Lexus RX model is a great vehicle to own.
Advantages of Owning a Lexus RX 450 SUV
The advantages of owning a new, used, or pre-owned Lexus RX include the appropriate sizing of the vehicle and the different drive modes that are available. These give you a higher level of control.
Normal mode is the perfect choice for everyday driving. This mode balances performance with conserving energy.
If you’re the type of person who prefers to conserve energy whenever you’re behind the wheel, then you can select the 2019 Lexus RX’s Eco mode. It operates the vehicle's motor as efficiently as possible.
The RX 450 EV mode lets you go all electric on short distances. The Sport mode delivers a better throttle response for increased power.
Lexus opted to pair the RX 350's engine with an eight-speed transmission in either the FWD or AWD models. A transmission with this configuration gives you better fuel efficiency. It can increase a vehicle’s fuel economy by as much as 11% when you compare it to older six-speed transmissions.
The 450h RX’s list of standard equipment adds to the advantages of owning one. Every trim comes with a media and audio infotainment system, two handy USB ports, and navigation.
You can also add appreciated amenities like a panoramic moonroof if you want to see the stars and a bigger infotainment display for easier navigation. You may also wish to have a high-level audio system with 15 speakers. This is great if jamming out to your tunes is something that increases the value of a car for you.
The interior of the SUV is well-appointed with top materials, handy storage cubbies, and comfortable front seats.
What Does It Feel Like behind the Wheel?
When it comes to the motor performance of the 450h, Lexus keeps up with the competition.
The thing that you’ll notice once you get behind the wheel at the dealer is that the RX 450h handles itself well on the road. It has plenty of zip without that unnatural float that some older vehicles out there have. Thanks to its navigation system, you never have to worry about getting lost during a drive around an unfamiliar town.
What Should You Know about Safety?
In the category of safety, the year 2019 Lexus RX received five out of five stars when the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration tested it. Features include an interior rearview camera, forward collision warning system, and pedestrian detection.
You can get a premium RX 450h with more safety features. Available ones consist of blind-spot monitoring, a 360-degree camera, and a rear cross-traffic braking system.
What about Airbags?
Additional safety equipment in the 450hl includes the following airbags:
- Ones to protect your knees and lower extremities
- Overhead airbags to keep occupants' heads protected
- Side airbags to keep your torso safe if side-impact crashes occur
- Front airbags to protect your head in the event of a front-end crash
Things to Know about the Trim Options
The RX 450h, the RX 450hl, and the 450h F Sport are a few of the vehicle model’s trims. They feature all of the standard offerings that Lexus is including in its hybrid models. The 450hl has seating for seven people with an extra row of rear seating.
Its list of standard features is the same as the 450h.
The RX 450h Sport trim will cost you a bit more because it comes with a sport-tuned suspension that includes adaptive variable control components. The Lexus RX 450h is a modern-day luxury car. If you buy one, it will be a vehicle that reveals your sophisticated sense of style.
Pros and Cons of the 2016 Lexus RX 450h
- Well-designed interior
- Top-notch audio system
- Luxuriously quiet interior with comfortable seats
- Excellent fuel economy
- Nice ride quality
- Limited cargo room
- Complex infotainment system
- Sluggish acceleration
The concept for a vehicle that combined a raised driving stance and go-anywhere ability with the on-road performance of a luxury sedan was initially suggested by Toyota executives in 1993. Held just before the launch of the RAV4, the meeting piqued enough interest for the development of a luxury crossover to start in 1994.
Toward the end of 1995, the company had a final design, one that higher-ups signed off on. Prototypes reached their first phase of testing in 1997. This happened at the same time as the public unveiling of the Sport Luxury Vehicle, or SLV, at that year’s Chicago Auto Show.
Toyota first released the vehicle in Japan as the Toyota Harrier in 1997. A year later, the same model made its way to the U.S. as the Lexus RX 300. With that, the RX was born.
From the start, the vehicle was the best-selling Lexus model. It’s responsible for half of the brand’s sales.
Lexus launched the RX 400h in 2004 during the North American International Auto Show. The car company started developing a hybrid model in March of 2005 at its Miyata facility. Lexus began selling the model in the U.S. in mid-2005.
The Lexus RX 400h displayed a different front grille than the 350. It also had round fog lights and uniquely styled LED taillights. For this model, Lexus offered different colors.
The RX 400h was the launch vehicle of the car brand’s hybrid lineup. This made it possible for Lexus to expand its offerings in this important category.
The 2019 Lexus RX 450h is a premium luxury SUV that will transport you comfortably to where you want to go. It will also do so stylishly while offering you the right amount of control.
Specs & Key Features of the 2016 Lexus RX 450h
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 3.5L V6 DOHC 24-Valve VVT-i
- 308 hp
- Electronically Controlled CVT
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- DVD Player
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.5L V6 DOHC 24-Valve VVT-i
- Transmission: Electronically Controlled CVT
- 3.54 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 5,864 lbs
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Sequential Shift Control
- Front-Wheel Drive
- Hybrid Electric Motor
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 17.2 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Double Wishbone Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Regenerative 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Nickel Metal Hydride Traction Battery
- Wheels: 18" x 7.5" 7-Spoke Aluminum
- Tires: P235/65R18
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Black Bodyside Cladding and Black Wheel Well Trim
- Chrome Side Windows Trim, Black Front Windshield Trim and Black Rear Window Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power w/Tilt Down Heated Auto Dimming Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Colored Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: AM/FM/HD w/Single In-Dash CD -inc: 12 speakers premium audio system w/subwoofer, 8-inch EMV display, antenna integrated into rear spoiler, digital power amplifier, integrated SiriusXM satellite radio receiver w/complimentary 90-day trial subscription and USB/iPod control, Bluetooth, iTunes tagging and Siri Eyes Free
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Radio Data System, DVD-Audio and Internal Memory
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Streaming Audio
- Diversity Antenna
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Turn-By-Turn Navigation Directions
- Siriusxm Navtraffic Real-Time Traffic Display
- Front Heated/Ventilated Bucket Seats -inc: 10-way power driver's and front passenger's seat w/fore-aft slide, driver seat memory, fore-aft recline, front vertical height, rear vertical height, power lumbar support and driver's seat easy exit (auto away/return)
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat w/Manual Fore/Aft
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Traction Battery Level, Power/Regen, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Genuine Wood Door Panel Insert, Genuine Wood Console Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Leather Seat Trim
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Roll-Up Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors and Steering Wheel
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Sunroof/Convertible Roof
- Integrated Navigation System w/Voice Activation
- Tracker System
- Smart Device Integration
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Manual Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect Emergency Sos
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Rear Collision Warning
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- First Aid Kit
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera