Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Near-supercar performance
- Stylish design
- High-quality, luxury interior
- Choice of gas-only V8 or hybrid V6 power
- Relatively affordable for its class
Lexus LC: Everything You Need to Know
About the Lexus LC
The Lexus LC is a personal luxury sport coupe with near-supercar performance. It will accelerate from 0-60 in just 4.4 seconds. You can buy the LC with a powerful 5.0-liter V8 engine good for 471 horsepower and 398 pound-feet of torque. Or you can choose a high-tech hybrid system with a 3.5-liter V6 paired with three electric motors That driveline yields 354 combined system horsepower. Both engines are mated to automatic transmissions.
Inside, the LC offers one of the most luxurious cabins in the industry. The car will technically seat four people, but adults cannot fit comfortably in the back seat. Consider this car a two-seater, for all practical purposes.
Perhaps the most surprising thing about the 2019 Lexus LC is its price. The V8-powered LC 500 starts at just over $93,000. Most competing high-end luxury sport models usually cost a lot more than that.
What’s New in the 2019 Lexus LC?
New standard features for the 2019 Lexus LC include:
- Reprogrammed automatic transmission for better performance
- Adaptive variable suspension improved for enhanced ride comfort
- Steering system updated for greater precision
- Support for Apple CarPlay and Amazon Alexa
- Updated Lexus Enform GPS navigation
- New dynamic voice command system
- Wi-Fi hot spot capability added
- New obsidian black paint color
No changes were made to the option packages for this model year. These include a Convenience package, Performance package, All-Weather package, Sport package, and Touring package, each with upgraded comfort, convenience, and driver-assistance features.
What Does the Lexus LC Compete With?
The 2019 Lexus LC competes with personal luxury coupes from the world’s leading sports car and luxury manufacturers. Direct competitors include:
- Aston Martin Vantage
- Audi R8
- BMW M6 Gran Coupe
- Jaguar F-Type
- Maserati GranTurismo
- Mercedes-Benz AMG GT
- Porsche 911
Buyers in this category demand style as well as substance. Quality is a fundamental expectation, and performance is paramount. Even if the car will never be used on a racecourse, owners want to know that they’ve purchased one of the highest-performance street cars on the market. And the Lexus LC delivers in all categories.
Exterior Design of the New Lexus LC
The 2019 Lexus LC’s exotic design is based on the legendary Lexus LFA supercar of 2011-2012. The low-slung body, short rear deck, and angular lines create a sleek profile. The flush-mounted door handles pop out when the car is unlocked but retract when you’re driving. This helps cut down on wind noise and gives the LC a smooth look with unbroken lines. Everything about the Lexus LC suggests power and speed.
Notable standard exterior features include:
- Intelligent LED headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- Turn signals in the heated side mirrors
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Puddle lamps
Optional exterior features include:
- Windshield wiper de-icer (All-Weather package)
- Carbon fiber or glass roof (Sport package)
- Active rear steering (Performance package)
- 21-inch alloy wheels
Interior Style in the New Lexus LC
The 2019 Lexus LC receives the very best interior Lexus can create. Soft leather is everywhere, and all surfaces and controls relay a sense of quality. The steering wheel is small, as found in a racing car. The paddle-shifters are made of magnesium. Together, these offer a nod to the car’s exotic LFA heritage. The driver’s seat is ten-way adjustable, with four-way lumbar support.
Optional interior upgrades include:
- Heated steering wheel (All-Weather package)
- Semi-aniline leather (Touring package)
- Alcantara headliner (Touring package)
- Carbon fiber door scuff plates (Performance package)
Specifications and a list of options cannot do justice to the LC’s interior. The seats cradle the driver and passenger in perfect comfort on the highway or the racetrack. Every control falls easily to hand. No automaker beats Lexus when it comes to interior luxury.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Lexus LC?
The 2019 Lexus LC comes with a 10.3-inch split-touchscreen infotainment interface. The system supports Bluetooth connectivity, as well as Apple CarPlay and Amazon Alexa services. Sirius/XM satellite radio is included. The Lexus Enform system of apps and phone integration is provided for easy access to a wide range of functions. Finally, GPS navigation is standard.
The Lexus Enform system offers a comprehensive suite of features. The LC can use Enform to create a Wi-Fi hot spot inside the car, if needed. The Enform remote app for your phone allows you to monitor and control some car functions at a distance.
The standard Lexus audio system is a 12-speaker setup that sounds great. The base system in this car is better than most other brands’ premium audio upgrades. The optional audio system in the Lexus LC is a 915-watt, 13-speaker reference surround sound audio system by Mark Levinson. As expected, it’s really good.
The only criticisms of the interior are the lack of Android Auto compatibility and a somewhat clunky touchpad controller for the infotainment system.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the New Lexus LC?
Lexus integrates all the latest active safety features into the 2019 LC as standard equipment. Every Lexus LC includes:
- Pre-collision warning system with pedestrian detection and automatic braking
- All-speed dynamic adaptive cruise control
- Automatic high beams
- Lane-keep assist and lane-departure alert with steering assist
Available safety features include active rear-wheel steering and blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert. There’s also an optional intuitive parking assist system that can detect objects in the car’s path as you maneuver into tight spaces.
As the Lexus LC is not considered a mass-market vehicle, it has not been crash-tested by government or insurance industry agencies.
What is the 2019 Lexus LC Like to Drive?
The 2019 Lexus LC almost drives like an exotic supercar, except that it’s easier to handle. The power is there, but it will never get away from your control. If you opt for the V8 engine, the ten-speed automatic transmission offers very close ratios to maximize acceleration in gears 1-5. The top gears are engineered to provide effortless cruising.
The basic LC offers a smooth and confident ride. Steering is crisp but never more than you anticipated. If you upgrade to the Lexus Dynamic Handling system, you’ll even get rear-wheel steering. This feature makes the LC almost anticipate your steering inputs.
There are several driving modes you can set on the console. The softest “Comfort” setting will likely be just right for most conditions, but a quick twist of the dial over to “Sport +” allows the LC to wake up its performance. This mode opens up the exhaust system and makes all the engine power available.
Should I Buy a 2019 Lexus LC?
If you want a world-class personal luxury sports coupe, the 2019 Lexus LC should be on your shopping list. With this car, Lexus quality comes together with top performance and comfort. If you cross-shop the competition, you won’t find any automaker that offers more content for the money.
Budget is rarely the top concern with vehicles of this type, but buyers do expect a good value for their money. If you’re shopping at this level, the 2019 Lexus LC is a smart choice.
Should I buy a Used Lexus LC? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
Any certified pre-owned Lexus LC would be a good purchase. You’ll save the new-car depreciation and get an excellent vehicle. It’s unlikely that any Lexus LC has been abused, but to be protected from prior crash damage, always insist on a Lexus certified pre-owned vehicle.
How Much Does the 2019 Lexus LC Cost?
The 2019 Lexus LC 500 starts at $93,325, while the hybrid LC 500h begins at $97,835. Both include a destination fee of $1,025. The various option packages can push the price up to about $105,000. Compared to other cars in its class, the 2019 Lexus LC is a very good deal.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Lexus LC
- World-class performance
- Top-tier luxury
- Long list of standard features
- Meaningful options
- Really seats just two people
- Impractical for family use
- Android Auto not available
- Infotainment system can be clumsy to use
The History of the Lexus LC: An Affordable Luxury Supercar
The Lexus LC owes its design to the legendary Lexus LFA exotic supercar of 2011-2012. Just 500 examples of the LFA were made, and most of those disappeared into the hands of collectors. Notably, the LFA set a world-record lap time at Germany’s legendary Nurburgring racecourse. The Lexus laid down the best time ever for a production car.
Introduced for the 2018 model year, the LC is a slightly detuned descendant of the LFA. The LFA had about 80 more horsepower than the LC 500. Both feature a V8 engine mounted behind the front axle and powering the rear wheels. With that heritage, the 2019 Lexus LC comes with a proud pedigree.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Lexus LC
- Body Style
- 5.0L DOHC 32V V8 Dual VVT-i
- 471 hp
- 10-Speed Sport Direct Shift Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Sat Nav
- Satellite Navigation
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 5.0L DOHC 32V V8 Dual VVT-i -inc: aluminum block and cylinder heads
- Transmission: 10-Speed Sport Direct Shift Automatic -inc: paddle shift and manual mode
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 2.94 Axle Ratio
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Driver Control Ride Control Adaptive Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 21.7 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Multi-Link Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 20" Cast Aluminum -inc: Staggered-width split-10-spoke w/dark silver and machined finish
- Tires: P245/45RF20 Front & P275/40RF20 Rear
- Clearcoat Paint
- Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Chrome Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Black Bumper Insert
- Black Side Windows Trim, Black Front Windshield Trim and Chrome Rear Window Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power w/Tilt Down Heated Auto Dimming Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Metal-Look Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Auto-Leveling Auto High-Beam Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Cornering Lights
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Lexus Premium Audio -inc: 12 speakers, digital signal processing w/Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL), HD Radio (complimentary traffic and weather), integrated SiriusXM satellite radio receiver (complimentary 90-day trial subscription included), dynamic navigation (complimentary for up to 3 years) w/10.3" high-resolution split-screen, dynamic map, dynamic route and dynamic points of interest, Apple CarPlay, Lexus Enform app suite 2.0, Amazon Alexa integration, Lexus Enform WiFi (complimentary 4 GB trial to be used within 1 year) and Lexus Enform Destination Assist (complimentary for 1 year)
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, In-Dash Mounted Single CD, MP3 Player, Clock, Steering Wheel Controls, Radio Data System and External Memory Control
- Streaming Audio
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Heated & Ventilated Front Bucket Seats -inc: 10-way power driver seat, 2-way power lumbar support and memory for driver
- 8-Way Driver Seat -inc: Power Rear Seat Easy Entry
- 10-Way Power Passenger Seat -inc: Power Recline, Height Adjustment, Fore/Aft Movement, Cushion Tilt, Power 2-Way Lumbar Support and Power Rear Seat Easy Entry
- Bucket Front Facing NuLuxe Leatherette Rear Seat
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Temperature, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Fixed Rear Windows
- Leather Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Distance Pacing w/Traffic Stop-Go
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Leather Console Insert, Aluminum/Metal-Look Interior Accents and Leather Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Leather Seat Surfaces
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors and Steering Wheel
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Back-Up Alarm
- Tracker System
- Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Fixed Front Head Restraints and Fixed Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Emergency Sos
- Blind Spot Monitor Blind Spot Sensor
- Lexus Safety System+ and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Lane Keep Assist Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Keep Assist Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Enform Remote
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera