Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- All-terrain progress control
- Gesture control sunblind
- Adaptive dynamics
- Powerful engine
As far as the search for luxury midsize SUVs goes, the 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport ranks #11 in its class. According to some reviews, the Range Rover Sport has an 8.3 score out of 10. The 2019 model car features a high-end cabin. A four-door, five-passenger configuration enables the driver to either pack for an extended trip or include family and friends.
Athletic, stable and easily controlled, the Range Rover Sport is the ideal search result on many sitemaps as a car for outdoor enthusiasts and those who like the power offered by the Sport cars.
Average fuel economy is estimated at 17/23 city/highway. The 3.0 L V-6 engine offers a hefty 340 HP with 332 pound-feet of torque. The eight-speed automatic transmission automatically shifts to match the speed, the terrain and the road conditions to save you trouble and offer you an effortless drive.
The Land Rover and Range Rover Sport have three powertrain options. Models that have the Td6 badge are powered by a 254-HP turbocharged diesel 3.0L V6 engine. The new 2019 Range Rover Sport is now available in two engine configurations: the P360 at 355 horsepower and the P400 at 395 horsepower.
The inline-six is a hybrid version with a 48-volt electric motor. Combined, the gas engine and the electric motor produce a combined 332-horsepower thrust. All Range Rover Sports come equipped with all-wheel drive and an eight-speed automatic transmission.
As with all the Land Rover vehicle models, the 2019 Range Rover Sport delivers. The stunningly tailored and upscale cabin features genuine leather upholstery. A power-adjustable steering column, interior lighting and dual-zone climate control come standard.
If you upgrade to the fancier HSE model, you will be treated to soft Windsor leather seats that feature heating for the driver and the front passenger. A fixed-glass panoramic sunroof will provide you with stunning views of the sky and a sense of openness and tranquility.
You’ll also receive an 11-speaker Meridian sound system. If desired, you can opt for a third row of seats. However, these rearmost seats will be a tight squeeze for most average sized adults and is best suited for children and young teenagers. The view to the rear will also be reduced.
The InControl Touch Pro Duo infotainment system features two screens, one to control navigation options, radio, and media, and a second one mounted beneath for climate control, drive modes and vehicle settings. If you want, you can add the all-new Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ at no additional cost.
However, more advanced features such as Traffic Sign Recognition and Adaptive Speed Limiter, Lane Keep Assist, Park Package, Off-road Package and Vision Assist Package are all an additional charge.
What Other Range Rover Land Rover Sport Models Are Out There?
If you are interested in a Range Rover Land Rover model but want to spend a little less money, you can consider the smaller Land Rover Range Rover Evoque and the Land Rover Discovery. Both the Rover Discovery and the Rover Evoque are comparable to the Sport model with a few differences.
The Rover Evoque features a cabin with a classy design and a robust engine. Off-road driving is actually fun with the Evoque, with its athletic design and its driver-oriented specs. However, the Evoque tends to be a little rough with changing gears and can have less cargo space.
The Discovery Sport is close to the Land Rover Sport in rankings at 8.3 out of 10. Unlike the Evoque, the Discovery features plenty of room in the cabin and the cargo area and excellent fuel economy with the diesel engine configuration. However, fuel economy with the base engine on the Discovery Sport is less than average for the class.
What Are Certified Pre-owned Rover Evoque and Land Rover Range Rover Vehicles?
If you want a type of Range Rover Land Rover vehicle such as the Rover Evoque, but do not want to pay the full MSRP, you can consider purchasing a pre-owned model from a certified dealer. Pre-owned models in both Discovery Sport, Discovery, Evoque, LR2 and LR4 trim levels are available at select certified dealerships.
Certified pre-owned vehicles are tested against specific standards to determine their eligibility. These pre-owned vehicles come with a warranty, just like they would if you purchased them brand-new, and are guaranteed for a specific number of miles/years.
The Discovery Sport, the Range Rover Velar, the Range Rover Evoque and other Land Rover vehicles receive their certifications through a rigorous 165-point inspection and are protected up to seven years or 100,000 miles, whichever one comes first. Complimentary roadside service is included with this certified package, making it a great deal for someone who wants the reliability of the Land Rover, the Range Rover Velar, and the Range Rover Evoque while still saving on the payment cost of a brand-new vehicle.
What’s the Difference Between the Range Velar and the Range Sport?
The Rover Velar is another dynamic choice in the luxury midsize SUV class that is comparable to the Sport. It is similar in many ways with features and cabin accessories and details. However, the Velar tends to ride smoother than the Sport.
With a greater fuel economy and more cargo space, some people would gravitate toward the Rover Velar for these reasons alone. The price for the Velar is also lower. The high trim level Velar R-Dynamic HSE costs less than $10,000 more than the base Sport Velar.
On the downside, the engine configurations available for the Rover Velar are small compared to the Rover Sport. The Sport also has a higher maximum towing capacity than some of its Range family competitors.
Don't Skip Maintenance for the Range Rover Evoque, the Range Rover Velar, and Other Models
Maintenance for the Range Rover Sport is minimal if performed on schedule. Don't skip regular oil changes, as these will help extend the life of the engine. Don't ignore appropriate tire maintenance pressures and tune-ups/checkups. Consult your Rover Sport owner’s manual to find the exact time frames to ensure that you get the most drive out of your model of Range Rover Evoque.
The Hybrid Model of the Range Rover
The year 2018 Rover Sport Range model has been upgraded for 2019 by including a hybrid version for those who are conscientious about their carbon footprints and the impact their travel habits have on the globe. The hybrid model is available in upwards of 25 color types and features all the options and accessories available to the gas-engine models. Power retractable running boards are optional on the Land Rover Range Rover Sport hybrid, as well as wheel locks, a trailer hitch receiver and a heads-up display.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- Excellent driver-friendly features and views on all models, including the Range Rover Velar
- Handles extremely well for a dynamic off-road vehicle
- Multiple upgrade options for the Range Rover Evoque, Sport and other models
- Powerful engine type for the Rover Velar and other cars
- Hybrid option available
- Finance options and payment plan offers from most dealer sitemaps
- Complimentary off-road service
- Excellent driver’s view in enhanced driving modes
- Price can be high on new models
- Ranks midway on most reviews
- Rover models not always available as certified pre-owned
- Not every dealer offers sufficient finance options and payment plans
- Search on a sitemap to find a new Rover to finance isn't always possible
The first reviews of the Jaguar Range Rover were in 1970. Since that time, the Land Rover vehicle has been heralded as the world’s most luxurious Range Rover SUV in service. Its outstanding off-road capabilities have continued to evolve through the years as the Jaguar Range Rover car company focused on good quality and found new ways to improve their service.
The Land Rover prototype for the 1969 Range Rover Land Rovers was the Range Rover Velar. Designers and engineers gave 26 Land Rover prototypes the same name to hide its true identity.
In 1981, the Range Rover Classic came on the scene as the first four-door Rover. The second- and third-generation Range Rovers were released in 1994 and 2001, respectively. The features of the Land Rover that stood the test of time such as the iconic silhouette and the new rectangular headlights remain in place today.
By 2001, the Jaguar Range Rover was built with its first unibody configuration. The Range Rover design was inspired by the Italian Riva speedboat with its tapering hull and metallic interior accents used in the Range Rover car.
From 2004 to 2005, the Range Rover underwent a few new changes that resulted in the first sports SUV in the Range Rover family. Engine options were enhanced to deliver rapid, reliable performance for all Range Rovers.
The Range Rover Evoque was first unveiled at the Paris Motor Show in 2010. Many features from the LRX concept made their way into this cross-coupe. Between the years 2012 and 2018, the Rover family underwent additional changes and upgrades, with prototypes put to the test on the range in the harsh Himalayan mountains.
The Range Rover passed the test of 10,000 with flying colors. The high quality and reasonable price that these luxury Jaguar cars are known for are carried over into the 2018 - 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Sport you can find to test drive today.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- MHEV 3.0L Turbocharged I6 P360
- 355 hp
- 8-Speed Automatic w/CommandShift
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Four Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: MHEV 3.0L Turbocharged I6 P360
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic w/CommandShift
- 3.55 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 6,614 lbs
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Electronic Transfer Case
- Full-Time Four-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- Block Heater
- 80-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Hybrid Electric Motor
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- 4-Corner Auto-Leveling Suspension
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic w/Driver Control Height Adjustable Adaptive Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 27.6 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Permanent Locking Hubs
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Air Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Air Springs
- Regenerative 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Lithium Ion Traction Battery
- Wheels: 19" 5 Split-Spoke 'Style 5001' -inc: silver finish
- Tires: 19"
- Aluminum Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Metal-Look Bumper Insert
- Black Rear Bumper w/Metal-Look Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Black Bumper Insert
- Black Bodyside Cladding
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power w/Tilt Down Heated Side Mirrors w/Driver Auto Dimming, Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Aluminum Panels
- Wing Spoiler
- Black Grille w/Metal-Look Surround
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Auto-Leveling Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Washer and Delay-Off
- Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Laminated Glass
- Radio: Enhanced Sound System (250W) -inc: touch pro duo infotainment w/10" touchscreen, 8 speakers, satellite & HD radio, Bluetooth phone connectivity and audio streaming, InControl Apps, InControl Remote and Protect, InControl pro services for warranty period (Wi-Fi)
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation, Radio Data System and External Memory Control
- Automatic Equalizer
- Window Grid And Roof Mount Diversity Antenna
- Lane Keep Assist Lane Departure Warning
- 3 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Turn-By-Turn Navigation Directions
- Real-Time Traffic Display
- 14-Way Front Seats w/Memory -inc: driver and passenger 2-way electric power fore/aft and rise/fall adjust, 2-way electric power squab recline, 4-way electric power lumbar and 4-way manual front headrest height/fore/aft adjust
- Bucket Front Seats
- 6-Way Driver Seat
- 6-Way Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat w/Manual Fore/Aft
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Altimeter, Oil Level, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Interior Lock Disable
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Aluminum Door Panel Insert, Aluminum Console Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Morzine Cloth Headliner
- Leather Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Grained Leather Seat Trim
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Roll-Up Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors and Steering Wheel
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Air Suspension
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Integrated Navigation System w/Voice Activation
- InControl Protect Tracker System
- Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital Display
- Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest w/Storage and Rear Center Armrest w/Pass-Thru w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Terrain Response Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- InControl Protect Emergency Sos
- Front and Rear Parking Aid Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Emergency Braking
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Childseat Sensor and Power Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Rear Traffic Monitor Back-Up Camera