Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Upscale appointments
- New range-topping Limited luxury trim added for 2019
- Standard advanced driver-assistance tech on Limited
- 5.6-liter V8 with 400 horsepower and 413 pound-feet torque
- Towing capacity, 8,500 pounds
2019 Infiniti QX80: Everything You Need to Know
About the QX80:
The 2019 Infiniti QX80 is the luxury brand’s flagship full-size SUV. This Japanese premium automaker is affiliated with Nissan, and the QX80 is an upscale cousin to the popular Nissan Armada. The QX80 is equipped with a 5.6-liter V8 engine and seven-speed automatic transmission. Buyers may choose between rear-wheel-drive and four-wheel-drive.
With room for seven or eight passengers, the QX80 is ideal for families or groups who want a luxury SUV experience. Yet the QX80 is also good for those who need to pull a trailer, carry a lot of cargo, or just enjoy a quiet and spacious ride on the highway. The 2019 Infiniti QX80 isn’t cheap, but it offers good value for the price.
What’s New in the Current YMM?
The design of the Infiniti QX80 was moderately updated for the 2018 model year. At that time the SUV got some revised bodywork, a new interior, and new technology.
For the 2019 model year, Infiniti added a new top-level luxury trim called the Limited. Limited trim includes several exclusive features:
- 22-inch wheels
- Semi-aniline leather and Alcantara seating surfaces
- Dark silver ash wood interior trim
- Leather touch surfaces
All QX80 trims are equipped with a 5.6-liter V8 engine rated at 400 horsepower and 413 pound-feet of torque. A seven-speed automatic transmission is included as standard equipment. Rear-wheel drive is standard, with four-wheel-drive optional on lower trims and standard on the Limited.
The EPA estimates QX80 fuel efficiency at up to 14 mpg in city driving and 20 mpg on the highway.
What Does the 2019 Infiniti QX80 Compete With?
The 2019 Infiniti QX80 competes in the full-size luxury SUV class against vehicles that include:
- BMW X7
- Cadillac Escalade ESV
- GMC Yukon XL
- Land Rover Discovery
- Land Rover Range Rover
- Lexus LX570
- Lincoln Navigator
- Mercedes-Benz GLS
In this class, it’s assumed that a full-size SUV will carry at least seven passengers and offer large-scale cargo capacity. Further, all full-size luxury SUVs offer plenty of engine power to perform well on the road and tow a substantial trailer. Finally, these large, high-end SUVs include enough technology to be safe, quiet, and comfortable at all times.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Infiniti QX80
The Infiniti QX80 is better looking than many SUVs in this class. Most competitors tend to be extremely boxy and heavy in appearance. The QX80’s exterior bodywork was updated for the 2018 model year, and the relatively sleek design reduces wind noise to help keep the cabin quiet.
Infiniti uses the phrase “powerful elegance” to describe the QX80’s exterior, and its design is more conservative than many modern SUVs. Infiniti has steered clear of strangely shaped grilles and ultra-heavy front end designs.
Infiniti includes the following as standard or optional exterior equipment:
- 20-inch or 22-inch wheels
- Auto-leveling LED headlights and fog lights
- Power moonroof
- Power liftgate
- Power folding mirrors
- Running boards
- Courtesy lamps
- Satin chrome roof rails
Interior Style in the 2019 Infiniti QX80
Infiniti focuses on functionality inside the QX80. Controls are straightforward and easy to use. Instead of a single all-controlling touchscreen, Infiniti still provides some individual buttons and knobs. While this can create a cluttered look, it’s also much easier to locate any given function. For example, front-seat heat and ventilation are controlled through a single knob. Twist left to cool the seat, or twist right for heat.
The QX80 seats are comfortable, even for larger individuals, and are power-adjustable. All trims include leather upholstery throughout. Standard QX80 interior colors include wheat beige, or graphite dark gray. Saddle brown is available with the Limited trim. The new Limited model also includes open-grain silver ash wood and satin chrome trim. The second-row seats can be configured as dual captain’s chairs or as a three-passenger bench seat. The third row accommodates up to three passengers.
Both the second- and third- row seats fold flat to maximize cargo space. The QX80 provides 16.6 cubic feet of space behind the third row. This is about equal to a standard passenger car trunk. Cargo space expands to 49.6 cubic feet with the third row folded, which is about equal to a full load in a compact SUV. With both rows of rear seats folded, the QX80 will carry up to 95.1 cubic feet of stuff. That’s big enough to handle a standard washer/dryer combo from the appliance store.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Infiniti QX80?
Infiniti has carefully updated the QX80 technology package in the last two years. The standard InTouch system uses an 8.0-inch touchscreen. The screen supports tablet-style gestures and voice control. However, Infiniti has not eliminated control buttons on the dash, and that’s a good thing. Major functions can be accessed at the touch of a button, rather than through a sequence of menus on the screen.
The QX80 key system is worth noting. Each key can be associated with up to 200 separate preferences. The two primary keys can store:
- Correct seat position
- Navigation favorites
- Infotainment settings
- Climate control preferences
Infiniti also supports a phone app that allows remote control of many vehicle functions. QX80 owners can start the engine and pre-condition the cabin, or flash the lights to help locate their vehicle in a large parking lot.
Onboard navigation is standard on all QX80 trims. The standard audio system is a 13-speaker Bose setup, with a 15-speaker Bose surround-sound system available as an option. A second-row entertainment system with dual independent video screens is optional.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Infiniti QX80?
Infiniti added a host of new advanced driver assistance features to the 2019 QX80. Standard equipment on all QX80 models includes:
- Forward emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Predictive forward-collision warning
- 360-degree around-view monitor
- Forward and reverse sonar proximity warning
- Moving-object detection
The following features are optional on lower trims, and standard on QX80 Limited:
- Camera-based rearview mirror
- Lane-departure warning and prevention
- Full speed-range Intelligent cruise control
- Distance control assist
- Blind-spot warning and intervention
- Backup collision intervention
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) gives the 2019 Infiniti QX80 four out of five stars for overall crash safety.
What is the 2019 Infiniti QX80 Like to Drive?
The 2019 Infiniti QX80 is a big vehicle with a smooth, firm ride. Infiniti uses special technology to keep the QX80 from wallowing in corners. Hydraulic Body Motion Control senses body roll and stiffens the suspension to counteract the effect. This technology is optional on Luxe trim and standard on the Limited. All QX80 trims come with auto-leveling suspension, so this SUV will ride flat even with a full load of cargo or a trailer.
The 5.6-liter V8 engine provides plenty of power, and the seven-speed transmission is smooth in its operation. The QX80 is quiet on the road thanks to extra insulation added for the 2019 model year.
One of the surprising things about the QX80 is that it also performs well off-road. The QX80 Luxe AWD and Limited trims include a dual-range four-wheel-drive system. The driver controls the system using a dial in the center console. By default, the QX80 remains in full-time all-wheel-drive mode. The driver can select high-range or low-range four-wheel-drive as needed. Low-range allows the QX80 to negotiate demanding off-road conditions where more traction is needed.
Should I Buy a Current Infiniti QX80?
The 2019 Infiniti QX80 is a great choice if you want a full-size luxury SUV that’s a little different than the competition. However, the QX80 has not had a major redesign since the 2011 model year, so other SUV choices may be more up-to-date. With the QX80 due for a major redesign, waiting a year or two may be wise.
But if you like the current QX80, there’s really no reason not to buy one. Infiniti has been building this generation of the QX80 for eight years now without major problems. That means you’ll get a reliable SUV with great features.
Should I buy a Used Infiniti QX80? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
Buying a used Infiniti QX80 could be a really smart move. Since this SUV has not had a major redesign since 2011, it hasn’t changed much. Buying a three-to-five-year-old QX80 could save you a lot of money. You’ll miss out on some of the advanced driver-assistance features, but an older QX80 is still a safe and capable SUV.
How Much Does the New 2019 Infiniti QX80 Cost?
There’s a big price difference between the three available QX80 trim levels. The QX80 Luxe starts at $66,895 with rear-wheel-drive. The QX80 Luxe 4WD model is the same trim with the dual-range four-wheel-drive system, and this model starts at $69,995. The range-topping QX80 Limited 4WD starts at $91,595. All prices include a destination charge of $1,395.
Full-size luxury SUVs are always expensive, and the QX80 is no exception. However, the QX80 is competitively priced with its competition. If you’re shopping for an ultimate large SUV, the 2019 Infiniti QX80 is worth your consideration and a test drive.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 INFINITI QX80
- Proven 5.6-liter V8 engine
- Dual-range four-wheel drive for off-road use
- Great cargo capacity
- Sporty Infiniti ride and handling
- Quiet interior
- Traditional button controls
- Older model
- No support for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- Marginal fuel economy
The History of the Infiniti QX80: Big and Bigger
Infiniti has built the QX80 since 2004 in one form or another. The original SUV was called the QX56 because of the 5.6-liter V8 engine. Infiniti made that vehicle from 2004 through 2010. The new SUV was redesigned for the 2011 model year but kept the QX56 name until 2014.
The QX80 name came with a refresh for 2014. The SUV has continued with only modest changes and a light update in 2018. The addition of a new Limited luxury trim expanded the lineup for the 2019 model year.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 INFINITI QX80
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 5.6L V8 w/VVEL & DIG
- 400 hp
- 7-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- DVD Player
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 5.6L V8 w/VVEL & DIG
- Transmission: 7-Speed Automatic -inc: Adaptive Shift Control (ASC), manual shift mode w/Downshift Rev-Matching, snow and tow modes and Hill Start Assist
- 2.94 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 7,300 lbs
- Transmission w/Oil Cooler
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 82-Amp/Hr 710CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 150 Amp Alternator
- Class IV Towing Equipment -inc: Hitch and Trailer Sway Control
- Trailer Wiring Harness
- 1 Skid Plate
- 1624lbs. Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Front Shock Absorbers and Air Rear Shock Absorbers
- Rear Auto-Leveling Suspension
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Hydraulic Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 26 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Double Wishbone Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs and Brake Assist
- Brake Actuated Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 20" x 8.0" Aluminum-Alloy
- Tires: 275/60R20 H-Rated All-Season Performance
- Wheels w/Silver Accents
- Aluminum Spare Wheel
- Full-Size Spare Tire Stored Underbody w/Crankdown
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/1 Tow Hook
- Body-Colored Rear Step Bumper w/1 Tow Hook
- Body-Colored Fender Flares
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Chrome Front Windshield Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power w/Tilt Down Heated Auto Dimming Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Body-Colored Splash Guards
- Lip Spoiler
- Running Boards
- Chrome Grille
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Manual-Leveling Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Laminated Glass
- Radio: AM/FM/HD w/Single In-Dash CD/DVD Player & MP3 -inc: INFINITI controller w/8-inch touch-screen display, INFINITI InTouch navigation w/voice recognition, lane guidance and 3D building graphics, INFINITI InTouch services includes 12-months of safety, security and convenience services, Bose 13-speaker premium sound system including 2 subwoofers, streaming audio via Bluetooth wireless technology, Bluetooth hands-free phone system, hands-free text messaging assistant, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-sensitive volume control, driver's audio stage, SiriusXM radio w/90-day complimentary trial, SiriusXM Traffic w/4-year complimentary trial access to real-time traffic information, SiriusXM Travel Link w/4-year complimentary trial access to weather, fuel prices, stocks, sports and movie times and 2 first row USB connection ports for iPod interface and other compatible devices
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Steering Wheel Controls and Multi-Source Rear Controls
- Regular Amplifier
- Digital Signal Processor
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: 10-way power driver's seat w/dual occupant memory system and 8-way power passenger's seat including 2-way power driver and passenger lumbar support
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- 6-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Fold Flat
- Bucket Folding Bucket Front Facing Manual Reclining Flip Forward Cushion/Seatback Rear Seat
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Voltmeter, Oil Pressure, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Fixed 60-40 Split-Bench 3rd Row Seat Front, Power Recline, Power Fold Into Floor, 2 Manual and Adjustable Head Restraints
- Heated Leather Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Voice Activated Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Headliner/Pillar Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Aluminum/Genuine Wood Instrument Panel Insert, Aluminum/Genuine Wood Door Panel Insert, Genuine Wood/Metal-Look Console Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather Gear Shift Knob
- Leather-Appointed Seats w/Stratford Burl Trim
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Locking Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage, Rear (removable) Console w/Storage and 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Space Lights
- Door Mirrors and Steering Wheel
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Remote Engine Start
- Tracker System
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Manual Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- INFINITI Connection Emergency Sos
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Predictive Forward Collision Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st, 2nd And 3rd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Around View Monitor w/Moving Object Detection Back-Up Camera
- Front Camera
- Left Side Camera
- Right Side Camera