Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Luxurious interior
- Smooth and quiet ride
- Responsive handling
- Long list of standard features
Lexus IS: Everything You Need to Know
About the Lexus IS:
The Lexus IS is a luxury compact sedan from Toyota’s Lexus division. It is the brand’s entry-level sedan.
The Lexus IS earns high marks for its smooth and dynamic ride.
What’s New in the 2019 Lexus IS?
The 2019 Lexus IS received several upgrades this year. Those include updated LED headlights and the integration of Amazon-Alexa voice command. Lexus also introduced a range-topping Black Line edition. Only 900 of the limited-edition models will be built.
The 2019 Lexus IS comes in two models: 300 and 350. A high-performance edition, the Lexus IS F Sport, is also available. All models can be upgraded to all-wheel drive.
- IS 300: Base model is powered by a 241-horsepower, 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine on a rear-wheel-drive platform. Standard features include dual-zone climate control, synthetic leather upholstery, a leather-trimmed steering wheel, and a power sunroof. All models come equipped with Bluetooth, dual USB ports, satellite radio, HD Radio, an eight-speaker premium sound system, and an infotainment system with a 7-inch display screen. A Mark Levinson premium stereo system is optional. All-wheel drive models use a 3.5-liter V6 engine that delivers 260 horsepower.
- IS 350: Features a 311-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine.
- IS 350 F Sport: Adds sport seats, special wheels, and other sporty touches throughout the cabin.
Exterior colors include Silver, Caviar, Eminent White Pearl, Liquid Platinum, Nebula Gray Pearl, Nightfall Mica, Obsidian, Redline, Ultra White, and Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0.
What Does the 2019 Lexus IS Compete With?
The 2019 Lexus IS competes with the following entry-level luxury cars:
Exterior Design of the 2019 Lexus IS
The 2019 Lexus IS sports an aggressive profile with sharp lines, dramatic air intakes, and a large grille. Sharp angles and deep cuts in the sheet metal give it a sporty appearance. Seventeen-inch five-spoke alloy wheels are standard.
The IS Black Line Special Edition adds 18-inch alloy wheels with a dark chrome finish.
Interior Style in the 2019 Lexus IS
The 2019 Lexus IS seats five passengers on synthetic leather upholstery. The front seats provide plenty of head- and legroom, but adult passengers may feel cramped in the rear. The small sedan uses high-quality materials throughout the cabin. The driver and front passenger bucket seats are power-adjustable. Optional upgrades include heated seats and memory seats. F-Sport models get sport seats.
The car’s trunk is smaller than average for the segment but large enough to store a few suitcases. The 60/40-split folding rear seats add more room. However, the seats don’t lay flat, which makes it more challenging to load items.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Lexus IS?
All 2019 Lexus IS models come with Bluetooth, dual USB ports, satellite radio, HD Radio, an 8-speaker premium sound system, and an infotainment system with a 7-inch display screen. Also standard is Siri Eyes Free, which allows users to send emails and text messages by voice command.
Buyers can add the following:
- A Mark Levinson premium sound system.
- A 10.3-inch display screen.
- Lexus Enform App Suite, which allows users to access popular apps through from the center console.
- Voice command technology.
- Remote Touch Controller, which lets users navigate the infotainment system with a physical control in the center console.
For the 2019 model year, Lexus adds Amazon Alexa integration to its Enform system.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Lexus IS?
The 2019 Lexus IS comes equipped with a host of standard and optional driver-assistance safety features. Its standard Lexus Safety System+ suite of driver assistance features includes:
- Rearview camera.
- Automatic high beams.
- Lane departure warning system.
- Lane keep assist.
- Adaptive cruise control.
- Forward collision warning system.
- Pedestrian detection.
- Automatic emergency braking.
Buyers may add:
- Blind-spot monitoring.
- Rear cross traffic alert.
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers.
- Parking sensors.
What is the 2019 Lexus IS Like to Drive?
The 2019 Lexus IS offers a dynamic, sporty ride. The base IS 300 is powered by a 241-horsepower, 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Rear-wheel drive is standard. Buyers can upgrade to an all-wheel-drive system with a 260-horsepower, 3.5-liter V6 paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. The IS 350 features a 311-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine. Both engines are lively and provide performance on par with the class. With its sports-suspension and larger wheels, models equipped with the F Sport package deliver an even more responsive ride.
