Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Sporty turbocharged power
- Sleek two-door body design and color options
- Impressive cabin space
- Excellent modern tech features
- Best-in-class warranty coverage
Introducing the Kia Forte Koup
The Kia Forte Koup is a compact car that offers style, peppy power, and rich interior comfort at an excellent price. Unlike other compact cars of its era, the Forte Koup has an impressive array of modern tech features. When you take this auto for a drive, you'll fall in love with its capable performance.
The Kia Forte is undoubtedly a compact car favorite, appealing to a wide range of sale hunters and driver types with its bargain price tag. But it's more than just an affordable drive to work. The Koup delivers premium comfort and cutting-edge tech gear.
Whether you’re looking to take your vehicle on a slow-paced, comfortable country drive or a powerful-yet-fuel-efficient commute, the Kia Forte Koup delivers on every level. Under their hoods, you’ll find a range of vigorous powertrain options for a speedy drive.
What Is New in the Kia Forte Koup?
Not a lot changed from the 2015 to 2016 model years. The last Forte Koup to ever come off a production line featured a few changes in feature availability.
Fuel economy differed a bit from the previous Koups. The six-speed manual Forte Koup earned 22 city/29 highway mpg. With the optional automatic, those figures go up slightly to 22/30 mpg.
Which Kia Forte Koup Trim Level Should I Choose?
The Kia Forte comes in three different models. However, the two-door Koup is only available in two of these trims: mid-grade EX and sporty SX. The base LX isn't available as a two-door coupe.
So, which version of the Koup is right for you? We think you should go with the one that has features you crave at a price that works for your budget. But, whichever you end up with, you can count on this auto to provide plenty of comfort and convenience.
The EX is an excellent option. In this car, comfort comes standard. You’ll love the cabin’s soft interior upholstery and stylish trim. Convenience features, such as LED lights and power-folding outside mirrors, get you through the day in style.
Both trims come with rearview cameras. This standard safety feature gives you an excellent view as you back out of a tight spot. You'll also enjoy an impressive view of your surroundings from the front seat.
Driving enthusiasts will be happiest in the Koup SX. If this is you, you can count on super sporty performance thanks to this trim's turbocharged powertrain, larger front brakes, and 18-inch wheels. This car also features exclusive exterior front- and rear-body styling, so it even looks sporty.
Koup Powertrain Options
These vehicles offer two powertrain options. The EX provides a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. It delivers 173 horsepower and 154 pound-feet of torque for a zippy ride to work.
If you crave extra speed, you'll love the SX. Its exclusive turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder is good for 201 horsepower and 195 pound-feet of torque. That means a seriously speedy performance, great for merging onto highways and zooming past slow traffic.
Why Drivers Love the Kia Forte Koup
Although pre-owned Fortes are available as hatchbacks and four-door sedans, the Forte Koup has special appeal for drivers who like its uniquely sleek, compact exterior.
What about the 2019 Forte?
The brand new 2019 version of this Kia coupe is only available in four-door sedan form. Unlike previous generations, which offered sedan, coupe, and hatchback models, the new 2019 Forte is keeping things simple.
This Kia classic was also redesigned for the 2019 model year, bringing an all-new look and thrifty-yet-sporty performance. This new version is a strong contender. It gets excellent reviews thanks in part to its thrifty price and strong initial-value performance.
What’s the Kia Soul?
The Soul is Kia's youthful compact crossover. The Soul has a recognizable boxy exterior, but it's equally popular for its sporty, responsive handling.
What’s the Kia Stinger?
The Stinger is a sporty, stylish four-door sedan. It gets great reviews on its high-performance, turbocharged powertrains and upscale interior comfort. Shoppers love the Stinger’s fast ride and plush, comfortable seating, and this Kia Forte Koup's sleek exterior turns heads on the highway.
