Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Spacious front seats
- Comfortable cabin
- Large trunk
- Low starting price for the segment
- All-wheel-drive available
2020 Jaguar XE: Everything You Need to Know
About the 2020 Jaguar XE:
The 2020 Jaguar XE compact sedan is Jaguar’s entry-level luxury model. The five-passenger car is the smallest nameplate in the Jaguar brand’s lineup.
The four-door sedan launched in 2016. The Jaguar XE competes against the BMW 3-Series, Audi A4, and Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
What’s New in the 2020 Jaguar XE?
The 2020 Jaguar XE received updates to its exterior, interior, and technology offerings. Tweaks to the car’s grille, front and rear create a sleeker and more muscular look. The Jaguar added standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration. Several advanced safety features such as automatic emergency braking, forward collision warning, and lane keep assist were added. An optional video rearview mirror is now available. Jaguar added an optional Dynamic Handling Pack for the XE’s 2020 model year. It adds larger performance brakes, colored brake calipers, and a trunk lid spoiler. The 2020 Jaguar XE comes in two trims: S and R-Dynamic. The sedan’s base model comes with leather upholstery. Jaguar’s Touch Pro infotainment system with a 10-inch touch screen is standard. The “S” is available in front-wheel or all-wheel drive for added traction.
The R-Dynamic trim adds horsepower and includes sport seats. It’s only available in an all-wheel-drive configuration.
What Does the Jaguar XE Compete With?
The Jaguar XE’s challenges entry-level luxury sport sedans. Rivals include:
Exterior Design of the 2020 Jaguar XE
The Jaguar XE is a four-door small sedan that displays a sculpted hood, bold lines and distinctive rear haunches. The 2020 model received updated styling to its front and rear for a more muscular look. Jaguar updated the small sedan’s grille and front and rear bumpers to deliver a sportier silhouette. The changes mimic the styling found on its XF mid-size sedan sibling. The XE’s redesigned grille now features the lattice mesh design found on the brand’s other vehicles. With the new bumper and wider grille, the 2020 model’s redesigned front fascia provides the XE with a more planted appearance. Meanwhile, the redesigned rear also increases visual width to create a sportier profile. The new XE also received new standard LED head- and taillights. The lights display a laser-etched Jaguar monogram pattern.
The sportier R-Dynamic trim wears black mesh trim, a rear spoiler, and 18-inch split-spoke wheels trimmed in gloss black. The range-topping trim also gets a black front grille surrounded by satin chrome and body-colored sport side sills. Jaguar says the sedan’s sculpted surfaces in the front lower apertures were inspired by aircraft winglets.
Interior Style in the 2020 Jaguar XE
The 2020 Jaguar XE outfits its cabin in high-quality, soft-touch materials and standard leather upholstery. The sport sedan seats five adults. Its front seats are supportive with plenty of head- and legroom. Taller passengers may feel cramped in the back seat.
The latest model features premium veneer finishes and leather-padded door panels, center console sides, and dashboard surfaces. Embossed headrests, twin needle stitching and Jaguar labeling comes standard. The R-Dynamic trim gets sport seats, R-Dynamic badging, and satin chrome gearshift paddles. The 2020 model loses a foot of cubic space in the trunk. It’s still larger than some competitors’ and enough room for shopping bags, suitcases, or golf clubs. The 60/40 split-folding back row provides extra room. Jaguar also increased the volume of storage space inside the door pockets. They can now fit large drink bottles, in addition to smaller items. The door armrests are wider and softer than last year’s model
Technology: What Technology Comes in the 2020 Jaguar XE?
All 2020 Jaguar XE models come with Bluetooth, dual USB ports, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration and the brand’s Touch Pro infotainment system with a 10-inch touch screen. The infotainment system can be clunky and slow to respond. Buyers can add the brand’s upgraded Touch Pro Duo infotainment found in its Jaguar I-Pace electric crossover and a 12.3-inch display screen. The system includes navigation, a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, and premium Meridian speakers. The latest XE features fewer physical buttons than the outgoing model. A pair of rotary controllers govern the system.
Wireless device charging and the brand’s frameless ClearSight interior rear view mirror are optional.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2020 Jaguar XE?
The 2020 Jaguar XE comes with a long list of standard driver assistance features. They include:
- A rearview camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Forward collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
- Lane keep assist
- Driver drowsiness monitoring
- All surface progress control. This feature functions as a low-speed cruise control that helps maintain a steady speed in low-traction conditions.
The sport sedan can be equipped with the following optional safety equipment:
- A head-up display
- A 360-degree parking camera
- Parallel and perpendicular park assist
- Forward collision warning
- Rear cross traffic alert
Jaguar’s ClearSight Rear View Mirror system is also available on the 2020 Jaguar XE. The system collects real-time images using a wide angle rear-facing camera mounted within the roof antenna. The images are displayed on a high-definition screen within the car’s frameless rear view mirror to provide a clear view behind the vehicle. What is the 2020 Jaguar XE like to drive?
The 2020 Jaguar XE is powered by a 247-horsepower, turbocharged four-cylinder engine and rear-wheel drive. The R-Dynamic delivers 296 horsepower through a turbo-four. Both engines are paired with an automatic eight-speed transmission. All-wheel drive is available on the base model and standard on the R-Dynamic trim.
The XE provides a comfortable, sporty drive that corners well. The high-performance version accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in a quick 5.4 seconds.
The system includes four drive modes: Comfort, Eco, Rain/Ice/Snow and Dynamic. The modes tune the car’s steering, throttle response and gearbox to the terrain and driving conditions.
Should I Buy a 2020 Jaguar XE?
The Jaguar XE is an affordable entry to the luxury car market and to the Jaguar brand. The sports sedan boasts an upscale cabin and a smooth, athletic ride, especially when equipped with the more powerful engine. Shoppers who want a four-door luxury sedan without the sticker shock should consider the 2020 Jaguar XE.
Should I buy a Used Jaguar XE? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The Jaguar XE was first introduced to the U.S. market in 2016. The car received changes to its styling and technology offerings for the 2020 model year. Buyers willing to forego the minor updates can save money by shopping for a used model. Jaguar added a standard rearview camera and 10-inch touch screen for 2019.
The brand discontinued turbodiesel and V6-powered versions for the 2019 model year. Buyers seeking alternative powertrains will find that the used car market may provide options beyond the XE’s turbo-four that powers the 2020 models.
How Much Does the 2020 Jaguar XE Cost?
The 2020 Jaguar XE starts at $39,900, which is significantly less than rivals. Buyers can add all-wheel drive for $2,000. The XE R-Dynamic begins at $46,295.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Jaguar XE
- Affordable base price
- Comfortable cabin
- Long list of standard and optional safety equipment
- Crisp touch screen graphics
- Cramped rear seats
- Clunky infotainment system
- No V6 option
The History of the Jaguar XE: 4 years of the Jaguar XE
Jaguar introduced the Jaguar XE for the 2016 model year as its entry-level model. The brand’s smallest car challenges entry-level cars from Jaguar’s German and Japanese competitors. The brand, which is owned by Tata Motors, also makes the F-Type sports coupe and convertible, the XF mid-size luxury sedan, and the XJ full-size sedan, as well as several SUVs.
The car received updated styling for the 2020 model year. The Jaguar XE is still in its first generation.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Jaguar XE
- Body Style
- 2.0L I4 Turbocharged P250
- 247 hp
- 8-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L I4 Turbocharged P250
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Jaguar Sequential Shift Sequential Shift Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 3.42 Axle Ratio
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 16.6 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Polished Tailpipe Finisher
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Brake Actuated Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 18" Gloss Sparkle Silver (Style 1022) -inc: 15 spoke
- Tires: 18"
- Aluminum Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- Radio: Jaguar Sound System -inc: 10" Touch Pro, voice control, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, InControl apps, dynamic volume control, Bluetooth connectivity and audio streaming, iPod integration, HD Radio and 2x USB and 12V sockets
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- 6 Speakers
- Automatic Equalizer
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: 12-way electric front seats (including 4-way electric lumbar adjustment) and 2-way manual headrests
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- 8-Way Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Front Cigar Lighter(s)
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Locking Glove Box
- Interior Trim -inc: Piano Black Instrument Panel Insert, Piano Black Door Panel Insert, Piano Black Console Insert, Metal-Look Interior Accents and LuxTec Leatherette Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leather Door Trim Insert
- Leather Gear Shift Knob
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and Mini Overhead Console w/Storage
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- InControl Protect Tracker System
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- Air Filtration
- Dynamic Stability Control Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- InControl Protect Emergency Sos
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Emergency Braking
- Lane Keep Assist Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Keep Assist Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Power Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera