Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Fantastic warranty for 10 years/ 100,000 miles
- Comes with tons of safety features and technology as standard
- Affordably priced starting around $33,000
Kia Cadenza: Everything You Need To Know
What is the Kia Cadenza?
The Kia Cadenza is a sedan that seats five. It is built by the Korean company, Kia.
The Cadenza comes with just one engine and transmission set up: A 3.3-liter V6 paired to an eight-speed transmission that puts out 290 horsepower and 253 pound-feet of torque. There is only front-wheel drive available on the Kia Cadenza.
The 2019 Kia Cadenza is in its second generation. The first generation began in 2009.
What’s New in the Kia Cadenza?
The Kia Cadenza gets some new additions to the trim levels for 2019. These include:
- Added blind-spot monitoring with rear-cross traffic alert as standard on the entry-level Premium trim. This was part of the Luxury package on the 2018 Cadenza.
New 19-inch wheels, panoramic sunroof, upgraded navigation and additional features on the Technology trim.
The Kia Cadenza comes in three trims for 2019:
- Premium: This is the base level Cadenza, and it gets heated side mirrors, 18-inch alloy wheels, leather seating and wrapped steering wheel, heated front seats, a 10-way power-adjustable driver's seat, and eight-way power-adjustable passenger seat. This level also includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard.
- Technology: Includes all of the content in the Premium package but also includes 19-inch wheels, panoramic sunroof, LED headlights, Harmon Kardon stereo, and wireless charging.
- Limited: This is the top of the line Cadenza and offers a power-adjustable steering column, quilted Nappa leather seats, 14-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, heated rear seats, head-up display, and 360-degree camera.
What Does the Kia Cadenza Compete With?
The Kia Cadenza competes with the following vehicles:
The Kia Cadenza is great for someone looking for a larger sedan that comes with all of today’s amenities for a great price.
Exterior Design of the Kia Cadenza
The design of the 2019 Kia Cadenza is appealing both inside and out. Along each side of the car, a subtle crease draws the eye backward. The tiger-nose grille—a characteristic feature of Kia models, has a waterfall pattern on it and is slightly concave giving the front of the car a very distinctive look. At the rear of the car are z-shaped lights that give the Cadenza a sense of motion.
Kia recently released a first look at the new 2020 Kia Cadenza, and it is a more striking version of the 2019. It gets a larger concave grille and a lower bumper with a chrome accent strip. At the rear of the 2020 Kia Cadenza, a full-length light signature stretches across the trunk lid and into the z-shaped lights. The 2020 design looks lower and more modern than the 2019 design, but we won't get the 2020 Cadenza until the end of the year. As a result, we have focused on the 2019 version in this review.
Interior Style in the Kia Cadenza
The 2019 Kia Cadenza has a split-level dash that puts the gauges and information you need up high, while less-used content is lower down. As mentioned above, even at the base level, both front seat occupants have multiple ways to adjust their seats, and they are comfortable and well-bolstered for long drives.
Kia has done it again by borrowing great design touches from other brands including a good-looking analog clock embedded in the dash and a yacht-style handle for the transmission selector. At the center of the dash is Kia’s UVO system, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is easy to use.
The back seats are really where the Cadenza shines, however. Plenty of legroom and headroom, as well as optional heated seats, makes the Cadenza a pleasant place to be.
Trunk space in the Cadenza is ample with 16-cubic feet, enough to fit four golf bags.
What Technology Comes in the Kia Cadenza?
Kia has packed the Cadenza with tons of standard technology, including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The standard 7-inch touch screen is clear and bright in daylight and comes on all Kia Cadenza trims. It is easy to use and well-integrated into the car, thanks to Kia's UVO system. A USB port comes as standard, and wireless charging is also available on higher trims.
The best trim level to opt for to get the technology you'll want is the Technology package. This gets you additional safety content as well as adaptive cruise control, an 8-inch touchscreen, and automatic high beams.
All of the UVO systems have telematics that can help diagnose car trouble should it arise and alert the driver to maintenance when needed. It will also call for help in case of an accident.
What Safety Features are in the Kia Cadenza?
The Kia Cadenza comes with a suite of standard safety equipment including:
- Stability control
- Blindspot alert
- Rear parking sensors
- Rearview camera
Available advanced driving aids include:
- Forward collision mitigation
- Adaptive cruise control
- 360-degree camera system
NHTSA or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has not evaluated the 2019 Kia Cadenza. The IIHS or the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has awarded the Cadenza it's coveted Top Safety Pick+ rating.
What is the Kia Cadenza Like to Drive?
The Kia Cadenza feels like a big baller sedan for half the price. It has selectable drive modes including Sport, though the size of the Cadenza might make you a little reluctant to toss it through some canyon roads. Make no mistake; this is a big highway cruiser. Sport mode just slightly tightens the suspension so that the car doesn't roll nearly as much.
The Cadenza is geared towards being a near-luxury model, which means that the interior is quiet and the ride is supple on rough roads. The steering feedback is sufficient enough to know where the car is on the road, but it doesn’t require Herculean strength to push the car through corners.
In the top-of-the-line trim you get a pair of flappy paddles attached to the steering wheel to give you a greater sense of dynamic driving should you want to shift through the gears on your own.
Should I Buy a New Kia Cadenza?
The Kia Cadenza is a great buy if you are looking to save money on a large sedan that has a ton of technology and luxury touches for a great price.
Should I Buy a Used Kia Cadenza?
A used Kia Cadenza is a good buy if you are looking to save some cash. There is a refresh coming for 2020, so be sure that you get what you want in a used Cadenza—the new 2020 model looks even better than the 2019.
Carcomplaints.com notes that there have been a lot of complaints about the 2014 model year. Owners say that steering becomes somewhat loose and slips.
How Much Does a New Kia Cadenza Cost?
The Kia Cadenza is a great deal that starts at $33,100 plus delivery.
We recommend getting into a Cadenza with the Technology Trim at the lowest. This will cost you $38,200 plus delivery.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Kia Cadenza
- Prices start around $33,000
- One of the best warranties out there: Ten years or 100,000 miles of coverage
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto come as standard
- Lots of standard safety and technology
- No AWD option
- No hybrid option
- Resale values could be relatively low
History of the Kia Cadenza: A Korean Car for the World
The Kia Cadenza is known in Korea as the K7. It was originally launched in 2014 to replace the Kia Amanti which was an upscale midsize sedan. It sits in Kia’s line-up above the popular and affordable Optima and below the biggest sedan, the K900. Peter Schreyer, of Audi fame, is behind the latest and best-looking redesigns of the entire Kia line-up. Expect more great things from the entire Hyundai-Kia line as the Korean brand continues to up its game.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Kia Cadenza
- Body Style
- 3.3L DOHC GDI V6
- 290 hp
- 8-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Blind Spot Warning
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.3L DOHC GDI V6
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic -inc: Sportmatic smart shift and drive,
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 3.32 Axle Ratio
- 80-Amp/Hr 660CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 180 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Electric Power-Assist Steering
- 18.5 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 7.5" x 18" Alloy
- Tires: P245/45R18
- Wheels w/Machined Accents
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Chrome Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Chrome Bumper Insert
- Chrome Bodyside Insert and Body-Colored Bodyside Cladding
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Laminated Glass
- Radio: AM/FM/MP3 UVO eServices Infotainment System -inc: 8 speakers, 7" touchscreen, SiriusXM radio, HD Radio, USB/auxiliary input jacks, Bluetooth wireless technology, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay smartphone integration and steering wheel mounted controls,
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Radio Data System and Internal Memory
- Window Grid Antenna
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: 10-way power adjustable driver's seat w/2-way power lumbar support and 8-way power front passenger seat w/height adjustment
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- Bench Front Facing Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Leather/Piano Black Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Smart Trunk Proximity Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Simulated Wood Instrument Panel Insert, Simulated Wood Door Panel Insert, Piano Black Console Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Leather Seat Trim
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Net
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Pass-Thru
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Parking Distance Warning Rear Parking Sensors
- Blind Spot Collision Warning (BCW) Blind Spot Sensor
- and Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Restricted Driving Mode
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Rear View Monitor with Parking Guidance Back-Up Camera