Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- The best EPA combined fuel economy in its class
- Lexus build quality and customer service
- Distinctive looks and style
- Luxurious interior
- Loaded with technology
Car buyers respect the 2019 Lexus NX 300h for its innovative looks and fuel economy. The bold lines of the front grille make the car look determined, and for good reason. Under the skin of the NX 300h is one of the most fuel-efficient hybrid systems on the road.
Like the RX that came before it, engineers designed the Lexus NX first and foremost for comfort and reliability. It is almost silent even at highway speeds, and it contains a dizzying array of driver aids and high-tech safety systems.
The 300h suspension is designed for comfort rather than track times. Furthermore, the electrically boosted 2.5-liter engine delivers its power smoothly and confidently.
In recent years, the hybrid SUV market has become far more competitive. The 300h has carved out a place for itself by offering a combination of jaw-dropping looks, excellent fuel economy, and legendary Lexus quality.
What's New on the Lexus NX 300h for 2019?
Lexus made no significant changes to the NX 300h for the 2019 model year. However, the car had a major refresh in 2018. Improvements included a much larger infotainment screen, updated exterior styling, and a host of new electronic driver aids.
What Are the New Safety Features in the Lexus NX 300h?
Lexus improved safety in 2018 by introducing a new crash prevention system. The NX 300 now brakes automatically when pedestrians walk into the road, and a battery of cameras and radar make sure that the premium SUV stays in its lane. Apple CarPlay and Amazon Alexa are the features added for 2019.
How Is the Engine On Lexus NX 300h?
To produce power and save gas, Lexus starts with an efficient 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that powers the front wheels. The inline engine uses advanced technology like four valves per cylinder and variable valve timing to produce 194 horsepower from its relatively small size.
Cutting-Edge Hybrid Technology
This engine is then connected to a CVT transmission that changes through its gearing seamlessly. This means that you won’t feel the transmission bump and shift, even during hard acceleration.
The electric part of the system is made up of two motors. One of the motors helps adds some power to the engine's output while the other connects to the rear of the SUV. This is what makes the Lexus NX 300h all-wheel-drive.
All this adds up to an EPA combined fuel economy rating of 31 mpg. The hybrid NX gets 33 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. You will get better fuel economy in the city than on the highway in hybrids because they use their electric motors more in slow-moving traffic.
Those mpg figures are enough to make the NX 300h the most fuel-efficient SUV in its class. It's also good enough to earn Lexus the Certified Super Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle rating. Only vehicles that produce 90% fewer emissions than a standard, gasoline-powered car earn this coveted rating.
How Is the Lexus NX 300h Equipped?
Lexus offers the 2019 in only one trim level, but you can add more equipment by choosing from four option packages. The navigation package adds a 10-speaker premium sound system in addition to a navigation system with a huge 10.3-inch screen. The package also adds an extra USB port and destination assist.
The Lexus NX 300h Delivers Luxury
The premium package is extremely popular because it adds the kind of equipment that you would expect to find in a 2019 Lexus. Finding an NX 300h without this package would likely involve spending hours on the internet or visiting a lot of Lexus dealers. The premium package includes:
- A power moonroof
- The Lexus memory system
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Blind spot monitoring
- A leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Automatically dimming side mirrors that tilt down when in reverse
- Blind spot monitoring
- Larger, five-spoke aluminum wheels
- A power tilt and telescope steering wheel
The luxury package available in 2019 includes the features of the premium package plus leather seats, black shadow wood trim, and windshield wipers that automatically switch on when it rains. If you want to save money, you could go without the luxury or premium packages and choose the comfort package instead. This 2019 Lexus NX package only includes heated seats, blind spot monitoring, and automatically dimming side mirrors.
Some of the available options for the NX 300h are Lexus exclusives. The upgraded triple-beam LED headlights are in an L shape to remind onlookers that you are behind the wheel of a Lexus. In addition, a panoramic view system uses cameras mounted on all sides of the car to let drivers know what is going on.
Another popular feature is the power rear liftgate with a kick sensor. You don’t have to put your bags down to open the rear door when you choose this option because a sensor opens it automatically. Other options include automatically closing rear doors and reclining rear seats.
What Is the Lexus NX 300h Like to Drive?
Critics have noted that Lexus makes whisper quiet and extremely luxurious vehicles. The NX 300h checks both of these boxes. The interior is not quite as spacious as some of its competitors, but the hybrid NX more than makes up for this shortcoming with a sumptuous cabin brimming with elegant touches.
Economy Over Performance
If you are looking at a Lexus NX 300h, you are probably more interested in fuel economy than performance. So you may not be too disappointed with the NX 300h's rather sedate 8.8-second 0-60 time. While the NX 300 is not track focused, it handles the bends and smooths out the bumps pretty well due to its independent MacPherson strut front and double-wishbone rear suspension.
How Much Does the Lexus NX 300h Cost?
Prices of the NX 300h start at $39,860, but most of the vehicles on dealer lots feature options and packages that add about $10,000 to the sticker price. While this may seem expensive, it is about the same as you could expect to pay for a similarly equipped models from rival luxury car makers.
Legendary Lexus Resale Value
Lexus makes up for its high MSRPs with day-to-day dependability and excellent resale value. Pre-owned prices are still high on the older Lexus RX SUVs, which makes the new models of Lexus NX 300h an excellent lease value.
Pros and Cons of the 2016 Lexus NX 300h
- Excellent fuel economy
- Lexus prestige and refinement
- Advanced safety systems
- Cutting-edge styling
- Unmatched customer support
- Styling may not be to everyone's liking
- Sluggish performance
- A smaller cabin than many of its competitors
- Hybrid system adds weight but not much power
The story that led to the NX 300h began in 1998 when Lexus introduced its first SUV. The RX 300 was a luxury mid-sized SUV based on the popular and extremely reliable Toyota Highlander. However, Lexus added a sweeping new body and filled its first off-roader with luxury and convenience features.
This proved to be a winning combination as the RX 300 quickly became a sales success. Motor Trend named it the Sport Utility of the Year in 1999. Lexus released the second generation RX to similar fanfare in 2003, and the third generation followed in 2008.
Lexus built on this success in 2014 with the completely new NX model line. While the NX shares some parts with the Toyota RAV4, the styling, suspension, and level of luxury are pure Lexus.
The SUV has also been a sales success for Lexus and is the brand's best-selling vehicle in Europe. The Lexus NX 300h is likely to be especially popular in Europe as 17,000 hybrids were sold there the first year the NX went on sale.
Specs & Key Features of the 2016 Lexus NX 300h
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 2.5L DOHC 16-Valve I4 w/Dual VVT-i
- 194 hp
- Electronically Controlled CVT
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.5L DOHC 16-Valve I4 w/Dual VVT-i
- Transmission: Electronically Controlled CVT
- 3.750 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 5,145 lbs
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Oil Cooler
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 550CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Hybrid Electric Motor
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 14.8 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Double Wishbone Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Regenerative 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Electric Parking Brake
- Mechanical Limited Slip Differential
- Nickel Metal Hydride Traction Battery
- Wheels: 17" x 7.0J 10-Spoke Aluminum Alloy
- Tires: P225/65R17 All-Season
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Chrome Bumper Insert
- Black Wheel Well Trim
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low Beam Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: AM/FM/CD Lexus Display Audio -inc: 8 speakers, Electro Multi Vision display (EMV), HD Radio, Bluetooth audio streaming from compatible devices and hands free, full digital power amplifier (class D), integrated SiriusXM satellite radio receiver (90-day all-access trial subscription included), USB/iPod control and Siri Eyes Free mode (iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and newer models)
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Digital Signal Processor
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: 10-way power driver's and 8-way front passenger's seat w/fore-aft slide, fore-aft recline, front vertical height, rear vertical height, and driver's seat power lumbar support
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Power/Regen, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look Interior Accents and Leatherette Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Synthetic Leather Seat Trim
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Folding Cargo Cover
- Cargo Features -inc: Cargo Tray/Organizer
- Cargo Space Lights
- Tracker System
- Instrument Panel Bin, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Lexus Enform w/Safety Connect Emergency Sos
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA) Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag and Passenger Cushion Front Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera