Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Head-turning exterior style
- Handsome, upscale interior appointments
- Smooth, powerful V6 and diesel engine options
- Rugged off-road capabilities
- Innovative infotainment technology and driver safety aids
Compared to competitors, the Land Rover Range Rover Velar is the stylish choice. Drivers in search of a compact SUV that shows off their excellent taste can’t do better. This car reels you in with its sharp exterior design, rich interior appointments, and premium power.
Why You’ll Love the Land Rover Range Rover Velar
The world has never seen a Range Rover quite like the Velar. Outside, its sleek exterior design sets itself apart from other Range Rovers, which of course treat you to a handsome view in their own right. Inside, the Velar’s classy, minimalist design delivers high-end comfort and street-smart technology.
In the Range Rover lineup, the recently minted Velar is the most pavement-friendly. This SUV is lower to the ground than traditional models, which reduces body roll around corners and gives you a more car-like ride in urban settings. This Rover has city go-getters in mind.
Of course, this medium-sized SUV is also plenty capable. Every model comes standard with all-wheel drive, which means impressive traction on slick roads or sandy trails. You can even add rugged gear, including a tow package, to increase your vehicle’s off-road range.
This is a luxury SUV for drivers who want to turn heads on the highway. Whether you’re outside or inside this SUV, the view is a stylish one. And, speaking of the view, you’ll love how well you can see your surroundings from the driver seat.
This Rover Range Rover is also a great pick for drivers who want to wrap themselves in luxury. Even more than that, this vehicle is at home both on the pavement and off. In the Rover range, the Velar is one of a kind.
Smooth Power, Sporty Agility
Like the rest of its Range Rover family, the Velar supplies both a rugged range and a luxurious ride. And you’ve got excellent options! Choose from three engines to create a Rover that delivers impressive off-road range or cushy around-town driving.
First up, we have the turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that comes standard on the base Range Rover Velar. But it’s anything but basic, delivering 247 horsepower and 269 pound-feet of torque for ample power on the pavement and off.
With the Rover Velar S trim level and up, you can choose from two optional engines. The supercharged 3.0-liter V6 produces a robust 380 horses and 332 pound-feet of torque. If you’re looking for the line’s most powerful option, this is it.
The turbocharged 2.0-liter diesel engine is another big draw. It offers 180 horses and 317 pound-feet of torque for a capable ride. But it also conserves fuel, helping you earn the Velar’s top EPA ratings of 28 MPG combined.
On the pavement, the Velar’s eight-speed automatic transmission is all about smoothness and refinement. This automatic is also quick to respond to your input, supplying on-demand speed for swift highway merges and passing maneuvers. Every engine option comes with the same automatic transmission.
And the Velar is true to the Land Rover Range Rover brand, helping you travel the land like a regular pro. This means standard all-wheel drive for maximum traction on soft surfaces like icy roads and dirt trails.
How Much Can the Rover Velar Tow?
To tow as much as the Rover Velar will heft, choose the turbocharged V6 engine. With this powertrain and the proper equipment, this vehicle will tow 5,512 pounds’ worth of your favorite toys.
Both the base four-cylinder and diesel engines are also pretty capable. With the proper equipment, Rover Velars with these engines max out at 5,291 pounds.
Range Rover Velar Trim Levels
Choose from four Rover Velar trims: the base, S, R-Dynamic SE, and R-Dynamic HSE. When you’re test driving these Rovers, look for the model that has all the features you can’t live without.
The base Rover Velar is nicely equipped with performance gear and luxury features, including a panoramic sunroof and dual-zone climate control. The 18-inch wheels add to this luxury Land Rover’s high-end look. It smooths out your ride with adaptive suspension dampers.
If you’re looking for a little extra class, check out the S. Its cabin is home to handsome leather upholstery and power-reclining rear seats. The S also introduces some high-tech safety features, including traffic sign recognition to keep you from ever going over the speed limit.
The R-Dynamic SE turns heads on the highway with its aggressive exterior styling, including 20-inch wheels. Inside, its rich appointments include perforated leather with microfiber-suede seats. This Velar trim also upgrades your entertainment experience with an expanded digital gauge display and a premium 17-speaker Meridian sound system.
At the top of this Rover Range Rover trim hierarchy, you’ll find the R-Dynamic HSE. It has the same aggressive styling as the R-Dynamic SE but adds some extra style with 21-inch wheels. Inside, this Land Rover is extra stylish, with heated and ventilated front seats.
What’s the Range Rover Velar Fuel Economy?
Depending on which Velar powertrain you like, fuel ratings will vary quite a bit. If your search is for the greenest version of the Range Rover, though, you’ve definitely found it in this high-end Land Rover. At its thriftiest, these upscale vehicles are EPA-rated to earn 28 MPG combined.
Which Models Have Air Suspension?
For both 2018 and 2019, every Velar with a V6 engine automatically comes with air suspension. This performance technology supplies a little extra ground clearance for extra range in rugged terrain.
The standard coil springs offer 8.4-inches of ground clearance and 23.6-inches of wading depth. The air suspension offers 9.9-inches of ground clearance and 25.6-inches of wading depth.
Do These Models Have a Third Row?
Technically, the Velar straddles the gap between compact and midsize Rovers. That means it fits nicely into a parallel parking space, but it doesn’t leave much room for a third row. Instead, you’ll find comfy, luxurious digs for five passengers inside this high-end Rover.
Does the Velar Offer All-Wheel Drive or Four-Wheel Drive?
Each of the four Range Rover Velar trim models comes standard with all-wheel drive performance gear. This technology prevents slippage, making it possible to travel down off-road trails. On the pavement, all-wheel drive also makes the Land Rover Range Rover Velar ride both grippier and sportier overall.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Velar
- Beautiful, distinctive exterior styling
- Posh interior appointments and high-end cabin materials
- Powerful performance with V6 or diesel engine options
- Excellent view of the road, especially with optional air suspension
- Rear legroom can be tight for taller passengers
- Ride is on the firm side
- Standard infotainment system can be slow to react to user input
The Range Rover Velar is the new kid on the Land Rover block. When it debuted for the 2018 model year, this SUV turned heads with its beautiful design and thrifty price tag. Well, a thrifty price tag for a Range Rover; the manufacturer’s suggested retail price starts at $49,950.
There were a few changes for the new 2019 model year. For starters, the 2019 Velar offers additional performance gear for an increasingly rugged performance range.
The Adaptive Dynamics system comes standard in the new 2019 vehicles, delivering a sporty ride on every trim level. If you choose one of the V6 engines on offer, then your 2019 Velar also gets a bigger gas tank to keep you on the road longer.
In this Rover range, choosing a V6 also gets you standard air suspension, adding even more silky smoothness to your on-road ride. This is true for both the 2019 and 2018 model years.
New Velars from 2019 also offer Android Auto and Apple CarPlay controls. These smartphone integration features make it easy to use your phone but without distracting you from the road. A Rover Range Rover with this equipment keeps you connected the safe way.
If you decide to purchase a Land Rover Range Rover, maintenance records should be an important part of your decision. No matter which Land Rover Range Rover model completes your search, make sure its full maintenance record is available to you. In addition to regular maintenance, look for a Land Rover range SUV with a clean history.
No matter which model year you choose, the Land Rover Range Rover Velar offers the luxury you crave and the capabilities you require.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Velar
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 2.0L Si4 Turbocharged (247HP)
- 247 hp
- 8-Speed Automatic ZF 8HP 45
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Four Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Assist
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Sat Nav
- Satellite Navigation
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L Si4 Turbocharged (247HP)
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic ZF 8HP 45
- 3.73 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 5,490 lbs
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Electronic Transfer Case
- Full-Time Four-Wheel Drive
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic Ride Control Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 16.6 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Permanent Locking Hubs
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 19" 5 Spoke (Style 5046)
- Tires: 19" All-Season
- Wheels w/Silver Accents
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st And 2nd Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Bodyside Insert and Black Bodyside Cladding
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Black Power w/Tilt Down Heated Auto Dimming Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Aluminum Panels
- Wing Spoiler
- Metal-Look Grille
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Washer and Delay-Off
- Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Satin Chrome Gearshift Paddles
- Radio: Meridian Sound System (380W) -inc: 11 speakers including subwoofer, SSD navigation system, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, SiriuXM satellite radio and InControl Pro Services for warranty period,
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation, Radio Data System, External Memory Control and 10 Gb Internal Memory
- Automatic Equalizer
- Digital Signal Processor
- Streaming Audio
- Window Grid And Roof Mount Diversity Antenna
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 3 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Turn-By-Turn Navigation Directions
- Real-Time Traffic Display
- 14-Way Front Seats w/Driver Memory -inc: 12-way power, 4-way lumbar and 2-way manual,
- Bucket Front Seats
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- 8-Way Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Mobile Hotspot Internet Access
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Leatherette Instrument Panel Insert, Piano Black Console Insert and Piano Black/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Perforated Grained Leather Seat Trim
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Roll-Up Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors and Steering Wheel
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Tracker System
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual w/Tilt Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Terrain Response Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Emergency Sos
- Blind Spot Assist Blind Spot Sensor
- Emergency Braking
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Childseat Sensor and Power Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera