Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Pentastar V-6 engine
- Removable top and doors
- Several special-edition models
- Two different four-wheel-drive systems
- Choice of three great suspension options
No matter if you're new to Jeep or you've been a fan for years, you're likely familiar with the Jeep Wrangler, and one of its more popular models is the Jeep Wrangler JK. The Jeep Wrangler JK took the place of the TJ in 2007. For 11 years, the JK enjoyed a great reputation until JL Wrangler replaced it.
One of the most popular models of the Wrangler series, the JK is a favorite of thrill-seekers and off-road fans. The term "JK" doesn't stand for anything; it is just the code for the given model. All Jeep Wrangler models use a two-letter code to identify them.
Jeep Wrangler JK has a lot to offer in the way of safety, durability, and adventure. Aside from the addition of power door locks and windows, the JK was the first four-door model that was also called the "Unlimited" edition. Since the JK debuted in 2007, the Jeep Wrangler JK has seen many additions and updates to make it better each year.
The original version of Wrangler JK in 2007 came with a V-6 engine that was also used in Chrysler minivans. It was an improvement over the six-cylinder engine that came with the previous TJ model. Jeep switched to the Pentastar engine in 2012 with fantastic results.
Putting out 285 horsepower, the Pentastar V-6 engine is a vast improvement over the engine in the JK models. The engine it replaced only offered 202 horsepower. The Pentastar engines are also a lot lighter than the engines used before.
The 2012 edition also saw the addition of an automatic transmission. Jeep changed out the old transmission for a new five-speed automatic transmission along with the standard manual transmission. The new automatic transmission offered increased power and seemed made for off-road fans.
The 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK was the end of that line, and the JL models took their place. The final version of the JK Wranglers offers a distinctive appearance with a seven-slot grille and rounded headlights. It also has a removable top and doors, and it offers the choice of two- or four-door versions.
Along with the Pentastar engines and either of the transmissions, this Wrangler has available heavy-duty axles, power steering, two four-wheel-drive system options, and traction control. There's a choice of normal-duty, heavy-duty, and performance-suspension options, and there are multiple special-edition models available for Jeep Wrangler JK.
Jeep Wrangler JK Exterior Design
The 2018 edition of Jeep Wrangler JK is available in a couple of styles that focus on off-road driving. Choose from a standard two-door, four-passenger model or a four-door, five-passenger Wrangler Unlimited model. The vinyl roof is standard on both models, and you can remove the front panels of the available hardtop with front panels.
Each version of the JK Wrangler has three available trim levels: Rubicon, Sahara, and Sport. The Sport is the basic trim level package, and the Sahara is a mid-level trim package that adds some styling along with ease of use and safety features. The Rubicon is the top level that’s loaded with anything an off-road fan could want.
The Sport package sticks to the basics with 16-inch steel wheels and on- and off-road tires, fog lights, and a fold-down windshield. The single-piece, tumble-down back seat, adjustable driver's seat, and cloth used make it feel like a Jeep. The Unlimited edition has a larger gas tank, air conditioning, and a 60/40-split folding rear seat.
Sahara and Rubicon Unlimited add the Power Convenience Group, which is 18 items that include power locks, power windows, keyless entry, heated mirrors, and an alarm. Aside from that, Sahara brings 18-inch alloy wheels, auto LED headlamps, LED fog lights, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and more. Sahara Unlimited adds only side steps and rear passenger door grips.
Rubicon is the option for off-road fans with its 17-inch alloy wheels, heavy-duty front axle, special tires, and other goodies. There's also an anti-roll bar, automatic LED headlamps, rock rails, and hood insulation.
Jeep Wrangler JK Interior Design
Jeep designed the tight cabin space of the Wrangler JK around the driver, with everything in easy reach. Some feel that the hip room and legroom spaces inside Wrangler as well as its heights are limiting. There might not be a lot of storage space, but your view is excellent.
The front seats are comfortable with available features like heated front seats and a driver seat with back support. Enjoy extra legroom in the rear seat area, quality armrests, and other rugged details that make for a comfortable on- or off-road experience each trip.
What Technology Comes with Jeep Wrangler JK?
While the JK Wrangler isn't a high-tech vehicle, it has an infotainment system, Uconnect, that gets the job done. It is easy to understand and use, responds quickly, and provides a touch screen available in three sizes. You can get Android Auto or Apple CarPlay as an option along with navigation and a good audio system that uses nine speakers.
What Safety Features Does Jeep Wrangler JK Offer?
The 2018 JK Wrangler offers the latest state-of-the-art active safety features to keep you safe on the road. You'll find an advanced front and side airbag system with strong steel beams that improve the side-impact performance. Blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-path alerts are great features to keep you safe on your many adventures.
What Is It Like to Drive Jeep Wrangler JK?
The 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK is a far better experience than those that came before it with its dependable steering and all the power you need. There's still wind rush at speeds over 50 mph, and the tires are still loud. The driving experience is better, however, because there is less noise and better stability in handling the Jeep Wrangler JK.
Pros and Cons of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
- Vintage World War II appearance
- The best off-road ability available
- Standard all-wheel drive
- Modern upgrades
- Retains good resale value
- Higher price tag
- Less efficient than the competition
- Less-than-stellar safety scores
One of the more recent Jeep models, the Wrangler JK offered two-door and four-door versions from 2007 and 2018. The four-door version's official names were Wrangler JKU and Unlimited. The JK offered different editions and trims and was primarily a two-door vehicle aside from the Wrangler JK Unlimited.
This Jeep was larger than those that came before it, offering a different grille, grille logo, and onboard turn signals along with larger tires. Onboard fog lights on the bumper also came along with horizontal door handles using buttons to push. The wheelbase for Wrangler JKU was slightly bigger than the standard JK model.
While there were things the TJ and JK had in common before JK took over, the grille can help you tell them apart. JK's grille slopes back with the lower part extending further, and the Jeep logo appears at the top of the grille for the first time.
Wrangler JK and JKU had their safety features updated to add an anti-lock braking system for off-roading and better traction control. Rubicon gained a disconnect system for the sway bar. The standard Sport version featured horizontal door hinges that were a change from the vertical hinges used on previous models.
Wrangler JK offered a lot of firsts, including a navigation system, new taillights, and the addition of a security system. The Wrangler JK and JKU offered different special editions over the years like Sahara, Rubicon, and the Oscar Mike/Freedom Edition. The latter had "Oscar Mike" fender styling, a military-style star on the hood and rear panels, silver seat stitching, and other related accents on the special edition Jeep Wrangler JK.
Specs & Key Features of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT
- 285 hp
- 6-Speed Manual (NSG370)
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Four Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Power Convenience Group -inc: Auto Dim Mirror w/Reading Lamp, Front 1-Touch Down Power Windows, Power Heated Mirrors, Security Alarm, Power Locks, Remote Keyless Entry
- Connectivity Group -inc: Chrome/Leather Wrapped Shift Knob, Vehicle Information Center, Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
- Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT
- Transmission: 6-Speed Manual (NSG370)
- 3.21 Rear Axle Ratio
- Heavy Duty Suspension w/Gas Shocks
- GVWR: 4,900 lbs
- 50 State Emissions
- Manual Transfer Case
- Part-Time Four-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 600CCA Maintenance-Free Battery
- 160 Amp Alternator
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- 1000lbs. Maximum Payload
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Hydraulic Power-Assist Steering
- 18.6 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Auto Locking Hubs
- Leading Link Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Trailing Arm Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Brake Actuated Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 17" x 7.5" Low Gloss Granite Crystal
- Tires: P245/75R17 OWL On/Off Road
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Full-Size Spare Tire Mounted Outside Rear
- Clearcoat Paint
- Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top
- Sunrider Soft Top
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Black Door Handles
- Removable Rear Window
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Convertible w/Fixed Roll-Over Protection
- Conventional Rear Cargo Access
- Aero-Composite Halogen Headlamps
- Front Fog Lamps
- Jeep Trail Rated Kit
- Radio: 130
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, In-Dash Mounted Single CD, MP3 Player, Clock and Steering Wheel Controls
- 8 Speakers
- Fixed Antenna
- Sirius Satellite Radio -inc: 1-Yr SiriusXM Radio Service, For More Info Call 888-539-7474
- Audio Jack Input for Mobile Devices
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- 6-Way Driver Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline, Fore/Aft Movement and Manual Rear Seat Easy Entry
- Removable Full Folding Bench Front Facing Tumble Forward Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Removable Rear Windows
- Illuminated Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Air Conditioning -inc: R1234YF A/C Refrigerant
- Locking Glove Box
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors
- Full Floor Console w/Locking Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim, Carpet And Rubber Mat
- MOPAR Slush Mats
- Locking Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Instrument Panel Bin, Dashboard Storage, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Fixed Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Driver Height Adjuster Seat
- Sentry Key Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Height Adjusters and Pretensioners