Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Happy medium between luxury and off-road capability
- Impressive choice of engines
- High forward visibility
- Generous list of exterior and interior customization options and accessories
- Efficient diesel engine with great acceleration
Land Rover Range Rover Overview
The new 2019 Land Rover Range Rover didn't become a leader of its segment overnight. The British automaker continues to refine its luxury SUV since its debut almost 50 years ago.
Today, it's still the object of many a person's desire. It has outstanding luxury features, and adventurers also love it for its strong off-road capabilities.
What Are the Range Rover Trims?
Land Rover offers both a short- and a long-wheelbase Range Rover. The short base can be a base, HSE, Autobiography, or SVAutobiography trim. The long base can only have the upper two trims.
There were plans to release a new Range Rover coupe, but the company canceled it.
Great Range of Engine Choices
This year's new Land Rover does something few others of its class do: It drives exceptionally well both on pavement and off it.
The Rover meets the dynamic needs of its niche. It delivers more power than most others on the market.
Simply put, the Land Rover is a vehicle with high performance. This is because of its range of drivetrains, its off-road capabilities, and its cabin comfort.
With the short Range Rovers, you'll get a 3.0-liter supercharged V-6 gas engine. The engine is capable of generating 340 horses and 332 pound-feet of torque.
It's a versatile engine that can match many driving styles. Whether you're taking the family out for dinner or going for a weekend in the woods, you'll get great performance.
It also comes with that iconic whining sound as you take the seven seconds to accelerate from zero to 60. The max speed is about 130 mph.
If you opt for diesel instead of gas, know that the vehicle becomes even more powerful. The 3.0-liter V-6 turbodiesel fires up the luxury family SUV with 254 horses and an excellent 443 pound-feet of torque. This engine also takes 7.5 seconds to reach 60 mph, and you don't lose or gain on the top speed.
In both cases, you'll use an eight-speed automatic transmission capable of shifting smoothly.
Successfully Pushing Road Limits
The Land Rover experience for the new Range Rover is all about pushing the limits. It packs plenty of performance power underneath its hood regardless of where you're taking it.
On the pavement or on pure land, the vehicle is more than capable of handling its own. Off-road is where its reputation truly shines, though. This year, the Range Rover only continues to prove that point.
The 2019 Land Rover runs on full-time four-wheel drive, splitting the energy evenly between the axles until otherwise needed. It continually monitors the land and checks for the need to grip or to restrict power for composure.
In some configurations, the dynamic SUV comes with a locking rear differential that works side by side with the terrain-traction system to tackle inclement weather. Automatic modes handle changes in terrain that you can't see. This eliminates the guesswork for the best Land Rover experience.
The street-friendly tires help the vehicle achieve great handling in spite of its substantial mass. Across the board, Rovers have precision steering. This instills driver confidence even when driving the long-wheelbase with an adult passenger in every seat.
Just take one for a test drive at your local dealer, and you'll recognize how special the handling of this vehicle is.
Thanks to an air suspension, the luxury SUV allows up to 10.2 inches of front wheel travel and more than 12 inches in the rear axle. On pavement, the air suspension is firm, but it doesn't suffer on rocky roads.
With the height-adjustable suspension, the Rover can lower itself for easy loading. It can also rise over 12 inches for strong off-road protection.
How Much Can the Range Rover Tow?
The new Land Rover can tow up to 7,716 pounds. The max gross train weight is 14,484 pounds. It can also carry up to 220.5 pounds on the roof, which includes the weight of the roof rails.
The New 2019 Land Rover Has Comfortable Parts
Few other vehicles have the volume and refinement of the 2019 Rover. It's an opulent cabin, considering the exceptional range of materials Land Rover uses to accommodate drivers and passengers alike.
Across the board, the 2019 Range Rovers have highly adjustable front seats that even include built-in massage functions. The driver and front passengers have more than enough headroom, shoulder room, and legroom. Storage pockets line the cabin as well, and the center console is usefully deep.
Note that the Range Rover doesn't come with three rows of seats, so it can't accommodate a large family. Instead, Land Rover dedicated the space behind the second row to real storage.
With 31.8 or 75.6 cubic feet to spare, depending on the wheelbase, there's more than enough room for storing luggage or other gear. The floor is a bit high, but you get access to a loading mode with the air suspension, which helps.
If you love the luxury design of the Range Rover SUV, then you'll hardly want to leave the cabin.
What's the Range Rover's Fuel Economy?
A Range Rover equipped with a turbodiesel V-6 engine returns great EPA ratings for its segment. The EPA ratings are 22 mpg in the city, 28 mpg on the highway, and 24 mpg combined. Compare that to some luxury sedans, and the Rover actually outclasses them.
Wide Target Market Range
The new 2019 Range Rover is a versatile car that matches or exceeds competitors in nearly every way.
Folks with the money to spare will enjoy its luxurious cabin and the quality of its parts. Adventurers will love its off-roading capabilities, especially with a foot of ground clearance to take them through serious obstacles. Families will appreciate the comfortable cabin and the spacious trunk for completing daily errands.
Performance and luxury are the two big bywords for this year's new Range Rover. The cabin will soothe you with its high-resolution display, premium leather upholstery, and wonderful wood trims. Meanwhile, the full range of off-road technology will impress you, especially with features like the traction control system.
At the end of the day, the 2019 Land Rover Range Rover is worth putting on your shortlist of new cars.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover
- Great choices of engine
- Comfortable on long drives
- Powerful off-road features
- Quiet cabin even on the highway
- Respectable towing ability
- Too much emphasis on sport handling
- Design is a little dated
- Non-intuitive touch-screen controls
- Touch Pro Duo is somewhat sluggish
The Land Rover Range Rover debuted in 1970 with a V-8 underneath its aluminum hood.
Between 1974 and 1987, Land Rover only sold its models through the grey market, but Range Rovers officially arrived in the U.S. in March of 1987. Since it was the only model in America, Land Rover poured its focus into marketing the SUV for the next six years.
Since then, Range Rover has undergone a few design and technology changes. The automaker revealed the Range Rover Sport in 2004 at the North American International Auto Show. In 2012, it was the Range Rover Evoque's time to shine at the Geneva Motor Show.
That brings us to today: The 2019 Land Rover Range Rover lacks for nothing when it comes to off-road capability, hauling utility, and cabin comfort.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Land Rover Range Rover
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 3.0L I6 MHEV P360
- 355 hp
- ZF 8-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Four Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Sat Nav
- Satellite Navigation
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.0L I6 MHEV P360 -inc: intelligent stop/start
- Transmission: ZF 8-Speed Automatic -inc: steering wheel mounted paddle shift and 2-speed electronically controlled transfer case
- 3.73 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 6,920 lbs
- Electronic Transfer Case
- Full-Time Four-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- Hybrid Electric Motor
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- 1 Skid Plate
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- 4-Corner Auto-Leveling Suspension
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic w/Driver Control Height Adjustable Automatic Ride Control Adaptive Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 27.5 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Permanent Locking Hubs
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Air Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Air Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Lithium Ion Traction Battery
- Wheels: 19" 5 Split-Spoke -inc: Style 5001
- Tires: 19"
- Aluminum Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st And 2nd Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/1 Tow Hook
- Body-Colored Rear Step Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent, Chrome Bumper Insert and 1 Tow Hook
- Body-Colored Bodyside Insert and Body-Colored Bodyside Cladding
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power w/Tilt Down Heated Auto Dimming Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Variable Intermittent Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Aluminum Panels
- Black Grille w/Metal-Look Accents
- Power Liftgate/Tailgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Headlamps w/Washer and Delay-Off
- Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Laminated Glass
- Radio: 380W Meridian Sound System w/Navigation Pro -inc: 13 speakers including subwoofer, Bluetooth phone connectivity, Bluetooth audio streaming, Pro services for warranty period (includes WiFi), Touch Pro Duo, voice control, SiriusXM satellite radio, HD Radio, InControl apps and InControl remote and protect,
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Radio Data System and Weatherband
- Automatic Equalizer
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Window Grid And Roof Mount Diversity Antenna
- 3 LCD Monitors In The Front
- 16-Way Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: 12-way power and 4-way manual, driver and passenger memory
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- 8-Way Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Altimeter, Oil Level, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Voice Recorder
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Interior Lock Disable
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Proximity Cargo Access and Keyfob Rear Window
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Voice Activated Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Residual Heat Recirculation, Headliner/Pillar Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Genuine Wood Instrument Panel Insert, Genuine Wood Door Panel Insert, Genuine Wood/Metal-Look Console Insert, Aluminum/Metal-Look Interior Accents and Leather Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Morzine Cloth Headliner
- Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Grained Leather Seat Trim
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Folding Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors and Steering Wheel
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows, Sunroof/Convertible Roof and Air Suspension
- Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Manual Anti-Whiplash w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual w/Tilt Rear Head Restraints
- Driver And Front Passenger Armrests Front Center Armrest w/Storage and Rear Center Armrest w/Pass-Thru w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Terrain Response Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Emergency Braking
- Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Power Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera w/Washer