Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Excellent off-road capability
- Choice of powerful engines
- Comfortable interior
- Wide selection of options
- Upgraded infotainment system
Jeep Grand Cherokee: Everything You Need to Know
About the Jeep Grand Cherokee
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a midsize SUV manufactured by Fiat Chrysler. Originally conceived as a capable off-roader, it has evolved to offer more modern design and versatility. More than six million Grand Cherokees have been sold worldwide since production began in 1992.
The fourth-generation Grand Cherokee couples modern technology with multi-terrain ability at a reasonable price. The SUV’s ruggedness extends to its towing capacity. It ranges from 3,500 pounds to 7,200 pounds, depending on trim and options.
Whether you are seeking adventure, travel, or top performance, the Jeep Grand Cherokee is worth considering.
What’s new in the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee?
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee’s base engine is a 3.6-liter V6 that produces 295 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. All models come with an eight-speed automatic transmission and can be outfitted with four-wheel drive.
The Grand Cherokee delivers superior off road capability and a refined driving experience. It’s available in seven trims that provide varying levels of utility and comfort:
- Laredo: The base model gets the Uconnect infotainment system, 18-inch all-terrain tires, keyless ignition, and dual-zone climate control
- Limited: This trim adds luxury options, including leather upholstery, driver memory settings, a panoramic sunroof, and a nine-speaker stereo system
- Overland: Overland models come with a host of interior and technology upgrades, as well as 20-inch tires and an air spring suspension for a smoother ride
- Trailhawk: This off-road specialty trim comes with such features as standard four-wheel drive, skid plates, 18-inch wheels with off-road tires, and air spring suspension
- Summit: The luxury Summit trim features upgraded leather upholstery, active noise reduction, a 19-speaker Harman Kardon audio system, and several advanced driver assistance features
- SRT: The performance-oriented SRT comes with a 6.4-liter V8 engine that delivers 475 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque. A lower suspension with adaptive dampers, unique all-wheel-drive system, and performance tires add to the excitement
- Trackhawk: The most powerful model in the lineup, the Trackhawk adds the supercharged V8 engine from the Dodge Challenger and Charger Hellcat models. This powerful engine puts out 707 horsepower and 645 pound-feet of torque. It can accelerate the Trackhawk from 0 to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee is offered in 10 exterior colors: Billet Silver, Bright White, Diamond Black, Firecracker Red, Granite Crystal Metallic, Hydro Blue, Light Brownstone, Olive Green, Red Velvet, and Pearl White.
What does the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee compete with?
The Jeep Grand Cherokee competes with family-friendly mid-size SUVs, including:
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee boasts higher tow ratings than most rivals and matches the competition in technology, comfort, and safety features. The five-passenger SUV is an excellent fit for families, commuters, and adventure-seeking drivers.
Exterior design of the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee’s body displays aerodynamic curves, dramatic lines, and bold styling The chrome-accented grill is painted to match the body on premium models. The boxy look traditionally associated with Jeeps is muted with distinctive curves, which add elegance to the rugged off-roader.
Tire size varies from 17 to 20 inches, depending on trim. In Limited models and higher, bi-xenon high-Intensity headlamps help drivers see and be seen by oncoming traffic in low visibility. Daytime running headlamps and fog lights come standard.
Interior style in the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee’s cabin showcases modern style and comfort. The five-passenger SUV features comfortable seating and open-pore wood trim and metal accents.
A heated steering wheel comes standard in the Limited and upper models. Higher trims offer heated and ventilated front seats, as well as second-row heating. Cloth seats are standard for the Laredo trim, while other models come upholstered in various types of leather. Upper trims feature a dual-pane panoramic sunroof that stretches down the length of the vehicle.
The Grand Cherokee’s cabin provides passengers with sufficient head- and legroom and plenty of storage space. This includes a covered deep bin in the center console and copious side seat pockets. The model comes with up to four cupholders.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee offers less interior cargo space than some competitors, but the cargo area can still fit a few suitcases. Standard 60/40 split-folding rear seats provide additional space. Maximum capacity, with rear seats folded, is 68.3 cubic feet. The Grand Cherokee offers two sets of LATCH connectors in the rear seats that can comfortably fit child seats. The bottom connectors are located deep within the seats, which can make them difficult to find.
What technology comes in the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee?
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee comes with numerous technology features, depending on the trim level and package.
Standard features include:
- Uconnect infotainment system with a seven-inch touchscreen
- Seven-inch full-color driver information display
- Six-speaker audio system
- Voice command
- Rear camera display
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Optional technology features include:
- 8.4-inch touchscreen
- 19-speaker Harmon Kardon audio system
- Satellite radio
- Rear-seat Blu-Ray DVD Player
- Remote start
What kind of safety features are in the new Jeep Grand Cherokee?
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee is equipped with a number of safety features designed to protect occupants during on- and off-road journeys.
All models come equipped with features that include:
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Active head restraints
- Parking sensors
Optional safety features include:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Parallel and perpendicular park assist
- Forward-collision warning with automatic braking
- Lane-departure warning
- Adaptive headlights
- Sirius XM Guardian service with Keyless Enter ‘n Go
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee received four out of five stars for overall safety performance from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). It has not yet been rated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
What’s the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee like to drive?
Equally suited to daily driving or off-road fun, the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee absorbs bumps and tackles tough terrain with ease. A choice of powerful engines provides strong acceleration and smooth cruising. Various trims and optional features can equip the Grand Cherokee for off-roading, towing, and adventure.
Comfortable seats and available upscale accents lend a luxury feel to the cabin. Jeep’s upgraded Uconnect infotainment system is easy to see and use with its high-resolution touchscreen.
Should I buy a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee?
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee provides technology, comfort, and versatility at a competitive price. It particularly stands out for its off-road prowess. Its high-quality build and terrain-management systems make this SUV an attractive choice for buyers seeking weekday capability or weekend adventure.
Should I buy a used Jeep Grand Cherokee?
The Jeep Grand Cherokee received several useful new features for its 2014 update. But units made between 2015 and 2018 have styling and capabilities that are similar to what you’ll find in a new model, making them a more attractive choice.
How much does the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Cost?
Pricing for the Jeep Grand Cherokee varies significantly depending upon the trim. Starting prices range from $33,440 for a base Laredo to $88,395 for a Trackhawk. Prices include a destination charge of $1,495.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Off-road capability
- Powerful engine lineup
- Strong towing ability
- Comfortable interior
- User-friendly infotainment system
- Sluggish around turns
- Less cargo capacity than other small crossovers
- Firm ride quality may disappoint, even with air suspension
- Does not offer a third row seat
The History of Jeep Grand Cherokee
The Jeep Grand Cherokee was originally designed to replace the Jeep Cherokee for the 1993 model year. The Grand Cherokee was a larger and more comfortable vehicle. It was an instant hit for the brand, selling more than 200,000 vehicles in its second year of production.
The Grand Cherokee has undergone several redesigns during the past quarter century. But it has kept its focus on versatility, comfort, and off-road capability. Changes to the first three generations upgraded power, speed, and towing capabilities. These revisions also updated the look and feel of the vehicle.
The current fourth generation emphasizes style and comfort. It sports a sleek new exterior design, expanded interior comfort, and new technology options. The Jeep Grand Cherokee is known for its durability and off-road abilities. With its luxurious interior and sleek new body, the Grand Cherokee continues to be popular mid-size SUV choice.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT UPG I w/ESS
- 293 hp
- 8-Speed Automatic (850RE)
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT UPG I w/ESS
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic (850RE)
- 3.27 Rear Axle Ratio
- Eco Suspension I
- GVWR: 6,500 lbs
- 50 State Emissions
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Sequential Shift Control
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 650CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 160 Amp Alternator
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- 1180# Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Steering
- 24.6 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Short And Long Arm Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Wheels: 17" x 8.0" Silver Aluminum
- Tires: P245/70R17 BSW On/Off Road
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Rear Step Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Rocker Panel Extensions and Black Wheel Well Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper, Heated Wiper Park and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Body-Colored Grille w/Chrome Accents
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Front Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Laminated Glass
- Radio: Uconnect 4 w/7" Display
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Voice Activation and Radio Data System
- Graphic Equalizer
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- 6 Speakers
- Streaming Audio
- GPS Antenna Input
- Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
- Integrated Center Stack Radio
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- 4-Way Driver Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline, Fore/Aft Movement and Fold Flat
- 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Cloth Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Oil Pressure, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Temperature, Transmission Fluid Temp, Engine Hour Meter, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Illuminated Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- HVAC -inc: Console Ducts
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning w/Front Infrared
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Interior Trim -inc: Simulated Wood/Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Simulated Wood Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look Console Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Cloth Bucket Seats
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Features -inc: Cargo Tray/Organizer
- Cargo Space Lights
- Tracker System
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- USB Host Flip
- Integrated Voice Command w/Bluetooth
- Google Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Manual Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Fixed Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest w/Storage and Rear Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Sentry Key Engine Immobilizer
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Blind Spot Monitoring System Blind Spot Sensor
- ParkSense with Stop Rear Parking Sensors
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- ParkView Back-Up Camera