Pros and Cons of the 2016 Kia Forte Koup
- Incredibly spacious cabin
- Impressive range of comfort and convenience features
- Speedy ride from both trim models
- Infotainment and dash controls are intuitive and nicely laid out
- Sleek, stylish exterior and color options
- Transmission doesn’t always soak up bumps in the road
- Some rivals offer increased fuel economy
Kia Forte Koup History
Over the course of its production, the Kia Forte Koup has remained a shining example of quality. With its excellent economy sales tags and dependable performance, this vehicle still has wide-ranging appeal. No matter what your driving style, a pre-owned Kia Forte is also a good pick for modern comfort and convenience.
Second Generation: 2014-2016
Like the previous generation, this two-door Kia Forte was available as the mid-grade EX and sporty SX models. These vehicles were known for their dependable performance and affordable price tags.
We think you’ll like these models’ powertrain options. The EX supplies a 2.0-liter four-cylinder that produces 173 horsepower for plenty of around-town speed. When you take the sporty SX out for a test spin, you’ll love its turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine that increases speed and overall performance with a horsepower of 201.
There were a lot of standard comfort and convenience features during this generation, including a height-adjustable driver seat and handy Bluetooth wireless connectivity. Many used versions of this vehicle even come with a rearview camera for an improved view as you back out of a busy parking lot.
The EX trim built upon the standard lineup with increasingly modern parts, including LED running lights and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. The SX offers increased performance, with larger front brakes and a turbocharged engine. This trim level is also known for its unique exterior body styling, which gives it a sleek, sporty vibe.
The 2015 coupe made some gains in fuel economy compared to previous years. The 2015 Koup earned up to 25 city/34 highway mpg, and its thriftiest engine was the 2.0-liter four-cylinder option. There was one other big change for the 2015 model year: the Uvo emergency telematics system was no longer standard equipment on the mid-grade EX.
Although the second-generation Forte was available through the 2018 model year, the Forte coupe was discontinued after the 2016 model year. The 2017 and 2018 models were produced in sedan and hatchback form only. If you're shopping your dealer inventory for a pre-owned Koup, skip the 2017 and 2018 Fortes.
First Generation: 2010-2013
The first Koup to ever hit the roadways went on sale as two models: the mid-grade EX and sporty SX. The EX speaks to modern pre-owned vehicle shoppers with its full power accessories and cruise control. The SX delivers exclusive performance gear.
Modern drivers looking to find a peppy pre-owned car will like this generation. It's gotten great reviews in terms of performance and passenger space. Whichever you choose, you'll drive home in an auto with a roomy cabin and a peppy powertrain.
The EX delivers a punchy, 156-horsepower four-cylinder engine. The EX was initially available with a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission.
The SX introduced more performance gear, such as a larger engine and 17-inch alloy wheels. More options were available for this Forte, too, such as leather upholstery, heated seats, and a stylish sunroof.
This coupe also provides a sportier ride. Its 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine makes 173 horsepower for extra speed. It came standard with a six-speed manual, but a five-speed automatic transmission was optional.
For 2011, things got simpler--at least in terms of transmission. All of these Kia coupes came standard with a six-speed manual transmission, with a six-speed automatic available as an option. If you're shopping for a used or certified pre-owned vehicle, Kia Forte Koup inventory gives you plenty of options.
Specs & Key Features of the 2016 Kia Forte Koup
- Body Style
- 2.0L I4 DOHC CVVT
- 173 hp
- 6-Speed Automatic w/Overdrive
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L I4 DOHC CVVT
- Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic w/Overdrive
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 4.19 Axle Ratio
- 68-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 90 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 13.2 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Torsion Beam Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 6.5J x 16" Alloy
- Tires: P205/55R16
- Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Radio: AM/FM/CD/MP3/Satellite Audio System -inc: SIRIUSXM satellite radio, USB/auxiliary input jacks, 6 speakers w/tweeter speakers and Bluetooth wireless technology w/steering-wheel-mounted Bluetooth and audio controls
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock and Speed Compensated Volume Control
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: 6-way adjustable driver's seat
- Driver Seat
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline, Fore/Aft Movement and Manual Rear Seat Easy Entry
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Fixed Rear Windows
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Cargo Access and Mechanical Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- Illuminated Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Simulated Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Vinyl Door Trim Insert
- Leather Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Features -inc: Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Sliding Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 1 Seatback Storage Pocket
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera