Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Improved fuel economy
- Quality, upscale interior styling
- Stylish, sleek outer design
- Turbocharged engine with SX trim
About the 2018 Kia Forte5
The Kia Forte5 has taken the compact car class to the next level. Stylish and loaded with features, this five-door hatchback combines a luxury cabin and a stylish, sleek exterior. The end result is an elevation of the small but high-quality compact vehicle.
The 2018 model is available, but no 2019 model is being released. However, reports predict the release of the 2020 Kia Forte5 next fall.
The 2018 Kia Forte5 features a 2.0-liter inline four (I4) engine. Its output is 147 horsepower with 132 lb-ft of torque for good punch and an impressive fuel economy at 29/37 mpg.
The aerodynamic design combines energetic exterior elements and detailing with great refinement and comfort. Even when it's completely still, the flowing contours of the dynamic outer styling give the appearance of perpetual motion.
The vehicle also has a sporty front end, which boasts a unique, tiger-nose grille. It looks especially great when combined with the available 17-inch alloy wheels and rear spoiler.
The cabin is intuitively designed to put everything within easy, convenient reach for the driver. This minimalist approach focuses on details as opposed to additional features and trimmings. Quality materials like faux leather and leather-ingrained plastic give it an upscale feel.
Using clean horizontal lines, the cabin has a broader and more spacious feel. The 8-inch touch screen and other easy-to-use controls put convenience at your fingertips. Interior metallic accents give the finished product a polished quality.
There are several trim levels available for 2018 models of this attractive hatchback. These include the LX, EX, and SX packages.
The LX is the base model and offers a 2.0-liter inline-four engine (I4) with a 147-horsepower output. There's a 6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive along with an auto-manual option. With this package, which comes in five exterior colors, you get a combined mpg of 28.
The EX package offers the same powertrain with the same combined 28 mpg but only three exterior color options. It adds a lot of additional driver-assist capabilities, though, like blind-spot detection and alerts for lane change and rear cross traffic. Aside from the comforts in the cabin, you also get dual-zone automatic climate control, one-touch power windows, and more.
The SX package offers an impressive 1.6-liter turbocharged engine that is highly responsive and really boosts power and performance. The transmission is a 7-speed auto-shift manual with overdrive with an optional auto manual. With its firmer chassis and suspension configuration, handling is different from regular models.
The interior of the SX package uses sport leather with sharp-looking orange accents.
With a lot to offer, Kia Forte5 is a great choice for those who want a compact vehicle. If you love the comfort of upscale experiences, this may be the compact vehicle for you. Its sharp looks, great fuel economy, and impressive technology make the 2018 Kia Forte5 a compact you'll want to experience.
Kia Forte5 Exterior Design
With a silhouette designed to appeal to a wide range of generations, the Forte5 has visual appeal. Its long hood with a jaunty roofline and swept-back headlamps gives a striking appearance. Auto designers crafted the styling, quality, and technology to appeal to Gen Xers, millennials, and baby boomers alike.
2018 Kia Forte5 Interior Design
With a minimalist approach, the cabin design offers a free-standing touch screen, simple controls, and visually appealing metallic accents. Using quality materials, the faux leather and leather-grained plastic give an upscale feel to the cabin. Some of the trim packages offer even more in the way of tasteful, comfortable cabin design.
What Technology Comes with a Kia Forte5?
This compact car is technology-rich and designed for driver convenience. UVO, a popular infotainment and telematics service, allows the management of music, navigation, hands-free calling, and more.
Drive Wise uses radars to offer a suite of driver safety options. Forte also offers a rear camera display for shifting into reverse.
What Safety Features Does the Kia Forte5 Have?
While there aren't standard active safety features, there is available automatic emergency braking, blind-spot detection, and lane departure alerts. Other available options include lane change assist, lane keep assist, forward collision alert, and a rearview camera for on-road safety.
What Is the Kia Forte Like to Drive?
While the interior and outer styling lend a sporty look, it's driving dynamics don't put it in that category. Cornering is basic, steering is light, and the body movements are solidly controlled. The powertrain isn't intended for racy performance, but it gets the job done on an economy of fuel.
