Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
• Clean and smooth exterior
• Off-road sport capabilities
• Three trims
• Terrain Response2 driving system
• All-wheel drive
• Standard driving assistance systems
The Land Rover Range Rover Evoque is the smallest Rover in the Land Rover line of vehicles. Even though it is a small SUV, it can handle driving off-road very well. The Evoque is brand-new for 2020 but still keeps the same looks as in 2018 and 2019.
The theme of the new Evoque is a simplified style and design. Only the necessary exterior features have been kept, and the only model is the four-door vehicle. The coupe is no longer a choice.
The size of the vehicle is increased a little and now sits on a longer base. The length of the vehicle is now 172.1 inches, which is about a millimeter longer than other years. The rear seats are slightly longer, and the cargo area is now 22 cubic feet.
There are two engine types to choose from. The 2.0-liter turbo engine has four cylinders and puts out 246 horsepower and 269 torque. The new hybrid 48-volt powertrain joins this same engine with a starter generator and a battery under the floor.
The hybrid engine can shut down when the speed is lower than 11 miles per hour. When the brakes are applied, the brake energy is stored for use later when the vehicle speeds up. The hybrid offers 296 horsepower and 295 torque.
There are three trims available for the upcoming 2020 model year: Evoque, R-Dynamic, and First Edition. All the trims have all-wheel drive, Terrain Response2, and the 2.0-liter turbo 4-cylinder engine.
The R-Dynamic has the hybrid engine, a special exterior package, and black paddles for shifting. The First Edition has a fixed panoramic roof, powered and heated leather seats, and 20-inch 5 split-spoke wheels with a diamond finish.
What's New in the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque?
The Land Rover Range Rover Evoque has received a completely new design for 2020. The Evoque has a longer wheelbase. You will find more legroom in the rear seats and more cargo space.
The exterior is all new but keeps the same style, and maintenance is easy. Everything is recessed and smooth, like the door handle that is in line with the door. The handle moves out when the door is unlocked so you won't have to search for it.
Wool blends, natural materials, and suede trims are available in the cabin. There are new colors like Cloud and Deep Garnet. Special stitching designs are also available.
Some of the many new features for the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque are:
- Hybrid-electric powertrain
- Driver assistance technologies
- Terrain Response2 system
- Adaptive Dynamics active suspension system optional
- Driveline Disconnect system
- ClearSight Rear View mirror
- Active Driveline system (standard on R-Dynamic)
- Land Rover InControl Touch Pro Duo infotainment system (available)
- 12.3-inch driver display screen (available)
While the Range Rover Evoque looks familiar, it is all new inside and out. There are many new and improved features and a wide range of new technology additions. The new Evoque looks good and feels good on the road.
What Wheel Choices Are There?
The Range Rover Evoque offers larger wheel choices than before. These are the wheel sizes for the different trims:
- 18-inch alloy wheels with 235/60R18 tires S (Evoque)
- 20-inch alloy wheels with 235/50R20 tires SE (Evoque)
- 18-inch alloy wheels with 235/60R18 tires S (R-Dynamic)
- 20-inch alloy wheels with 235/50R20 tires SE and HSE (R-Dynamic)
While the smaller tires do the job, the larger tires help even the look of the vehicle.
Off-road Driving Abilities
For the first time, all Evoque trims have the Terrain Response2 driving system. There are five driving modes, which are General, Rock Crawl, Sand, Grass-Gravel-Snow, and Mud & Ruts. There is also a new Auto mode, which changes driving modes for the driver for different driving conditions.
The wading depth limit is now 23.6 inches. The available Wade Sensing service senses and measures the wading depths and displays it on the screen.
The standard Driveline Disconnect system switches between two-wheel drive and all-drive on the road. This reduces pull and helps with fuel economy for this car.
The new Adaptive Dynamics suspension monitors road conditions and adjusts the dampers to improve ride quality and driving response.
The available Active Driveline system balances torque distribution between the front and rear axles. This improves grip while turning. Active Driveline is standard for the R-Dynamic trim.
What Are Some of the New Technology Features?
Modern cars are all about new technologies that make your driving safer and more fun. The new 2020 Range Rover Evoque has many driving features that are standard for all models. These safety and entertainment features include:
- Emergency Braking
- Lane Keeping Assist
- Driver Condition Monitor
- ClearSight Rear View mirror
- Apple CarPlay
- Android Auto
- Wireless software updates
The Emergency Braking and Lane Keeping Assist systems combine driver alerts with automatic help for the driver. If the vehicle needs to slow, stop, or move over, these systems kick in. The Driver Condition Monitor will sense if the driver is drowsy.
The ClearSight Rear View mirror is an HD video screen that displays anything behind the vehicle. A camera is above the rear window and has a 50-degree view.
There are also new optional technology features for the Range Rover:
- InControl Touch Pro Duo
- Click & Go rear-seat tablet holders
- 4G Wi-Fi hotspot for up to eight devices
The InControl Touch Pro Duo infotainment system has two 10-inch touchscreens in the center and a 12.3-inch driver display screen. The touchscreens are high-definition and glass. A head-up screen is also included for even more ways to see the status and control systems.
Similar Vehicles to the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
The Evoque is a compact luxury SUV. This is a popular market today, and there are several vehicles that are similar in quality and price to the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque.
Within this class of vehicles, these are the main competitors:
Of these, the Audi Q5 is rated the highest overall. The new 2020 Range Rover Evoque is sure to receive a similar rating.
What Is the Fuel Economy Like for the Land Rover Evoque?
Even though lighter metals were used for many elements, the Evoque now weighs more because of a longer base and a stiffer frame. The gas mileage rate has dropped a little and is now rated 23 miles per gallon for all 2020 models. The gas mileage used to be 24 miles per gallon for the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque and 25 miles per gallon for the R-Dynamic.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- Smooth style for the exterior
- Quality interior
- Off-road ability
- Lots of safety features
- Comfortable ride
- Good response while driving
- Lots of screens to distract
- Low ceiling
The Range Rover Evoque was first produced in 2011 by Jaguar Land Rover. The 2012 Evoque was based on the Land Rover LRX and was presented at the 2008 North American International Auto Show.
This Range Rover was first available as the five-door Evoque and the three-door Evoque Coupe. They came with a choice of two-wheel or four-wheel drives. The Convertible Evoque was later introduced in 2017.
The 2012 Range Rover Evoque featured a 2.0-liter turbo 4-cylinder engine. It had 240 horsepower and 250 torque and all-wheel drive. It had a six-speed automatic transmission and got 28 miles per gallon on the highway and 18 miles per gallon in the city.
The 2013 Range Rover features new trim levels and a refreshed front grille. It also gained a navigational system with an available parking assist feature. The 2014 edition got a new nine-speed automatic transmission and increased gas mileage. It also featured a Parking Exit system for help with difficult parking.
For 2015, the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque featured Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for the first time. It gained many new safety driver assists like forward collision warning and lane
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 2.0L Ingenium Turbocharged i4 (246HP)
- 246 hp
- 9-Speed Automatic w/CommandShift
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Wifi Hotspot
- Smartphone Pack
- Engine: 2.0L Ingenium Turbocharged i4 (246HP)
- Transmission: 9-Speed Automatic w/CommandShift
- 3.94 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 5,355 lbs
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Automatic Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 17.7 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Permanent Locking Hubs
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Brake Actuated Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 18" 5 Split-Spoke (Style 5075) -inc: Silver
- Tires: 18"
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Metal-Look Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Black Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Metal-Look Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Colored Bumper Insert
- Black Bodyside Insert
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power w/Tilt Down Heated Auto Dimming Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum/Composite Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Metal-Look Grille
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Touch Pro Infotainment w/10" Touchscreen -inc: navigation, Bluetooth phone connectivity, Bluetooth audio streaming, InControl Apps, InControl Remote & Protect, InControl pro services, WiFi hotspot and ambient lighting
- AM/FM/HD/Satellite-Prep w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation, Radio Data System and 10 Gb Internal Memory
- Integrated Roof Diversity Antenna
- 180 Watt Range Rover Sound System w/6-Speakers
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Real Time Traffic Information (rtti) Real-Time Traffic Display
- 10-Way Front Bucket Seats -inc: Movements: electric fore/aft, recline, height and tilt, manual headrest adjustment
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- 8-Way Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Pro Services Voice Recorder
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Voice Activated Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Leatherette Instrument Panel Insert, Piano Black/Aluminum Door Panel Insert, Piano Black/Aluminum Console Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Grained Leather Seat Trim
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and Mini Overhead Console w/Storage
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Rigid Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- InControl Secure Tracker System
- Apple CarPlay
- Android Auto
- Power Socket Pack 1
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Sliding Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- Air Filtration
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with Roll Stability Control (RSC) Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- Electronic Traction Control (ETC) ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Emergency Braking
- Lane Keep Assist Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Keep Assist Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Power Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera