Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Compact and great looking style
- Shares a platform with the Mercedes-Benz GLA
2019 Infiniti QX30: Everything You Need to Know
About the QX30:
The 2019 Infiniti QX30 is the smallest SUV that Infiniti makes. It seats five passengers and has a similar swooping design to many other vehicles in Infiniti's lineup. It sits below the larger QX50 and QX60.
It is more of a compact hatchback than an SUV, with somewhat limited interior space. Infiniti refers to it as a “premium active crossover.”
The QX30 comes in just one engine variant: A 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 that puts out 208 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. This engine is paired to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. It can be optioned with all-wheel drive.
The Infiniti QX30 shares the platform with one of its competitors, the Mercedes-Benz GLA.
The QX30 is built by the Japanese company, Infiniti, which is the luxury brand of Nissan. The QX30 is built in England.
What’s New in the 2019 Infiniti QX30?
The QX30 largely carries over for 2019 with minimal changes.
There is one added feature in the Luxe trims that offers navigation package with Infiniti’s InTouch services which allow owners to schedule maintenance and lock and unlock doors remotely. There is also a new wheel package that offers 19-inch gunmetal colored wheels with summer tires.
There are six trim levels of the QX30:
- QX30 Pure: This is the base model of the QX30, and it gets standard front-wheel drive, forward emergency braking, blind-spot warning, brake assistance, and basic cruise control.
- QX30 Luxe: This is a front-wheel-drive model that gets leather and leatherette inside, a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, and power and heated front seats and added navigation.
- QX30 Essential: This version gets all the Luxe features plus Nappa leather, additional safety equipment, and an upgraded 10-speaker Bose audio system.
- QX30 Sport: This is the front-wheel-drive only model, and it gets a lower center of gravity than the other trims. There is no AWD available on this model. You get a blacked-out grille and body-colored side sill panels, a touch of chrome on the trunk and dark chrome exhaust tips, sport-tuned suspension and 19-inch aluminum alloy wheels.
- QX30 Luxe AWD: This version gets the same features as the Luxe front-wheel-drive version–just in an all-wheel-drive version, plus an upgraded stereo, Nappa leather, and a few upgraded safety features.
- QX30 Essential AWD: This is the version with the intelligent all-wheel drive. It comes with unique lower fascias, black side sills roof rails, and 18-inch wheels. It also gets a slightly higher ride height than the two-wheel-drive version—an added 1.2-inches.
The EPA estimates that the 2019 Infiniti QX30 gets 27 miles per gallon combined and 24 city/33 highway.
What Does the 2019 Infiniti QX30 Compete With?
The 2019 Infiniti QX30 competes in the full-size luxury SUV class against vehicles that include:
It is important to note that the Infiniti QX30 is based on the same platform as the Mercedes-Benz GLA. The companies worked together to develop both vehicles, and the QX30 gets the same engine and transmission as the GLA 250.
The QX30 is a great vehicle for new families who don't yet need a lot of space but want something easy to park and maneuver in tight city situations.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Infiniti QX30
The Infiniti QX30 is better looking than many SUVs in this class. It has unique body lines that make it look aggressive but fluid at the same time. From the outside, the QX30 is striking, especially when clad in the almost rose-gold, Liquid Copper color.
The QX30 has more of a hatchback look than many of its rivals, giving it a real European flair. It comes at its base Pure level with standard:
- Halogen headlights with auto on/off and LED taillights
- Automatic dimming driver’s side mirror
- Chrome and body-colored door handles
- Power folding exterior mirrors Stepping up to higher trims adds things like a moonroof and LED headlights.
Interior Style in the 2019 Infiniti QX30
Inside the QX30 is luxurious if a bit tight. The front seats are comfortable and supportive enough for long rides-even in the base Pure model. You can opt for Fibretec on the base model but will need to step up to the Luxe line or Essential line to get Nappa leather.
At the center of the dash is a 7-inch touchscreen display that seems a bit aged compared to many of the competitors—especially if you are looking at a new Audi Q3 or a brand-new Volvo XC40.
Controls around the cabin are sort of a pain to use. The transmission selector is small and can be fussy, while the common control like climate and audio can be somewhat of a pain to use while driving.
The rear seats are tight at best, and trunk space is extremely limited with just 19.2 cubic feet of space. Plus, Infiniti doesn’t offer a power liftgate like others in the competitive set.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Infiniti QX30?
At the base Pure level of the QX30, there aren't a lot of included bells and whistles. To get some of the technology features, you'll want you should step up to the Luxe or Essential trims.
At the base, the 2019 Infiniti QX30 comes with a seven-inch touchscreen system and includes:
- Intelligent key system and push-button start
- Outside temperature display
- A six-speaker audio system with Bluetooth streaming and available Sirius XM
- An in-dash CD player
- Two USB ports
There is no Apple CarPlay or Android Auto available in the QX30.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Infiniti QX30?
Infiniti added a host of new advanced driver assistance features to the 2019 QX30. Standard equipment on all QX30 models includes:
- Forward emergency braking
- Blindspot warning
- Traction control
- Basic cruise control
By stepping up to higher trims, you can get additional features like:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Around view camera
- Available parking assist
Neither the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) nor the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)has rated the 2019 Infiniti QX30 four out of five stars for overall crash safety.
What is the 2019 Infiniti QX30 Like to Drive?
The 2019 Infiniti QX30 is fun to drive on the road –but for passengers (unless they are small) it can be an uncomfortable ride.
While the QX30 was certainly one of the best compact SUVs on the market when it first came out, it feels a bit behind the times now. Sure, it's agile on the road, but in many cases, the engine feels underpowered and sluggish. While it won't make you sweat when you are getting on the highway, it does feel a bit slow compared to vehicles like the XC40 or the GLA.
The ride inside can be rough on the road, and the lack of space in the back seats (and visibility because windows are high up) can make rear passengers more prone to car-sickness, too. From the front seats, there are significant blind spots, and you should constantly watch those areas to be sure that you don't collide with other drivers.
One additional quibble we had was the blind spot monitor/around view monitor on the top-level trim we drove. It's so sensitive that when a large semi-truck is in the lane next to you, it tends to go off. In stop and go traffic, the constant alarm gets pretty old.
Should I Buy a Current Infiniti QX30?
The QX30 hasn't had a real upgrade since it was first launched a few years ago. It's a decent vehicle, but it is pricey, and there are other options on the market that are fresher and more well-suited (think more spacious and offer more power) than the QX30.
If you want a QX30, we'd recommend going for the Luxe trim at the minimum to get the features you want and need in today's driving era.
Should I buy a Used Infiniti QX30? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
Buying a used Infiniti QX30 could be a really smart move. Because this tiny crossover hasn’t had an update since it was launched, it offers basically the same thing as a new version.
One thing of note, Infiniti will cease production of the QX30 this year. It will still be available in showrooms through 2019, but you can expect used inventory to grow as a result.
How Much Does the New 2019 Infiniti QX30 Cost?
There are no bones about it; the 2019 Infiniti QX30 is pricey. The base vehicle starts at $30,205 plus delivery. Step up to the Luxe level, and it will cost you an additional $3,100. The top line Essential AWD version will cost you $40,200 plus delivery.
That’s a lot of scratch for an aging vehicle design. While it looks great from the outside, the QX30 is a vehicle that is due to be replaced soon.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 INFINITI QX30
- Great looking exterior design
- Agile on the road
- Mercedes-Benz underpinnings give it a lot of cache
- No support for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- Tiny back seats and cargo area
- Aging touchscreen system
- Lackluster power and acceleration
The History of the Infiniti QX30:
Infiniti launched the QX30 in 2017 to get into the super-competitive compact SUV market. It has always been known for its really stand-out design. Infiniti says that it is really geared towards city-dwellers who want the capability of an SUV without the huge footprint. The QX30 will cease production in mid-2019.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 INFINITI QX30
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 2.0L I-4 DOHC Turbo
- 208 hp
- 7-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L I-4 DOHC Turbo -inc: idle stop start
- Transmission: 7-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic -inc: overdrive and paddle shifters
- 2.654 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 1,940 kgs (4,268 lbs)
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Front-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 80-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery
- 110 Amp Alternator
- 996# Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 13.2 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Polished Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 18" Aluminum-Alloy
- Tires: 235/50R18 All-Season Run-Flat
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Metal-Look Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Metal-Look Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Chrome Side Windows Trim, Black Front Windshield Trim and Black Rear Window Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Driver Auto Dimming, Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Manual-Leveling Fully Automatic Projector Beam Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: AM/FM/CD/HD/SAT Audio System -inc: 6-speakers, 2 USB ports, Bluetooth hands-free phone, audio streaming, INFINITI InTouch including 7" touch screen, SiriusXM radio w/90-day complimentary trial, SiriusXM Travel Link w/4-year complimentary trial access to weather, fuel prices, stocks, sports and movie times and INFINITI voice recognition Satellite radio service is not available in Alaska and Hawaii.
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, MP3 Player, Clock, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Window Grid Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: 8-way manually adjustable front seats and 4-way power driver lumbar support
- Driver Seat
- 4-Way Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- INFINITI InTouch Selective Service Internet Access
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Leatherette Instrument Panel Insert, Leatherette/Piano Black Console Insert, Metal-Look Interior Accents and Leather Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Cloth Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Fibretec Seat Trim
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Rigid Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Manual w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- RearView Monitor Back-Up Camera