Drivers can toggle between five drive modes--Sport S/S+, Normal, Eco, and Custom--depending on road conditions. The Sport S setting promotes faster gear changes. The Sport S+ setting tightens the steering for improved control around corners. The Eco mode tunes the car’s engine output and throttle response for optimal fuel efficiency. The base model delivers 21 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. That falls to 19 mpg around town and 26 mpg on the highway for all-wheel-drive models.
The cabin of the Lexus IS feels luxurious, and quiet. Adult passengers will find ample head- and legroom in the front row but may feel cramped in the back seat. The small sedan uses high-quality materials throughout the cabin.
Should I Buy a 2019 Lexus IS?
The 2019 Lexus IS is an affordable option in the entry-level luxury car segment. Its five-passenger cabin is roomy and upscale. The IS includes numerous technology and safety features.
Should I buy a Used Lexus IS? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
Lexus introduced the third generation IS in 2014. Styling and tech features were updated in 2016. If the minor revisions made to the 2019 Lexus IS aren’t make or break for you, a 2016–‘18 IS provides many of the current features without the new-car price.
How Much Does the 2019 Lexus IS Cost?
The 2019 Lexus IS starts at $38,560 for the IS 300. All-wheel-drive bumps it up to $41,010. F-Sport versions using rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive begin at $41,755 and $43,805, respectively.
The 2019 Lexus IS 350 starts at $42,180. An IS 350 with all-wheel drive jumps to $44,345. F-Sport versions of the rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive IS 350 models begin at $45,375 and $46,710, respectively.
The Lexus IS F Sport Black Line Special Edition starts at $44,950 for rear-wheel-drive models, and $47,000 for all-wheel-drive variants.
The Navigation package with a high-resolution display screen and the Lexus Enform App Suite costs $1,745. The Mark Levinson premium sound system adds $2,845 to the price. A Premium package ranges from $1,070 to $1,510 for heated and ventilated front seats and rain-sensing windshield wipers, and other features.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Lexus IS
- Smooth ride
- Special edition F Sport Black Line model
- Quiet cabin
- Elegant interior
- Low fuel economy
- Clunky infotainment system
- Less cargo space than rivals
The History of the Lexus IS: 19 years of the Lexus IS
The Lexus IS came to the U.S. market in 2000. Manufactured by Toyota under its Lexus luxury division, the Lexus IS is currently in its third generation. Lexus introduced a range-topping Black Line edition for the 2019 model year. It is manufacturing only 900 limited-edition models.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Lexus IS
- Body Style
- 2.0L Turbo I4 DOHC 16V Dual VVT-iW
- 241 hp
- 8-Speed Sport Direct Shift Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L Turbo I4 DOHC 16V Dual VVT-iW
- Transmission: 8-Speed Sport Direct Shift Automatic -inc: G AI SHIFT control and steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 3.13 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 17.4 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Polished Tailpipe Finisher
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 17" x 7.5" Split 5-Spoke Alloy
- Tires: 225/45R17 All-Season
- Wheels w/Silver Accents
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Auto Dimming Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Front Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Radio: Lexus Display Audio -inc: AM/FM/in-dash CD, HD Radio (complimentary traffic and weather), 7" VGA screen, 8 speakers, 293-watts, digital signal processing w/Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL), integrated SiriusXM satellite radio receiver (complimentary 90-day trial subscription included), Scout GPS link, iTunes tagging, MP3/WMA and dual USB plugs, rear glass-imprinted radio antenna w/separate FM diversity antenna and streaming audio via Bluetooth 3.0
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation and Radio Data System
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Front Bucket Seats
- Front Seats w/Leatherette Back Material and Power 2-Way Driver Lumbar
- 10-Way Power Driver Seat -inc: Power Recline, Height Adjustment, Fore/Aft Movement, Cushion Tilt and Power 2-Way Lumbar Support
- 8-Way Power Passenger Seat -inc: Power Recline, Height Adjustment, Fore/Aft Movement and Cushion Tilt
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Fuel
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Distance Pacing
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look Console Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- NuLuxe Seat Trim
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Sunroof/Convertible Roof
- Tracker System
- Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Lexus Enform w/Safety Connect Emergency Sos
- Lexus Safety System+
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with Steering Assist Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with Steering Assist Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag and Rear Side-Impact Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- First Aid Kit
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera