Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Three-row, seven-passenger mid-size SUV
- Standard 3.5-liter V6 engine and Continuously Variable Transmission
- Two trim levels to choose from
- All-wheel-drive offered on all trims
- Many advanced safety and driver assist features now standard
Infiniti QX60: Everything You Need to Know
About the Infiniti QX60:
The Infiniti QX60 is a mid-size crossover SUV with seating for up to seven passengers in three rows. The QX60 has a powerful 3.5-liter V6 engine and a continuously variable transmission.
Infiniti makes the QX60 in two trim levels: Pure and Luxe. You can think of these as Better and Best, because all Infiniti vehicles are luxury models. All-wheel-drive is optional on either trim.
Infiniti allows you to customize your SUV with option packages. Option packages offered for 2019 include advanced driver assist features and luxury refinements.
The 2019 Infiniti QX60 merits your consideration as a family SUV. Infiniti represents quality, comfort, and performance.
What’s New in the Current Infiniti QX60?
For 2019, Infiniti made sizable upgrades to the QX60. New features include a 3.5-liter V6 engine. This offers 295 horsepower, 270 pound-feet of torque. Continuously variable automatic transmission is standard.
Trim choices are either QX60 Pure or QX60 Luxe. Both offer all-wheel-drive. There are new option packages for technology and safety features. A new “Limited” package offers unique luxury refinements.
Several advanced safety features are now standard, the most important update this year. These include blind spot warning, emergency braking, and predictive forward collision warning.
What Does the Infiniti QX60 Compete With?
The Infiniti QX60 competes in the luxury mid-size SUV category. Contenders in this category offer seating for up to seven passengers in three rows. Advanced safety equipment and moderate cargo and towing capacity are also important.
Competing SUVs include:
- Acura MDX
- Audi Q7
- BMW X5
- Cadillac XT5
- GMC Acadia
- Land Rover Discovery
- Lexus RX350L
- Lincoln Nautilus
- Mercedes-Benz GLE
- Volvo XC90
Luxury mid-size buyers look for value in price and features. All-wheel-drive is important for winter weather rather than rugged off-road capability. Personal comfort and a quiet cabin are key selling points.
Exterior Design of the Infiniti QX60
The QX60 offers a more flowing and athletic exterior than many competitors. Mid-size SUVs can be boxy. Infiniti gives its vehicles curves, suggesting speed and comfort. The Infiniti QX60 is among the most attractive mid-size SUVs on the market.
Standard exterior features include LED daytime running, fog, and tail lights. Power folding, heated side mirrors complement a power sliding moonroof. Power rear liftgate, UV-reducing solar glass, rear privacy glass and acoustic front side glass are standard. A choice of nine exterior colors completes the look.
Popular exterior options include:
- Auto-dimming side rearview mirrors
- Panoramic moonroof with power rear sunshade
- Motion-activated liftgate
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Automatic high beams
Interior Style in the Infiniti QX60
Infiniti vehicles specializes in comfort with a touch of performance. The driving position in the QX60 emphasizes visibility and ease of access to the controls. The front seats are well bolstered, with power lumbar support. The driver is cradled and supported in the seat, reducing fatigue on longer journeys. Standard heated front seats reduce muscle aches and front seat ventilation is optional.
For ultimate luxury, upgrade the QX60 Luxe or Luxe AWD with the Limited package. This option includes quilted and top-stitched leather upholstery. Limited also includes 20-inch wheels and interior wood accents.
In the second row, the bench seat slides up to 5.5 inches to allow access to the third row. This allows third-row access without removing the second-row LATCH child safety seats. The second row seats have a 60/40 split, and the rear seat a 50/50 split to maximize cargo space flexibility.
The QX60 offers good cargo space at up to 75.8 cubic feet with all rear seats folded. That’s plenty for a major shopping trip or a weekend away. Even with all seats occupied, the QX60 offers 16 cubic feet behind the third row. This is enough room for backpacks or sports gear.
Key interior features include:
- Standard leatherette seats with optional leather
- Standard 8-way power driver's seat, 6-way power front passenger's seat, with optional memory
- Standard heated front seats, with optional ventilation
- Standard leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, with optional heated wheel
- Standard three zone automatic temperature control, with optional advanced system
- Standard Rear Door Alert
- Eight cup holders and six bottle holders
What Technology Comes in the Infiniti QX60?
Infiniti provides a solid basic audio system in the QX60. Features include an in-dash CD player and six speakers on the base Pure trim. The Luxe trim gets eight standard speakers, or upgrade to an optional 13-speaker or 15-speaker Bose audio system.
The optional Theater package includes dual 8.0-inch monitors on the backs of the front seats. Second row passengers get two sets of wireless headphones and a remote control.
An 8.0-inch touchscreen interface is above the audio controls on the dash. Both the Pure and the Luxe trims support Infiniti’s InTouch system interface for hands-free phone support. The Luxe trim adds onboard GPS navigation to the InTouch system.
Infiniti offers no technology option packages on the Pure trim. You can upgrade the Luxe trim with the two Bose audio packages and the Theater package. Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant are both offered with the Essential package.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the Infiniti QX60?
Infiniti prefers to offer option packages rather than more trim levels. The company has made several important safety features standard for the 2019 model year. These include blind spot monitor, forward emergency braking with pedestrian detection and predictive forward collision warning.
The Luxe trim offers ProASSIST with several more advanced features:
- Lane departure prevention
- Lane departure warning
- Active blind spot intervention
- Backup collision intervention
- Automatic high beam assist
- Lane tracing assist on curves
- Forward and rear parking sonar
Infiniti offers more advanced safety features in packages, including:
- 360-degree camera system with moving object detection (Essential package)
- Adaptive cruise control (Proactive package)
- Distance control assist (Proactive package)
The 2019 Infiniti QX60 performs well in standard crash tests. The QX60 earned the full five star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) rates the QX60 as good in most crash tests. The QX60 earned an Acceptable rating for small overlap impacts on the passenger side.
What is the Infiniti QX60 Like to Drive?
Driving enthusiasts enjoy the QX60. This SUV has excellent acceleration and quiet cruising. The QX60 is also nimble for its size. This SUV responds well to steering inputs, and gives a natural feeling of control. It’s not lazy and it’s not too sporty. This is an SUV you’ll enjoy driving because it is well balanced.
Fuel economy numbers are about average for the segment. With front-wheel-drive, the QX60 delivers EPA-estimated fuel economy of 20 MPG city and 27 MPG highway. If you select all-wheel-drive, you’ll get 19 MPG city and 26 MPG on the highway.
Should I Buy a Current Infiniti QX60?
The 2019 Infiniti QX60 is a good choice among luxury SUVs. It’s among the most comfortable options in its class. The QX60 delivers good performance and cargo capacity. The 2019 model is a good buy because of its newly standard active advanced safety features.
Should I buy a Used Infiniti QX60? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
With any luxury SUV, you want to buy the newest model you can afford. This is because the state of safety technology is advancing so quickly. If you buy a four or five year-old vehicle, you’re missing out on too much of the latest advancements.
Automatic emergency braking has been offered since 2018. Most other advanced safety features became offered in 2016. So, limit your selection to 2016 and later QX60 models.
How Much Does the New Infiniti QX60 Cost?
The 2019 Infiniti QX60 has an interesting price structure. The base Pure trim with front-wheel-drive retails for $44,250. There are no option packages offered at this trim level. Upgrading to the Pure trim with all-wheel-drive costs an additional $1,800.
The upgrade Luxe trim starts at $46,050, which is not much more than the Pure trim. Adding all-wheel-drive still costs $1,800. However, you must start with Luxe trim to get access to the option packages.
Available option packages range from $500 to $5,000 each, and often overlap in the features they provide. Also, some option packages require ordering other option packages as well. Visit your Infiniti dealer to determine the exact price for the features you need.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 INFINITI QX60
- Affordable base price
- Powerful 3.5-liter V6 engine
- New standard advanced safety features
- Best comfort and ergonomics
- Available all-wheel-drive
- Expensive and complicated option packages
- No support for Android Auto or Apple CarPlay
The History of the Infiniti QX60: Performance Meets Luxury
Infiniti introduced the QX60 for the 2013 model year, replacing the older JX35 SUV. The QX60 was Infiniti’s first-ever three-row SUV. The QX60 is still on its first generation, so it’s due for a major redesign in the next few years.
Infiniti has made incremental changes in engine power, safety, and connectivity technology to keep pace with the market. The QX60 remains competitive in its class, and a sales leader for Infiniti.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 INFINITI QX60
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 3.5L V6
- 295 hp
- Continuously Variable (CVT)
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Blind Spot Warning
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.5L V6
- Transmission: Continuously Variable (CVT)
- 5.25 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 5,986 lbs.
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 82-Amp/Hr 550CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 150 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electro-Hydraulic Power Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 19.5 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Brake Actuated Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 18" Triple 5-Spoke Aluminum-Alloy
- Tires: 235/65R18 T-Rated All-Season
- Wheels w/Silver Accents
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Stored Underbody w/Crankdown
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Chrome Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Chrome Bodyside Moldings and Rocker Panel Extensions
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Chrome Grille
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Manual-Leveling Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- LED Brakelights
- Laminated Glass
- Radio: AM/FM/CD/HD/MP3 Audio System -inc: 6 speakers w/playback capability, A/V USB ports x2 type A, Radio Data System (RDS), and speed-sensitive volume control, illuminated steering wheel-mounted audio controls, auxiliary A/V input jacks & 12-volts power outlet in front center console, INFINITI InTouch system w/8" color touch-screen display and voice recognition, SiriusXM radio w/3-month complimentary trial, SiriusXM Travel Link w/4-year complimentary trial access to weather, fuel prices, stock prices, sports scores and movie listings, Bluetooth hands-free phone system and audio streaming, hands-free text messaging assistant and 6 USB charging ports: charge only, front center console, illuminated (2x - 1 type A & 1 type C), rear center console-mounted, illuminated (2x - 1 type A & 1 type C) non theater only, 3rd row (2x - type A)
- Radio w/Seek-Scan and Clock
- Window Grid And Roof Mount Diversity Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Heated Front Seats -inc: 8-way power driver's seat w/2-way manual lumbar support and 6-way power front passenger's seat
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Tumble Forward Rear Seat w/Manual Fore/Aft
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Fixed 50-50 Bench 3rd Row Seat Front, Manual Recline, Manual Fold Into Floor and 2 Fixed Head Restraints
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Auxiliary Rear Heater and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Carbon Fiber/Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Carbon Fiber/Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Carbon Fiber/Metal-Look Console Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Chrome Gear Shift Knob
- Leatherette Seat Trim
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Smart Device Integration
- Instrument Panel Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Manual Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest w/Storage and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Blind Spot Warning Blind Spot Sensor
- Forward Emergency Braking
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st, 2nd And 3rd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- RearView Monitor Back-Up Camera