Should You Buy a 2018 Kia Forte5?
The Forte5 is a great selection for those who want comfort, reliability, and fuel economy. If your priorities are different, it's still worth taking a look. Its affordable price combined with all of its safety features, technology, and styling make it a true competitor in the compact car class.
Is the 2018 Kia Forte5 Reliable?
J.D. Power awarded the car four out of five on predicted reliability. With three being the average rating for all vehicles, four is a solid indicator for those considering this vehicle. The rating is higher than many other compact cars.
The Kia Forte5 has a five-year/60,000-mile limited warranty and a 10-year/100,000-mile limited warranty for the powertrain.
Pros and Cons of the 2018 Kia Forte5
- Excellent braking abilities
- EX and LX powertrains
- Turbocharged engine with SX
- Expensive-looking leather upholstery and 17-inch alloy wheels with EX
- Suspension not firm
- Uninspired handling
- Doesn't have the sedan version's safety system
The History of the Kia Forte5
For a compact car that's only been around since 2010, Kia's Forte has come a long way. What hasn't changed in that time is the fuel-efficient, fun-to-drive, and technology-rich experience that the Forte5 offers.
The first generation of this popular compact car took the place of the Spectra in 2010. Kia designed the Forte to be faster with a 2.0-liter engine with 156 horsepower output. It had a sportier presence than many other small cars of the time.
The first models boasted an impressive lineup of features, including standard electronic stability control and Bluetooth capabilities. Offered as a coupe or hatchback, there was also an optional 2.4-liter motor. The first Forte5 performance in the IIHS crash test was solid.
The second generation brought a bit of refinement and maturity to these compact vehicles. Kia made the ride one of the most comfortable in its class, and the cabin noise was greatly reduced. By this point, the Kia Forte was one of the top offerings in its category.
The LX trim level was popular and added great value. It offered interior trim, 16-inch alloy wheels, cruise control, and remote keyless entry.
By the 2015 version, the fuel efficiency got an upgrade. Keyless entry and heated mirrors got added to the standard vehicle in 2016. An optional rearview camera for the LX trim level got added that year.
With the 2018 version, the Forte holds its own among compact cars. The simple controls and admirable fuel economy endeared it to drivers despite a stiff but smooth ride. As the best version of itself, it reached its prime in the 2018 compact car class.
The 2018 model's fuel economy is good at 28 miles per gallon overall. It corners well and handles responsively with nice technology included. With automatic climate control, a simple infotainment system, and available Apple CarPlay, the car offers a comfortable, convenient, upscale experience.
Its commendable safety systems like automatic emergency braking, forward collision warning, lane departure alerts, and lane keeping assist are standard. The many benefits that the Kia Forte5 offers appeal to all age groups, giving it a decided competitive edge.
Specs & Key Features of the 2018 Kia Forte5
- Body Style
- 2.0L I4 DOHC D-CVVT GDI
- 147 hp
- 6-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L I4 DOHC D-CVVT GDI
- Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic -inc: Sportmatic shifting
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 3.06 Axle Ratio
- 68-Amp/Hr 600CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 90 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Electric Power-Assist Steering
- 13.2 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Torsion Beam Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 15" x 6.0J Steel w/Full Wheel Covers
- Tires: P195/65R15
- Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper, Heated Wiper Park and Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Auto Off Projector Beam Halogen Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Radio: AM/FM/CD/MP3/SiriusXM Audio System -inc: 6 speakers w/door-mounted tweeters, USB/auxiliary input jacks and Bluetooth wireless technology
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control and Steering Wheel Controls
- Streaming Audio
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: 6-way adjustable driver's seat
- Driver Seat
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Cargo Access and Mechanical Fuel
- Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Illuminated Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Chrome Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Vinyl Door Trim Insert
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Woven Cloth Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Rigid Cargo Cover
- Cargo Features -inc: Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Sliding Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 1 Seatback Storage Pocket
- Perimeter Alarm
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners