Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Sporty exterior
- Rear-wheel drive
- Multiple trim levels
- Turbo engine
- Backup camera
The 2017 Lexus RC 200t is a luxury coupe with a sporty exterior. The design provides this Lexus with exceptional style and class.
This RC model is small and compact. It is a relatively similar size compared to other luxury two-door cars. This model comes in rear-wheel drive, whereas the RC 350 has an all-wheel-drive option.
Each system has its own advantages to consider. Rear-wheel drive is typical in sports cars as it lets you accelerate quickly. All-wheel drive helps you stabilize the vehicle when driving on ice or snow.
The 2017 Lexus RC comes in multiple trim levels. The higher trim level comes with premium features such as brakes and suspension upgrades.
The turbo engine helps get out 241 horsepower at 5800 rpm, which results in a high top speed. The RC 200t allows you to go from zero to 60 in 7.3 seconds, which is very impressive for a sports coupe. Lexus paired the engine with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The Lexus RC uses a double-wishbone front and multi-link rear suspension, which is ideal for casual driving. The electric power steering helps you turn quickly while being in control of the car's movements.
The backup camera is a feature that many people cannot live without in their vehicle. The increased visibility lets you see your entire surroundings clearly. The Lexus RC 200t includes a bunch of safety features while remaining a sporty coupe.
What Does the Lexus RC 200t Compete With?
Lexus is a high-end brand, and the Lexus RC 200t lives up its name. With a wide variety of premium amenities, it is often held up to other sports cars that include the following models:
The 2017 Lexus RC 200t offers a luxury car with premium amenities at an excellent price within its class.
Exterior Design of the Lexus RC 200t
The 2017 Lexus RC 200t’s exterior design is a modern and edgy twist to a classic car. The gaping spindle grille on this coupe adds a bit of flair. The textured and layered bumpers make a statement without overpowering the look of the car.
The RC 200t’s list of standard features includes:
- Standard full LED headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic windshield wipers
- Heated side mirrors
Interior Style of the Lexus RC 200t
The 2017 Lexus RC 200t’s interior is both elegant and ahead of its time. This budget-friendly luxury car features a cozy cabin with bolstered seats.
The high beltline is great for passengers of all sizes. This two-door coupe has a raised center tunnel and multilevel dash.
There are many interior features included in this Lexus, such as:
- Keyless start, stop, and entry
- Advanced airbag protection system
- Wood trim
- Heated front seats
- Automatic climate control
- Cruise control
- Foldable rear seats
- Touch temperature slider
- Tilt and telescoping steering wheel
The optional F Sport package that comes with the RC 200t offers F Sport-tuned adaptive suspension and a Sport+ driving mode. It also features 19-inch alloy wheels, rain-sensing wipers, and front sport seats. There is also an option for a moonroof.
The Technology in the Lexus RC 200t
RC 200t buyers adore the premium tech amenities offered in the 2017 model. The Lexus’ Enform infotainment system provides you with information in the blink of an eye. It features a 7-inch touch screen that is compatible with standard gestures.
The list of features includes:
- Audio sound system with 10 speakers
- DVD/CD player with MP3 playback capability
- HD radio technology
- Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free phone calls
- USB ports for aux-input and charging
- Siri eyes-free technology
- Audi drive select
For tech and music lovers, there is a technology package that includes navigation and a premium Mark Levinson stereo.
Safety Features in the Lexus RC 200t
The Lexus RC 200t offers a bunch of safety features that help prevent accidents, collisions, and theft. The list of standard safety assist features includes:
- Safety belt reminder for driver and front passenger
- Front-passenger occupant detection for airbags
- Anti-lock brake system with electronic brake-pressure distribution
- Rearview camera to detect any obstacles and vehicles when reversing
- Anti-theft vehicle alarm system
- Tire-pressure monitoring system
- Cross-traffic alerts
- Forward-collision warning with adaptive cruise control
The premium packages include blind-spot monitoring, which provides you with increased visibility. This feature is optimal when you're merging onto a highway or changing lanes.
How Much Does the Newest Lexus RC 200t Cost?
The 2017 Lexus RC 200t starts retailing at $40,155, which makes it an economical car within its respective class. If you plan on adding technology, a premium package, or the F Sport option, the price will go above the suggested retail price by roughly $5,000 to $10,000.
Should You Buy a New Lexus RC 200t?
The 2017 Lexus RC 200t provides many types of safety features along with a luxurious cabin. This car definitely caters toward both comfort and style. The latest RC 200t includes soft seating and quality performance while remaining up to date.
Should You Buy a Used Lexus RC 200t?
The Lexus RC 200t has two models: 2016 and 2017. Your decision to purchase a used RC 200t will depend on the features you are looking for in a vehicle. Both models include a touch screen entertainment system and Bluetooth capability.
If you are looking for the latest safety features, find a used 2017 Lexus RC 200t model.
Pros and Cons of the 2016 Lexus RC 200t
- Sporty exterior and interior
- Cross-traffic alerts
- Audio sound system with 10 speakers
- Excellent steering and handling
- Extensive safety features
- Small cargo capability
- One powertrain option
- Limited rear seat space
Lexus released the first RC models for the 2015 model year. The original RC 200t launched shortly after the 2016 model year. Lexus designed the car to compete with similar German coupes such as the BMW 430i, the Audi A5, and the Mercedes-Benz C300 coupe.
The RC means radical coupe. Lexus gave the car that name because it is a two-door version of the Lexus IS. The base trim for the model is exclusive and did not come from another model.
Lexus used the turbocharged engine from the IS 200t on the RC. The model is also known as the RC Turbo due to the type of engine.
The 2016 Lexus and 2017 model only offer rear-wheel drive and have a sporty appearance. The signature Lexus spindle grille adds a muscular feel without overpowering the front. The L-shaped daytime running lights are the perfect addition to the body.
While both have impressive safety features, the 2017 Lexus RC 200t received the Top Safety Pick+ rating IIHS evaluations. The car received a Good Score on all crash tests. It also received an Acceptable Score in the new headlight safety test.
The previous model, the 2016 Lexus RC, featured 16-22 mpg for city driving and 25-32 mpg for highway. The 2017 200t features similar EPA mpg at 22 for city and 32 for highway.
Lexus released the F Sport package for the 2016 Lexus RC 200t, and this made it onto the 2017 model. The package contains performance features such as 19-inch wheels and upgraded brakes. The luxury upgrades include heated and ventilated seats and a heated steering wheel.
There are also technology and safety advancements such as a premium stereo with navigation and blind-spot monitoring for lane changes. The automatic climate control is a new standard feature for the 2017 RC 200t.
While there are 2018 and 2019 RC 300 models, there have been no 2018 or 2019 Lexus RC 200t models released.
Specs & Key Features of the 2016 Lexus RC 200t
- Body Style
- 2.0L I4 DOHC 16-Valve w/Dual VVT-iW
- 241 hp
- 8-Speed Electronic Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Cruise Control
- LED Lights
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L I4 DOHC 16-Valve w/Dual VVT-iW -inc: twin-scroll turbocharger w/intercooler
- Transmission: 8-Speed Electronic Automatic -inc: multi-mode and intelligence (ECT-i) w/steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 3.13 Axle Ratio
- 65-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery
- 100 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Sport Tuned Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 17.4 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Polished Tailpipe Finisher
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 18" x 8" Fr & 18" x 9.0" Rr Alum Alloy -inc: 5 spoke wheels
- Tires: P235/45R18 AS
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert
- Stainless Steel Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: AM/FM/In-Dash CD w/7" VGA Display -inc: 10 speakers, 256 watts, digital signal processing w/Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL), HD Radio w/complimentary traffic and weather, integrated SIRIUS XM satellite radio receiver w/complimentary 90-day trial subscription, iTunes tagging, streaming audio via Bluetooth 3.0, MP3/WMA, dual USB/iPod audio input plugs, rear glass-imprinted radio antenna w/separate FM diversity antenna, voice recognition and Siri Eyes Free
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, MP3 Player, Clock, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Radio Data System and External Memory Control
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- Real-Time Traffic Display
- Power Front Bucket Seats -inc: height adjustable front shoulder belt anchors and front seatback pockets
- Driver Seat -inc: Power Rear Seat Easy Entry
- Passenger Seat -inc: Power Rear Seat Easy Entry
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Fixed Rear Windows
- Lexus Enform w/Safety Connect Selective Service Internet Access
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Fuel
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- NuLuxe Interior Seat Trim
- Interior Trim -inc: Aluminum/Genuine Wood Instrument Panel Insert, Aluminum/Genuine Wood Door Panel Insert and Aluminum Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console, Rear Console w/Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- Back-Up Monitor w/Dynamic Grid Lines
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Sunroof/Convertible Roof
- Tracker System
- Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Safety Connect Emergency Sos
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag and Rear Side-Impact Airbag
- First Aid Kit
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Pretensioners